How to Double Space Your Paper
Steve Debenport / Getty Images
- Homework Tips
- Learning Styles & Skills
- Study Methods
- Time Management
- Private School
- College Admissions
- College Life
- Graduate School
- Business School
- Distance Learning
- M.Ed., Education Administration, University of Georgia
- B.A., History, Armstrong State University
Double spacing refers to the amount of space that shows between the individual lines of your paper. When a paper is single-spaced, there is very little white space between the typed lines, which means there is no room for marks or comments. This is precisely why teachers ask you to double space. The white space between the lines leaves room for editing marks and comments.
Double spacing is the norm for essay assignments, so if you are in doubt about expectations, you should format your paper with double spacing. Only use a single space if the teacher asks explicitly for it.
Don't worry if you've already typed your paper and you now realize that your spacing is wrong. You can change spacing and other types of formatting easily and at any time in the writing process. But the way to go about these changes will differ, depending on the word processing program you're using.
If you are working in Microsoft Word 2010, you should follow these steps to set up double-spacing.
- Select (highlight) text if you have already typed some lines. If not, go to the next step.
- Click on the Page Layout tab.
- Go to the Paragraph section. You will see a small arrow in the bottom left corner.
- Click on the arrow to bring up a new window.
- Select the Indents and Spacing tab (it is probably already open).
- Find the Line spacing menu and select double from the list. Then select OK .
Other versions of Microsoft Word will use a similar process and the same wording.
If you're using the Pages word processor on a mac, you can double-space your paper following these instructions:
- First highlight text, if you have already typed some lines
- Click on Inspector , which is a blue button on the top right of your window
- When a new window opens, select the Text tab which is a large "T"
- Find the section labeled Spacing and type 2 into the box to the right of the slide bar
- Tips for Typing an Academic Paper on a Computer
- Should an Application Essay Be Single-Spaced or Double-Spaced?
- How to Remove Extra Spaces Between Paragraphs & Sentences
- Formatting Papers in Chicago Style
- MLA Sample Pages
- Title Page Examples and Formats
- How to Outline and Organize an Essay
- Definition and Examples of Spacing in Composition
- Preventing and Recovering Lost Documents
- Desktop Publishing Process Overview
- What Is a Bibliography?
- The Fundamentals of Writing an Inquiry Business Letter
- The Element of Space in Artistic Media
- Research Note Cards
- Lining Up Dots in a Table of Contents
- Brainstorming Techniques for Students
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
How to Write a Double-Spaced Essay and Score an A for it
Many guidelines for formatting essays, as presented in rubrics, recommend double-spacing as one of the proper formats for standard comprehensive essays . For instance, when you receive the assignment instructions, essay prompts, or other academic homework assignment instructions, the Spacing of the work is usually specified.
The common spacing specifications include a 1.5 spaced essay, single-spaced essay, and a double-spaced or 2.0 spaced essay. In most cases, instructors will insist that your essay must be typed and double-spaced on standard-sized 8.5" by 11" paper, with margins of 1" on all sides.
In this detailed guide, we focus on the definition of a double-spaced essay, how to double-space an essay on MS Word or Mac Pages, and how to spice up that essay so that you score higher marks.
What is a double-spaced essay?
Here is the meaning of a double-spaced essay : A double-spaced essay is a standard essay written on a standard-sized (8.5" x 11") paper with a one-inch margin around the paper formatted with double spaces between the lines that make a paragraph with no extra spacing between paragraphs.
In terms of word count, a double-spaced essay contains either 275 or 300 words in total per page, depending on the font used. Formatting a paper in double-spacing makes it easier for the tutor to read through the essay, make corrections within the left spaces, and follow through with ideas in your essay.
The number of words in a double-spacing essay also depends on the page margins you have set for your text. For instance, if you use A-4 sized page, an essay will have fewer words, the same as an A3 page. However, a standard-sized age with one-inch margins all around should have 275 words as a standard.
With short essays being between 250 words and 1000 words, with the most common in college being a 500-word essay, you can write as many words as you wish depending on the scope of the question, essay prompt, and the topic.
In most instances, students are advised to use font 12 points of 11 depending on the font type you are using. Failure to format your essay in the required Spacing might lead to penalties ranging from deduction of grades to poor grades.
As you set out to write or edit your essay, ensure that you choose a font that your professor advises. But this should only be the last thing you do as you polish your essay. For instance, some students find it comfortable writing with a given font, say Arial font 13, and then converting to Times New Roman font 12 when editing.
What is the significance of Double Spacing in essays and assignments?
You are probably wondering why we double-space essays or why it is the preferred standard for essays you write in high school and college. Below are some of the top three reasons why teachers want essays to be double-spaced.
- Double-spacing makes it easier to read through the document quickly as the lines do not blur together.
- Double-spaced essays are also reader-friendly. A reader can easily read and trace the points in your essay without needing extra aids or larger fonts.
- Double-spaced essays or assignments are also preferred because they leave whitespaces where the instructors can write comments on the paper.
- Another reason is that double-spaced essays give you (the essayist) enough room to communicate to your readers. The Spacing enhances the spatial mode of the essay or paper, making it easier to spot main points, read without getting lost or straying into other lines, and use one's fingers.
Double-Spacing vs. Other tyles of Spacing for Essays
When writing an essay, report, dissertation, annotated bibliography, or research paper for school, you should be aware of the type of Spacing required. There are three types of Spacing for school assignments: single, 1.5, and double Spacing.
A double-spaced paper or document, which is the most common, entails creating 2.0 spaces between lines in a paragraph without spaces between paragraphs. Double-spacing is a norm of most college assignments; even dissertations and theses are mostly double-spaced.
A 1.5 spaced essay or document means that the lines or sentences in a paragraph are spaced 1.5 mm from one another without spaces between paragraphs.
Finally, a single-spaced paper has little white spaces between the typed lines in the paragraphs. The lines within the paragraph are spaced 1.0 from one another. This means that there is little room for comments, remarks, or feedback from the professor. You should only use single and 1.5 spacing if your instructor advises so.
If you have typed your paper and realize that you have the wrong spacing, do not worry. You can do the Spacing of an essay or document either on a word document or on a Mac, as we shall explain shortly. The good news is that you can do this at any point in your writing process. The process will differ depending on the program you are using. Let's explore widely.
If you are wondering what a double-spaced essay looks like, have a look below.
Here is how single Spacing should look like in an essay:
Pages vs. Spacing Chart
To try to bring things to their perspective, here is a table comparing word count to Spacing. It can help you plan your essays.
You can simply conclude from the table abov e that a single-spaced page has the exact word count as twice a double-spaced paper.
How to set Double-Spacing on your Computer
Some people prefer to use other font styles and formats when writing, then edit the entire document to the required format and Spacing later, which is okay. Others like to keep everything organized from the beginning, which means setting double-spacing from the onset. Whether on Mac Page's word processor or MS word processor, here are some steps to take.
Pages on a Mac
If you are using a Page's word processor on a mac, you can follow these steps to double-space your paper:
- Highlight the text that you wish to double-space
- Click on Inspector, a blue button on the top right of your window
- In the new window, select the Text tab or the "T."
- Find the section labeled Spacing and type 2 into the box to the right of the slide bar.
On Microsoft Word Processor
If you are typing your assignment on a word document, follow the following steps to double-space it:
1. Select the text that you wish to change its Spacing
2. Under the Home tab , go to the Paragraph Click on the small arrow in the bottom left corner, as shown below.
3. A new window will pop up with various settings, including general, indentation, and Spacing, as shown in the figure below.
4. Click on the line spacing drop-down arrow
5. Select " Double " from the list
6. Check the " Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style ."
7. Press OK to execute the changes and save
The process is more or less the same for all Microsoft word processing versions.
You can also adjust the line-spacing from the toolbar on your Microsoft word processor . This is probably the best way if you are one of those that want a page with double-spacing from the onset.
1. Under the Paragraph section of the Home Tab , locate the line-spacing button .
2. Click on the button to expand it as shown below.
3. Choose 2 . 0 for double-spacing , 1.5 for 1.5 line-spacing, and 1.0 for single spacing.
4. Click on OK to make the paper double-spaced.
How to Write a Double-Spaced Essay: 9 Steps to Take
Suppose you are assigned to write a double-spacing essay and you are wondering how to proceed, here is a little cheat sheet to keep you going. We asked our top essay writers and here were their exact recommendations; they can help you craft a double-spaced essay or assignment.
1. Read the essay prompt
The first thing you should always do when assigned to write a double-spaced essay is to thoroughly read the assignment prompt. It helps you unpack the question, brainstorm on a good topic, and pick the best topic for your essay. additionally, you also get to understand the Spacing, font type and size, and length/wordcount of your essay. It is an integral step in writing an essay.
2. Select a good essay topic
After reading the instructions, you need to rewrite the question on your own terms, conduct some research, evaluate the viable topics, then choose a hot topic for your essay. depending on your area of study, select a topic that is neither too narrow nor too broad. Go with a topic that is easy to find resources and one that you have genuine interest in writing a paper. If you are left with the option of selecting a topic on your own, select a topic that is relevant to the subject of study.
3. Use appropriate evidence
We cannot insist less how much it is important to cite all the sources that you use in an essay. First, failure to cite sources used in an essay could amount to plagiarism, which is a punishable offense in higher education and even professional realms. Therefore, you need to manage your in-text citations and reference list to ensure that your paper has some scholarly rigor. Citing facts paraphrased, quoted, or summarized from a source bolsters the arguments in the paragraphs of your essay. It brings in a string of a scholarly streak that makes the paper flow, make sense, and support your thesis statement.
4. Present your facts well
When planning for your essay or writing an essay outline/structure, you ought to have thought of the scaffolding of your essay. An essay scaffold refers to the order in which you present your arguments, themes, or texts in an essay. Have some semblance of organization in your essay. As an essayist, ensure that you substantiate your claims using proper evidence.
Instead of casually presenting an idea because you do not believe in it, use the available empirical evidence to make the essay even more desirable. It is also appropriate not to jump into unwarranted or unsupported conclusions.
If you do so, let it be on grounds of the evidence presented to support your thesis statement. Equally, your essay must always address the readers, so focus on what would interest them. From the title to the reference page, ensure that your readers are well-entertained and hooked.
5. Have a good essay structure
Apart from determining the order of argument, ensure that your essay is also well-structured. A comprehensive essay with a definite structure intrigues the readers. It also simplifies the writing process because everything falls into its rightful place.
You will have a laser-sharp focus on a structured essay than an essay you write haphazardly. Such an essay (a poorly-planned essay) will probably miss a thing or two. But when you have an essay outline , your chances of intriguing your readers increased. In short, a well-structured essay is reader-friendly.
Instead of beginning with the introduction, like anyone else, why not begin with the body paragraphs. Because you have a preliminary thesis, your body paragraphs can be developed without the introduction.
You can then finalize the writing process by tweaking the thesis into a final thesis, based on the arguments on the body paragraphs, and then writing a catchy introduction.
When you have your introduction, you can now finalize the writing process by writing an equally catchy conclusion that leaves your readers yearning for more.
As long as you maintain the standard format of a three-paragraph or a five-paragraph essay, whichever order you use to write does not matter provided the quality of the essay is met.
Choose the essay scaffold depending on the type of essay you are writing. For instance, you can use Toulmin, classic argument method, or Rogerian approach when writing an argumentative essay . similarly, you can choose to use chronology or point-by-point contrast when writing a classification or compare and contrast essay .
6. Use simple vocabulary
When writing any essay, it is not the chance to measure who knows what vocabulary. Instead, it is a chance to present facts from research to reinforce your ideas and thoughts on a given topic. Resist the temptation of using tough words to impress your teacher. Simplicity always wins when it comes to essay writing. Write in plain and simple language.
Use the ordinary words that makes it easier for your instructor to read and flow with your ideas. They never have the time to peruse a thesaurus, and even if they do, you would probably irritate their appetite leading to poor grades.
Use simple common words to communicate with the audience. Most engaging and top-grade essays are written in simple language. Students who write simple papers end up scoring better, as long as the facts are presented, flowing, and well organized.
7. Use short and long sentences
Every piece of assignment you write is meant to impress your readers. Using short sentences and long sentences blended together makes an essay readable. Short sentences are brief, easy to understand, and allow for easier navigation.
Although sometimes it is tempting to use complex sentences, they are counted as run-on or ambiguous sentences. When writing, this should not trouble you. However, when editing the paper, shorten the long sentences that have empty but complex vocabularies. It narrows down to simplicity again.
All our writers are better because they have mastered the art of balancing short and long sentences. With such a craft, you can convince even the toughest professor on earth for the best grades.
Brevity, coherence, accuracy, composition, and clarity comes from a mastery of how to use short sentences. So, try to practice often and use this approach for success in your essays.
8. Balance your paragraphs
To achieve a perfect paragraph in an essay is akin to getting an A+. It is not hard although it is something that most people struggle with.
Ensure that your topic sentences achieve cohesion and coherence. Cohesion means a good flow while coherence means achieving a sense of the whole. Your paragraphs should transition into one another.
Each paragraph should present a single idea linked to the order. Check out our guide on the PEEL paragraphing format . We also have a checklist for a good essay paragraph . A paragraph is an indispensable or irreplaceable node within a coherent sequence of logic. They are the building blocks of the essays. So, make them count.
Finally, your paragraphs need to be balanced in terms of number of words. Remember, by default the body paragraphs comprise 80% of the entire word count. This means that if you are writing a five-paragraph essay, the three body paragraphs should be spread to cover for the same.
9. Edit and format correctly
The writing process is no doubt the hardest part. Since it comes with researching, reading, and critical thinking, by the time you are done chances are that you are exhausted and probably fatigued. If you make the mistake of rushing directly to edit and format the paper, you'll probably make mistakes. It is the sole reason why it is good to plan an essay � allocate some good time for editing and polishing the essay or any assignment for that matter.
Now, when you're done with writing, take some much-deserved break. You can go for a walk, have a nap, watch your favorite show, activate your social media and plug back, or visit a friend, whatever will ease your mind.
After the rest, spend some quality time objectively reading, editing, and formatting your essay. focus on spelling, grammar, stylistic, and organization mistakes. You should also check the right Spacing, fonts, and font type. If you find the process consuming and tiresome, you can use our essay editing service. We have keen editors who can always help.
After everything is okay, check your paper for plagiarism, and submit it before the deadline.
To this end, you now understand what a double-spaced essay is, how to set double Spacing on your Computer, and how to make a double-spacing interesting enough to earn you a better grade.
Whether you are writing in MLA, Harvard, APA , or Chicago, the process remains the same. If you need tips on how to make an essay longer , check out our guide on the same. We also have various guides that can help you become a better essay writer.
Related: How to indent in an essay or paper.
Otherwise, if all you need is someone who can assist you with writing a well-researched, refined, and polished school essay, we have excellent and talented writers on the wait. Place an order through the form on our homepage and experience a perfect essay help you have never seen before.
English Composition 1
The proper format for essays.
Below are guidelines for the formatting of essays based on recommendations from the MLA (the Modern Language Association).
- Fonts : Your essay should be word processed in 12-point Times New Roman fonts.
- Double space : Your entire essay should be double spaced, with no single spacing anywhere and no extra spacing anywhere. There should not be extra spaces between paragraphs.
- Heading : In the upper left corner of the first page of your essay, you should type your name, the instructor's name, your class, and the date, as follows: Your Name Mr. Rambo ENG 1001-100 18 January 2022
- Margins : According to the MLA, your essay should have a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, left, and right.
- Page Numbers : Your last name and the page number should appear in the upper right corner of each page of your essay, including the first page, as in Jones 3 . Insert your name and the page number as a "header." Do not type this information where the text of your essay should be.
- Title : Your essay should include a title. The title should be centered and should appear under the heading information on the first page and above the first line of your essay. The title should be in the same fonts as the rest of your essay, with no quotation marks, no underlining, no italics, and no bold.
- Indentation : The first line of each paragraph should be indented. According to the MLA, this indentation should be 1/2 inch or five spaces, but pressing [Tab] once should give you the correct indentation.
Putting all of the above together, you should have a first page that looks like the following:
Copyright Randy Rambo , 2022.
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Computers and Electronics
- Basic Computer Skills
How to Double Space
Last Updated: September 22, 2023
wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 174,583 times. Learn more...
Whether you are writing an essay for school or a narrative report for work, you have to choose line spacing for any written work. Most people prefer to write with a double space between lines, because it makes it easier for the reader to follow the flow of the text. How you format your spacing depends on the word processing program you are using. Double space your work by setting up the right parameters for either an entire document or a selected amount of text.
Double Spacing in Microsoft Word
- Look in the Styles group on the toolbar. On the home tab, right-click on Normal. Once a menu pops up, click on Modify.
- Look for the Formatting prompt and click the Double Space button.
- Click OK. This will set your entire document in a double space format.
- Highlight the text you want to double space.
- Click on Line and Paragraph Spacing, which can be found in the Paragraph group of the Home tab.
- Click on the 2.0 option. This will double space the area of the document you have highlighted.
Double Spacing in WordPerfect Programs
- Place your cursor on the very top of the page if you want the entire document to be double spaced. Everything will be double spaced until you reset it to something else, such as 1.0 for single spacing.
Double Spacing in Google Docs
- Click on Create New if you are starting a new document and you want to use double spacing.
- Choose the last option, or 2.0. This is the value for double spacing.
- Read instructions on double spacing for other word processing programs that are not in the Word, Wordperfect or Google families. Searching within the Help menu of most programs will provide instructions. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
You Might Also Like
About This Article
- Send fan mail to authors
Is this article up to date?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Level up your tech skills and stay ahead of the curve
- Write an equation or formula Article
- Indent the first line of a paragraph Article
- Double-space the lines in a document Article
- Create a bibliography, citations, and references Article
- Insert footnotes and endnotes Article
Double-space the lines in a document
You can double-space all or part of a Word document.
To double-space the whole document, go to Design > Paragraph Spacing , and choose Double .
Important: Office 2010 is no longer supported . Upgrade to Microsoft 365 to work anywhere from any device and continue to receive support. Upgrade now
Double-space the entire document
On the Home tab, in the Styles group, right-click Normal , and then click Modify .
Under Formatting , click the Double Space button, and then click OK.
Formatting for the entire document changes to double spacing.
Double-space the selected text
Select the text that you want to change.
Click 2.0 .
Single-space the lines in a document
Need more help?
Want more options.
Explore subscription benefits, browse training courses, learn how to secure your device, and more.
Microsoft 365 subscription benefits
Microsoft 365 training
Communities help you ask and answer questions, give feedback, and hear from experts with rich knowledge.
Ask the Microsoft Community
Microsoft Tech Community
Microsoft 365 Insiders
Was this information helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Double space may refer to any of the following:
1. In text formatting, a double space means sentences contain a full blank line (the equivalent of the full height of a line of text) between the rows of words. By default, most programs have single spacing enabled, a slight space between each line of text, similar to how this paragraph looks.
Most word processors allow for custom spacing, including the ability to automatically double space a document. For example, when a teacher wants an essay double spaced, you'll need to adjust your spacing settings, so the text in the essay is double spaced. For programs that do not allow for spacing to be adjusted (e.g., text editors ), you can press Enter twice to create a blank line between a line of text. However, realize that when you do this word wrapping doesn't work, and the format may appear different when printed or viewed on a different sized window.
Example of double spacing
Example of single spacing.
Use Ctrl + 1 to single space, Ctrl + 2 to double space, or Ctrl + 5 to set the spacing to 1.5 line spacing on any line, paragraph, or all highlighted text.
It means to add an extra blank line in between lines of text...
It means when your writing an essay or something Their has to be a certain amount of space between the lines and they have a feature on docs to double space your text
A Guide to Double Spaced Essay (Process, Significance, Tips)
Table Of Contents
What is a double-spaced essay, what is the significance of double spacing, how to write a double spaced essay effectively, 4 tips to spice up your double spaced essay, still confused hire assignment desk writers.
There are several essays you might have heard and worked on, but a double spaced essay is one on which you might not get the proper information. While researching, you would not have gotten all your answers because it is one of the rarest types you come across. Thus, before writing, it is crucial to have in-depth knowledge of this type so that you do not make mistakes in the writing part. Thus, to give you a clear picture, this blog talks in detail about every element of it. So, without any delay, move forward and resolve all your doubts instantly.
What is double spacing in an essay is a common question among students. Thus, clarify all your doubts with us. A double-spaced essay contains a one-inch gap between lines. All you have to do is enter twice to create a space between the lines of the document. Depending on the font, it will usually contain 275 to 300 words per page. The standard font size for a double-spaced essay is 12 points. Also, it is mandatory to read the instructions of your university carefully if you do not want to mess up your grades. The standard size of the paper on which it is written is 8.5 x 11 with a margin of 1 inch from all sides. Now that you are all well-versed in the definition, know its significance. There might be several reasons why professors want you to write a double-spaced essay ; thus, try to understand its importance.
Need Personalised Assistance from Our Experts?
Share Your Requirements via Whatsapp!
There are numerous advantages to double spacing in an essay ; have a look at some of them.
Easy to Spot Significant Pointers
It is obvious when sentences have a gap in between; it makes the text easy to understand. Thus, it becomes easy for you and any other person to spot the essential information in the essay.
A Proper Feedback from Professor
Professors always want to give proper feedback on your write-up. It is entirely possible with the double-spaced essay because of the adequate gap they provide in their suggestions.
Gives a Profession Touch
Too much information in a write-up confuses the reader. They do not get an idea from where to start and end. Thus, the double-spaced essay makes this task easy. The information is scattered and gives a professional touch to your write-up.
Eliminates the Scope of Errors
You can commit many mistakes in the editing and proofreading stages. But when you take an overview of double-spaced pages, it becomes easy to spot such errors and correct them then and there.
These pointers clearly indicate the advantages of writing a double spaced essay. But it is essential to know how to write it. Otherwise, you will not be able to score as per your expectations. The pointers will guide you in the right direction and tell you how to deal with double spaced essay effectively.
Have you been surfing for how to write a double spaced essay but have not gotten the correct information yet? If yes, you will get all your answers in this section. So without any delay, you should move forward and learn more about it.
Choose an Appropriate Topic
Even while writing a short essay , you should focus on choosing the right issue. The better the subject matter you choose, the better your chances of scoring A+ grades. Also, one thing to remember here is to select a topic that grabs your attention. Picking such an issue will motivate you to write further, and you will not get bored with the research and writing part.
Include Valid Evidence
After you finalise the topic for a double spaced essay , it is essential to make it eye-catching. Until and unless you do not include justifiable arguments, your essay will not stand out from others. Thus, try to insert your opinions in such a way that they persuade the reader to ponder over your viewpoint and take action towards it.
Follow a Proper Structure
Preparing a rough draft and deciding which arguments to include is not enough. There should be a proper hierarchy of thoughts. It means you should aim to put those arguments first, which are of utmost importance. Stating the affair of less significance at the start will not make your essay convincing. Thus, frame a structure beforehand for better results. Or, for better results, you can use the essay typer tool , which provides the entire document.
Conclude It Well
The conclusion is the summary of your double spaced essay. The more action-oriented it is, the better your chances of scoring. Thus, try to write your ending in a persuading way that compels the reader to change their perspective even after reading the opposite side of the topic.
Last but not least, format your write-up according to university guidelines and norms. This aspect of essay writing looks negligible but holds equal significance as compared to other factors. It gives a professional touch to your write-up and even leaves an ever-lasting impression on the professor.
So this is the step-by-step approach you can follow to write your double spaced essay. But while framing double spaced pages there are many mistakes you can commit and even not realise. Worry not; you will get a glimpse of such errors with tips to correct them when you continue to read.
Need Help With Essay Writing?
Get Custom Essay Written by a Professional Writer on any for TOPIC.
Although a double-spaced essay is similar to other essays, excluding the spacing factor, it is essential to follow the right path. Here are some free tips you should implement while working on such an essay: Adhering to them reduces the scope of a point deduction.
1. Use Short and Long Sentences
There are times when you can not express any point in limited words. In such a scenario, it becomes mandatory to use long sentences. Thus, while working on a double spaced essay, try to maintain a balance between both. Or if you are unable to provide crisp content, it would be better to seek essay writing service . The experts know the tips and tricks to maintain the ideal length.
2. Use Ordinary Words
It is not wrong to use heavy and fancy words in your double-spaced essay, but as the words become limited in each line, it is preferable to use simpler terms. Also, one point to remember while writing double spaced essay is that you should understand the motive behind your writing. If stating the information in simple words is possible, it is advisable to use lay man terms for better understanding.
3. Pick Trending Topics
Like other essays, your goal should be to deliver an impressive document. It is only possible when you write on current topics. It provokes the reader to read the entire text because there is little information available. But do not take advantage of it by including unnecessary information. You should study first and then draft your paper.
4. Deliver Relevant Essay
There are times when the content does not match the question asked in the double spaced essay. It is wrong to practice when the theme does not match the headings of the essay. Thus, you should aim to answer whatever is asked and eliminate extra information from the content.
These are some tips that will undoubtedly help you deliver a top-notch assignment. Still, if you feel panicked about curating a document according to the professor’s requirements, it is better to pay for essay to Assignment Desk professionals. To know how we, as a team, work, continue reading!
We hope that you get all your answers regarding the double spaced essay. Though these tips can help you, there are times when you need professional help. The reason can be either difficulty in topic selection or the writing part, so you should take assistance from the best in the UK, which is Assignment Desk. Our experts have keen knowledge about every essay type, including PEEL paragraphing , and construct it in a manner that helps you score A+ grades.
Seeking help from us will provide you with fruitful advantages in every manner. The cherry on the cake is that our assignment writers are available around the clock, which means you can ask your query any time and get it resolved. Thus, look no further than us if you desire top-notch quality at an affordable price. Hire our writers to see a remarkable change in your academic journey.
- Assignment Writing Service
- Essay Writing Help
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Coursework Writing Service
- Proofreading & Editing Service
- Online Exam Help
- Term paper writing service
- Ghost Writing Service
- Case Study Writing Service
- Research Paper Writing Service
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Resume Writing Service
- Report Writing Service
To Make Your Work Original
Check your work against paraphrasing & get a free Plagiarism report!
Check your work against plagiarism & get a free Plagiarism report!
Quick and Simple Tool to Generate Dissertation Outline Instantly
Get citations & references in your document in the desired style!
Make your content free of errors in just a few clicks for free!
Generate plagiarism-free essays as per your topic’s requirement!
Generate a Compelling Thesis Statement and Impress Your Professor
- Topic Creation USD 4.04 FREE
- Outline USD 9.75 FREE
- Unlimited Revisions USD 21.6 FREE
- Editing/Proofreading USD 29.26 FREE
- Formatting USD 8.36 FREE
- Bibliography USD 7.66 FREE
Get all these features for
USD 84.3 FREE
RELATED ESSAY BLOGS
How to Write a Law Essay - A Complete Guide
How to Write an Analytical Essay Smoothly?
A Complete Guide on How to Write a Synthesis Essay
How to Construct an Essay Plan to Make it Look Organized?
How to Write an Academic Essay: A Practical Guide
How to Write the Best National Honor Society Essay effectively?
Professional assignment writers.
Choose a writer for your task among hundreds of professionals
Please rotate your device
We don't support landscape mode yet. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience
Calculate the Price
Professional Academic Help at Pocket-Friendly Prices!