Home — Essay Samples — Social Issues — Violence in Video Games — Advantages And Disadvantages Of Video Games Essay
Advantages and Disadvantages of Video Games
- Categories: Video Games Violence in Video Games
About this sample
Words: 1148 |
Published: Feb 9, 2022
Words: 1148 | Pages: 2 | 6 min read
Table of contents
Introduction, video games: advantages and disadvantages, works cited.
- Bavelier, D., Green, C. S., & Seitz, A. R. (2013). Learning through action video games. Nature, 12, 135-138.
- Chang, Y. C., & Huang, Y. M. (2015). Learning by playing: A cross-sectional descriptive study of nursing students’ knowledge acquisition in digital and non-digital games. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 18(1), 128-140.
- Ferguson, C. J. (2015). Do angry birds make for angry children? A meta-analysis of video game influences on children's and adolescents' aggression, mental health, prosocial behavior, and academic performance. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 10(5), 646-666.
- Gentile, D. A., Anderson, C. A., Yukawa, S., Ihori, N., Saleem, M., Ming, L. K., . . . Sakamoto, A. (2009). The effects of prosocial video games on prosocial behaviors: International evidence from correlational, longitudinal, and experimental studies. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 35(6), 752-763.
- Granic, I., Lobel, A., & Engels, R. C. M. E. (2014). The benefits of playing video games. American Psychologist, 69(1), 66-78.
- Hilgard, J., Engelhardt, C. R., & Rouder, J. N. (2017). Overstated evidence for short-term effects of violent games on affect and behavior: A reanalysis of Anderson et al. (2010). Psychological Bulletin, 143(7), 757-774.
- McGonigal, J. (2011). Reality is broken: Why games make us better and how they can change the world. Penguin.
- Russoniello, C. V., O’Brien, K., & Parks, J. M. (2009). The effectiveness of casual video games in improving mood and decreasing stress. Journal of Cybertherapy and Rehabilitation, 2(1), 53-66.
- Subramanian, V. (2018). Digital game-based learning: A review of the effectiveness of educational games. In T. Reiners, & L. C. Wood (Eds.), Gamification in education and business (pp. 43-73). Springer International Publishing.
- Vandewater, E. A., Shim, M. S., & Caplovitz, A. G. (2004). Linking obesity and activity level with children's television and video game use. Journal of Adolescent, 27(1), 71-85.
Cite this Essay
Let us write you an essay from scratch
- 450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help
- Custom essay delivered in as few as 3 hours
Get high-quality help
Prof Ernest (PhD)
- Expert in: Entertainment Social Issues
+ 120 experts online
No need to pay just yet!
2 pages / 1133 words
1 pages / 482 words
2 pages / 797 words
1 pages / 616 words
Remember! This is just a sample.
You can get your custom paper by one of our expert writers.
121 writers online
Still can’t find what you need?
Browse our vast selection of original essay samples, each expertly formatted and styled
Related Essays on Violence in Video Games
The notion that video games cause violence has been a topic of debate and concern for many years. However, a wealth of research challenges this belief, suggesting that the relationship between video games and violent behavior is [...]
If you do not stop now, your kids will become highly addicted and hard to pull away from the screen. Fortnite is a video game with fun colors, with players all around the world. It is free, and you can play anywhere, and this [...]
With video games becoming increasingly violent throughout the years, the controversy of whether or not they cause children to become more violent has increased as well, however this statement has yet to be proven. Many people [...]
One of the ideas that the twenty-first century has brought to us is a new form of play and how often we as individuals associate it with technology. But why do we associate it with technology and what is that reason? Our [...]
The debate surrounding the influence of video games on real-life violence has sparked intense discussions among researchers, policymakers, and the general public. In this essay, we delve into the intricate relationship between [...]
This essay is meant to give the reader insight and talk about a certain position on a highly public and controversial topic, that topic being whether or not video games cause violence in people. Across the world, there are video [...]
By clicking “Send”, you agree to our Terms of service and Privacy statement . We will occasionally send you account related emails.
Where do you want us to send this sample?
Be careful. This essay is not unique
This essay was donated by a student and is likely to have been used and submitted before
Download this Sample
Free samples may contain mistakes and not unique parts
Sorry, we could not paraphrase this essay. Our professional writers can rewrite it and get you a unique paper.
Please check your inbox.
We can write you a custom essay that will follow your exact instructions and meet the deadlines. Let's fix your grades together!
Get Your Personalized Essay in 3 Hours or Less!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
- Advantages and disadvantages of playing video games
- Topics >>
- Civil Services >>
- Social Essays for Competitive Exams -04/04/14
- « Previous
- Next »
- RE: Advantages and disadvantages of playing video games -Jack McClain (04/07/17)
- I think ANY video games are good in their own way.
- RE: Advantages and disadvantages of playing video games -Rina (12/31/16)
- RE: Advantages and disadvantages of playing video games -Francis James (11/15/15)
- Very informative article. I was having a paper presentation at NIT and this helped me a lot. One thing I am still confused is about the health issues mentioned here http://goo.gl/GS03aJ I am not sure if its valid. I have also heard news that people who game continuously tends to have higher chances of heart attacks
- RE: Advantages and disadvantages of playing video games -Deepa Kaushik (04/11/14)
- Video games are children’s ever favourite time pass. Not only the kids, but many adults do enjoy playing these. It is a wide spread mind-set that video games are a bad habit amongst the kids which damages their vision. Though not completely incorrect, still we can’t quote that video games are only hazardeus without any good features to project to. If we count on its bad effects, it definitely decreases the eye-sight. It is addiction forming as well. People tend to skip their duties in this addiction. Children hardly prefer to go out to play, thus lacking the physical activities. Going on to the positive impacts of the video games, it increases the reflexes in the individual. The person playing video games on a regular basis can react to a stimulus in a much faster and sharp manner in comparison to others. Video games are undoubtedly good mode for entertainment. It helps to keep the kids within home, especially in the summer vacation time, avoiding the exposure to hot sun.
- Urbanisation and Its Hazards
- Crime among children - Effect of spending less time with par...
- Public smoking should not be banned
- Empowerment alone cannot help our women.
- Should animals be kept in Zoos or are they better living in ...
- Globalization and its impact on Indian Culture.
- Globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cult...
- The composite culture of India
- Involvement of youth in crimes is increasing at an alarming ...
- Advantages and disadvantages of living in a media rich socie...
- Has the traditional male role changed in the last 20 years?
- Harsh punishments are more effective in reducing crime
- Violence on TV has a direct impact on our children's behavio...
- Is it appropriate for media to cover the personal lives of c...
LATEST VIDEOS 2023
- HR Interview for IT Freshers
- 8 Hacks to Crack an Interview
- 10 Digital Marketing Interview
- Science and Technology - IAS Mains General Studies Paper - III
- Social Essays for Competitive Exams
- Disaster Management - IAS Mains General Studies Paper - III
- Political Essays for Competitive Exams
- Government and other institutions - Activities and Functions
- Culture - IAS Prelims GS questions
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Playing Video Games
Video games distraction essay.
Spending more and more time sitting around staring at a screen means spending less and less time being active, interacting with others face to face, and getting fresh air outside in the sun. The classic picture that comes to mind when one thinks of a person practicing unhealthy habits is likely that of someone sitting on the couch alone in the dark, eating Doritos and playing Xbox. Sitting around for hours at a time promotes weight gain, contributing to the current worldwide epidemic of obesity. Children even stay up late at night, losing sleep, just to play games online. Some video games do encourage players spend time with others by including a multiplayer option, while some actually require players to be active by rewarding them for walking a certain amount of steps. Most games, however, are spent sitting inside, and very few actively encourage healthy
Positive And Negative Effects Of Playing Video Games
Have you ever thought about playing video games, but your parents don’t like you playing them? Well not all video games are violent, crime ridden, based off of you killing things. Parents also think that your not socializing with anyone while playing video games.Well There are quite a few games out there that are based off of gamers socializing with other gamers through the game, there are also plenty of games that are based off of strategy, reaction times, and there are some that are proven to help the player become smarter and slow down old age.
Negative Effects Of Video Games
shows in spite of the negative issues video games may cause for some individuals, people overall
Lisa Weber's Essay: Detrimental Effects Of Video Games
Many people have differing views on the topic of video games. While some individuals view gaming as positive, others view it in a negative light. Electronic games should not control a person’s life. Instead, individuals should prioritize and focus on objectives that matter in life. Spending time with family, friends, and studying, have countless benefits that gaming cannot provide in a person’s
Do Video Games Make People Smarter
Many people believe video games are bad for a person's health, but that is far from true. In fact,
The Effect of Video Game Violence on Physiological Desensitization to Real-life Violence
Most people think that video games are harmful and waste of time. As a result, the main question of the research is how video games can influence on children and many
How Do Video Games Affect The Brain
Playing video games is popular among children and adults alike. People play video games in almost every household all over the world. This paper explores the impact of video games on the brain. There are good and bad effects of video games. In a 2011 article Bavelier, Green, Han, Renshaw, Merzenich, & Gentile reported the content of game play may produce different effects. The players control images on television, telephones and computer screens. There are positive and negative effects of video games corrupting the brain, it can be addictive and cause behavioral changes.
The Positive Effects Of Video Games On The Brain
Showing the positive effects with video games on the brain and cognitive function associated with high intensive action games and how they can help to increase motor skills, attentiveness and learning capabilities of those who play video games.
Video games impact the brain in a wide variety of ways. Some people could, and have, made the argument that video games are destructive for children and that they become a distraction from actual educational work (Bavelier, Green, Han, Renshaw, Merzenich, & Gentile, 2011). On the other hand, one could certainly argue that video games could be a valuable tool in the learning environment (Bavelier, Green, Han, Renshaw, Merzenich, & Gentile, 2011). At any rate, there are several different, and accurate views on the subject.
Benefits of Playing Video Games Essay
When playing video games, the coordination and concentration can physically, socially, and mentally benefit the user. Research today shows that certain video games can reduce fat and therefore promote weight loss. Other sources state that doctors have instructed parents to let their children play video games to help control focus. It is found that video games can improve hand eye
How Do Video Games Affect The Brain?
Today in the United States video game are played around the world. “There are children that play from 2-17. 91% of the kids in that age group play video games (Granic). Most teenagers play videogames boys playing video games 99% girls who play video games 94% (Granic). Parents always thought video games for kid were bad for them, but are they? Video games can be a good tool in the world instead of being bad. Video games are beneficial because video games provide skill to develop the brain, they have appositive effect on the brain, and can help in the class room.
Pros And Cons Of Laparoscopic Surgery
Some children and teen who play video games excessively may become isolated and because of that they may make there live as adults even more difficult. They may fail to learn how to act in a business setting or how to communicate with other people or even how to date. Video Games can also lead to health problems. It is known that video games are a sedentary activity and during which most children and teen tend to snack and drink soda (“Minds and bodies at risk”). With all the unhealthy food they could get diabetes. Addiction is another problem with video games which could lead to more health problems. When you are addicted to video games you may become sleep deprived because you spend all night games. Staying up all night will make you school performance go down dramatically and you attention span will also go down. If you are very addicted to video games and you go a long period of time without playing you may also go through withdraw symptoms, which do not go very well. Another problem is psychosomatic challenges that cause you physical imbalance in which emotional components have a strong influence (“Bass”). You may also develop a dysfunctional coping mechanism (“Bass”). You can also developed problems with verbal memory. Certain game can also make you hostile and aggressive because it is very violent. Playing games can also cause loneness, low self-esteem and have stress. Sadly Video games
The Pros And Cons Of Video Games
In the opposition’s point of view, games often lead to poor health for the person playing the game. This comes from the fact that most games involve sitting in front of the TV (“Eight Ways Video Games Are Bad For Your Health,” par. 1). Most of the games out on the market today are plain and simple. The user grabs a controller and sits in front of the TV and begins to play the game. This is all true but, there are games that require physical motion like
Do Video Games Affect Your Brain?
Majority of people tend to have the same answer to the age old question of “how do video games affect your brain?” They rot your brain. While that may be true of a dead corpse sitting in front of a TV, that is not true about how they affect a living person. A study done by Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) has shown a correlation that people who play video games have a lower stress level or a easier time dealing with stress than people who do not play video games. In this study 103 people where give a frustrational task then randomly chosen to play different types of video games. According to Dr. Christopher J. Ferguson, a professor at TAMIU, after people who played video games had lower stress levels, reduced depression, and reduced hostile feelings about the task. However video games do not only reduce stress levels, there is also evidence that supports the
The Negative Effects Of Playing Video Games And Cognitive Skills
Playing video games is among one of the favorite pastimes of many people around the world. Some play games to kill time with simple tasks found most commonly on the phone, while others play them to challenge their mind in the form of complex puzzles or to practice management skills, some play them to experience a sense of adventure that they just can’t find anywhere else, and many use them as a way to communicate or have fun with friends both near and far. Whatever the reason someone may have for playing video games, they may not think that games can have an effect on their brains. Some would say that playing video games can lead to negative effects such as harming the player’s cognitive skills or causing them to become much more violent than normal. Others would argue that playing video games quickens the minds of their players, leading to higher mental performance or an increased attention to detail. Thanks to this hotly debated controversy many studies have been conducted over the past years in order to settle the debate once and for all. So what effect can playing video games have on the cognitive skills of their players, and are these effects positive, negative, or somewhere in the middle?
IELTS Writing Samples by topic
Nowadays, many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games. what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children？, nowadays many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games. what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, topic: nowadays many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games. what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, nowadays many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games. what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, nowadays many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games .what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, nowadays many people have access to compters and a large number of children enjoy playing video games .what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, nowadays, many people have access to computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games. what are the advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, advantages and disadvantages of playing video games for children, advantages and disadvantages of laying video games for children, nowdays many people have access ti computers and a large number of children enjoy playing video games .what are the advantage and disadvantage of playing video games for children.
- Unlimited Essay Checks: Practice and perfect your skills.
- Detailed Error Analysis: Spot every mistake.
- In-Built Grammar Checker: Say no to grammatical errors.
- Personalized Suggestions: Know how to boost your score.
- Progress Tracking: View your checked essay history.
- Still thinking? We have a 14-day money-back guarantee. Take a leap of faith!
Advantages & Disadvantages of COMPUTER GAMES; "foundation English level 2"
aadan212 1 / 6 Mar 5, 2013 #1 Topic name; the effects of Computer games "Write at least two advantages and one disadvantage". Word count 553 I want to you to help me on my essay.My teacher always talks about cohesiveness of the sentences and my usage of signs such as comma , full stop and so on is not that good. Please comment about it in your best. Strategic thinking,Relaxation,Physical Probs; Advantages&Disadvantages COMPUTER GAMES In the 21st century, technology has made a clear impact to the world and computer games have become a crucial part of our daily life. The number of people play computer games has been increasing rapidly for the past years, due to the availability and the accessibility of computers at home or at internet cafes. Playing computer games brings about positive effects such as; thinking critically and relaxing for our minds. However, they also bring about negative effective; playing overtime results physical problems to the players. Firstly, playing computer games possess from the players to think critically, in order to win matches or proceed to the next stages of the game. Some of the games are very tough and no one can win easily, unless he/she thinks for a while, which I believe it is good for the players, because they learn how to think, plan ahead strategically and solve their problems. One of the most popular games that are played in most of the countries is mission game. The players are required to rescue a person from a jail without seen anyone. So, the one who is controlling the game has to think and plan every move from the first step up to the last step, until he wins or loses the game. Secondly, we can relax for our mind by playing computer games. After working a long time, surely our mind needs to have some kind of relaxation, and playing such games can be a good way to have a relaxation. Moreover, by the time we play, we can do many other activities such as; we can listen to music, because we don't use our ears to play instead we use our hands. Gamers can listen to their favorite music and still manage to play. In addition, players can chat with their friends directly or through social networks websites. Computer games create a friendship and have become a socializing tool to build and strength strong relationship between friends (Lestch, 2007). Third, playing computer games overtime brings about health problems. Most of the players, who spend much time in front of the computer, usually end up with sigh problems, because of the light from the screen of the computer. Due to that sight problem, they can't see from a distance which may affect their personal activities such; studies. Studies discovered playing games overtime could entail health risks such as obesity, eye damage, and exposure to radiation (Schmitt, 2001). On the other hand, sitting on a chair for a long time with-out exercising brings obesity or overweight. Most game players don't exercise; instead they eat junk food, which is not good for our health. The combination of eating junk food and not exercising can easily result obesity in a short period of time. In conclusion, as the technological development is taking place and making an impact day after day, computer games have become a part of our daily life. Playing computer games results in positive effects such as; it demands from the players to think strategically and it gives the players an opportunity to relax their minds. However, it also brings about negative results; playing them overtime often results in physical health problems such as; sight problems and overweight.
OP aadan212 1 / 6 Mar 5, 2013 #3 thanks for your reply, but i didn't get the difference between the number and a number of people. The second point is, if i use thinking critically as the first point am not allowed to use another kind of verb, it should only be as a form of ING. By the way thank you very much again and again.
OP aadan212 1 / 6 Mar 6, 2013 #4 Please guys help me, I am tired of revising this essay. I have read it and corrected many, there are no more changes that i could make, even tough I know there are some mistakes. Please it is last minute work, I have to submit this essay on this coming day...so help me and revise it.
OP aadan212 1 / 6 Mar 6, 2013 #7 thank you very much for your reply moderator. Thanks again and again.
- Free Essays
- Citation Generator
Computer Games Advantages and Disavantages
You May Also Find These Documents Helpful
Can video games be educational.
Here are reasons why video games can be beneficial to your child's growth and education.…
Effect of Video Games on Child Development
Playing computer games is now a vogue among the young, especially students. Whether it is a heartening phenomenon or an alarming omen is still unsettled. Since everything has its good and bad sides, playing computer games is no exception. It is instrumental in handling computer adroitly, training the abilities of thinking and operation and so on. However, the positive effects should be mentioned with caution, because the insidious effects far outweigh the direct effects.…
The Benefits of Video Games
It is without a doubt that video games have exponentially grown in popularity throughout the last decade. They have truly become one of the most popular forms of entertainment (when compared to Television, movies, music, etc). Consumers spent $24.75 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2011. Although the majority of game players are adults, video games have become exceptionally popular among kids. According to the NDP, 91% of U.S. children ages 2-17 play video games (64 million)2. Seeing as though the amount of violence in video games has also increased throughout the last decade, many parents are skeptical when coming to a decision of allowing or disallowing their children to play games. Most parents come to the conclusion that video games are a negative influence on their child’s life. This is mainly because some studies show that a steady diet of violent games can lead to antisocial behavior3. These studies combined with common sense are the reason as to why so many parents do not let their children play violent video games (or in some cases, video games in general)3. The problem is, most parents fail to realize that there are actually a great amount of positive affects that gaming have towards children. Almost all parents assume that most or all video games are bad for the user, which is certainly not the case. In fact, playing video games positively influences the lives of adolescents. Children can educate themselves and become better people by playing video games. In addition, there is an extremely small correlation of violent video games affecting the behavior of a child.…
Effects of Addiction
The major problem of this study is to determine if there are any good or bad effects on the academic performance of a student who is engaged in any form of computer games. This topic will also help them to know if they should stop or lessen their time using computer.…
The effects of computer game
In my opinion , the benefits of computer game are more than disadvantages . The harmful effect stated by Davies (2007,p.11) could solved if teenagers have a good management on their time . Also , when people choose the games carefully and regard the meaning of different games , they will gain a lot from playing those games.…
Morality and Computer Games, Where Do You Draw the Line?
Many people are fine with computer games for various reasons. Computer games promote education by helping draw people to computers and using educational games.…
Do Video Games Have a Negative Effect on Children’s Behavior Essay Example
Today, video games are becoming the primary entertainment tools for the kids. According to the research from Turner Media Innovations, “98 % of children now have a games console in their home.” (Handley 20). Moreover, video games are more famous and popular for children. There are many categories of video games that are really entertaining for children, such as role-playing games, strategy, sports, first-person shooter, or simulation. Therefore, children face numerous variations of video games today. Many people believe that video games are harmful for children and have less positive effects. Although some people believe that video games have negative effects on children behavior, there is some evidence that video games yield positive effects.…
Computer game addiction is the main problem for the parents and the big question mark for the parents such as why my children can addicted to the games, and what should we do to stop their addiction, nowadays, the children spend their times in the computer for them it’s the games and technology era not the bicycle era again. The truth is the parents have a big effect for this problem because they are the one who buy the children computer and the one who buy the children a computer games, it is not bad to play computer games, but if too much, it is not good also, the children need socialize with their friends, they need friends in the real life, not friends in the…
There are many positive effects to playing video games. Playing a video game is a way to exercise the brain, it helps children develop skills like following directions, problem solving and hand-eye coordination that develop fine motor and spatial skills. Video games contribute a lot to education, like developing reading skills; gamers must read to get instructions, follow storylines, and get information. Gamers also become more determined because, usually they don’t succeed the first time playing a level so they try and try again until they move on to the next level. Games can provide a positive outlet for children to release bottled up frustrations the same way many sports like basketball and football do. Video games allow parents to bond with their children and play together and can be something they share in common.…
Teenager Addicted to Computer Games
Computer game addiction is the main problem for the parents and the big question mark for the parents such as why my children can addicted to the games, and what should we do to stop their addiction, nowadays, the children spend their times in the computer for them it’s the games and technology era not the bicycle era again. The truth is the parents have a big effect for this problem because they are the one who buy the children computer and the one who buy the children a computer games, it is not bad to play computer games, but if too much, it is not good also, the children need socialize with their friends, they need friends in the real life, not friends in the games world. There are many solutions for the parents to prevent their children’s computer usage.…
Background of the study It is known that we are living in technological era. The computers become irreplaceable tool in everyday life of almost each person. The adult users generally use it for business purposes while youngsters for computer games. Computers became the part of our life and very important component in the spheres of the life is leisure. And nowadays majority of young people spend their leisure time playing computer games, surfing through the internet. Computer games have become one of the favorite time-spending of young people in all ages, and even some adults and the students. With permanent development of computer technology the quality of people using computer either for working purposes or entertainment purposes is increasing speedily. There are many things that causes addiction to computer games, one reason being, is that most students just need something to occupy their time and these games do that for countless hours. Some students use computer gamings to escape their reality which can include school, work and possibly personal problems. Computer games also represent students to challenges they can overcome so they can feel a sense of accomplishments in virtual world, mistakes can be undone and time can review itself with the push of a few buttons.…
Negative Influence of Computer Games on Young People
One of the reasons of acquiring computers and computer games by busy parents for their children is providing playing leisure for them. But some parents don’t realize that computer games not only develop child’s mind, logic (what is positive influence) but has negative affects. Computer games industry is evaluated in two ways. On the one hand it is associated with admiration of computers abilities, on the other hand with dangerous influence on teenagers’ psychology and health.…
Causes and effects that teenagers play computer games too much.
In modern society, it is very common playing computer games. Even though computer games are common in our life, they have not only good effects, but also bad effects, especially to teenagers. Moreover, even though parents know that teenagers play computer games too much, they do not know that why teenagers are widely excited at computer games, and what the bad effects of computer games are. There are two main causes that teenagers play computer games too much. In addition, playing computer games too much has two main effects.…
Effects of Computer Games in Students
Computer games: a boon or a bane.
Computer Games – it is a bane – a menace to society – both for young and old ones. Behind the fact that they are challenged to be at their best in decision-making and reasoning, much of their time is being wasted up. Staying in a computer room for a long period of time is a big no-no! Yes it is fun to play, but it creates problems at the back of such pleasure. Negligence to perform other chores is one; negligence to do school assignments is one; and lack of enough sleep is another one. Hence, pleasure is…
- Online game
- Massively multiplayer online game
- Online games
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Computer Games
When I was young, my dad bought a computer for my brother and I. I was very excited because I never had a real computer before. My brother and I tried to figure out how to use a computer. After we figured out, my brother started to install computer games. Eventually, my brother and I were attracted to computer games but is it a boon or a bane? It depends on us.
Order custom essay Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Computer Games with free plagiarism report
- I Introductory Remarks Everyone in this room has at least one computer at home. And everyone here must have played computer games before.
- II After you will know some interesting facts about playing computer games.
- III Reveal Topic I would like to talk about some of the advantages and disadvantages of playing computer games.
- IV Preview Computer games help in releasing stress while we are having fun.
- I Computer games can release out stress A. They provide us to have fun -When we are very bored, tired or stressed.
- II Computer games serve a range of educational functions A. Encourage different ways of learning, imagination, creativity and exploration. -Simulation games could be used as a means of preparing learners for the world of work.
- III Playing too much computer games can cause negative effects on our health and wasting our time
A. Negative effects to our health -Looking at the computer screens without resting the eyes for long period of time, will spoil our eyesight. -less exercise.
B. Waste our time Some people get hooked on to computer games too much that they tend to lose interest in other more important things like studies.
- Students neglect their studies.
- Cost money every time you play.
I Summary Of Main Point, In conclusion, playing computer games it helps us to release our stress and make new friends. But when we play too much of computer games it cause negative effects to us. II Concluding Remarks If we know how to manage our time, we will get the pleasures and benefit of playing computer games.
on Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Computer Games
Cite this Page
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Computer Games. (2016, Dec 21). Retrieved from https://phdessay.com/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-playing-computer-games/
Run a free check or have your essay done for you
More related essays
Traditional games are more useful than modern games in developing children’s abilities. To what extent do you agree? It is commonly deemed that games play an increasingly pivotal role for.
The Huger Games The Hunger Games is a game, that occurs annually and it is set up by the ruling Capitol to show the other 12 districts of Panem that.
Chapter Two Abstract This research paper explores published articles that report on results from research conducted on how portable electronic communication gadgets affect a student’s study habit. The articles, however,.
Before we decide whether or not computer/video games are bad, there are many facts and opinions to consider. For example, many people feel that these games are too violent and.
Statement of the Problem This statement will seek answer on the following programs: 1. What is the profile of the Criminology students in terms of: a. Age b. Gender c..
Presents, the new coevals has begun to develop an involvement in assorted computing machine bet oning activities. It is likely that computing machine games provide satisfaction for the demands, such.
Formalization is the degree to which job duties may be structured in a firm and employees’ activities being governed through laws and procedures. Roles do not depend on particular personal.
Before weighing the pros and cons a partnership may bring in terms of improving service delivery and accountablity in public administration, definitions and more information regarding the topic must be.
Save time and let our verified experts help you.
- IELTS Writing Checker
- IELTS Writing Samples
- Latest Topics
- Speaking Club
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
IELTS essay ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
- Structure your answers in logical paragraphs
- ? One main idea per paragraph
- Include an introduction and conclusion
- Support main points with an explanation and then an example
- Use cohesive linking words accurately and appropriately
- Vary your linking phrases using synonyms
- Try to vary your vocabulary using accurate synonyms
- Use less common question specific words that accurately convey meaning
- Check your work for spelling and word formation mistakes
- Use a variety of complex and simple sentences
- Check your writing for errors
- Answer all parts of the question
- ? Present relevant ideas
- Fully explain these ideas
- Support ideas with relevant, specific examples
- ? Currently is not available
- Meet the criteria
- Doesn't meet the criteria
- 6 band Nowadays teenager were over depressed compared to elder generation. What extent do you agree? We can see that nowadays youngsters are being depressed all the time when compared to previous generation this may be because of they take unwanted pressure into them which is unnecessary In the name of social media, weare losing the social behavior, this is because eighty percent of This kind of p ...
- 6 band 1. In addition to professional benefits, how is a graduate degree good for one’s personal development? Use specific details and examples to support your answer. Pursuing a master degree can not only strengthen professional knowledges, but also offer a desirable opportunity to develop others soft skills. In addition, studying in a graduate school is beneficial to build a social network as well as learn time management. Besides learning professional knowledg ...
- One who speaks only one language is one person, but one who speaks two languages is two people. Turkish proverb
- 6 band teaching english and my resume and now, I am here to assist you with building your English from zero to hero! My qualifications include my Bachelor's & Master's degrees in English Language as well as my 170-hour TEFL Certificate which I received in 2012 from the Academic Center for Education, Culture, and Research. During the pas ...
- 6 band SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT GOVERNMENT SHOULD PROVIDE FINANCIAL HELP TO WOMEN AS THEY SPENT MOST OF THEIR TIME NURTURING CHILDREN AT HOME. IT IS OFTEN ARGUED THAT AUTHORITIES NEED TO GRANT MONETARY AID TO FEMALES AS THEY DEVOTE THEIR DAILY TIME FOR THE CARE OF THEIR CHILD AT THEIR RESIDENT. I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE ABOVE STATEMENT AS IT WILL HELP THE WOMEN TO BECOME FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT. FIRST OF ALL, LAW MAKERS SHOULD PROVIDE F ...
- Learning a new language is becoming a member of the club – the community of speakers of that language. Frank Smith
- 6 band Banning the unhealthy habit of smoking These days, it is a common aim of many governments to pass a bill that prohibits smokers from lighting a cigarette in public areas. They truly believe that banning tobacco smoking tend to lead to less negative health effects among their citizens. I agree with this point of view, but it is important ...
- 6 band the negative and positive points of working from home This issue of the idea of teleworking has been the subject of dispute for some time. Many people believe that it brings about merits while others take side with its downsides. I think that there are both negatives and positive sides to this matter. This paragraph is on the point of shedding light o ...
- To have another language is to possess a second soul. Charlemagne