100 Religion Essay Topics
Table of Contents
Topics on religion are among the best themes to write a paper on. This subject is related to various disciplines like cultural studies, history, and political science, among others. Moreover, religious subtopics are helpful since they enable students to study their origin, faith, and life. Thus, major themes of Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Hinduism are mastered by studying religion.
However, it is still important to consider choosing the preeminent topic on this subject. Topic selection is an important step in any writing process, not only for religious essays. This article includes a collection of 30 topics, 10 questions, and 5 ideas on religious essays.
Unique Tricks on How to Select the Best Religion Essay Topic
Even before skipping directly to the 30 topics, it is important if we consider how an excellent topic can be selected. Choosing the best topic will enable students to find the most comprehensive information for your essay.
The most preferred trick for these types of essays is trying to draft your thesis statement and finding the relevant information from scholarly sources first. This means that you should conduct some preliminary research and see if you can collect useful sources from recommended books, journals or articles. If you can get relevant and credible sources for your paper, then don’t leave out that topic in your selection.
Our Well-researched List of Religion Essay Topics for Learners
Since you have now known the tricks to select your topics, it’s now time to review our list of the 30 best topics about religion. Our topics are as follows:
- Purposes of religious movements
- The history of Jesus Christ as a true legend
- The Origin of Buddhism religion
- The foundation of Islamic society
- Major themes discussed in the Genesis book
- Comparison and contrast of Islam and Christianity
- How different religions worship their gods
- The different types of gods in most famous religions
- Construction pillars of the Islamic religion
- Faith definition from different religious perspectives
- Character traits of individuals known as saints
- Elements copied in all religions
- Christmas celebration in Christianity
- Analysis of the book of ‘Exodus’ in the Bible
- The importance of mosques in the Islamic faith
- Importance of religious societies in the community
- The relevance of global peace unions
- Participation of the church in maintaining international peace
- The relevance of religious education in colleges
- Prominent characters in the Christian faith
- Origin of polygamy in the Islamic faith
- Gay marriages from different religious perspectives
- The ideology being multiple gods
- Different religious practices conducted for more than a century
- Religious movements in the Islamic religion
- Reincarnation in different religions
- Traditions and religious practices of the Israelites
- Faith perspective of the pyramids in Egypt
- Sacred tales in the Christian religion
- Debate on Christianity and Science
20 Religion Argumentative Essay Topics
- Is the concept of God necessary for morality and ethical behavior?
- Is religious extremism a threat to global peace and security?
- Should schools be allowed to teach religious studies as part of the curriculum?
- Should religious organizations be exempt from taxes and government regulation?
- Is the religious freedom of individuals more important than the rights of the LGBTQ+ community?
- Should the government have a say in the religious practices of its citizens?
- Is atheism a valid belief system or just a lack of belief in God?
- Should public officials be allowed to use their religious beliefs to influence policy decisions?
- Is the concept of heaven and hell necessary for the existence of religion?
- Should religious institutions be held accountable for cases of sexual abuse and misconduct?
- Is it ethical for religious organizations to engage in missionary work in foreign countries?
- Is the use of religious symbols and iconography appropriate in public spaces?
- Is religious pluralism a viable solution to religious conflicts and tensions?
- Should religious rituals be protected under freedom of expression laws?
- Is the belief in divine intervention compatible with the scientific method?
- Should religious leaders be involved in political affairs?
- Is the Bible a reliable source of historical information?
- Should the state recognize and support religious holidays?
- Is it ethical to force children to adhere to a specific religion?
- Is the concept of fate and destiny compatible with the belief in free will?
Science and Religion Essay Topics: Traditional & Innovative
- Can one believe in both science and religion?
- What is the Bible, and why are its tales still taught?
- Discuss radical religions. Should they be allowed?
- Should religious parents be able to deny medical care for their children?
- Discuss the theme of peace between religions.
- Does someone have to be religious to have morals? Why or why not?
- How do extremists taint the image of religions?
- Should people be able to convert from one religion to another multiple times?
- How has religion impacted society?
- Should there be an age limit on children attending bible school?
- Can science and religion coexist, or are they fundamentally incompatible?
- How has the relationship between science and religion evolved over time?
- Is it possible to reconcile religious beliefs with scientific facts and discoveries?
- How have religious beliefs influenced scientific developments throughout history?
- What are the ethical implications of using science to manipulate the natural world, according to various religious perspectives?
- Are religious explanations for natural phenomena valid, or are they superseded by scientific explanations?
- How has the rise of modern science impacted traditional religious beliefs and practices?
- Are there certain scientific discoveries that challenge or contradict religious beliefs, and how do believers respond to them?
- Can science provide evidence for or against the existence of God , and how do different religious traditions approach this question?
- How do religious beliefs and scientific knowledge inform our understanding of the origins and purpose of life?
Religion and Politics Essay Topics
- Should religious leaders be allowed to hold political office?
- Is there a place for religion in the public sphere, or should it be strictly relegated to the private domain?
- How do religious beliefs influence political attitudes and voting behavior?
- Should the government support or fund religious institutions and organizations?
- What role should religious beliefs play in shaping public policy decisions?
- Is it ethical for politicians to use religious language and rhetoric in their campaigns and speeches?
- Should politicians be held accountable for their religious beliefs and affiliations?
- Is secularism a threat to religious freedom and expression, or is it necessary for a democratic society?
- How do religious minorities navigate the political landscape in countries where their beliefs are not the majority?
- Should religious exemptions be allowed for laws and regulations that conflict with religious beliefs?
- How do different religious traditions approach issues like human rights, social justice, and economic inequality in the political sphere?
- Should religious organizations be involved in providing social services and welfare programs?
- How do political leaders balance the needs and interests of their constituents with the demands of their religious beliefs?
- Is the separation of church and state an absolute principle, or are there circumstances where religion and politics can overlap?
- How does the relationship between religion and politics vary across different cultures and societies?
- Is the political influence of religious groups a positive or negative force in society?
- How do religious beliefs shape attitudes toward foreign policy and international relations?
- Is it possible to have a truly pluralistic political system that accommodates diverse religious beliefs and practices?
- Should religious leaders and organizations be subject to the same laws and regulations as other groups in society?
- How do political leaders balance the competing demands of religious freedom and the need to uphold laws and regulations that promote public health and safety
10 Easy Religion Essay Questions for Students
Below is a list of ten easy-to-answer questions about religion. You can use scholarly bases to gather essential information about these specific questions.
- Are Bible tales true?
- What are the common goals in different faiths?
- Is it correct to change religions ?
- Is it correct to conduct violent demonstrations due to religion?
- Has peace been attained by having multiple religious’ societies?
- What the major lesson about faith drawn from the Bible?
- Who is Jesus Christ in Christian theology?
- What is the origin of the Islamic religion?
- How do preachers embrace religions in modern society?
- Is Judaism dissimilar compared to other religions?
Awesome Religion Essay Ideas to Use
You can easily generate good topics about religion if you’ve mastered certain key thoughts. These awesome concepts are:
- Evolution of theological studies. Evaluate how the study of religion has changed over the past few decades.
- Creation theories and evolution from the perspective of the Christian religion. Discuss the three accounts of creations portrayed from the Genesis book.
- The start of negotiations and arguments between various religious leaders. Evaluate how different churches started and how religious leaders have influenced the foundation of different faiths.
- Origin, development, and importance of religious gatherings. For instance, you can discuss the influence of crusades and major movements led by religious leaders in history.
- Different religions around the globe and how they were started. Evaluate how the Christian, Islam etc. faiths started.
Are you still looking for expert essay writer to offer assistance when it comes to topic selection for your upcoming religion essay? Do not worry because you can hire a professional service to do it for you. Additionally, college essay writers will write a high-quality paper based on the instructions you will provide. In that case, consider calling us today to get affordable and quality editing, proofreading and writing services.
Engaging Religion Essay Topics That Can Be Talked About Openly
How to choose a topic?
How to Write
Religion has always been and will be one of the most complicated topics for students to discuss. It is not a surprise that the subject of religion has often been the reason for disputes and even wars between nations. Therefore, experts often advise not to start conversations about beliefs in official circles. Still, to enrich general education, it is important to understand and distinguish the peculiarities of different religions, whether ancient greek religions, biblical Christianity, or the history of the roman catholic church.
Tasks related to religious teachings often cause embarrassment and difficulty for students. Indeed, even experienced specialists usually do not dare to take on such controversial subjects for their research. However, with this article, you can be calm because we did half the work – here, you can find the most interesting religious topics for your future essay.
How Not To Be Mistaken and Choose Appropriate Religion Essay Topics
Before proceeding to the practical part of the work, it is necessary to get acquainted with some theoretical recommendations and scientific methods. To select the topic that will be both interesting for you and appropriate for the professor, stick to the following suggestions.
First, ensure the characteristics and statements you want to give have no prejudices or myths and correspond to the current situation. Thus, compile a list of reliable educational sources you will refer to while writing. Conducting comprehensive research is crucial if you want to make your work scientific.
Second, do not choose a subject you find boring. Personal assessments and judgments are unacceptable in publications. Separate them from the facts in the materials of analytical and journalistic genres.
Third, think of the topic that interests you the most. For instance, if history is your subject of interest, you can dive into the chronological development of a particular religion or contact to history essay writer . On the other hand, if you are more into cultural studies, choose beliefs central to national cultures and values.
The list you will find below covers all the possible religion paper topics that are interesting for a contemporary reader. Investigate it and find inspiration for your research. Finally, develop a thesis statement that can instantly hook your readers.
Academic Essay About Religion: Best Themes to Consider
The article's topic should always be interesting to read the text to the end. Especially when you want to impress your professor. Students tend to choose bland themes and therefore get lower grades.
So, it would be best if you directed all your efforts to making up the essay's title. Of course, you may also ask for help or say, ' write my paper ' PaperWriter experts, and get a perfect piece complete. But do not start to worry in advance – we will help you to find excellent religious paper topics and improve your academic performance!
- Church and state in the modern world
- Religion and politics as forms of spiritual and practical development of the world
- Religion as a means of ideological influence
- Features of religious life under different political regimes
- Church symbolism: an explanation of the most significant symbols
- The rift between science and religion
- Interreligious dialogue
- Church and education: Recognition of Theology.
- Features of modern religious movements
- Comparing the moral ideals of different world religions
- The causes of the spiritual and moral decline of humanity in the XXI century
- Studying rational and irrational sides of religions
- Theocratic states of the modern world
- Semantic and life values of a believer
- Consequences of secularization of modern social life
- World religions and their attitudes towards women
- World religions and their attitudes towards cloning
- Conflicts between different religions in Europe
- Polytheism vs. monotheism
- Psychology of religion: how it affects a person's life and views
- Atheism, deism, and agnosticism – explaining the difference
- Features and examples of religious fanaticism
- Religion and the science of the origin of man and society
Humans are curious creatures, so asking a question and trying to find an answer to it is the best strategy for writing a high-quality academic essay:
- Will religions ever disappear?
- Do all religions lead to God?
- Who are Masons and what do they believe?
- Why don’t all people believe in God?
- What is paganism, and how do other religions perceive it?
- Are psychology and religion incompatible?
- What do well-known scientists say about faith, God, and the Church?
- Does the Church participate in public life?
- What is the purpose of sacrifices?
- Is it possible to change religion temporarily?
- Religious education in secondary schools
- Spiritual life in Roman Empire
Christianity is one of the most significant religions in the world today, so take a look at the most engaging Christianity essay topics:
- Difference between Christianity and other western religions
- Christianity and homosexuality
- Orthodoxy, Catholicism, and Protestantism as the main branches of Christianity
- Ancient Christianity in academic writings
- Christian doctrine and cult
- The issue of Schism
- Jesus Christ as a Christian messiah
- Religious perspectives of Christianity
- The role of the holy spirit in the Christian religion
- The figure of Jesus Christ for modern people
Topics to Illustrate the Buddhist Religion in Academic Papers
- The features of the Buddhist holidays
- Buddhism and vegetarianism
- Buddhism and philosophy in studying
- Studying the main teachings of the Buddha
- Buddhism as a spiritual path
- How is Buddhism different from Hinduism?
- Is Buddha a god or not?
- What does Buddhism say about heaven and hell?
- Is Buddhism a Pessimistic Religion?
Topics for College Students to Understand Islam Better
- Shiites and Sunnis: the difference between branches
- Fundamental principles and pillars of Islam
- A detailed explanation of Sharia, Muslim law
- Debunking the myths about Islam
- The study of the modern geographical spread of Islam
- What are the Muslim holidays?
- How do Muslims perceive other religions?
- What are the biggest sins in Islam?
Topics for Covering Christian Religion and Other Former and Existing Religion Systems
- Historical types of religious beliefs and modern religious systems
- Technological development from a spiritual perspective
- Understanding of religion from materialistic and idealistic value systems
- Fundamental dissimilarities between Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam
- Religion in British literature
- Fetishism, totemism, animism, and magic – are there still people who adhere to these beliefs?
- Learning the origins and consequences of the Reformation
- The influence of Christianity history on Native Americans
Just don't feel like it? Let us handle your task and go on with your life!
How to Write About Religion Avoiding Controversy
There is no doubt that religion is the most delicate phenomenon to discuss. Thus, in choosing religious topics for essays, a student must avoid discrimination, hate speech, and prejudice.
The golden rule says – you can not criticize or ridicule the meaning of beliefs, rites, or traditions of other nations. Moreover, avoid offensive definitions, negative stereotypes, and baseless labels in your academic paper. It is unacceptable to make a comparison of religions, from which it can be concluded that one prevails over the other.
Writing an essay about religions can turn out to be a real challenge for a student. Still, employing all the recommendations correctly is a direct way to creating quality and informative content. If this topic is still too complicated for you, you can contact our writing paper service .
Make Sure You Have Found an Appropriate and Interesting Topic for Your Paper
Hopefully, this article has helped you to get rid of that eternal student burden: what should I write about? The list we provided above is comprehensive yet inexhaustive. You are free to pick any topic and either extend or narrow it to your taste. Even if that doesn’t help and you are still confused – our experts are ready to provide their assistance.
In case you need professional help on choosing suitable religious essay topics, you can apply on the site and get feedback immediately. Just tell us "I need help writing my paper ". Specify the requirements for your academic research, give more details about your preferences and the style of writing – and you will get a personalized selection of the best topics.
Descriptive Essays: Exploring and Mastering the Writing Process
The Poetry Analysis Essay with In-Depth Insights
Navigating Comparative Essays
Rhetorical Analysis Essay: Exploring Beyond the Surface
Deconstructing the Ideal Economics Essay: Beyond Supply and Demand
Philosophy Papers Unveiled: Writing, Argumentation, and Structure
How to Write a Research Paper: Guide with Research Paper Ideas
15 Universities to Get a Good Education
The Power of Persuasion: Tips for Crafting Compelling Persuasive Essays
100+ Religion Essay Topics
The realm of religion has always been a deeply fascinating and, at times, contentious area of study. The possibilities for exploration are vast, from theological doctrines to the impact of religion on societies. If you are a student or an enthusiast looking to delve into religious studies through essays, you’ve come to the right place.
Table of Contents
What is a Religion Essay?
A religion essay is a piece of writing that explores topics related to spirituality, theological doctrines, the historical evolution of religions, religious practices, and the impact of religion on various facets of society. It provides an avenue for individuals to critically examine and articulate their understanding of a religious subject, fostering both introspection and academic analysis.
Guide on Choosing a Religion Essay Topic
In 100-150 words? Here goes: Choosing a topic for a religion essay can be overwhelming, given the vastness of the subject. Start by narrowing your focus. Are you more interested in theological concepts, historical events, or social impacts? Research current events related to religion, as contemporary issues can provide fresh perspectives. Reflect on personal experiences or curiosities. It’s always easier to write on topics you’re passionate about. Lastly, ensure your chosen topic has enough credible sources available for a well-researched essay.
Religion Essay Topics Lists
- The Concept of God in Abrahamic Religions
- Karma and Reincarnation in Hinduism
- The Significance of Nirvana in Buddhism
- Sufism: The Mystical Dimension of Islam
- The Holy Trinity in Christianity: Interpretations and Beliefs
- The Crusades: Religious Zeal or Political Conquest?
- The Reformation and its Impact on Christianity
- Spread of Islam: Historical Perspectives and Causes
- Ancient Egyptian Religion and its Influence on Society
- The Role of the Vatican during World War II
- Religion and its Role in Shaping Moral Values
- The Influence of Religion on Art and Architecture
- Religion and Politics: A Dangerous Liaison?
- Impact of Secularism on Modern Societies
- Feminism and Religion: Points of Convergence and Divergence
- The Rise of Atheism in the 21st Century
- Religion and LGBTQ+ Rights: Conflicts and Resolutions
- Modern Religious Movements and Cults: A Study
- Religion in the Age of Technology: Evolution or Dissolution?
- Climate Change: Religious Perspectives and Responsibilities
- My Spiritual Journey: Discoveries and Challenges
- Religion in My Family: Traditions and Changes
- The Role of Prayer in My Life
- Personal Experiences with Religious Tolerance and Intolerance
- Finding Peace: A Personal Encounter with Meditation
- The Fall of Constantinople: Religious Implications
- The Establishment of the Church of England
- Comparative Analysis: Spread of Christianity and Islam in Africa
- The Dead Sea Scrolls: Relevance and Discoveries
- Influence of the Byzantine Church on Orthodox Christianity
- Comparative Analysis of Heaven in Different Religions
- The Role of Angels and Demons across Religions
- Salvation in Christian Theology
- Islamic Views on Predestination
- Hindu Views on Creation and Cosmos
- The Problem of Evil in Religious Thought
- The Existence of God: Arguments For and Against
- Morality: Divine Command Theory vs. Secular Ethics
- Free Will vs. Divine Determinism
- The Concept of Soul in Various Religions
Modern Interpretations and Movements
- Progressive Christianity: A New Age Movement?
- Jihad: Misunderstandings and Clarifications
- Spiritual but Not Religious: The Rise of Secular Spirituality
- Neo-Paganism and Modern Witchcraft
- The Baha’i Faith and Its Universal Message
Religious Practices and Rituals
- The Significance of Hajj in Islam
- Christian Sacraments: Symbols and Meanings
- Hindu Festivals and Their Socio-religious Importance
- Jewish Dietary Laws: Significance and Practice
- Zen Buddhism: Practices and Philosophies
Religion and Society
- The Role of Religion in Contemporary Politics
- Religion and Education: Benefits and Drawbacks
- Religious Perspectives on Healthcare Ethics
- The Impact of Religion on Family Structures
- Religion in Media: Representation and Bias
Interfaith and Comparative Studies
- Comparative Study of Abrahamic Religions
- Eastern vs. Western Spiritual Practices
- Similarities in Creation Myths Across Religions
- Comparative Study of Ascetic Practices in Religions
- Rituals of Death and Afterlife Across Cultures
Gender and Religion
- Female Figures in Christianity: Beyond Mary
- The Role of Women in Islamic Societies
- Feminine Divinities in Hinduism
- Gender Roles in Traditional and Modern Jewish Practices
- The Evolution of Gender Norms in Buddhist Traditions
Religion and Science
- Religious Perspectives on Evolution
- The Vatican and Astronomy: A Historic Relationship
- Islamic Contributions to Science and Mathematics
- Hindu Cosmology and Modern Astrophysics
- Buddhism and Psychology: Overlaps and Insights
Mysticism and Esoteric Beliefs
- Kabbalah: Jewish Mysticism Explored
- Christian Gnostic Traditions
- Sufism: The Heart of Islamic Mysticism
- Tantra in Hinduism and Buddhism: Misunderstandings and Realities
- The Rosicrucians: History and Beliefs of a Mysterious Order
Sacred Texts and Their Interpretations
- The Bhagavad Gita: A Philosophical Analysis
- Parables in the New Testament: Meanings and Implications
- The Talmud and Its Relevance in Contemporary Judaism
- The Tao Te Ching: Exploring Daoist Philosophy
- Themes of Justice and Mercy in the Qur’an
Religion and Art
- Depictions of Buddha in Art: Evolution and Significance
- Christian Iconography: Symbols and Their Origins
- Islamic Calligraphy: Beauty in Sacred Texts
- Religious Themes in Renaissance Art
- The Influence of Hindu Mythology on Classical Dance Forms
Faith and Modern Challenges
- Addressing Climate Change: Religious Responses and Responsibilities
- Religion in the Digital Age: New Forms of Worship and Community
- The Ethics of Genetic Engineering from Religious Perspectives
- Faith Healing vs. Modern Medicine: A Comparative Analysis
- The Role of Religion in Modern Mental Health Practices
Minor Religions and Sects
- Jainism: Principles of Non-Violence and Asceticism
- The Yoruba Religion: Understanding Orishas and Rituals
- The Alevi Community: Beliefs and Practices
- Zoroastrianism: History and Current Status
- The Raelian Movement: Extraterrestrial Beliefs and Controversies
Call to Action
Overwhelmed by the vastness of religious topics or unsure how to articulate your thoughts cohesively? Let WriteOnDeadline help! Our expert essay writers are well-versed in diverse religious subjects and can craft an impeccable essay tailored to your needs. Don’t hesitate – reach out to us today!
- BBC Religions – Comprehensive information on a wide array of religions.
- Religion Online – Full texts by recognized religious scholars.
- Pew Research Center’s Religion & Public Life Project – Offers statistical research and reports on religion’s role in society.
100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
Religion is a vast and diverse field of study, encompassing a wide range of beliefs, practices, and traditions. There are numerous research paper topics that explore various aspects of religion, including its history, philosophy, theology, and sociological implications. Some potential topics may include the role of religion in shaping political ideologies, the impact of globalization on religious practices, the relationship between religion and morality, the evolution of religious practices over time, and the intersection of religion and culture. It's important to approach these topics with sensitivity and respect for different beliefs and perspectives, while also maintaining a critical and analytical mindset. Thorough research and analysis can lead to a deeper understanding of the complexities of religion and its impact on individuals and societies.
How to Choose the Best Religion Research Paper Topic?
Choosing the best religion research paper topic can be a challenging task, but there are several factors to consider when making a selection.
- Identify your research interests: Consider your personal interests, academic background, and future career aspirations to identify topics that align with your research goals.
- Narrow down the scope: Religion is a broad topic, so it's important to narrow down your research focus by identifying specific aspects of religion that interest you.
- Consider the relevance: Choose a topic that is relevant and timely, such as current debates or issues within the field of religion.
- Consult with your professor or advisor: Seek advice from your professor or academic advisor to ensure that your topic is appropriate and feasible for your research project.
- Conduct preliminary research: Conduct preliminary research on potential topics to assess the availability of resources and identify any potential challenges or limitations.
- Choose a manageable topic: Choose a topic that is manageable in terms of scope and depth, given the available time and resources for your research project.
Christianity Research Paper Topics
The role of Christianity in shaping Western civilization: An analysis of the historical, cultural, and social impact of Christianity in the West.
Christian ethics and morality: A study of the moral principles and ethical considerations that guide Christian behavior.
The diversity of Christianity: An exploration of the different branches, denominations, and traditions within Christianity and their beliefs and practices.
Christianity and politics: An analysis of the intersection between Christianity and political ideologies, including the role of religion in public policy.
Christian art and architecture: A study of the artistic and architectural expressions of Christianity and their cultural significance.
The history of Christian theology: An exploration of the development of Christian theology, including its major figures, movements, and controversies.
The influence of Christianity on literature: An analysis of the impact of Christian themes and motifs on literature throughout history.
Christianity and science: A study of the relationship between Christianity and scientific inquiry, including debates over evolution and creationism.
Christian education: An exploration of the role of Christian education in shaping religious beliefs and values.
Christianity and social justice: An analysis of Christian perspectives on social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and human rights.
Christian mission and evangelism: A study of the history, methods, and impact of Christian mission and evangelism around the world.
Christianity and gender: An exploration of Christian teachings on gender roles and sexuality, including debates over LGBTQ+ rights.
Christian spirituality: An analysis of the practices and beliefs that form the core of Christian spirituality, including prayer, worship, and meditation.
The influence of Christianity on politics and public life: A study of the impact of Christian thought and values on political and public life throughout history.
Christianity and the environment: An exploration of Christian perspectives on environmentalism and sustainability.
The history and influence of Christian music: A study of the evolution of Christian music and its role in shaping religious culture and identity.
Christianity and globalization: An analysis of the impact of globalization on Christianity, including the spread of Christianity to new regions and cultures.
Theology of forgiveness in Christianity: An exploration of the concept of forgiveness in Christianity and its implications for interpersonal relationships and social justice.
Christianity and interfaith dialogue: A study of the opportunities and challenges of interfaith dialogue between Christianity and other religious traditions.
The impact of Christianity on human rights: An analysis of the role of Christianity in the development of human rights and its ongoing influence on human rights discourse.
Islam Research Topics
The historical and cultural impact of Islam: An analysis of the spread of Islam and its influence on art, architecture, and culture.
Islamic philosophy and theology: A study of the development of Islamic philosophical and theological thought and its impact on Muslim societies.
Women in Islam: An exploration of the role of women in Islam, including debates over gender roles and equality.
Islam and politics: An analysis of the relationship between Islam and political ideologies, including the role of Islam in public policy.
Islamic education: A study of the role of Islamic education in shaping religious beliefs and values.
Islam and social justice: An exploration of Islamic perspectives on social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and human rights.
Islamic art and architecture: A study of the artistic and architectural expressions of Islam and their cultural significance.
Islam and science: An analysis of the relationship between Islam and scientific inquiry, including debates over evolution and creationism.
Islam and globalization: An exploration of the impact of globalization on Islam, including the spread of Islam to new regions and cultures.
Islam and human rights: A study of the relationship between Islam and human rights, including debates over freedom of religion and expression.
Islamic finance and economics: An analysis of Islamic finance and economic systems and their impact on Muslim societies.
The diversity of Islam: An exploration of the different branches, denominations, and traditions within Islam and their beliefs and practices.
Islamophobia: An analysis of the causes and consequences of Islamophobia in Western societies.
The history of Islamic civilization: A study of the rise and fall of Islamic empires and their impact on world history.
Islamic spirituality: An exploration of the practices and beliefs that form the core of Islamic spirituality, including prayer, worship, and meditation.
Islam and interfaith dialogue: A study of the opportunities and challenges of interfaith dialogue between Islam and other religious traditions.
Islamic law and governance: An analysis of Islamic legal systems and their impact on Muslim societies.
The Islamic Golden Age: A study of the intellectual, scientific, and cultural achievements of the Islamic Golden Age.
Islam and terrorism: An exploration of the relationship between Islam and terrorism, including the role of extremist groups.
Islamic environmentalism: A study of Islamic perspectives on environmentalism and sustainability.
Siddhartha Essay Topics
The journey of self-discovery in Siddhartha: An analysis of the theme of self-discovery and personal growth in Hermann Hesse's Siddhartha.
Siddhartha's search for enlightenment: A study of Siddhartha's spiritual journey and his quest for enlightenment.
The role of nature in Siddhartha: An exploration of the role of nature in Siddhartha's spiritual awakening and self-discovery.
The impact of society on Siddhartha's spiritual journey: An analysis of the societal and cultural factors that shape Siddhartha's spiritual quest.
The significance of the river in Siddhartha: A study of the symbolic and metaphorical importance of the river in Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
The role of relationships in Siddhartha: An exploration of the impact of relationships and human connections on Siddhartha's journey of self-discovery.
Siddhartha and the Buddhist philosophy: A study of the influence of Buddhist philosophy on Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
Siddhartha's struggle with attachment: An analysis of Siddhartha's struggle with attachment and his journey towards detachment and inner peace.
The theme of duality in Siddhartha: An exploration of the theme of duality and the reconciliation of opposites in Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
The impact of mentors and teachers on Siddhartha: A study of the role of mentors and teachers in Siddhartha's spiritual development.
The impact of suffering on Siddhartha's spiritual growth: An analysis of the role of suffering and hardship in Siddhartha's spiritual awakening and growth.
The concept of time in Siddhartha: An exploration of the theme of time and the transience of life in Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
Siddhartha's spiritual evolution: A study of Siddhartha's spiritual evolution and the changes in his worldview throughout the novel.
The role of music in Siddhartha: An analysis of the significance of music and sound in Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
Siddhartha's relationship with his father: An exploration of the complex relationship between Siddhartha and his father and its impact on his spiritual journey.
The symbolism of the lotus in Siddhartha: A study of the symbolic significance of the lotus flower in Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
The theme of self-reliance in Siddhartha: An analysis of the theme of self-reliance and the pursuit of individuality in Siddhartha's spiritual quest.
The impact of Eastern and Western philosophies on Siddhartha: An exploration of the influence of Eastern and Western philosophies on Siddhartha's spiritual journey.
The theme of detachment in Siddhartha: A study of the theme of detachment and the pursuit of inner peace in Siddhartha's spiritual quest.
The role of symbolism in Siddhartha: An analysis of the use of symbolism and allegory in Siddhartha to convey spiritual and philosophical themes.
Buddhism Essay Topics
The life and teachings of the Buddha: A study of the historical and philosophical aspects of Buddhism and the life of the Buddha.
The spread of Buddhism: An analysis of the spread of Buddhism from its origins in India to other parts of Asia and the world.
Buddhist philosophy: A study of the philosophical principles and concepts of Buddhism, including karma, rebirth, and enlightenment.
Buddhism and meditation: An exploration of the role of meditation in Buddhist practice and its benefits for mental and physical health.
Buddhist art and architecture: A study of the artistic and architectural expressions of Buddhism and their cultural significance.
Buddhism and mindfulness: An analysis of the relationship between Buddhism and the practice of mindfulness, including its applications in modern psychology.
Buddhism and ethics: A study of the moral principles and ethical considerations that guide Buddhist behavior.
Buddhist psychology: An exploration of Buddhist approaches to the study of human behavior and the mind.
Buddhism and social justice: An analysis of Buddhist perspectives on social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and human rights.
Buddhist monasticism: A study of the history and practices of Buddhist monasticism, including the role of monastic communities in Buddhist societies.
The role of women in Buddhism: An exploration of the role of women in Buddhist history, practice, and leadership.
Buddhist education: An analysis of the role of Buddhist education in shaping religious beliefs and values.
Buddhism and the environment: An exploration of Buddhist perspectives on environmentalism and sustainability.
Buddhism and modernity: A study of the impact of modernity on Buddhist practice and belief.
Buddhist social engagement: An analysis of Buddhist approaches to social and political engagement, including advocacy and activism.
Buddhism and interfaith dialogue: A study of the opportunities and challenges of interfaith dialogue between Buddhism and other religious traditions.
The relationship between Buddhism and science: An exploration of the relationship between Buddhism and scientific inquiry, including the intersection of Buddhist philosophy and modern science.
The diversity of Buddhism: An analysis of the different branches, schools, and traditions within Buddhism and their beliefs and practices.
Buddhism and globalization: An exploration of the impact of globalization on Buddhism, including the spread of Buddhism to new regions and cultures.
Buddhism and economics: A study of the economic systems and policies influenced by Buddhist beliefs and practices.
Research Paper Topics Religion and Society
Religion and social change: An exploration of the role of religion in shaping social movements and cultural transformations.
Religion and identity: A study of the relationship between religion and individual and group identities.
Religion and social stratification: An analysis of the role of religion in shaping social hierarchies and inequality.
Religion and education: An exploration of the role of religion in shaping educational practices and beliefs.
Religion and social justice: A study of religious perspectives on social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and human rights.
Religion and politics: An analysis of the intersection between religion and political ideologies, including the role of religion in public policy.
Religion and the family: An exploration of the role of religion in shaping family structures and relationships.
Religion and gender: A study of the role of religion in shaping gender roles and sexuality.
Religion and healthcare: An analysis of the role of religion in shaping healthcare practices and beliefs.
Religion and crime: An exploration of the relationship between religion and criminal behavior, including the role of religion in rehabilitation and reintegration.
World Religion Research Paper Topics
Religious pluralism: An exploration of the coexistence of multiple religious traditions in a globalized world.
Religion and conflict: An analysis of the role of religion in shaping conflicts, including sectarianism, extremism, and terrorism.
Comparative study of major world religions: A study of the similarities and differences between major world religions, including Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism.
Religion and globalization: An analysis of the impact of globalization on religious practices and beliefs.
Religion and human rights: An exploration of the relationship between religion and human rights, including debates over freedom of religion and expression.
Religion and ethics: A study of the moral principles and ethical considerations that guide religious behavior.
Religion and gender: An analysis of the role of religion in shaping gender roles and sexuality.
Religion and science: An exploration of the relationship between religion and scientific inquiry, including debates over evolution and creationism.
Theology Research Paper Topics
The historical development of theology: An exploration of the evolution of theological thought and its influence on religious traditions.
The relationship between theology and philosophy: A study of the intersection of theology and philosophical inquiry, including debates over the existence of God and the nature of faith.
The role of scripture in theological inquiry: An analysis of the role of religious texts in shaping theological beliefs and practices.
Theology and ethics: An exploration of the moral principles and ethical considerations that guide theological inquiry.
Theology and social justice: A study of theological perspectives on social justice issues, including poverty, inequality, and human rights.
Theology and interfaith dialogue: An analysis of the opportunities and challenges of interfaith dialogue between different theological traditions.
Theology and spirituality: A study of the practices and beliefs that form the core of theological spirituality, including prayer, worship, and meditation.
Theology and science: An exploration of the relationship between theology and scientific inquiry, including debates over evolution and creationism.
Theology and politics: An analysis of the intersection between theology and political ideologies, including the role of religion in public policy.
Theology and identity: A study of the role of theology in shaping individual and group identities.
Theology and gender: An exploration of the role of theology in shaping gender roles and sexuality.
Theology and culture: An analysis of the impact of theology on cultural practices and beliefs.
Theology and art: A study of the artistic expressions of theology and their cultural significance.
Theology and environmentalism: An exploration of theological perspectives on environmentalism and sustainability.
Theology and economics: An analysis of the economic systems and policies influenced by theological beliefs and practices.
Theology and human rights: A study of the relationship between theology and human rights, including debates over freedom of religion and expression.
Theology and migration: An exploration of the impact of theology on migration patterns and the experiences of migrants.
Theology and media: An analysis of the role of theology in shaping media representations and the impact of media on theological practices and beliefs.
Theology and death: A study of theological perspectives on death and the afterlife.
Theology and technology: An exploration of the impact of technology on theological practices and beliefs.
Religion is a complex and fascinating field of study that offers numerous research paper topics for students to explore. Whether you are interested in the historical, philosophical, or social aspects of religion, there is a wide range of topics to choose from. Some popular areas of research include the role of religion in shaping society and culture, the intersection of religion and politics, and the impact of religion on individual and collective identities. Additionally, topics related to specific religions, such as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism, offer rich opportunities for analysis and inquiry. No matter what your interests are, researching religion can offer valuable insights into human beliefs, values, and practices.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
- Marketing Research Paper Topics
- Log in ▼
- Our Guarantees
- Our Services
- How it Works
200 latest religion research paper topics to consider
Religion evolves every day, resulting in new research paper topics. This makes it challenging for students to select the best cases for their research papers. This article provides 200 religion research paper topics to consider for your paper.
When choosing a religion research topic, you can go for different approaches. You can choose to focus on certain religions’ history, their specifics of rituals and beliefs, and their impact on society. You can also analyze the differences between different religions. Before looking at the topics, it is essential to know a religion essay, the tips for choosing essay topics , and the different types of religions.
What is a religion essay?
A religious essay is writing that analyzes a particular set of values, beliefs, and morals that people exercise to guide them on the spiritual path. Religion involves cultures, traditions, and customs that inspire people to live a moral life and can share among societies and communities.
Different types of religions
- Christianity religion
- Hinduism religion
- Islamic religion
- Judaism religion
- Buddhism religion
Tips for choosing the best religion essay topics
If your professor has not provided a topic for your religious essays, you will need to choose a topic to write about. To select a good topic, consider the following tips:
- Select a topic you are interested in
- Ensure there are specific sources that relate to your topic of discussion
- Avoid topics based on a biased view, especially those based on religious leaders and their personalities
- Avoid critique and attacks topics
- Cover all the views about a topic when there are several vies on a topic
Religion research paper ideas
There are many areas where you can get ideas for your religious paper topics . You can look for religion research paper example online or consider the following:
Religion has an impact on people’s faith. They believe in the power of faith in some religions. You can believe in something and have it fulfilled through faith. You can get good religion research paper topics from this area.
The majority of people follow the precepts of the Holy Book. This is the compass that humans use to navigate the many phenomena of life.
- World religions
The majority of religions are intertwined. The main difference is that they believe in different kinds of ceremonies, beliefs, powerful beings, and spiritual beings. When writing your research paper about religion , you can consider this area.
- Theology and philosophy
Philosophy and theology are closely intertwined with religion. Most religious leaders study theology to have a deeper understanding of their faith.
- Mental health and religion
Religion is also connected to mental health because of people’s beliefs. You can explore these areas for your religious research paper.
- Technology and religion
Many new technologies are being used, including cloning, artificial insemination , and frozen embryos. There is a lot of discussion over whether they are ethical, making it a good research area.
- Religious history
The history of many religions is also included in many research topics. Some myths have been thoroughly debunked and agreed upon.
Christianity research paper topics
With billions of adherents, Christianity is one of the most popular religions. Its significance in world history cannot be overstated. So, here are some of the fascinating topics which you can use in your religious essays :
- Examine the inclusion of Jesus’ known scriptures in the Bible
- Examine the social significance of the miracles recounted in the New Testament
- Discuss the key components of Christian worldviews
- Explain how members of the Jewish community are represented in the Bible
- Examine historical records to learn more about Jesus’ life
- Examine how Christians in the Middle East have reacted to terrorism
- Describe how the Crusades aided in the spread of Christianity
- Describe how Christianity was practiced in Rome between the 1st and 5th centuries
- Disseminate information about the Protestant Reformation and its impact on modern Christianity
- Examine how Renaissance artists portrayed the Church
- Consider the differences between Roman Catholicism and Protestant Christianity
- Explain how the Holy Trinity fits into the monotheistic idea
- Explain King Herod’s part in the Jewish persecution
- Describe how the Gnostic Gospels are relevant in today’s world
- Discuss the significance of the cross as a Christian symbol
- Discuss what Christians can expect in the mid-twentieth century
- Mormonism’s place in Christian beliefs and practices
- In Christianity, debate political resistance vs. cultural assimilation
- Describe the impact of Christianity on the Covid-19 epidemic
- Discuss the New Testament’s restricted incorporation of Jesus’ teachings in the book
- An examination of life after death from the perspective of the Bible
- Analyse and explain the Holy Trinity in today’s context.
- Examine how Roman society influenced the spread of Christianity
- In literary works, there are several depictions of Christianity
- The Christian doctrine in Original Sin is based on psychological principles
- The Papacy and its political clout around the world
- Christianity’s stance on the death penalty
- In scientific experiments, the role of Christianity
Research topics on religion and culture
- Forgiveness and punishment in religion and crime
- Religion’s cultural peculiarities
- Religion in the Enlightenment Era
- Without gods, belief systems
- Religion’s impact on the history of education and science
- Is it possible to have a single universal religion?
- Why do beliefs decay and become lost religions?
- Compare prayer and contemplative approaches
- Marriage and religion
- Will religion ever come to an end?
- Religion and women
- Religion’s Influence on Adolescents and Teenagers
- Sacrifice’s Importance in Religious Practices
- From the standpoint of social psychology, religion and the individual
- Are religion and morality intertwined or distinct?
- A religious leader’s personality
- Religion and violence: how religion has influenced revolutions and conflicts
- What effect does religion have on family ties?
- Is it true that religion and reason are mutually exclusive?
- What is the best way to start a religion?
- Religion’s history and social stratification
- In today’s globalized society, religion plays an important role
- Religion’s Importance in Environmental Issues
- Technology’s religion: modern tribal practices
- In religion, symbolism plays an important role.
- Alien iconography can be seen in a variety of religions
- How can you separate religion from spirituality?
- Different religions have similar rites.
- Why should the government give religion preferential treatment?
Christianity is one of the largest religions in the world. If you want to write a research paper on Christianity , consider the following topics:
- Forgotten and well-known branches of Christianity
- Colonization and Christianity
- Christianity has a long history of corruption
- Industrialism and Christianity
- The individual’s role in Christianity
- Imperialism and Christianity
- The Christian Church’s mythology and rituals
- Differences in the race in Christianity
- What do we know about Jesus in terms of his historical significance?
- Tolerance in society and Christianity
Islamic research paper topics
Another important religion that requires extensive inquiry and contemplation is Islam. Its image is frequently vilified in the West, yet there is much more. Here are some Islamic essay topics to write about :
- Islamic civilizations have a long and illustrious history
- What would the world be like if Islam didn’t exist?
- In the West, the creation of an image of Islam
- Islam’s political influence
- In Islam, what is a woman’s role?
- The difficulties of Islam’s legal integration
- Prejudices and misunderstandings about Islam
- Are Islam and traditionalism inextricably linked?
- Civil Islamic customs
- Islam’s past and future
Religion essay topics on Siddhartha
Siddhartha is the Buddhist founder’s birth name and the title of a novel depicting a contemporary’s spiritual journey. Both are worthy of investigation in a religious and philosophical context. Here are some of Siddhartha’s religion topics for presentation :
- Siddhartha has mythological connotations
- Siddhartha: a work of fiction and philosophy
- Siddhartha’s teaching methods
- Non-attachment and Siddhartha
- Siddhartha’s concept of salvation
- Siddhartha Gautama and his quest for enlightenment
- Existentialism and Siddhartha
Argumentative world religion research paper topics
These are some of the best themes for a world religion argumentative paper . If you have any doubts, our qualified writers can assist you. They will only provide professional results to ensure you receive excellent grades.
- Doctrinal competency is quite important
- When is it legal to have an abortion?
- Examine the world’s major faiths
- Is it necessary to have situation ethics to maintain a moral code?
- The concept of rebirth in the modern world
- The religious perspectives on abortion
- The reasons for Martin Luther’s defection from the Catholic Church
- The incidence of adversity and pain
- Women’s roles in congregations
- What factors contribute to the emergence of new religions?
- Examine Zoroastrianism’s relevance in today’s environment
- Examine the many world faiths that do not believe in a god
- The relationship between world religions and science in the modern era
- Religion’s perspective on LGBTQ individuals around the world
- Yoga’s relationship with religion
Good religion topics for research paper
- The religious writings’ fundamental themes
- Religions sanction slavery
- Religion and anthropology are intertwined
- Characteristics of someone who has the potential to become a saint
- Religion’s different strategies for promoting peace
- The Islamic world’s traditions
- The various ways to commemorate Christmas
- Consider the issue of cloning from a religious standpoint
- In Arabic countries, different religious groups have different requirements
- Is religion causing more problems than it is resolving?
- Satanism is a legitimate faith. Discuss
- Compare the methods used by various religions to convert people into their adherents
- The role of the Church in the development of national well-being
- Is polytheism a legitimate religious option?
- The Christian perspective on homosexual marriage
Interesting Bible research topics
- Talk about the catastrophic prophets in the old testament’s books of the Bible
- When historical data is compared to biblical interpretations of events, it becomes clear that the Bible is correct
- The link between gnostic literature and the English Bible
- Between the Old and New Testaments, there is symmetry and asymmetry
- Old Testament time perspectives: literal or metaphorical?
- Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X’s lectures on civil rights and the Bible
- In the Old Testament, there are laws
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and the Bible
- In the Bible, there is a connection between murder and love
- In the Old Testament, how is marriage viewed?
- Gospel Inconsistencies in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John’s views
- Conflicts between biblical translations and science
- Explorations of retribution in the Old Testament: Moses and the Promised Land
- Genesis: Man’s beginnings and the Bible’s use of allegory
- The Bible’s use in literature
- The Bible’s treatment of other religions
- The Roman Empire’s Role in the Bible’s Creation
- Bible interpretations in the present day
- Gender roles as examined in the Bible
- The History of Jesus Christ
Psychology of religion research topics
- Nonbelievers become more committed to their atheism in the face of discrimination
- Data suggest that countries with no religion are the most socially advanced
- Even atheists intuitively believe that the natural world has a designer
- When individuals feel as if things are sliding out of their control, conspiracy theories arise
- Is it possible that believe in ghosts aided the development of civilization?
- The state and religion: a story of declining power and new revival
- The majority of supernatural beliefs are for avoiding damage rather than providing good
- What do people imagine God to be like?
- Religious leadership raises the number of donations but lowers the value of such donations
- The numbers are precise: In the United States, a cultural transition away from religion is underway
Easy topics to write about
- The most important distinctions between atheism and agnosticism
- The progression of Christian music
- The conflict between religious and scientific parties
- The influence of the media on religion
- The Orthodox Church’s norms of conduct
- Examine marriage as an orthodox sacrament
- According to the Bible, this is the world’s most holy location
- Various religions have different funeral customs
- Religion’s place in society
- The world’s eldest religions
- In the Islamic world, polygamous marriages are common
- Abortion from a religious perspective
- The main issues that pagans encounter
- The relationship between religion and the big bang theory
- Religious practices have resulted in significant changes
Religious paper topics
- Is abortion a sin against God or a matter of having control over your body and children?
- Is it your opinion that polygamous marriage should be prohibited?
- The relationship between religion and sociology
- Should religious leaders run for office?
- Examine whether all men are religious enslaved people
- Faith is a proven fact
- Examine the concept of religious tolerance
- Is it possible to describe religion as a tool for capitalists?
- People change faith for a variety of reasons
- In the early Church, missionaries played an important role
- Consider agnosticism in a broad sense
- Is cloning a kind of child abuse?
Informative research paper on religion
- Religion’s Influence on Terrorism
- Diverse religions have different views on sex
- The afterlife in various religions is similar
- The modern world’s embodiment of totems
- In the modern world, animalism manifests itself
- Is the story of the “Great Flood” found in all religions?
- Compare and contrast shamanism and modern faiths
- The importance of baptism for both adults and children
- The significance of the month of Ramadan in Islam
- The strategies used by various religions to convert followers
- Christmas has a special meaning for Christians
- The impact of faith on the economy
- Compare and contrast modern psychologists with religious counsellors
- The use of religious ethics to justify military action
- Consider how atheism has become the new world religion
Sociology research paper topics on religion
This field of study uses sociological tools and methodologies to investigate religious beliefs, practices, and organizational forms. The area has a wide range of career prospects and is a popular subject in colleges and universities. Here are some sociology topics that you can find helpful in a religion research paper :
- Examine and debate the histories of various Islamic sects all across the world
- Describe how religious ceremonies affect people all across the world
- Explain how regional factors influence religious systems
- In religious systems, discuss global cultural models
- Explain Buddhism’s origins and development
- Explain the impact of the historical Jesus on societies all around the world
- Compare and contrast love and death theologies from around the world
- Compare and contrast forgiveness and punishment attitudes
- Investigate the interplay between religious systems and society
- Discuss how postmodern theology and atheism are similar and different
- Take a look at some of the religions that are on the verge of extinction
- Examine the view of myth and reality in different faiths
- Examine how religious ideas can have an impact on societal morals
- Examine and debate the condition of religion in today’s globalized society
- In modern religion, describe the basic principles of systematic theology
- The ethnography of current religious systems, explain
- Describe how different countries approach religious organizations differently
- Consider social ethics from a theocentric standpoint
- Describe the impact of religious commentary on rational theology
- Examine and debate the formation of Western perceptions of Islam
- Explain how the world would be different if neither Christianity nor Islam existed
- Describe Buddhism’s central meditative practices
- Describe how modern life and old values are intertwined
- Explain how religious systems in modernized countries affect social classes
- Investigate how the industrial revolution influenced religious reform
- Describe demographic processes and how they affect religion
- Examine how the Islamic faith has influenced world politics
- Describe some of the factors that influence women’s decision to become priests
- Explain why international governments blame Islam for the Middle East’s violence
- Explain what “Indeed Unity” means in the Islamic faith
- Explain and debate feminism in the various beliefs of the world
- From the standpoint of social psychology, religion and individual viewpoints are important
- Discuss how religion has a role in international affairs
- Over the years, religious developments have occurred in the setting of scientific discoveries
- Consider how religious systems affect democracy
- Explain the tenets of Chinese Buddhism
- Consider how psychoanalysis has influenced Buddhist ideas
- Describe how religion influences societal qualities in today’s environment.
- Identify and discuss the most common misunderstandings about Isla
- Examine how religious narratives and cultural histories are related
Mentioned above are some of the most suitable topics you can consider for your religious research paper. If you need a specific sample thesis title about religion or a qualitative research title about religion , feel free to reach out to us.
How to write a religion essay
Writing a religion essay can be a challenging task for some students. To score your desired grades on the essay, you must use the proper structure and procedure. The following are some tips for writing an essay about religion :
- Avoid adding personal prejudices and ideas
Criticizing any religion is risky, but doing it from an emotional or personal perspective is worse. Remember that one person’s opinions and values may not necessarily reflect the views of the entire group.
- Structure your religion research paper appropriately
A well-structured paper is simple to read and comprehend. It will highlight your points quickly and demonstrate your methodical and planned research strategy.
- Check the credibility of your sources
There are a lot of pseudoscientific viewpoints and works on religious themes. Even if some are quality, leaving them out of your work is preferable. Check whether the source is credible before including it in your research paper.
- Investigate your religion study topics from several angles
The most incredible method to minimize prejudice in your research is to present opposing viewpoints. This will result in a well-rounded article that will use scientific approaches to religious studies rather than claiming to have a “one truth.”
- Try to set the scene
Religious writings are frequently complicated and full of symbolism. You can easily find contradictory claims in them, but you must provide context for them to convey them reasonably. This does not necessitate a recitation of the entire text; instead, you must mention the overall situation.
Religion research paper outline
Now that we have looked at suitable religion research paper topics, it is essential to learn the outline. When writing an essay on religion , use the following outline:
The thesis statement is one of the most significant elements to include in an introduction. The primary points of the work are usually contained in a thesis statement, which is usually one phrase long. An excellent thesis statement is specific and straightforward.
In other words, if a stranger (or your professor) reads your thesis statement, they figure out what your work is about. If you read your thesis statement and it doesn’t accomplish that one purpose, you should modify it.
- Body paragraphs
Generally, there are at least three body paragraphs in most essays and research papers. You may have more than three body paragraphs depending on the page length requirement specified by your teacher or professor.
Each body paragraph should have a different topic that pertains to your research essay’s main point. Begin each body paragraph with an introduction outlining the paragraphs’ primary points.
The evidence in the following sentences should back up the claim made in the first sentence of the paragraph. The final sentence should be a conclusion that neatly concludes the body paragraph.
Restating your thesis statement is one of the best methods to start your conclusion. Instead of simply quoting oneself, restate or summarize your thesis statement. Then, in one sentence, summarize each of your body paragraphs.
If you have more than three or four body paragraphs, you might just want to summarize a couple of the most important ones. Finally, conclude your conclusion paragraph with a one-sentence conclusion.
- Reference page
After completing all of your writing, it’s time to write up your reference page. MLA or APA formatting is likely required in most religious studies curricula. Make sure to place your citations in alphabetical order when creating a reference page.
The world of religion is diverted and changing daily due to advancements in technology. As a result, you can get a variety of research paper topics to write about. This article highlights 200 latest religion research paper topics to consider for your essay.
Chose a topic that is researchable and you are interested in. This will help you get motivated in your research and compile your religion research paper. Ensure you read the instructions provided by your professor well.
If you still need help selecting a specific religion research topic or writing a compelling paper, worry not. We provide essay writing services to students at affordable rates. Place your order with us now.
Why We Are the Best
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- Dedicated nursing and healthcare writers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Online Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Dissertation Writing Services
- Nursing Capstone Project Writing Services
- Best Nursing Essay Writing Company
- Best Online Nursing Assignment Help
- Nursing Term Paper Writing Services
- Nursing Report Writing Services
- Nursing Annotated Bibliography by Professional
- Nursing Essay Assignments
- Nursing Assignment Writing
- Nursing Case Study Writing Services
- Nursing Coursework Writing
- Online Nursing Research Paper writing service
- PICO Question Examples
- Nursing Thesis Writing Services
- Nursing Research Paper Writing Services
- Nursing Presentation Writing
- Terms and Conditions
- Epidemiology assignment help
- Write my nursing dissertation for Me
- Nursing Essay Writing Service
Master the basics of academic writing with our powerful guides and essay topics, prepared by the best professionals in the field. We're here to get you inspired!
154 Original Religion Research Topics
Looking for the best religion topics for your next essay? The good news is that we have just updated our list of religion topics, so you can now find 154 original topic ideas right here on this page. Of course, you can use any of our religion topics for free – no need to give us credit either. We are here to help students with the best religion research topics. In fact, all of our research topics on religion should work great in 2023.
In addition to the 154 topics on religion, we will also show you the structure of an essay that you can write in record time.
The 5 Paragraph Essay Structure
Did you know that good religious research topics are not enough to get you an A+ on your paper? The best way to make sure you get a top grade is to structure your religion research paper correctly. Here is an example of a properly structured essay:
- A bit of background information
- Thesis statement
Body Paragraph 1
- Topic sentence
- Supporting evidence
- Explanation of how evidence supports thesis
Body Paragraph 2
Body paragraph 3.
- Restate thesis
- Summary of key points
- Final thoughts or recommendations
Are you ready to choose some topics about religion or answer some thought-provoking religion research questions? Here are our 154 brand new religion topics for research paper:
Religious Research Topics for 2023
Looking for some awesome topic ideas? Here are the absolute best religious research topics for 2023:
- The role of prayer in reducing anxiety and stress
- A comparative study of the concept of forgiveness in different religions
- The impact of religious beliefs on end-of-life decision-making
- Exploring the relationship between spirituality and mental health
- A critical analysis of the role of women in different religions
- Investigating the influence of religion on ethical decision-making in business
- The relationship between religious beliefs and attitudes towards climate change
- The role of religious institutions in promoting social justice and equality
- A comparative study of the concept of afterlife in different religions
- Exploring the impact of religious education on children’s moral development
- Investigating the role of religion in promoting interfaith dialogue and understanding
- Talk about religious beliefs and political ideologies
Society and Religion Essay Topics
If you are searching for excellent society and religion essay topics, we have some of the best ideas below:
- The role of religion in shaping cultural norms
- The impact of secularism on religious institutions
- Talk about religion and various social justice movements
- The intersection of religion and politics in contemporary society
- The impact of globalization on religious diversity
- The impact of technology on religious practices
- The role of religion in promoting or hindering gender equality
- The influence of religion on education
- The impact of religious pluralism on interfaith dialogue
- The impact of religious fundamentalism on society
- The relationship between religion and mental health
- The role of religion in shaping attitudes towards environmental sustainability
- The influence of religious traditions on healthcare practices
Religion Research Paper Topics
Of course, we have more than enough religion research paper topics. Take a look at some of our ideas and take your pick:
- The effects of mindfulness practices on spiritual well-being
- A comparative analysis of the role of prophets in different religions
- The impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards sexual orientation
- Exploring the relationship between religion and addiction recovery
- Investigating the impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards death
- The role of religion in promoting environmental sustainability and conservation
- The influence of religious beliefs on attitudes towards vaccination
- The role of religious leaders in promoting peace and conflict resolution
- A comparative study of religious pilgrimage practices in different cultures
- The impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards reproductive health
- Exploring the relationship between religion and creativity
Christianity Research Paper Topics
Interested in writing about Christianity? No problem, we have plenty of Christianity research paper topics for you:
- The impact of the Protestant Reformation on Christianity
- The role of the Bible in shaping Christian theology
- An in-depth analysis of the theology of suffering
- The evolution of Christian views on same-sex relationships
- The relationship between Christianity and social justice movements
- The concept of salvation in different Christian traditions
- The role of women in Christian leadership
- The relationship between Christianity and science
- The impact of globalization on Christian identity
- The influence of Christian traditions on Western literature
- The relevance of Christian values in modern society.
Interesting Religious Topics for 2023
Want to get some bonus points? Take a look at these interesting religious topics for 2023 and choose the one you like the most:
- Investigating the role of religion in promoting community engagement and social cohesion
- A comparative study of the concept of karma in different religions
- The impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards mental illness and therapy
- Exploring the relationship between religion and political participation
- The influence of religious beliefs on attitudes towards science and technology
- A critical analysis of the role of religion in shaping gender roles and expectations
- The role of religion in promoting or inhibiting intercultural dialogue
- Investigating the impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards disability
- The relationship between religion and creativity in the arts
- The influence of religious beliefs on attitudes towards animal rights and welfare
- A comparative analysis of the concept of sin in different religions
- Exploring the role of religion in promoting or inhibiting human rights and social justice
World Religions Paper Topics
Our expert writers and editors have created a list of new world religions paper topics just for you:
- The concept of afterlife in different world religions
- The role of prayer and meditation in world religions
- The relationship between religion and violence in history
- The portrayal of women in different world religions
- The influence of Eastern religions on Western spirituality
- The role of prophets and messengers in world religions
- The concept of karma in Hinduism and Buddhism
- The evolution of religious beliefs and practices over time
- The relationship between monotheistic and polytheistic religions
- The impact of colonization on indigenous religious traditions
- The influence of world religions on art and architecture
- The role of religion in promoting or hindering social justice
Religious Research Paper Topics
If you need to write a research paper, you should choose a good topic. Here are some nice religious research paper topics for you:
- Investigating the impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards capital punishment
- The role of religion in shaping ethical and moral decision-making in medicine
- A comparative study of the concept of heaven and hell in different religions
- Exploring the relationship between religion and self-esteem
- The influence of religious beliefs on attitudes towards gender and sexuality education
- Investigating the impact of religion on attitudes towards non-human entities
- The role of religion in promoting or inhibiting economic development
- A critical analysis of the role of religion in promoting or inhibiting democracy
- The relationship between religion and the experience of grief and loss
- The impact of religious beliefs on attitudes towards organ donation and transplantation
- Exploring the role of religion in promoting or inhibiting mental health stigma
Buddhism Research Paper Topics
Check out these exceptional Buddhism research paper topics and choose the idea you like the most:
- The role of meditation in Buddhist practice
- The concept of karma in Buddhism
- The Four Noble Truths and their significance
- The life and teachings of the Buddha
- Buddhist approaches to suffering and its cessation
- The impact of Buddhism on Asian cultures
- The relationship between Buddhism and mindfulness
- Buddhist perspectives on nonviolence and peace
- The role of women in Buddhism
- The significance of impermanence in Buddhist philosophy
- Buddhist perspectives on nature and the environment
- The development of Buddhist art and architecture
Islam Research Topics
Looking for Islam research topics? No problem, we have plenty of ideas for you. Take a look at the list below:
- The life and teachings of Prophet Muhammad
- The Five Pillars of Islam and their significance
- Islamic perspectives on social justice and human rights
- Islamic mysticism and Sufism
- Islamic contributions to science and philosophy
- The role of women in Islam
- The history and significance of Islamic art and architecture
- Islamic finance and economics
- The relationship between Islam and democracy
- Islamophobia and its impact on Muslim communities
- The diversity of Islamic practice and beliefs across cultures
Theology Research Topics
Our experts created a list of wonderful theology research topics that you can write your papers about right now:
- The role of faith in promoting social justice
- The impact of religious beliefs on mental health
- The concept of salvation in different religious traditions
- The intersection of religion and politics in the modern world
- The evolving role of women in religious leadership
- The theology of suffering and the problem of evil
- The relationship between science and religion in contemporary society
- The impact of globalization on religious identity
- The concept of divine sovereignty and human free will
- The ethical implications of artificial intelligence from a theological perspective
- The theology of environmental stewardship and sustainability
Siddhartha Research Paper Topics
Here are some intriguing Siddhartha research paper topics that will absolutely impress your professor:
- The role of suffering in Siddhartha’s spiritual journey
- The symbolism of the river in Siddhartha
- The influence of Hinduism and Buddhism in Siddhartha
- The concept of enlightenment in Siddhartha
- The theme of self-discovery in Siddhartha
- The portrayal of women in Siddhartha
- The relationship between Siddhartha and Govinda
- The impact of the setting on the story of Siddhartha
- The use of language and imagery in Siddhartha
- The concept of detachment in Siddhartha
- The influence of Eastern philosophy on Western literature through Siddhartha
- The relevance of Siddhartha’s journey in modern times
Easy Religion Essay Topics
Take a look at our list of easy religion essay topics and choose the one you think will get you a top grade:
- Why do people practice religion?
- What is the role of prayer in religion?
- How do different religions celebrate holidays and festivals?
- What is the importance of pilgrimage in religion?
- What are the main beliefs of Christianity, Islam, or Buddhism?
- How does religion impact moral values and ethics?
- What is the relationship between religion and happiness?
- What is the significance of religious symbols and artifacts?
- How do religious traditions and practices vary across cultures?
- What is the impact of religion on art and literature?
- How does religion influence attitudes towards death and the afterlife?
Controversial Religion Paper Topic Ideas
Yes, we even have 12 pretty controversial religion paper topic ideas for high school and college students. Here are our best ideas:
- Should religious exemptions be allowed in healthcare and public accommodations?
- Is the practice of female genital mutilation a religious or cultural tradition?
- Should religion be taught in public schools?
- How does religion intersect with LGBTQ+ rights?
- Is it ethical to use religious beliefs to justify discrimination?
- Should religious leaders be involved in politics?
- How has religion been used to justify violence and oppression throughout history?
- Is religious conversion ever problematic or exploitative?
- What is the relationship between religion and extremism?
- Should religious organizations be tax-exempt?
- Is religious pluralism possible or desirable?
- Should religions be held accountable for their historical and present-day wrongdoings?
Get Academic Writing Assistance Now
If you need more than just research topics about religion, you should definitely get in touch with our expert academic writers. You can buy a religion essay or religion research paper from our company in minutes. Our customer support is online 24/7, even during holidays, so you can place an order at any time of day or night.
You can get an awesome religion paper in your inbox in as little as 3 hours, along with our 100% Money Back guarantee. Remember, all papers are written from scratch according to your requirements and are 100% original. What are you waiting for? Get an A+ on your next paper with our help!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Essays About Religion: Top 5 Examples and 7 Writing Prompts
Essays about religion include delicate issues and tricky subtopics. See our top essay examples and prompts to guide you in your essay writing.
With over 4,000 religions worldwide, it’s no wonder religion influences everything. It involves faith, lessons on humanity, spirituality, and moral values that span thousands of years. For some, it’s both a belief and a cultural system. As it often clashes with science, laws, and modern philosophies, it’s also a hot debate topic. Religion is a broad subject encompassing various elements of life, so you may find it a challenging topic to write an essay about it.
1. Wisdom and Longing in Islam’s Religion by Anonymous on Ivypanda.com
2. consequences of following religion blindly essay by anonymous on ivypanda.com, 3. religion: christians’ belief in god by anonymous on ivypanda.com, 4. mecca’s influence on today’s religion essay by anonymous on ivypanda.com, 5. religion: how buddhism views the world by anonymous on ivypanda.com , 1. the importance of religion, 2. pros and cons of having a religion, 3. religions across the world, 4. religion and its influence on laws, 5. religion: then and now, 6. religion vs. science, 7. my religion.
“Portraying Muslims as radical religious fanatics who deny other religions and violently fight dissent has nothing to do with true Islamic ideology. The knowledge that is presented in Islam and used by Muslims to build their worldview system is exploited in a misinterpreted form. This is transforming the perception of Islam around the world as a radical religious system that supports intolerance and conflicts.”
The author discusses their opinion on how Islam becomes involved with violence or terrorism in the Islamic states. Throughout the essay, the writer mentions the massive difference between Islam’s central teachings and the terrorist groups’ dogma. The piece also includes a list of groups, their disobediences, and punishments.
This essay looks at how these brutalities have nothing to do with Islam’s fundamental ideologies. However, the context of Islam’s creeds is distorted by rebel groups like The Afghan mujahideen, Jihadis, and Al-Qa’ida. Furthermore, their activities push dangerous narratives that others use to make generalized assumptions about the entire religion. These misleading generalizations lead to misunderstandings amongst other communities, particularly in the western world. However, the truth is that these terrorist groups are violating Islamic doctrine.
“Following religion blindly can hinder one’s self-actualization and interfere with self-development due to numerous constraints and restrictions… Blind adherence to religion is a factor that does not allow receiving flexible education and adapting knowledge to different areas.”
The author discusses the effects of blindly following a religion and mentions that it can lead to difficulties in self-development and the inability to live independently. These limitations affect a person’s opportunity to grow and discover oneself. Movies like “ The Da Vinci Code ” show how fanatical devotion influences perception and creates constant doubt.
“…there are many religions through which various cultures attain their spiritual and moral bearings to bring themselves closer to a higher power (deity). Different religions are differentiated in terms of beliefs, customs, and purpose and are similar in one way or the other.”
The author discusses how religion affects its followers’ spiritual and moral values and mentions how deities work in mysterious ways. The essay includes situations that show how these supreme beings test their followers’ faith through various life challenges. Overall, the writer believes that when people fully believe in God, they can be stronger and more capable of coping with the difficulties they may encounter.
“Mecca represents a holy ground that the majority of the Muslims visit; and is only supposed to be visited by Muslims. The popularity of Mecca has increased the scope of its effects, showing that it has an influence on tourism, the financial aspects of the region and lastly religion today.”
The essay delves into Mecca’s contributions to Saudi Arabia’s tourism and religion. It mentions tourism rates peaking during Hajj, a 5-day Muslim pilgrimage, and visitors’ sense of spiritual relief and peace after the voyage. Aside from its tremendous touristic benefits, it also brings people together to worship Allah. You can also check out these essays about values and articles about beliefs .
“Buddhism is seen as one of the most popular and widespread religions on the earth the reason of its pragmatic and attractive philosophies which are so appealing for people of the most diversified backgrounds and ways of thinking .”
To help readers understand the topic, the author explains Buddhism’s worldviews and how Siddhatta Gotama established the religion that’s now one of the most recognized on Earth. It includes teachings about the gift of life, novel thinking, and philosophies based on his observations. Conclusively, the author believes that Buddhism deals with the world as Gotama sees it.
Check out our guide packed full of transition words for essays .
7 Prompts on Essays About Religion
Religion’s importance is embedded in an individual or group’s interpretation of it. They hold on to their faith for various reasons, such as having an idea of the real meaning of life and offering them a purpose to exist. Use this prompt to identify and explain what makes religion a necessity. Make your essay interesting by adding real-life stories of how faith changed someone’s life.
Although religion offers benefits such as positivity and a sense of structure, there are also disadvantages that come with it. Discuss what’s considered healthy and destructive when people follow their religion’s gospels and why. You can also connect it to current issues. Include any personal experience you have.
Religion’s prevalence exhibits how it can significantly affect one’s daily living. Use this prompt to discuss how religions across the world differ from one another when it comes to beliefs and if traditions or customs influence them. It’s essential to use relevant statistical data or surveys in this prompt to support your claims and encourage your readers to trust your piece.
There are various ways religion affects countries’ laws as they adhere to moral and often humanitarian values. Identify each and discuss how faith takes part in a nation’s decision-making regarding pressing matters. You can focus on one religion in a specific location to let the readers concentrate on the case. A good example is the latest abortion issue in the US, the overturning of “Wade vs. Roe.” Include people’s mixed reactions to this subject and their justifications.
In this essay, talk about how the most widespread religions’ principles or rituals changed over time. Then, expound on what inspired these changes. Add the religion’s history, its current situation in the country, and its old and new beliefs. Elaborate on how its members clash over these old and new principles. Conclude by sharing your opinion on whether the changes are beneficial or not.
There’s a never-ending debate between religion and science. List the most controversial arguments in your essay and add which side you support and why. Then, open discourse about how these groups can avoid quarreling. You can also discuss instances when religion and science agreed or worked together to achieve great results.
Use this prompt if you’re a part of a particular religion. Even if you don’t believe in faith, you can still take this prompt and pick a church you’ll consider joining. Share your personal experiences about your religion. Add how you became a follower, the beliefs that helped you through tough times, and why you’re staying as an active member in it. You can also speak about miraculous events that strengthen your faith. Or you can include teachings that you disagree with and think needs to be changed or updated.
For help with your essay, check out our top essay writing tips !
Maria Caballero is a freelance writer who has been writing since high school. She believes that to be a writer doesn't only refer to excellent syntax and semantics but also knowing how to weave words together to communicate to any reader effectively.
View all posts
- Study Documents
- Writing Guides
- Citation Generator
- Flash Card Generator
- Religion Essays
Religion Essays (Examples)
1000+ documents containing “religion” .
Filter by Keywords:(add comma between each)
Religion -- books of the old and.
Religion -- Books of the Old and New Testaments The Bible contains many types of genres, themes, events and characters illustrating the seeds of Christianity in the Old Testament and the Old Testament's fulfillment by Jesus and the young Christian Church of the New Testament. Using the genres of epic and simple narratives, law, prophecy, wisdom, pastoral letters and apocalyptic expression, both Testaments show the struggle of ordinary people trying to understand God and build their relationships with Him. Beginning with the Old Testament, how their understanding of God grew from that of a tribal god to the universal, loving God. Old Testament Exodus The book of Exodus is written in the basic epic narrative genre. The book and flows from Genesis into the designation of Israelites as God's people and His salvation of His people from earthly powers. The key themes/purposes/personalities/issues of Exodus are: describing signs and wonders, including the Plagues, which oses….
Mark is written in the basic genre of a narrative Gospel. Mark is believed to be the first written of the four Gospels despite the fact that it comes second in the order of Gospels. In many ways, is the simplest and most straightforward in its telling of Jesus' life, which has led some scholars to believe that it was written the closest in time to the actual life of Jesus. The key themes/purposes/personalities/issues are: the Messianic Secret, which consists of Jesus' exhortation to his followers to keep his mission as Messiah unrevealed to others; the suffering of the Messiah who reveals his Messianic mission to the people and arouses their anger against him because of his true revelations of his mission; the fact that the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus as Messiah casts its shadow over the entire course of Jesus' adult mission to the people; the Church of the risen Jesus being Israel's genuine successor in God's providence (Browning, 1997; Harbin, 2005, p. 334).
Acts is written in the basic narrative genre and recounts the gospel's spread from its Jewish small beginnings to Rome, which is the very seat of the greatest worldly power of that time. The book's key themes/purposes/personalities/issues are: Luke's testimony and Paul's guidance; the continued and, in some ways, renewed hope for the second coming of Jesus, the Messiah; the growth
Religion and Society Religion Is Defined as
eligion and Society eligion is defined as an organized collection of belief systems, views about the universe, or cultural systems that humans use to relate spiritual and moral values to their lives. Many religions have symbols, traditions, and histories that explain the origin of life, the way the universe works, and the moral, ethical and legal ways to organize human life (De Vries, ed., 2008). While the exact origin of religion is unknown, anthropologists suggest that it evolved to both explain the nature of humanity and the universe and to allow for a basic degree of organization within society: Many of the great world religions appear to have begun as revitalization movements of some sort, as the vision of a charismatic prophet fires the imaginations of people seeking a more comprehensive answer to their problems than they feel is provided by everyday beliefs. Charismatic individuals have emerged at many times and places….
Akhenaton's Longer Hymn to the Aton. (n.d.) Trans. J. Breasted. Retrieved from: http://www.brainfly.net/html/books/aton.htm
Abulafia, D. (1988). Frederick II: A Medieval Emperor. New York: Oxford University Press.
Armstrong, K. (2001). Holy War -- The Crusades and Their Impact on Today's World, 2nd ed. New York: Anchor Books.
DeVries, H., ed. (2008). Religion: Beyond a Concept. Bronx, NY: Fordham University Press.
Religion in Indonesia Islam in
A key celebration in the village invites a festive dance in which the performers fall into a stupor and try to stab themselves with knives (Heinrich, 2005 p. 78). Rituals in life are pertinent events for religious display and artistic expression. Events of puberty, marriage life and burial offer opportunities for alinese to express their notions regarding statuses, society and the afterlife. The alinese denomination organizes their faith in a hierarchical manner with a small portion of the aristocracy, the rahmans or priestly classes being the highest in rank. rahman priests have no association with any temple but act as spiritual figures, leaders and advisors to families in several homesteads distributed throughout the island. People consult the priests when celebratory events requiring holy anointment water emerge. In other instances, individuals may hire doctors and traditional healers. uddhism in Indonesia uddhism in Indonesia in the 1990 period was the unbalanced product of intricate….
Esposito, J. (2000). Islam in Asia: Religion, Politics and Society, Oxford: Oxford University Press on Demand.
Vroom, H. (2002) Religion, Conflict and Reconciliation: Multifaith Ideals and Realities, Amsterdam: Rodopi.
Intan, B. (2006) Public Religion and the Pancasila-based State of Indonesia: An Ethical and Sociological Analysis, Alexandria: Peter Lang.
Heinrich, S. (2005) Key into Indonesia, Melbourne: Curriculum Press.
Religion Vocabulary Christianity Citing Your Sources &Bull
eligion Vocabulary, Christianity: citing your sources: • Gospel -- pertains to one of the first four books of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), or refers more generally to the life and teachings of Jesus (Babylon) • parable -- a "symbolic story" that teaches a moral or religious lesson (Babylon) • baptism -- initiation into Christianity via ritual submergence in water (Babylon) • trinity -- group of three; in Christianity, referring particularly to the theological trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Babylon) • creed -- belief, usually religious; personal faith (Babylon) • eucharist or communion -- Christian ceremony commemorating the Last Supper (Babylon) • ecumenical -- referring to the Church, worldwide or universal nature (Babylon) • bishop -- "church official who oversees a number of Christian churches," (Babylon) • heresy -- beliefs that contrast with the established religion (Babylon) • schism -- faction or division, generally into two "opposing parties," as in the East-West schism of the Church….
Babylon Dictionary. Retrieved online: http://dictionary.babylon.com/
BBC Religion. Retrieved online: http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/easter.shtml
Bible: NIV ( http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1&version=NIV )
Fairchild, M. (n.d.). Basic Christian beliefs. About.com. Retrieved online: http://christianity.about.com/od/christiandoctrines/a/basicdoctrines.htm
Religion and Politics Religion Today
Examples where religion has become intersected with politics are present throughout the entire history, and in more recent years, include the debates on same sex marriages or on abortion. A more specific look at the relationship between politics and religion has revealed at least three points of intersection -- the role of churches, the evolution of human rights and the emergence and impacts of religious conflicts. In terms of the role of churches, these generally insufflate moral ideals and values to their churchgoers, which in turn become more involved in the political act and strive to implement the norms of morality and dignity. On the other hand however, by promoting these values at a community level and becoming engaged in voluntary work for churches, individuals miss out on the political practice. Secondly, in terms of human rights, these have been forwarded by religion and have evolved in the same ascendant….
Bruce, I., January 25, 2008, 72,000 American Casualties: Toll of War on Terror, the Herald (Scotland Herald)
Campbell, D.E., 2004, Acts of Faith: Churches and Political Engagement, Political Behavior, Vol. 26, No. 2
Demerath, N.J., 2007, Introduction: Religion, Politics and the State, at Home and Abroad, Sociology of Religion, Vol. 68
Rieffer, B.A., 2006, Religion, Politics and Human Rights: Understanding the Role of Christianity in the Promotion of Human Rights, Human Rights and Human Welfare, Vol. 6
Religion This Work Looks at
' eligion is belief in the existence of a supreme being while science is a study to explain the how. The main conflict of these two disciplines begins with the concept of life. eligion explains that God is the creator and giver of life, whereas scientists argue that life evolved from a microorganism. The debate between religion and science is highly controversial but I choose to take the stand of the integrative advocates who believe the two are one and only different artificially. This is through an attempt to understand God and His works through reason. Chardin, 1955 argues that science shows that there has been a progressive evolution from the simplest life forms to humans today. This means that history blends with a Christian vision to see future development to even higher development like the Omega Point. Human beings are free individuals who chose to have faith in a supreme being.….
Stringer, M.D. (2011). Contemporary western ethnography and the definition of religion.
Platvoet, J.G., & Molendijk, A.L. (1999). The pragmatics of defining religion: Contexts, concepts and contests. Leiden: Brill.
Hare, J.E. (2009). God and morality: A philosophical history. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell.
Religion and War Religion Has Been and
Religion and ar Religion has been, and will continue to be, a cause of war. It is the purpose of this paper to demonstrate how religion, but more precisely faith-based thinking, has been used to foment violence and cause war. To understand the role that religion has played in sparking violence and causing nations, tribes, etc. To go to war, one must first understand what exactly war is. One of the best approaches to understanding war, and the components of war, was articulated by Carl Von Clausewitz in his seminal work On ar. In his book, Clausewitz defines his trinity model of war, also known as the "remarkable trinity." That is, Clausewitz argues that war consists of three distinct forces (1) primordial violence, hatred, and enmity; (2) the play of chance and probability; and (3) war's element of subordination to rational policy" (Bassford, 2011). Here one will notice the Hegelian dialectical format in….
Bassford, C. (2011). Tip-Toe Through the Trinity. Clausewitz.com. Retrieved from http://www.clausewitz.com/readings/Bassford/Trinity/Trinity8.htm
Clausewitz, C.V. (1982). On War. New York: Penguin Classics.
Dawkins, R. (2006). The God Delusion. New York: Bantam Books.
Weinberg, S. (1999). Address at the Conference on Cosmic Design. American Association for the Advancement of Science. Washington, D.C.
Religion vs Science The Issue
"Embryo cloning is the technology that would make the creation of eugenically engineered 'designer babies' commercially feasible." (Darnovsky M. 2002) This also relates to the growing concern in some quarters that technologies such as stem cell manipulation can be subject to abuse. "Many disability rights activists argue that it is being used in a misguided search for 'perfect' babies, and many feminists voice concern about its use to satisfy 'gender preference'." (Darnovsky M. 2002) There is therefore, from a religious point-of-view, strong objection to this new technology from many large churches, particularly the Catholic Church. From a conservative religious perspective stem cell research and the cloning of body parts are seen to be tantamount to saying that man can create himself instead of God. This means that man and not God becomes the creator; which obviously undermines the foundations of many of the world's prominent theologies. Therefore many who are opposed….
Antiaging. December 5, 2006. http://www.antiagings.co.uk/
Darnovsky M. Embryo Cloning and Beyond. December 5, 2006. http://www.genetics-and-society.org/resources/cgs/200207_tikkun_darnovsky.html
Goldenberg S. Religious right fights science for the heart of America. 2005.
December 6, 2006. http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1407422,00.html
Religion as a Determinant in
9%-11.2% while the proportion of Hindus decreased from 84.9%-82.7%. He could not attribute the proportional changes to differences in migration or mortality, but to differences in fertility. Census and survey data show fertility is higher among Muslims than among Hindus, he claims. The total marital fertility rate for Muslim women was 11% higher in urban areas and 20% higher in rural areas than the rate for Hindus in those same areas, according to the 1971 census data. Even when education was controlled, the Muslim rate was higher. The 11 demographic survey findings reveal consistently higher fertility rates for Muslims than Hindus. When education and socioeconomic factors were controlled, studies demonstrated that differences narrowed yet remained. alasubramanian claims that one of three hypotheses is generally used to explain the differences. The first hypothesis attributes the fertility differences to background or socioeconomic characteristics of the two populations, but this explanation can not be….
Adsera, Alicia. "
Marital fertility and religion: recent changes in Spain,"
IZA Discussion Papers 1399, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA). 2004.
Balasubramanian, K. "Hindu-Muslim differentials in fertility and population growth in India: role of proximate variables." Artha Vijnana 26 Sep. 1984: 189-216.
Religion Is Truly a Lived Experience In
Religion is truly a lived experience. In today's volatile world, with world events hinging on various interpretations of religious texts perhaps more than in any other time in human history save, perhaps, during the Crusades, humanity is increasingly aware that religion is not a stoic object of study. Rather, it is a living breathing force in which we live and which inhabits us, whether we seek it or not. Robert Orsi's edited work, "Gods of the City," provides vivid evidence of how and why religion is a lived experience. The best example of this, perhaps, lies in Karen McCarthy Brown's "Ecological Dissonance and Ritual Accommodation in Haitian Vodou." Here, Brown chronicle the unique religious subtexts and culture of Haitians living in New York. Mama Lola, a Brooklyn Vodou priestess I have worked with for more than fifteen years, originally thought that her move away from Haiti would be a move away from….
Religion and Politics Have Long
This means that there must be some correlation between religion and politics. Indeed Keddie (2003) asserts that there is an aversion to the word secular and that most countries that try to embrace this idea are not content. According to Carroll (2003) this inevitable link between religion and politics forces the question of whether or not the world would be better off without religion. The author asserts that misconceptions about religion have caused a great deal of turmoil and war. As such societies around the world might be better off if religion did not exist. However, te author also understands that to "ask such a question from within a religious tradition is like asking, ould the world be better off without desire ? (Carroll, 2003) Throughout the article Carroll presents a rather dramatic analysis of the manner in which the relationship between religion and politics should be handled in society. The….
Carroll J. (2003) Why Religion Still Matters Author(s): Source: Daedalus, Vol. 132, No. 3, on Secularism & Religion (Summer, 2003), pp. 9-13
Keddie N.R.(2003) Secularism & Its Discontents. Daedalus, Vol. 132, No. 3, on Secularism & Religion, pp. 14-30
Marty M.E. Our Religio-Secular World. (2003) Daedalus, Vol. 132, No. 3, on Secularism & Religion (Summer, 2003), pp. 42-48
Tosteson D.C. (2003) Unhealthy Beliefs: Religion & the Plague of War Author(s): Daedalus, Vol. 132, No. 3, on Secularism & Religion (Summer, 2003), pp. 80-82
Religion Is a Multifaceted Social
My personality also plays a major role in my personal religious development. eligion may have been part of my identity when I was younger, but has since played a more minor role in how I present myself to the world. On the other hand, religion plays a more salient role in my metaphysical and cosmological beliefs. I appreciate the role of religion in helping human beings ask probing questions about the nature of the universe, the soul, and human consciousness. While I do not feel that religion has all the answers to such serious questions, I do like how religion attempts to address them. eligious traditions occasionally become the symbolic vehicles with which to contemplate mystical issues. For example, the holiday of Easter asks all Christians to ponder the meaning of life and death and the possibility of resurrection. A person does not have to be a Christian to appreciate….
Gottlieb, R. (1995). This Sacred Earth: Religion, Nature, and Environment. Routledge.
Robinson, B.A. (2005). Comparing U.S. religious beliefs with other "Christian" countries. Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance. Retrieved April 11, 2009 from http://www.religioustolerance.org/rel_comp.htm
Stone, D. (2009). One Nation Under God? Newsweek. Retrieved April 11, 2009 from http://www.newsweek.com/id/192915?from=rss
Religion in Tokyo in the 18th and Early 19th Century
Religion in Tokyo in the 18th and Early 19th Centuries Religion plays an important part in the lives of everyone. It is especially important in the various stages of life such as births, weddings, and funerals. It also plays an important role in the lives of many people on a daily basis. In Tokyo today, there are four major religions: Shinto, Buddhism, Christianity, and another group comprised of various new religions. Confucianism was another major religion at one time, but it had primarily died out by the Tokugawa period. Of these, Shinto is the religion most closely associated with the indigenous peoples of Japan. The others were introduced later. Among these are many cross influences and it is at times difficult to distinguish the roots of these new versions of religion in Tokyo. According to the University of Texas, Shinto and Buddhism are by far the most popular, both in number….
Ask Asia. "Timeline of Japanese History. http://www.askasia.org/frclasrm/readings/t000013.htm . Accessed June 2002.
Japan-Zone.com. "Shinto. http://www.japan-zone.com/omnibus/shinto.shtml . Accessed June
Nelson, John. "Religion, History, and the State Japan Faculty." University of Texas, Austin
2002. http://inic.utexas.edu/asnic/countries/japan/religionhisndstate.html. Accessed June 2002.
Religion and Spiritualitys Influence on
(Szaflarski, M., Ritchey, P.N., Leonard, a., Mrus, J.M., Peterman, a. And Tsevat, J. ) Generally speaking, the researchers in the area of health psychology who focused their attention upon the argument under discussion agree that there is a positive connection which can be established between mental health (supported by spirituality) and physical health. However, it must be mentioned that in numerous studies, the religious and spiritual factors did not succeed in having a strongly relevant impact upon people's health. Community support has proved to be a strong influencing factor (especially in the cases of people who had been diagnosed with HIV / AIDS). Under these circumstances we ought to consider spirituality in its broader sense as well, and not just the one closely connected with religion. Or we could simply consider religion and religious beliefs as an enhancer and supporter of spiritual practices which a lot of people with sensitive health….
JAMA and Archives Journals (2007, April 10). "Most Physicians Believe That Religion Influences Patients' Health." ScienceDaily. Retrieved June 24, 2010, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070409164931.htm
Medical News Today ( 2006, May 29). "Positive influences of religion and spirituality on blood pressure." MedicalNewsToday. Retrieved June 24, 2010 from http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/44202.php
Savage, Allan. (2004, July- September). "The link between spirituality and health: holistic outcomes and religious practice in clinical health care." Quodibet Journal, Vol. 6, Number 3. Retrieved June 24, 2010 from http://www.quodlibet.net/articles/savage-spirituality.shtml
Szaflarski, M., Ritchey, P.N., Leonard, a., Mrus, J.M., Peterman, a. And Tsevat, J. (2005, August 12) "Modelling the effects of spirituality/religion on patients' perceptions of living with HIV / AIDS." Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association, Marriott Hotel, Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA Online . Retrieved June 24, 2010 from http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p23047_index.html
Religion the Cuban Community in South Florida
eligion The Cuban community in South Florida has evolved customs and a culture all its own. Central to those customs and cultural expressions is religion. Whether Sephardic Jew or Catholic, the Cuban in South Florida is touched by religion in all aspects of his or her life. Family gatherings and community celebrations are often organized around religious events, holidays, or rituals. This is true for any religious community, but for this research I was most interested in penetrating one of South Florida's most mysterious and maligned religious tradition. Of course, I am referring to Santeria. Since the first wave of Cuban exiles began to arrive in South Florida in the 1960s, Santeria became part of the local community. When dead chickens started to show up in greater numbers than before, a local ban was placed on the religion, which relies on animal sacrifice as a fundamental part of its rites. The issue….
1997. Santeria from Africa to the New World: The Dead Sell Memories. Indiana University Press.
Brown, David H.
2003. Santeria Enthroned: Art, Ritual, and Innovation in an Afro-Cuban Religion. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Mythology - Religion
Religion -- Books of the Old and New Testaments The Bible contains many types of genres, themes, events and characters illustrating the seeds of Christianity in the Old Testament and…
eligion and Society eligion is defined as an organized collection of belief systems, views about the universe, or cultural systems that humans use to relate spiritual and moral values to…
A key celebration in the village invites a festive dance in which the performers fall into a stupor and try to stab themselves with knives (Heinrich, 2005 p.…
eligion Vocabulary, Christianity: citing your sources: • Gospel -- pertains to one of the first four books of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), or refers more generally to…
Examples where religion has become intersected with politics are present throughout the entire history, and in more recent years, include the debates on same sex marriages or on…
' eligion is belief in the existence of a supreme being while science is a study to explain the how. The main conflict of these two disciplines begins with the…
Religion and ar Religion has been, and will continue to be, a cause of war. It is the purpose of this paper to demonstrate how religion, but more precisely faith-based…
"Embryo cloning is the technology that would make the creation of eugenically engineered 'designer babies' commercially feasible." (Darnovsky M. 2002) This also relates to the growing concern in…
9%-11.2% while the proportion of Hindus decreased from 84.9%-82.7%. He could not attribute the proportional changes to differences in migration or mortality, but to differences in fertility. Census and…
Religion is truly a lived experience. In today's volatile world, with world events hinging on various interpretations of religious texts perhaps more than in any other time in human…
This means that there must be some correlation between religion and politics. Indeed Keddie (2003) asserts that there is an aversion to the word secular and that most…
My personality also plays a major role in my personal religious development. eligion may have been part of my identity when I was younger, but has since played a…
Religion in Tokyo in the 18th and Early 19th Centuries Religion plays an important part in the lives of everyone. It is especially important in the various stages of life…
(Szaflarski, M., Ritchey, P.N., Leonard, a., Mrus, J.M., Peterman, a. And Tsevat, J. ) Generally speaking, the researchers in the area of health psychology who focused their attention upon…
eligion The Cuban community in South Florida has evolved customs and a culture all its own. Central to those customs and cultural expressions is religion. Whether Sephardic Jew or Catholic,…