comparison & contrast paragraph
More Related Content
What's hot ( 20 )
Viewers also liked
Viewers also liked ( 9 )
Similar to comparison & contrast paragraph
Similar to comparison & contrast paragraph ( 20 )
More from Guler Ekincier
More from Guler Ekincier ( 13 )
Recently uploaded ( 20 )
- 1. UNIT-9: COMPARISON & CONTRAST PARAGRAPH
- 2. Do I want this car … ? … or do I want that other car?
- 3. Do I want this guy … ? … or do I want that guy?
- 4. Do I want to visit Egypt on my next vacation … ? … or do I want to go to Las Vegas?
- 5. Do I want to eat something healthy … ? … or do I want something bad?
- 7. NOW LET’S TEST YOUR UNDERSTANDİNG . . .
- 8. A BABY A VACUUM CLEANER
- 16. The following words can help you to write a good compare and contrast paragraph:
- 17. SIMILARITIES similar to Example: Spring weather in Denizli is similar to spring weather in İzmir . both Example: Both Denizli and İzmir have rain in the spring. also Example: Denizli also has a rainy spring season . too Example: İzmir has a rainy spring season, too . as well Example: As well , İzmir has rainy spring season.
- 18. DIFFERENCES on the other hand Example: On the other hand , winter is much colder in Denizli . however Example: However , winter is much colder in Denizli . but Example: İzmir has a mild winter, but Denizli has a cold one. in contrast to Example: In contrast to İzmir , Denizli has a cold winter. differs from Example: Denizli differs from İzmir by having a cold winter. while Example: While İzmir has a mild winter, Denizli has a cold winter.
- 19. Decide in which method the paragraphs below are written. While İstanbul and Muğla are both big cities, they differ from each other in many ways. To start with, İstanbul is filled with industries, buildings, roads, and lots of people. The time it takes you to get from one place to another shows us how big it has become. Moreover, İstanbul has become a city in which its people are usually in a hurry and have a lot of things to do throughout the day. This can be seen by the amount of traffic in the city. Also, in İstanbul you can find all sorts of things to do like shopping in plazas, going to the discos or bars at nights, going to the movies, etc. On the other hand , Muğla still looks like a small town in which most of its people know each other although the city has grown a lot in the last years. What is more, Muğla still remains quite a calm city where most people walk and take their time. Additionally, in Muğla, there are places mostly to drink a coffee and chat, historical places to visit, and many places with beautiful architecture. To sum up, although these two cities seem to be similar, they are in fact different from each other
- 20. There are three main differences between eating fresh food and canned food. The most notable difference between these two kinds of foods is their flavor. Fresh food ha s great flavor and taste because it keep s all their natural conditions. Canned food , however, lack s a lot of its flavor characteristics because there are some other chemical products added to the natural foods. Secondly, t here is a health factor that affects both of them. Canned food is unhealthy because in order to keep the shelf life for longer times it is tinned with many conservatives and chemical factors . On the other hand , fresh food does not include any chemicals, so it is healtier. Another difference between these two types of foods is the cost. Canned food is much more expensive than fresh food. In conclusion, before eating, choose the best type of food for your convenience and lifestyle.
- R = 102, G = 0, B = 102
- Even though my little brother is 15 years my junior, he and I have much in common.