Talk to our experts
The Animal Kingdom Story
Reading the compilation of short stories to children will help them develop an interest in reading and writing stories. These stories with hidden morals help in building character.
The Animal Kingdom Story is about listening and paying heed to the wise words of elders.
Read the story about an animal kingdom with a leopard king.
Read the Story About an Animal Kingdom
The amazing story of the animal kingdom for kids is an inspirational and fun story that young minds will appreciate. The story is about an animal kingdom where a leopard is the king. However, one day his rule is threatened by the arrival of a lion cub. What does the leopard king do? Read the story ahead to know more about it.
The Defeat of Animal Kingdom Story For Kids
Once upon a time, there was an animal kingdom that lived in a deep and dense forest. Unlike all the other kingdoms, this one didn’t have a lion as the king but a very kind and good-hearted leopard. The animal kingdom was very happy under the rule of the leopard as he would always look after his subjects and help them in any way he could. The leopard king had a monkey as his advisor who was very wise and provided valuable advice to the king.
King of the Animal Kingdom, the Leopard.
A Lion Cub Arrives in the Forest
One day, the leopard was on his daily walks through the jungle when he noticed a lion cub near the bushes. It was very small but looked ferocious. But the cub was just a baby and didn’t know where his parents were. The lion cub was very scared and hid under the bushes to keep away from predators.
The leopard king felt bad for the cub as it was separated from its parents. However, the monkey advised the king to remove the cub from the animal kingdom in the forest . The monkey said, “We all know that lions are born to rule over the forest. If you want to remain the king of this forest, you should throw this cub away from the jungle at once.”
The leopard listened to the monkey but couldn’t throw the cub away. He then ordered his subjects to keep him in a cave nearby and raise him up. Although the monkey disagreed with the king, he didn’t say anything.
The Lion Cub Grows Up to be Powerful
As time passed, the lion cub started to grow larger and larger. Very soon, he started developing the nature of a lion. He was proud and mighty and was constantly talking about his powers. As he grew up, he started noticing that the kingdom didn’t have a lion as a ruler. He realised that he was the strongest one in the kingdom and demanded supremacy over the others. The lion soon started to destroy the entire animal kingdom to show its power over the others.
The Lion Wants His Rule
One day, the lion came up to the leopard and claimed a portion of the kingdom. The leopard was shocked and angry. He refused the lion immediately. He even ordered the lion to get out of the jungle. The lion went away but promised to return, seeking revenge. He soon returned to the jungle, but he was not alone; he brought a whole pride of lions with him. Together the lions destroyed the entire animal kingdom and killed the leopard as well.
The Pride of Lions.
Summary of the Animal Kingdom Story
Children that read this story can learn a very deep and valuable moral from it. The story of the animal kingdom teaches us that we should always listen to the wise words our elders say. We must pay heed to their advice and do things accordingly. Our elders have seen the world longer than us and hence have a sense of the surroundings. So, we must always listen to what they have to say. The leopard king didn’t listen to the wise old monkey, and the kingdom had to suffer the consequences.
FAQs on The Animal Kingdom Story
1. Who was the king of the animal kingdom?
This animal kingdom in the forest was unique because it didn’t have a lion as the king. The ruler of the animal kingdom was a kind leopard.
2. Who was the advisor of the leopard king?
The leopard king chose an old monkey to be his advisor. The monkey was very wise and would help the king in matters of the jungle.
3. What advice did the monkey give to the leopard about the lion cub?
The monkey advised the leopard king to throw the lion cub out of the jungle.
500 Words Essay on Animal
Animals carry a lot of importance in our lives. They offer humans with food and many other things. For instance, we consume meat, eggs, dairy products. Further, we use animals as a pet too. They are of great help to handicaps. Thus, through the animal essay, we will take a look at these creatures and their importance.
Types of Animals
First of all, all kinds of living organisms which are eukaryotes and compose of numerous cells and can sexually reproduce are known as animals. All animals have a unique role to play in maintaining the balance of nature.
A lot of animal species exist in both, land and water. As a result, each of them has a purpose for their existence. The animals divide into specific groups in biology. Amphibians are those which can live on both, land and water.
Reptiles are cold-blooded animals which have scales on their body. Further, mammals are ones which give birth to their offspring in the womb and have mammary glands. Birds are animals whose forelimbs evolve into wings and their body is covered with feather.
They lay eggs to give birth. Fishes have fins and not limbs. They breathe through gills in water. Further, insects are mostly six-legged or more. Thus, these are the kinds of animals present on earth.
Importance of Animals
Animals play an essential role in human life and planet earth. Ever since an early time, humans have been using animals for their benefit. Earlier, they came in use for transportation purposes.
Further, they also come in use for food, hunting and protection. Humans use oxen for farming. Animals also come in use as companions to humans. For instance, dogs come in use to guide the physically challenged people as well as old people.
In research laboratories, animals come in use for drug testing. Rats and rabbits are mostly tested upon. These researches are useful in predicting any future diseases outbreaks. Thus, we can protect us from possible harm.
Astronomers also use animals to do their research. They also come in use for other purposes. Animals have use in various sports like racing, polo and more. In addition, they also have use in other fields.
They also come in use in recreational activities. For instance, there are circuses and then people also come door to door to display the tricks by animals to entertain children. Further, they also come in use for police forces like detection dogs.
Similarly, we also ride on them for a joyride. Horses, elephants, camels and more come in use for this purpose. Thus, they have a lot of importance in our lives.
Get the huge list of more than 500 Essay Topics and Ideas
Conclusion of Animal Essay
Thus, animals play an important role on our planet earth and in human lives. Therefore, it is our duty as humans to protect animals for a better future. Otherwise, the human race will not be able to survive without the help of the other animals.
FAQ on Animal Essay
Question 1: Why are animals are important?
Answer 1: All animals play an important role in the ecosystem. Some of them help to bring out the nutrients from the cycle whereas the others help in decomposition, carbon, and nitrogen cycle. In other words, all kinds of animals, insects, and even microorganisms play a role in the ecosystem.
Question 2: How can we protect animals?
Answer 2: We can protect animals by adopting them. Further, one can also volunteer if one does not have the means to help. Moreover, donating to wildlife reserves can help. Most importantly, we must start buying responsibly to avoid companies which harm animals to make their products.
- Travelling Essay
- Picnic Essay
- Our Country Essay
- My Parents Essay
- Essay on Favourite Personality
- Essay on Memorable Day of My Life
- Essay on Knowledge is Power
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on My Favourite Season
- Essay on Types of Sports
Which class are you in?
Download the App
Apr 10, 2015
Essay on Animals for class 1 | Pointwise
- Animals are living things like us.
- They eat food , play , run and hunt.
- We categorise animals into domestic animal and wild animal .
- By birth we are also an animal but we are superior to other animal in many ways.
- Animals have their homes like us.
- It also maintains family.
- Few animals are very beautiful but few are not.
- Different animals have different voice.
- Cow, Buffalo, Goat, hen and dog are more important to human beings.
- when there were no machines , the bull were life line of our agriculture.
- There are mainly two types of animals herbivorous and carnivorous.
- Herbivorous animals eat plant and carnivorous animals eat flesh.
- Animals are suffering much from many human caused problems.
- Injections are used to suck more milk from the body of cows.
- This must be treated as illegal work in our system.
- The male calf is forced to death as they have not much advantage for milkmen.
- Milkmen are using plastic can on the mouth of calf to stop them from feeding.
- This is very inhuman in nature and I feel very much sad for this.
- I deny to take milk due to this reason.
- Animals are very much affected negatively from human treatment.
- Forests are the ideal home for many animals and these are vanishing.
- I request our government to take action against bad treatment against animals
- My Daily Routine Essay For Kids | Point Wise Daily Routine Paragraph For writing essay or paragraph on daily routine , first it needs to 'workout a plan' for 'daily routines for kids'. It is...
- Courtesy Essay On Courtesy School Essay 'English dictionary online' gives the synonyms and more words related to courtesy, however I find it in an unique way- Courtesy ...
Search by one word
- Forum- Answer Hub
- Creative Academy
- Publish Your Essay
- Member Submission
- Latest Essay
Essay Categories !
Categories of Essay
- Informative essay (72)
- Aim of Life (32)
- school (24)
- Biography Essay (22)
- Informative Essay-2 (22)
- Hindu Festival Essay (20)
- my favourite (19)
- Competitor (18)
- Autobiography Essay (17)
- Health is Wealth (16)
- Essay On Pollution (15)
- behaviour (15)
- my dream (15)
- Lokpal bill Essay (14)
- experience (14)
- hindi essay (14)
- Most memorable day in my life. (12)
- My Best Friend (11)
- My School (11)
- Science essay (11)
- A trip with your Family (10)
- computer (10)
- my mother (10)
- My family essay (9)
- Corruption (8)
- Essay on Teacher (8)
- Examination (8)
- Honesty is the best policy (8)
- Islam Related (8)
- Journey By Train (8)
- My Favorite Subject (8)
- Summer Vacation Essay (8)
- Time Management Essay (8)
- Essay on Winter (7)
- Good Manners (7)
- Holiday (7)
- Train accidents essay (7)
- imagination (7)
- my home (7)
- save water essay (7)
- Discipline (6)
- Journey By Bus (6)
- My Garden (6)
- custom and tradition (6)
- independence Day (6)
- Importance of (5)
- My village essay (5)
- Natural Disaster (5)
- Writing Skills (5)
- business and official letter (5)
- new year greetings (5)
- prime minister essay (5)
- reading (5)
- sign of humanity (5)
- wild animal (5)
- Flood essay (4)
- Jawaharlal Nehru essay (4)
- Letter to the editor (4)
- Mahatma Gandhi (4)
- My Hobby (4)
- New year message (4)
- Newspaper (4)
- Pointwise (4)
- Pollution (4)
- Presence of Mind (4)
- Raksha Bandhan Essay (4)
- Television (4)
- courtesy essay (4)
- happiness (4)
- incident of childhood (4)
- muslim-festivals (4)
- sport and game (4)
- 100 rupee note (3)
- Blessing or curse (3)
- Childhood (3)
- Global Warming (3)
- Income tax (3)
- Lokpal bill (3)
- My Self essay (3)
- Prophet Mohammad (3)
- Republic Day Essay (3)
- Taj Mahal Essay (3)
- Things I like Most (3)
- Vacation (3)
- cricket (3)
- government (3)
- journey to sea shore (3)
- morality (3)
- women empowerment (3)
- Cartoon Characters (2)
- Drug Abuse (2)
- Duty of Students (2)
- Earthquake Essay (2)
- Effective English Essay (2)
- Essay on Swimming (2)
- Farming Festival of India (2)
- Interview Tricks (2)
- Lion Essay (2)
- Morning Walk (2)
- My Country Essay Kids (2)
- My Daily Routine (2)
- National Flag (2)
- New Year Quotation (2)
- Patriotism (2)
- Pressure on today's students (2)
- Rainy Day essay (2)
- Success stories (2)
- What will you do (2)
- What will you do if your father give a 100 rupee note. (2)
- essay topics (2)
- essay words (2)
- internet (2)
- leisure (2)
- population (2)
- poverty (2)
- quotation (2)
- sea beach (2)
- short essay (2)
- students (2)
- worksheet (2)
- Acid Rain (1)
- English Expression (1)
- Gram Panchayat essay (1)
- Hill Station (1)
- Journey By Train Hindi (1)
- Jubilee (Jayanti) (1)
- My Favourite Cartoon (1)
- My Introduction (1)
- Neighbour (1)
- Photos Images (1)
- Pre-Historic Times (1)
- Rising in price in India (1)
- School Magazine (1)
- Teachers day (1)
- birthday (1)
- boating (1)
- co-deducation (1)
- handicapped (1)
- lotus flower (1)
- my wish (1)
- no pain no gain (1)
- rash driving (1)
- school bag (1)
- solo player (1)
- upto 100 Words (1)
- youth generation (1)
Short Paragraph on Animal Kingdom
The scientific name of Animals is “Animalia”. Thus, Kingdom Animalia is also refereed to as Animal Kingdom or Metazoa.
Animals are many celled motile organisms. They are divided into two major classes:
invertebrates and vertebrates. Invertebrate animals are those which do not have any backbone, e.g. earthworms, prawns, crabs, insects, snails, etc.
Both invertebrate and vertebrate animals are divided into smaller groups called phylum depending on the similarities.
Like plants, thousands of animals live on this earth which differs greatly in their sizes, forms, habits and habitats.
Essay on Lotus Flower (Indian Lotus, Sacred Lotus) – National Flower of India
Muhammad Shah | Nasir-ud-Din Muhammad Shah (Mughal Emperor)
Abraham Lincoln: From Humble Beginnings to Legendary Leadership
Vikram Sarabhai: The Visionary Behind India’s Space Program
Essay on Mahavir Jayanti for all Class in 100 to 500 Words in English
Essay on Indian Heritage for Students and Children
Essay on Gender Equality
Eassy on Good Habits
Eassy on saving for future
Essay – My Dream
Pencil: An Essay on Pencil
Short Essay on Pencil
Comments are closed.
Welcome, Login to your account.
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.
- Play & Activities
- Life Skills
- Learning & Education
- Play & Learning
- Growth & Development
- Rhymes & Songs
- Preschool Locator
How To Write An Essay On Lion For Kids – 10 Lines, Short and Long Essay
Key Points To Remember When Writing About Lion In An Essay For Lower Primary Classes
Appearance and behavioural traits of lion, essay in 10 lines about lion for kids, short essay on lion in english for kids, long essay on lion for children, interesting facts about lions for children, are lions an endangered species, what will your child learn from this essay.
Lions are the most iconic big cats in the animal kingdom. They are one of the first animals children learn about as they are easily recognisable. Mankind has always admired lions for their power, pride, and majestic looks. Because of the popularity of these animals, children are frequently asked to write about them in the form of essays in schools. We have put together these essays on lions for classes 1, 2 and 3, so the next time your child has to write about a lion in their test, they can quickly recall the facts and compose their own essay.
Remember these points before you start writing essays on lions:
- Memorise important facts about lions, such as their lifespan, physical attributes, running speed, and prey animals.
- When you write a paragraph on lions, add introductory and concluding lines to complete the essay.
- Ten-line essays can include basic facts about lions.
- Long paragraphs can go deeper into concepts such as their classification, pride characteristics, and the importance of conservation.
Here are a few interesting facts to know about these big cats of the forest. You can memorise these and use them in your essay.
- They are powerfully built and have the most iconic mane that distinguishes them from all other big cats.
- Only the males have a mane, and the females do not have as much hair on their head and neck.
- Lions are fast runners that can take down any animal in the jungle.
- They live and hunt in groups called pride.
- Like all other big cats, lions also have powerful jaws with sharp canine teeth.
- Their paws are padded with sharp retractable claws that can cause severe injury with a single hit.
- Lions roar to communicate with other lions and warn intruders. Their roar can be heard for several kilometres.
- Lions sleep and laze around for 16 to 20 hours a day.
- Each pride of lions consists of several females and a dominant male. In the wild, lions can live for 16 years, while in captivity, they only live for about 10 years.
An essay on lions for class 1 can be simple with basic ideas about lions. For class 2, the essay can include more facts to make it more informative. Here is an example of a 10-line essay on lions:
- The lion is an iconic animal that belongs to the cat family.
- Being one of the most powerful animals in the forest, it is feared by all animals.
- Lions are apex predators in the jungles, which earns them the title “King of the Jungle.”
- Lions have long hair covering their head and neck, called a mane.
- Lions sleep and laze around for most of their time during the day and usually hunt at night.
- Lions are social beings and live in groups called pride. There can be as many as ten lions in a pride.
- Lions are highly territorial animals that fiercely defend their land and cubs from other predators.
- Lions are wild animals, but they are also domesticated to be displayed in the circus. They are also kept as pets in some parts of the world.
- In the natural wild surroundings, lions are now only found in sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian state of Gujarat.
- Lions are majestic animals that symbolise power and pride.
Short essays on lions are often the topic assigned for tests and exams. Here is an example of how to write a short essay on lions:
Lions are animals that belong to the cat family. They are majestic and powerful creatures that are dominant predators of the jungle. Their body is designed to hide behind the tall grass and move stealthily to stalk and kill prey. The males have long and distinct facial hair called a mane, but the females do not have as much hair around their faces. Lions are highly social animals that live and hunt in groups called pride.
Lions often spend up to 20 hours a day sleeping to conserve energy and escape the heat of the sun. They hunt at night when it is easier to stalk and kill their prey. Lions have coordinated hunting strategies where every member of the pride takes their position to drive the prey into a trap. Lions are also very loving and nurturing animals towards their cubs. These animals have been a source of inspiration and awe for mankind for thousands of years.
Long essays on lions are often asked as part of assignments in schools. These essays can include plenty of facts about the animals. Here is an example of a long lion essay for class 3:
The Lion or Panthera Leo is a carnivorous animal that belongs to the cat family. They are found in sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian State of Gujarat, living freely in the jungles. The males and females are distinctly identifiable because of the thick hair around the neck of the males, called a mane.
Lions are the only social species among the big cats. They live in groups called a ‘pride’ consisting of several females and their cubs and a dominant male among other males. Lions are pack hunters and use clever strategies to corner and trap their prey. The females of the pride are the primary hunters, while the males assist only when required. The males are fiercely territorial and send out loud roars that can be heard up to 8 km away to ward off other males and predators. The males are significantly larger and more powerful than the females. The average male stands at 4 ft at the shoulder and weighs over 250 kg. The lionesses care for their cubs until they are able to fend for themselves.
While they were plentiful in number a few decades ago, lions have been victims of habitat destruction and poaching. Lions can live up to 16 to 20 years in the wild, while in captivity they only live to about 10 years. People most commonly see lions in zoos, circuses and wildlife safaris. Lion reserves in Africa, where some are bred for conservation, have shown promise in bringing back the declining lion population. We must learn about the effects of deforestation and poaching and work to prevent the killing of these beautiful animals.
Here are some interesting facts about these big cats:
- Lions can measure 8 ft long from head to tail and weigh up to 250 kg.
- Despite their heavy weight, lions can run up to 81 kmph!
- Hunting in a lion’s pride is mostly done by lionesses. The males usually protect the pride and join while hunting big game.
- Lions hunt other large animals such as zebras and wilder beasts. They also regularly attack elephants and giraffes.
- A male lion needs up to 7 kg of meat a day, while a female needs about 5 kg.
- Lions are the only ones among the feline species that are social beings.
- Lions spend most of the day sleeping to conserve energy and avoid exhaustion. They hunt at night when it’s cooler.
- As per estimates, there are about 20,000 lions in Africa, 650 Asiatic Lions in India, and about 200 lions in zoos around the world.
- Baby lions are called cubs.
- Lions, like all cats, are excellent tree climbers.
Yes, the population of lions stands only at around 20,000 individuals globally. They are endangered animals that are hunted for their skin, teeth, and bones. As their population declines, their body parts become more valuable, driving the incentive to poach the remaining individuals. In the Gir Forest in India, there are only about 650 Asiatic Lions surviving in the wild. These lions are also at risk from poachers who hunt them for their body parts that are used in medicines. Encroachment of forests and contact with humans also escalates tensions between the two leading to the killing of lions in villages.
From the examples given in this article, your child will easily tackle an assignment such as an essay on lions. From the sample essays above, they can pick up important facts about lions and learn how to organise them for their own essay. Essay writing is an important activity for children to learn how to read and write clearly. These essays will help students learn the fundamentals of essay writing.
Lions are magnificent creatures that are admired by all people around the world. Children need to learn about lions so they are aware of the importance of these wild animals and understand the need for conservation. From the examples above, they will also learn how to write their own essays on lions.
Essay On Tiger for Class 1, 2 and 3 Kids Essay On The Elephant for Lower Primary Classes How to Write An Essay on Camel for Class 1, 2 & 3 Kids
- Essays for Class 1
- Essays for Class 2
- Essays for Class 3
15 Indoor Toys That Have Multiple Uses And Benefits
Best toys and books every child needs to make playtime purposeful, peter pan story for kids, leave a reply cancel reply.
Log in to leave a comment
7 best toys for toddlers reviewed, the best toys for 12-month-old baby development, recent comments.
FirstCry Intelli Education is an Early Learning brand, with products and services designed by educators with decades of experience, to equip children with skills that will help them succeed in the world of tomorrow.
Story Related Activities Designed to Bring the Story to Life and Create Fun Memories.
Online Preschool is the Only Way Your Child's Learning Can Continue This Year, Don't Wait Any Longer - Get Started!
©2021 All rights reserved
Welcome to the world of intelli!
FREE guides and worksheets coming your way on whatsapp. Subscribe Below !!
Free guides and worksheets coming you way.