Essay on Gallantry Award Winners
India is the land of heroes. There have been innumerable heroes who have made India what it is today. Whether talking about the fight for independence or securing the borders of the country every day, we have so many heroes in this country. These individuals have shown incredible bravery and heroism in the face of hardship. Their extraordinary work needs extraordinary respect and honor. To appreciate these people and their work, the government of India greets them with gallantry awards. To know more about this award, let us discuss today Gallantry Awards Winners in detail.
Gallantry Award Winners Essay in English
Here, we are presenting long and short essays on Gallantry Award Winners in English for students under word limits of 100 – 150 Words, 200 – 250 words, and 500 – 600 words. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English. These provided essays will also be helpful for students to write essay, speech, or paragraphs on this topic.
10 Lines Essay on Gallantry Award Winners (100-120 Words)
1) Gallantry awards are given to people who have done brave things in extreme situations.
2) These honors are granted to military and civilian heroes for wartime and bravery.
3) The gallantry award winners are seen as role models and symbols of national pride.
4) This award is given out twice a year, on Republic Day and Independence Day.
5) The gallantry award winners are honored with a medal, certificate, and money.
6) The President of India gives the gallantry award to the recipients.
7) The extremely prestigious Param Vir Chakra is India’s greatest gallantry award.
8) The government of India provides a pension to the gallantry award winners.
9) Vikram Batra, Neerja Bhanot, Sanjay Kumar, etc are some gallantry award winners.
10) Gallantry award winners are the inspirations for the future generations.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners (250-300 Words)
Gallantry awards are given to people who have shown great courage and bravery in defense of their country. These honors recognize and commemorate their unselfish dedication to saving lives and accomplishing extraordinary tasks despite enormous circumstances.
What is Gallantry Award?
Individuals who have shown extraordinary bravery in situations of danger are honored with gallantry awards. Military soldiers, police officers, firefighters, and civilians who display extraordinary bravery in the line of duty are recognized with these medals. They are a sign of the extraordinary courage and dedication of the people who get them. Recipients are seen as the best examples of bravery, and their acts of kindness have inspired generations. There are six kinds of Gallantry awards, and they are given out twice a year on Republic Day and Independence Day.
Significance of Gallantry Award
India’s gallantry awards are very significant not just for the people who get them but for the whole country. They remind us of the efforts our military and security forces have made to protect the integrity of our country. Some of the gallantry award winners are: Captain Vikram Batra (Param Vir Chakra), Mitali Madhumita (Sena Medal), Lieutenant Colonel Dhan Singh Thapa (Param Vir Chakra), Neerja Bhanot (Ashoka Chakra), Kamlesh Kumari (Kirti Chakra), Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan (Ashoka Chakra), etc.
It is important to recognize and appreciate the achievements of people who have won a gallantry award as they represent the finest qualities in humanity. Their actions make us want to reach for greatness and always stand up for what’s right, no matter how hard things get. Gallantry awards honor these extraordinary people and make sure that their brave actions will never be forgotten.
Long Essay on Gallantry Award Winners (500 Words)
The Government of India created Gallantry Awards to recognize the bravery and sacrifice of soldiers and members of the Armed Forces and civilians. Gallantry awards are highly esteemed honors that recognize individuals who have displayed exceptional courage and bravery in the face of danger.
Types of Gallantry Award
The Gallantry Awards are meant to show that brave and selfless actions by officers are honored. Each reward consists of a medal, monetary award, letter of congratulations, and shawl. The gallantry award is divided into two categories and has six medals under it. They are: Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Ashoka Chakra, Kirti Chakra and Shaurya Chakra. Each year, these 6 bravery awards and a few others are given to people who have done great things for the country.
History of Gallantry Award
The origins of gallantry awards in India can be traced back to the colonial era. However, following India’s independence, the government sought to establish its own honors system. Consequently, the Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, and Vir Chakra were introduced on January 26, 1950.After that, three more awards for bravery—the Ashoka Chakra Class-I, the Ashoka Chakra Class-II, and the Ashoka Chakra Class-III, were made in 1952, but they were considered to have been in place since August 15, 1947. In January 1967, these awards were given new names: Ashoka Chakra, Kirti Chakra, and Shaurya Chakra.
Eligibility and Selection for Gallantry Award
To be eligible for a gallantry award, individuals must display remarkable bravery and courage in the dangerous situation. The recommendations for gallantry awards are proposed by the concerned military formation or government department and forwarded to the appropriate authorities for review and approval. The Indian government decides who gets the awards after talking with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) about their skills. The awards could be given to a person while they were still alive or after they had died.
Winners of Gallantry Award
Some of the most famous recipients of the gallantly awards are:
Major Somnath Sharma: Major Somnath Sharma was the first person to get India’s greatest military honor, the Param Vir Chakra, after he died.
Major Sandeep Unni krishnan: Sandeep Unni krishnan was an officer in the Indian Army who died in the terrorist attacks on Mumbai on November 26, 2011. On January 26, 2009, he was given the Ashoka Chakra.
Captain Vikram Batra: Vikram Batra served as an officer in the Indian Army. For his bravery during the Kargil War, he was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra on July 7, 1999.
NeerjaBhanot: Neerja died to save passengers from a plane hijack. The Ashoka Chakra was given to her for her hard effort.
Gallantry awards hold a special place in India’s history and serve as an example to the indomitable spirit and bravery of its citizens. The recipients of gallantry awards represent bravery and serve as an inspiration to others. They show bravery, selflessness, and dedication, and they remind us of the huge sacrifices people made to protect their country and its people.
I hope the above provided essay on Gallantry Award Winner will be helpful in understanding the importance of India’s highest civilian honor and its winners.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Gallantry Award Winners
Ans. Major Somnath Sharma was the first member of the 44th Battalion Kumaon Regiment to be given the Paramvir Chakra. On November 3, 1947, he was given an award. He got the award after he died.
Ans. Yogendra Yadav became the youngest person to win the Param Vir Chakra. He is the youngest person who has ever been given the Param Vir Chakra. During the Kargil war, he was a member of the 18 Grenadiers Battalion. He was given this honor because he was brave and helped capture the Tiger hill area on July 4, 1999.
Ans. Wing Commander Deepika Misra was given a gallantry award for being the first woman officer in the Indian Air Force to do something brave. The VayuSena Medal (Gallantry) was given to her for showing “exceptional courage” during a flood rescue operation in Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Ans. On the occasion of Independence Day 2023, President Smt Droupadi Murmu approved 76 Gallantry awards, including nine posthumous honors, for personnel of the Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces.
Ans. In India, the Param Vir Chakra and Mahavir Chakra are the two highest gallantry awards. The Param Vir Chakra is given to people who have shown great bravery in battle. The Maha Vir Chakra is India’s second-highest military honor. It is given for acts of bravery that stand out in the face of the enemy on land, at water, or in the air.
Essay on digital india, cashless india essay, essay on child is father of the man, essay on causes, effects and prevention of corona virus, essay on dr. sarvepalli radhakrishnan, durga puja essay, essay on summer vacation, essay on my plans for summer vacation, essay on holiday.
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner & Kargil War Hero – Download PDF
Published by team sy on september 15, 2023 september 15, 2023.
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner: In the annals of India’s military history, few names shine as brightly as Captain Vikram Batra’s. A gallantry award winner and a hero of the Kargil War, Captain Vikram Batra’s life story is one of unwavering courage, indomitable spirit, and the ultimate sacrifice for his nation. In this article, we delve into the inspiring journey of Captain Vikram Batra, a man who personified the highest ideals of heroism and patriotism. From his early days, marked by a deep sense of duty, to his fearless leadership on the battlefield, we explore the extraordinary life that has left an enduring legacy. Join us as we pay tribute to this remarkable individual, whose courage and selflessness continue to inspire generations and serve as a symbol of the undying spirit of heroism. This is an essay on Captain Vikram Batra, a gallantry award winner and Kargil War hero, whose story is a testament to the values that make a true hero.
Table of Contents
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner – 150 Words
Captain Vikram Batra, a true hero and gallantry award winner, left an indelible mark on the annals of Indian military history. Born on September 9, 1974, in Palampur, India, he displayed exceptional courage during the Kargil War of 1999.
Captain Batra’s defining moment came during the capture of Point 5140, a strategically important peak in the Kargil sector. His fearless leadership and determination inspired his comrades as he led them in the face of heavy enemy fire. It was during this operation that he famously exclaimed, “Yeh Dil Maange More” (This heart craves for more), displaying his indomitable spirit.
Tragically, Captain Vikram Batra made the ultimate sacrifice for his country on July 7, 1999, while saving a fellow soldier. His selflessness and unwavering commitment to the nation earned him the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest wartime gallantry award.
Captain Batra’s legacy continues to inspire generations, reminding us that true heroes are those who put the safety and well-being of their comrades and country above all else. His bravery and sacrifice will forever be etched in our hearts.
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner – 300 Words
Captain Vikram Batra was a young Indian Army officer who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military decoration, for his bravery during the Kargil War in 1999. He was known by his nickname, “Shershaah”, which means “Lionheart”.
Batra was born in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India, in 1974. He was a bright and motivated student, and he joined the Indian Army after graduating from college. He was commissioned as an officer in the 13th Battalion of the Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry.
During the Kargil War, Batra was deployed to the Drass sector. He led his men in a series of daring attacks against the Pakistani positions on Tiger Hill and Point 4875. He was wounded several times, but he refused to give up.
On July 7, 1999, Batra was killed in action while leading his men to capture Point 4875. He was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his bravery and leadership.
Batra is a national hero in India. He is remembered for his courage, determination, and patriotism. He is an inspiration to all who know his story.
Here are some of the values that Captain Batra embodied:
Courage : He was always willing to put himself in danger to protect his country and his fellow soldiers. Leadership : He was a natural leader who inspired his men to follow him into battle. Determination : He never gave up, even in the face of great adversity. Patriotism : He was a true patriot who was willing to sacrifice his life for his country.
Captain Batra is an inspiration to us all. He showed us that anything is possible if we have the courage to dream big and the determination to never give up.
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner – 750 Words
Courage : Batra was always willing to put himself in danger to protect his country and his fellow soldiers. He once said, “Yeh dil maange more” (This heart wants more), which became his motto. Leadership : Batra was a natural leader who inspired his men to follow him into battle. He was always calm and collected under pressure, and he always put the needs of his men first. Determination : Batra never gave up, even in the face of great adversity. He once led his men in a night attack against a heavily fortified Pakistani position, even though he was wounded in the leg. Patriotism : Batra was a true patriot who was willing to sacrifice his life for his country. He once said, “I will either come back with a flag, or on a flag.”
Captain Batra is an inspiration to us all. He showed us that anything is possible if we have the courage to dream big and the determination to never give up. He is a reminder that we should always be willing to stand up for what we believe in, even in the face of danger.
Batra’s story is a testament to the power of the human spirit. He was a young man who achieved great things, and he left a lasting legacy behind. He is a true hero, and his story will be told for generations to come.
In addition to the values mentioned above, Batra also embodied the following values:
Selflessness : Batra was always willing to put the needs of others before his own. He once said, “I am not a hero. I am just a soldier who is doing his duty.”
Humility : Batra was a humble man who never sought the spotlight. He was always quick to praise his men and downplay his own accomplishments.
Discipline : Batra was a disciplined soldier who always followed orders. He was also a strict disciplinarian, and he expected his men to live up to the highest standards.
Captain Batra was a true role model for all of us. He was a man of courage, determination, patriotism, selflessness, humility, and discipline. He is an inspiration to us all, and his story will continue to inspire future generations.
Essay on Captain Vikram Batra Gallantry Award Winner – 1000 Words
The story of Captain Vikram Batra is one that epitomizes heroism, valor, and unwavering dedication to duty. Born on September 9, 1974, in Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, Captain Vikram Batra left an indelible mark on Indian military history through his extraordinary courage and sacrifice during the Kargil War of 1999. His life and actions continue to inspire generations, making him a true icon of gallantry and selflessness.
Early Life and Inspiration
Vikram Batra’s journey to becoming a gallantry award winner began in his hometown of Palampur. Raised in a family that cherished patriotism and service to the nation, young Vikram was instilled with a deep sense of duty from an early age. His father, Mr. G.L. Batra, had served in the Indian Army, and his stories of valor and sacrifice deeply influenced Vikram. It was from his father that he imbibed the values of discipline, integrity, and love for the country.
The Journey to Joining the Indian Military Academy
Vikram Batra’s aspiration to join the armed forces was crystal clear. He pursued his education at D.A.V. College in Chandigarh and later secured admission to the prestigious Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun. His journey to IMA was not without its challenges, but his determination and resolve were unshakable. He was a diligent cadet, known for his unwavering commitment to excellence.
The Kargil War and the Battle for Point 5140
The year 1999 marked a pivotal moment in Captain Vikram Batra’s life and in the history of the Indian armed forces. The Kargil War erupted as Pakistani intruders occupied strategic positions in the Kargil sector of Jammu and Kashmir. It was during this conflict that Captain Batra’s valor would shine brightly.
One of the most iconic moments of the Kargil War came during the capture of Point 5140, a peak that held significant strategic importance. It was here that Captain Batra’s courage and leadership came to the forefront. Under heavy enemy fire, he led his men fearlessly, displaying exceptional battlefield tactics and sheer determination.
It was during this operation that Captain Batra uttered the now-famous words, “Yeh Dil Maange More” (This heart craves for more), expressing his indomitable spirit and resolve to push forward. His unwavering commitment to the mission and the safety of his comrades was evident to all.
The Ultimate Sacrifice
While the capture of Point 5140 was a significant victory, it came at a great cost. On July 7, 1999, Captain Vikram Batra made the ultimate sacrifice for his country. While saving a fellow soldier, he was hit by enemy fire and succumbed to his injuries. His passing was a moment of immense sorrow for the nation, but it also marked the emergence of a legend.
The Param Vir Chakra – India’s Highest Gallantry Award
Captain Vikram Batra’s selflessness and bravery did not go unnoticed. His unwavering commitment to the nation and his comrades earned him the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest wartime gallantry award. The citation for the Param Vir Chakra recognized his “indomitable spirit, outstanding leadership, and determination beyond the call of duty, in the face of the enemy.”
Captain Vikram Batra’s Legacy
Captain Vikram Batra’s legacy extends far beyond the medals and honors he received. His life is a testament to the values of courage, selflessness, and unwavering commitment to duty. He remains an inspiration not only to those in the armed forces but to all who aspire to lead lives of purpose and service.
Beyond the Battlefield
Captain Vikram Batra’s impact was not limited to the battlefield. His life and sacrifice continue to motivate young men and women across India to join the armed forces and serve their nation with dedication and pride. He is a symbol of the highest ideals of heroism and patriotism.
The Immortal Words
“Yeh Dil Maange More” – these words will forever resonate in the hearts of all Indians. They symbolize the unyielding spirit of a man who dared to dream, dared to fight, and dared to make the ultimate sacrifice for his country. Captain Vikram Batra’s legacy is immortalized not only in these words but in the hearts and minds of all those who cherish the values he embodied.
In conclusion, Captain Vikram Batra’s life is a beacon of courage, selflessness, and unwavering dedication to duty. He is not just a gallantry award winner but a true hero who continues to inspire generations. His story reminds us that true greatness lies in service to others and one’s country, even in the face of adversity. Captain Vikram Batra’s life and sacrifice are a testament to the enduring spirit of heroism that resides within the hearts of those who serve their nation with unwavering commitment and devotion. He will always be remembered as a symbol of valor and an embodiment of the highest ideals of duty, honor, and sacrifice.
FAQs on Captain Vikram Batra Essay
Captain Vikram Batra was a distinguished officer in the Indian Army who gained fame for his exceptional courage and heroism during the Kargil War of 1999.
Captain Batra’s iconic quote is “Yeh Dil Maange More” (This heart craves for more), which he exclaimed during the capture of Point 5140 in the Kargil sector, symbolizing his indomitable spirit.
Captain Vikram Batra was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest wartime gallantry award, in recognition of his exceptional leadership and courage on the battlefield.
Captain Batra made the ultimate sacrifice for his country on July 7, 1999, while saving a fellow soldier during combat in the Kargil War.
Captain Vikram Batra’s legacy extends beyond his military honors; he remains an inspirational figure whose life story embodies the values of courage, selflessness, and unwavering commitment to duty, continuing to inspire generations of Indians.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
The Wonder of Science Essay English – Know why Science is important!
The Wonder of Science Essay: Scientific reasoning, inventions, and discoveries have paved a path of comfort and ease for the entire human race. All economic sector has undergone phenomenal development in every sphere due to Read more…
Say No to Corruption Essay – Read Vigilance Awareness Week 2023 Theme Essay
Say No to Corruption Essay: In a world grappling with the perennial menace of corruption, there are few clarion calls as compelling and urgent as “Say no to corruption; commit to the Nation.” Vigilance Awareness Read more…
Plant a Tree to Make Our Planet Safer Essay in English – Download PDF
Plant a Tree to Make Our Planet Safer Essay in English: In a world where environmental concerns loom large, the act of planting a tree emerges as a seemingly modest yet profoundly impactful solution. This Read more…
Essay on Gallantry Awards- 150, 300, 750 Words
Essay on Gallantry Awards is given for acts of valor, self-sacrifice, and extraordinary heroism or devotion to duty. It is awarded to soldiers and sailors who have shown extreme bravery in the presence of the enemy at any time during active operations against an enemy force.
In this essay I am going to discuss about the Gallantry Awards and their significance in our country.
I salute all the gallantry award winners in this article. I hope they will be proud of their awards. They have served our country with utmost pride and bravery. It is my privilege to write about them in this article.
Essay on Gallantry Awards
Here is a short essay on the Gallantry awards , read this essay and you will learn a lot about it’s importance.
Gallantry Awards is given to Indian armed forces, officers and civilians for their constant bravery and sacrifice. They have received gallantry awards and medals in different categories such as Param Vir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, Ashoka Chakra, Shaurya Chakra etc.
The awardees are selected by the government of India in consultation with the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) and the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS).
Gallantry Awards are given for exceptional acts of bravery or courage which place an individual at extreme risk. The awards may be made posthumously or during a person’s lifetime.
It is a special award that is awarded by President of India for outstanding achievements in war.
The first gallantry award was given in 1932 during the time of British Raj. The awards are presented by the highest military authority of the country. The recipients get a medal from the President of India, who also gives them an official citation.
Gallantry Award Winners Essay 150 Words
If you are looking for Gallantry Award Winners Essay 150 Words, then this essay is going to help you. Here we describe everything in 150 words, so go for it.
There are many few who won this award for their sacrifices like Subedar & Hony Captain Karam SinghParam Vir Chakra, Captain Vikram BatraParam Vir Chakra, Naik Jadunath SinghParam Vir Chakra. They have made the country proud by winning the highest gallantry awards.
The gallantry award is given to a soldier who has shown exceptional courage and bravery in action against an enemy. It is one of the highest military honours given to soldiers of India and Pakistan.
The Param Vir Chakra (PVC) is awarded to soldiers who have distinguished themselves by displaying extreme acts of valour or self-sacrifice while fighting on behalf of the nation.
It was instituted on 15 August 1954 by India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru as a campaign medal for those serving in all conflicts fought by the Indian armed forces during World War II, including Asia-Pacific campaigns.
There are many more who deserve to be remembered for their sacrifices as well. They were not only brave soldiers but also very good human beings. I wish that someday every Indian will know about them and will also learn from their bravery and sacrifice.
Essay on Gallantry Awards Winners 300 Words
Now here is a long Essay on Gallantry Awards Winners 300 Words. Here we describe about the Gallantry award winners.
The President of India awards gallantry awards to soldiers for conspicuous bravery, distinguished service of an exceptional order of valour or self-sacrifice in the face of the enemy. These awards are given for acts of bravery on the battlefield or above and beyond the call of duty.
The award carries a monetary grant of money. The President also presents honorary awards for bravery or distinguished service of a less material nature every year on Republic Day (26 January).
Gallantry Awards is given to Indian armed forces, officers and civilians here are the winners Subedar & Hony Captain Karam SinghParam Vir Chakra, Captain Vikram BatraParam Vir Chakra, Naik Jadunath SinghParam Vir Chakra, Subedar Major (then Rifleman) Sanjay KumarParam Vir Chakra.
Subedar Karam Singh Param Vir Chakra: The gallantry award was given to Subedar Karam Singh for displaying exemplary courage while leading an attack on a heavily fortified enemy bunker complex in Khemkaran sector of the Kargil sector during Operation Vijay. The award was conferred by the President of India on August 29, 1999
Captain Vikram Batra Param Vir Chakra: Captain Vikram Batra was recommended for the highest gallantry award on May 10, 1999 by Army Chief Gen V P Malik, who cited his exceptional bravery during an operation against terrorists in Gujarat’s Gadag district.
The citation said that Capt Vikram Batra showed exemplary courage and valour throughout his tour in the field, which resulted in casualties of terrorists being inflicted upon them.
The Param Vir Chakra (PVC), or the highest military decoration that can be awarded to a soldier, is awarded for acts of supreme gallantry in the face of the enemy. It is given for acts that exemplify extreme valour, self-sacrifice or devotion on behalf of one’s comrades.
The other two highest awards for gallantry are The Ashoka Chakra and Maha Vir Chakra. The Ashoka Chakra is awarded for distinguished service in war against external or internal threats to the nation. The Maha Vir Chakra is awarded for distinguished service in war against external or internal threats to the nation.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners 750 Words
And now here is a long descriptive essay on Gallantry award winners, which is written about 750 words. This is a long descriptive essay, so if you are looking for this then read this one.
In India, gallantry awards are given to Indian armed forces, officers and civilians for their constant bravery and sacrifice. The gallantry award is awarded in recognition of acts of bravery performed by armed forces personnel during operations. The medals are awarded on the recommendation of the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) or the COAS designated.
The awards are announced every year on 26 January, Republic Day, by the President of India.
The gallantry awards are given by President of India on the recommendation of the government. These awards have great importance in the country as they give a moral boost to the armed forces as well as civil servants. In fact, these awards have been given since 1947.
Type of Awards:
- Param Vir Chakra
- Maha Vir Chakra
- Ashoka Chakra
- Kirti Chakra
- Shaurya Chakra
The gallantry award scheme includes individual awards, group awards, long service medals and other civilian awards. It also includes military medals like Param Vir Chakra (PVC), Shaurya Chakra (SC), Sena Medal (SM) etc., bravery medals like Ashok Chakra (AC) etc., distinguished service medals like Kirti Chakra (KC), Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) etc., and others like Shaurya Mukti Medal etc., deserving citizens of India who have rendered supreme sacrifices during operations against foreign aggressors or during earthquakes or flood relief operations etc.,
Winners of Gallantry Awards:
- Captain Vikram Batra Param Vir Chakra
- Naik Jadunath Singh Param Vir Chakra
- Subedar Major (then Rifleman) Sanjay Kumar Param Vir Chakra.
- 2/lieutenant Rama Raghoba Rane Param Vir Chakra.
- Captain Gurbachan Singh Salaria Param Vir Chakra.
- Subedar Joginder Singh Param Vir Chakra.
- Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid Param Vir Chakra.
- Flying Officer Nirmal Jit Singh Sekhon Param Vir Chakra.
- 2/lieutenant Arun Khetarpal Param Vir Chakra
Here we just mentioned only a few names but there is a huge list of brave and sacrificed soldiers: View Full List
Who Can Get This Award:
Gallantry award winners are those:
Who have distinguished themselves in war or conflict zone by performing acts of exceptional courage against the enemy or enemies under any circumstance.
Who has performed with conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty while engaged in warlike operations against the enemy.
Who has displayed conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty while engaged in operations against hostile forces as defined under Section 5(1) of the Act.
Who has displayed courage, skill and endurance superior to that normally expected from a person of ordinary courage, skill, determination and endurance in fighting against an enemy of such force as aforesaid.
Who has continued to serve with distinction for at least ten years after attaining the age of 50 years.
Who has rendered exceptionally meritorious service on account of which he is bestowed with such highest military decoration or award conferred by Govt.of India.
Gallantry Awards are awarded by the President of India, who is the supreme commander of the armed forces, and all the awards carry a medal, cash prize, citation and a shawl.
The awardees are chosen by an advisory board composed of members from their respective organizations. The board reviews nominations and shortlists candidates for consideration who have performed acts of exceptional bravery or devotion to duty. The awardees are then recommended by the government to the President for him to make final decision on each awardee.
Gallantry Awards and it’s Value
The gallantry awards are given to those who have committed acts of bravery or courage while performing their duties in the army, navy, air force and other military forces.
Gallantry Awards are given to a person who has shown exceptional courage in their actions in the line of duty. This can be shown through the performance of duties such as rescuing someone from danger or aiding someone who is in distress or injured. It may also include acts such as disobeying orders, sacrificing oneself for another’s safety, preventing an illegal act from being committed etc.
There are a lot of importance of gallantry awards in our country. As everyone comes from different culture and tradition it is very interesting to read about the gallantry award because it gives knowledge about the history and present day situation.
Gallantry award is an honor given by the Government of India to recognize acts of wartime bravery during military operations against armed enemies, insurgent or terrorist groups operating against the Government of India.
In current days, many awards are available for great personalities. But it’s hard to estimate the value of such awards. The value of the Gallantry Award is very high because some people pay their lives to win this award. It’s not easy to earn this award because it requires a lot of training and a strong willpower. It is not just an award which we get adorning ourselves but every Indian wants to earn it which shows the value of this award.
- Digital India Essay»
- Essay on My Country India»
- India Women in Sports Essay»
- Essay on Nation First Always First»
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
100, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500 & 750 Words Essay on Gallantry Award Winners
Table of Contents
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners in 100 Words
Gallantry Award winners are individuals who embody courage, selflessness, and heroism. These brave men and women face danger head-on, displaying unwavering determination and bravery in the face of adversity. They come from all walks of life, representing different backgrounds, professions, and experiences. Whether in the military, emergency services, or civilian life, gallantry award winners demonstrate exceptional acts of valor that inspire and ignite the spirit of bravery in others. Their selfless actions uplift and unite communities, reminding us of the inherent goodness that lies within humanity. Through their remarkable stories of sacrifice and bravery, gallantry award winners exemplify the true meaning of heroism, leaving an indelible mark on our society.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners in 200 Words
Gallantry Award winners are individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary courage, bravery, and valor in the face of adversity. These recipients have displayed immense selflessness and a willingness to put their lives on the line to protect others and uphold the values of honor and duty.
The gallantry awards recognize and pay tribute to those who have shown exceptional acts of heroism. They range from national honors, such as the Medal of Honor, to regional and local awards that celebrate the bravery of individuals in specific regions. Gallantry award winners come from various backgrounds, including military personnel, firefighters, police officers, and civilians who have shown exceptional bravery during critical situations.
Through their actions, these individuals inspire us all to be better versions of ourselves, encouraging us to confront our own fears and stand up for what is right. By highlighting their stories, we honor their dedication, sacrifice, and immeasurable contribution to our society.
In conclusion, gallantry award winners deserve our utmost admiration and respect. They are the epitome of bravery and serve as a constant reminder of the courage that lies within the human spirit. Their acts remind us of the boundless potential each one of us possesses to make a positive impact on the world.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners 250 Words
The gallantry award winners are individuals who have exemplified exceptional courage, bravery, and selflessness in the face of adversity. These individuals, through their extraordinary acts, have demonstrated their unwavering dedication to protecting others and serving their country.
One such gallantry award winner is Major Mohit Sharma, who was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, India’s highest peacetime military decoration. Major Sharma displayed immense bravery during an encounter with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir. Despite sustaining multiple gunshot wounds, he continued to engage the terrorists, neutralizing them and saving the lives of his comrades.
Another deserving recipient of the gallantry award is Captain Vikram Batra, who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his valiant actions during the Kargil War. Despite being heavily outnumbered, Captain Batra fearlessly led his team and captured enemy positions at great personal risk. He made the iconic statement, “Yeh Dil Maange More” before he laid down his life in service to the nation.
These gallantry award winners symbolize the indomitable spirit and unwavering commitment of our armed forces. Their acts of sacrifice and valour serve as an inspiration to the entire nation. They remind us that it is the courage and dedication of individuals like them that safeguard our freedom and security.
In conclusion, the gallantry award winners are the epitome of heroism and bravery. Their selfless acts of courage in the face of danger inspire us all. These extraordinary individuals deserve our utmost respect and gratitude for their unwavering commitment to safeguarding our nation and its people.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners 300 Words
Gallantry Award winners are individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary acts of bravery and courage in the face of danger. These individuals come from various backgrounds and often risk their own lives to protect others and uphold the principles of honor and duty. They serve as shining examples of human valor and selflessness, inspiring others to face adversity with unwavering determination.
One such gallantry award winner is Captain Vikram Batra. He was honored with the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military decoration, for his outstanding display of bravery in the Kargil War of 1999. Captain Batra fearlessly led his troops in capturing strategic enemy positions and successfully neutralizing hostile forces. Despite facing intense enemy fire, he was undeterred and always led from the front. His determination and indomitable spirit are a testament to the bravery and resilience of our soldiers.
Another remarkable gallantry award winner is Sergeant Major Saman Kunan. He posthumously received the Royal Thai Navy’s SEAL Medal for his heroic efforts during the Tham Luang cave rescue operation in Thailand in 2018. Kunan, a former Thai Navy SEAL diver, selflessly volunteered to assist in the rescue of a young soccer team trapped in a flooded cave. Tragically, he lost his life while delivering necessary supplies to the trapped boys. His bravery and sacrifice touched the hearts of people around the world and highlighted the extraordinary lengths that individuals are willing to go to protect and save others.
Gallantry Award winners come from all walks of life and display exceptional courage and selflessness in various circumstances. Their actions go beyond serving their duty; they go above and beyond what is expected of them and put the lives of others before their own. These men and women highlight the true meaning of heroism and inspire others to strive for greatness.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners 400 Words
Gallantry Award winners are individuals who exemplify extraordinary courage and bravery in the face of adversity. These men and women showcase exceptional heroism and selflessness, often putting their own lives at risk to protect others. Each recipient of a gallantry award has a unique story, illustrating the powerful impact one person can have on the world.
One such gallantry award winner is Captain Vikram Batra, a brave soldier who laid down his life during the Kargil War in 1999. His fearless and audacious acts on the battlefield not only inspired his comrades but also brought pride to the entire nation. Captain Batra’s indomitable spirit and unwavering determination to serve his country continue to motivate countless individuals even today.
Another gallantry award winner is Neerja Bhanot, a flight attendant who saved the lives of numerous passengers during a hijacking incident in 1986. Instead of prioritizing her own safety, she selflessly helped passengers escape the aircraft, even at the cost of her own life. Neerja’s courage and sacrifice serve as a reminder of the remarkable strength present in ordinary individuals.
Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who sacrificed his life during the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is another gallantry award winner who deserves recognition. Major Unnikrishnan fearlessly fought against the terrorists, displaying exceptional bravery until his last breath. His heroic actions highlight the dedication and commitment exhibited by our armed forces in protecting our nation.
Gallantry Award winners come from various walks of life and display courage in different capacities. Some may be soldiers, firefighters, police officers, or ordinary citizens who step forward during moments of crisis. Regardless of their background, these individuals embody the qualities of bravery, resilience, and selflessness that make them our true heroes.
These gallantry award winners serve as a source of inspiration and admiration for their fellow citizens. Their stories encourage us to remain steadfast in our own lives, facing challenges head-on, and never backing down. Their unwavering commitment to the greater good reminds us of the power of one individual to make a difference in the world.
In conclusion, gallantry award winners are exceptional individuals who exhibit extraordinary courage and bravery. Through their actions, they inspire and motivate others, leaving a lasting impact on our society. It is essential to recognize and honor these individuals, as they embody the true essence of heroism and selflessness. The Gallantry Award winners remind us that each one of us is capable of acts of bravery and that our actions can make a significant difference in the lives of others.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners in 500 Words
Gallantry award winners: a testimony of bravery and heroism, introduction.
Gallantry Award winners are individuals who stand as the epitome of bravery and heroism. These exceptional individuals have displayed incredible courage and selflessness in the face of danger, often placing their lives at risk to protect and save others. Recognized for their extraordinary contributions, these award recipients inspire us with their unwavering commitment to their fellow human beings. This essay will illuminate the stories of gallantry award winners, illuminating their acts of heroism and highlighting the impact they have made on society.
One prominent gallantry Award is the Victoria Cross, instituted in 1856, which recognizes acts of valor in the face of the enemy. Many courageous men and women have been awarded this prestigious honor, each with a unique story of bravery. One such individual is Captain Vikram Batra, an Indian Army officer who was honored with a posthumous Victoria Cross during the Kargil War in 1999. Captain Batra led his company to victory by clearing several enemy bunkers and capturing strategic heights at the risk of his own life. His undying determination and exceptional leadership skills have left an indelible mark on the nation.
Another renowned gallantry award recipient is Sergeant First Class Leroy Petry, who was awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest military decoration in the United States. Petry served as a U.S. Army Ranger and was severely wounded in a mission to apprehend a high-value target in Afghanistan. Despite his injuries, he continued to lead his team, throwing a grenade back at the enemy to save the lives of his fellow soldiers before suffering the loss of his right hand. Petry’s incredible sacrifice and heroism symbolize the unwavering spirit of the American military.
Moving away from the military, there are numerous gallantry award winners beyond the realm of combat. One such example is Malala Yousafzai, the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. Malala’s fight for girls’ education in Pakistan led to her being shot in the head by Taliban militants in 2012. Miraculously surviving the attack, she defied fear and continued to advocate for girls’ rights worldwide. Through her courage, resilience, and determination, Malala became a global symbol of hope and inspiration.
Gallantry Award winners serve as beacons of inspiration, reminding us of the inherent courage within humanity. These extraordinary individuals have demonstrated remarkable bravery in the face of adversity, going above and beyond the call of duty. From military personnel risking their lives on the battlefield to civilians advocating for social change, the gallantry award winners are a testament to the immense strength of the human spirit.
Their stories evoke emotions of admiration, respect, and gratitude. They remind us of the sacrifices made to safeguard the values we cherish, the importance of standing up for what is right, and the power of an individual to make a profound difference in the world. By honoring and celebrating the gallantry award winners, we not only pay tribute to their extraordinary acts but also inspire future generations to emulate their courage and selflessness.
In conclusion, the gallantry award winners embody the true essence of bravery and heroism. Their fearless actions, whether on the battlefield or in the face of injustice, have left an indelible mark on society. By recognizing their remarkable achievements, we acknowledge the sacrifices they have made and the significance of their contributions. Gallantry Award winners inspire us to embrace our own courage and strive for a better world.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners 750 Words
Gallantry award winners, those brave individuals who fearlessly put their lives on the line to protect and serve their fellow citizens, are true heroes deserving of the highest praise and recognition. These exceptional individuals embody the virtues of courage, selflessness, and commitment to duty. By recounting the remarkable deeds and stories of gallantry award winners, we gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of their sacrifices and the values they uphold. In this essay, we shall delve into the world of these extraordinary men and women, describing the essence of their character and highlighting their remarkable achievements.
One such gallantry award winner, Captain Vikram Batra, epitomizes the bravery and resilience shown by soldiers in their fight for our country. Captain Batra was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, the highest military decoration in India, for his exceptional courage during the Kargil War. He led his troops fearlessly, storming enemy positions despite being heavily outnumbered. His valiant actions inspired those around him to push their limits and achieve unprecedented success in capturing critical enemy posts. Captain Batra’s unwavering commitment to his mission and his comrades is a testament to the indomitable spirit of gallantry award winners.
In the realm of civil service, there are also gallantry award winners who exemplify the highest standards of bravery and heroism. Neerja Bhanot, a courageous flight attendant, sacrificed her own life to save the lives of passengers during the hijacking of Pan Am Flight 73 in 1986. She bravely confronted the terrorists, alerting the pilots and helping passengers escape through emergency exits. Although she had the opportunity to escape, she chose to stand her ground and protect others. Neerja’s extraordinary act of selflessness and valor, recognized by the Ashoka Chakra, inspires all, demonstrating the potential for human sacrifice and compassion.
The gallantry award winners often come from varied backgrounds, showcasing that heroism knows no boundaries. One such example is Havildar Gajendra Singh, who, as a member of the Indian Army’s Special Forces, was posthumously awarded the Shaurya Chakra for his exceptional courage during a counter-terrorism operation. Born to a small rural family, Singh possessed an unwavering determination to serve his country. His display of bravery in the face of intense adversity reflects the quiet, yet fierce determination that defines gallantry award winners. Singh’s story serves as a reminder that valor and heroism can emerge from the most unexpected places.
The awards bestowed upon gallantry award winners are not merely symbols of recognition but also affirmations of the values we hold dear as a society. Honoring individuals who display exceptional courage and selflessness encourages others to embrace these values and contribute to the betterment of our communities. Gallantry award winners epitomize the essence of selflessness, bravery, and determination, inspiring and motivating others to face challenges head-on, even against seemingly insurmountable odds.
In conclusion, gallantry award winners, through their awe-inspiring acts of heroism, remind us of the noble qualities that reside within humankind. Their unwavering commitment to their duty and extraordinary bravery make them deserving recipients of our highest accolades and deepest gratitude. By examining their remarkable stories, we gain insight into the remarkable feats achieved by gallantry award winners and the invaluable contribution they make to our society. Emulating their ideals of selflessness and bravery allows us to become better individuals and build a stronger, more compassionate world for future generations.
Essay Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi
200, 300, 400, & 500 Words Essay on My Role Model Gallantry Award Winners
1 thought on “100, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500 & 750 Words Essay on Gallantry Award Winners”
Very good information
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners : Honoring Acts of Valor and Bravery
Explore the inspiring stories of Gallantry Award winners who have displayed exceptional courage and selflessness in the face of danger. Discover how these heroes, whether in the military or civilian services, exemplify the highest ideals of valor and sacrifice. Learn about their extraordinary acts and the indomitable human spirit that drives them to protect their fellow citizens and serve their nations. This essay celebrates the heroes who have received awards like the Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, and Ashoka Chakra in India, highlighting their enduring legacy and the values they represent. Join us in honoring these gallantry award winners whose stories inspire us all to stand up for what is right and embrace the potential for heroism within ourselves.
Table of Contents
Essay on Gallantry award winners 100 words
Gallantry award winners epitomize extraordinary valor and selflessness. Their remarkable acts of courage inspire and uplift society. These individuals, often from diverse backgrounds, exhibit unwavering bravery in the face of adversity.
Whether it’s the prestigious Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, Vir Chakra, Ashoka Chakra, Kirti Chakra, or Shaurya Chakra, each award signifies exceptional acts of valor. These heroes, from the armed forces or civilian life, have faced danger head-on, protecting others and upholding the nation’s honor.
Their stories of sacrifice, resilience, and unwavering determination serve as beacons of hope and pride, reminding us that heroism knows no bounds. Gallantry award winners inspire us to be better, to stand up for what’s right, and to embrace the spirit of courage and selflessness.
Buy Essay BOOK
WHY THIS BOOK? 1. A complete guide to learning the art of essay writing 2. Panoramic coverage of various topics to understand modern issues 3. Prepared for IAS, State PCS, and other exams 4. All topics have been penned in a clear and easy language
Essay on gallantry award winners 150 words in english.
Gallantry award winners epitomize the epitome of courage and selflessness. These exceptional individuals, often in the military or civilian services, have demonstrated unwavering bravery in the face of grave danger, inspiring us all. Their acts of valor stand as a testament to the indomitable human spirit.
Recipients of awards like the Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, and Ashoka Chakra in India have shown remarkable heroism. Captain Vikram Batra’s fearless leadership during the Kargil War, Captain Manoj Pandey’s determination in eliminating enemy positions, and Neerja Bhanot’s selfless sacrifice during a hijacking are just a few examples.
These heroes remind us that ordinary individuals can rise to extraordinary heights when duty calls. Their stories transcend borders and cultures, igniting a spark of courage in our hearts. Gallantry award winners inspire us to stand up for what is right, protect our fellow citizens, and serve our nations with honor and integrity. In celebrating their bravery, we honor the values of heroism and selflessness that unite humanity.
Essay on Gallantry award winners 200 words in English
Gallantry Award Winners: Epitomes of Valor and Sacrifice
Gallantry award winners are the true heroes of our world, individuals who have displayed exceptional courage and selflessness in the face of grave danger. These remarkable individuals, whether in the military, paramilitary, or civilian services, represent the embodiment of valor and sacrifice.
In India, awards like the Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, and Ashoka Chakra are bestowed upon those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to protect their fellow citizens and serve their nation. The stories of these heroes inspire us and remind us of the immense potential of the human spirit.
Consider Captain Vikram Batra, whose rallying cry “Yeh Dil Maange More!” became a symbol of unwavering determination during the Kargil War. Or Captain Manoj Pandey, who led his troops with unmatched bravery, eliminating multiple enemy positions.
Beyond the battlefield, there are civilian heroes like Neerja Bhanot, who saved lives during a harrowing hijacking incident, and Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who selflessly led his team during the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Gallantry award winners serve as beacons of hope, showing us that even in the most challenging circumstances, acts of heroism are possible. They inspire us to stand up for justice, protect the vulnerable, and uphold the values of courage and selflessness. These extraordinary individuals remind us that true heroes walk among us, quietly and humbly, but their actions speak volumes about the potential for goodness and bravery within us all.
Essay on Gallantry award winners 300 words in English
Essay on gallantry award winners 500 words in english, essay on gallantry award winners 750 words in english, indian gallantry awards: honoring acts of valor and bravery.
The Indian Gallantry Awards represent a distinguished and venerable tradition in India, celebrating and acknowledging acts of extraordinary valor and bravery exhibited by individuals in various spheres of life. These awards not only hold significant historical and cultural importance but also serve as a testament to the indomitable spirit and courage displayed by individuals who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to protect and serve their nation. In a country as diverse and dynamic as India, recognizing acts of bravery is not only a matter of national pride but also an essential component of fostering a culture of heroism and selflessness.
Thesis Statement: This essay will delve into the history, categories, and significance of Indian Gallantry Awards, highlighting their role in honoring and perpetuating acts of bravery, inspiring future generations, and strengthening the bonds of unity and courage in the nation.
Historical Origins and Development of Indian Gallantry Awards:
The origins of Indian Gallantry Awards can be traced back to the colonial era when India was under British rule. The British Crown established several awards to honor acts of bravery by Indian soldiers and civilians. One of the earliest such awards was the Indian Order of Merit, instituted in 1837, which recognized gallantry and distinguished service by Indian soldiers in the British Indian Army. This marked the beginning of a formal recognition system for acts of valor in the subcontinent.
In 1911, the British government introduced the Victoria Cross (VC) for India, which was the highest military award for gallantry and valor, akin to the VC for British and Commonwealth soldiers. It was awarded to Indian soldiers who displayed exceptional courage in the face of the enemy during World War I and other conflicts.
After India gained independence in 1947, there was a need to establish a system of gallantry awards that was reflective of the country’s sovereignty and values. As a result, the Indian government introduced a new set of awards, which included the Param Vir Chakra (PVC) for acts of bravery in the armed forces, the Ashoka Chakra for acts of valor by civilians and military personnel not involved in direct combat, and the Mahavir Chakra and Kirti Chakra for acts of bravery of lesser order.
Over the years, there have been significant changes and reforms in the Indian Gallantry Awards system to ensure its continued relevance and inclusivity. Some notable developments include:
- Expansion of Categories : The introduction of various awards for acts of bravery in different situations, such as the Shaurya Chakra for acts of bravery not involving the enemy, and the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry for exceptional valor by police officers.
- Inclusion of Civilians : The system has evolved to include civilians who demonstrate extraordinary courage, ensuring that bravery is not limited to the armed forces alone.
- Streamlining of Procedures : Efforts have been made to streamline the nomination and selection process for the awards, making it more transparent and efficient.
- Posthumous Awards : The recognition of posthumous acts of bravery, where the recipient has made the ultimate sacrifice for their nation.
- Incorporation of Modern Contexts : The awards have been adapted to recognize acts of bravery in modern contexts, such as counter-terrorism operations and peacekeeping missions.
Overall, the Indian Gallantry Awards have transformed over the years from a colonial-era recognition system to a modern and comprehensive set of honors that reflect India’s commitment to honoring acts of valor and bravery across diverse fields and circumstances. These awards continue to inspire and motivate individuals to demonstrate exceptional courage and selflessness in service to the nation.
Categories of Indian Gallantry Awards
The Indian Gallantry Awards are categorized into several distinct honors, each with its own criteria and significance. These awards recognize acts of bravery and valor across various contexts, including military, civilian, and paramilitary service. Here are the different categories of Indian Gallantry Awards:
Param Vir Chakra (PVC) :
Description of the Param Vir Chakra Medal:
The Param Vir Chakra (PVC) is a prestigious medal that holds significant symbolism and design elements:
- Shape: The medal is circular in shape.
- Composition: It is made of bronze.
- Diameter: The diameter of the medal is one and three-eighth inches.
- Obverse: The obverse side of the medal features four replicas of “Indra’s Vajra” with the State Emblem embossed in the center. This design represents strength and resilience.
- Reverse: On the reverse side of the medal, the words “PARAM VIR CHAKRA” are embossed, presented in both Hindi and English. Between the Hindi and English inscriptions, two lotus flowers are embossed.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Param Vir Chakra is plain purple in color. Purple is often associated with honor, bravery, and valor.
- Purpose: In the event that a recipient of the Param Vir Chakra performs another act of bravery deserving of the medal, an additional Bar is awarded. This Bar recognizes and distinguishes subsequent acts of valor.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Param Vir Chakra is suspended.
- Posthumous Awards: Bars may also be awarded posthumously to honor recipients who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of “Indra’s Vajra” is added to the riband when worn alone, signifying the recipient’s multiple acts of bravery.
The Param Vir Chakra and its associated design elements serve as a powerful symbol of extraordinary courage and selflessness in the face of adversity, representing the highest military honor in India.
The highest military award for valor, the PVC is awarded for acts of exceptional bravery and self-sacrifice in the presence of the enemy during wartime.
The PVC is considered India’s equivalent of the Victoria Cross and is bestowed upon individuals who display extraordinary courage and valor on the battlefield.
Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) :
Description of the Maha Vir Chakra Medal:
The Maha Vir Chakra (MVC) is a prestigious medal with distinct design characteristics:
- Composition: It is made of standard silver.
- Obverse: The obverse side of the medal features a five-pointed heraldic star with the points of the star just touching the rim. In the center of the star is a domed gilded State Emblem, adding an element of distinction and honor to the design.
- Reverse: On the reverse side of the medal, the words “MAHA VIR CHAKRA” are embossed, presented in both Hindi and English. Between the Hindi and English inscriptions, two lotus flowers are embossed.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Maha Vir Chakra is half-white and half-orange in color. The combination of white and orange represents a blend of purity and bravery.
- Purpose: Similar to the Param Vir Chakra, if a recipient of the Maha Vir Chakra performs another act of bravery worthy of the medal, an additional Bar is awarded. This Bar acknowledges and distinguishes subsequent acts of valor.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Maha Vir Chakra is suspended.
- Posthumous Awards: Bars may also be awarded posthumously to recognize and honor recipients who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of the Maha Vir Chakra is added to the riband when worn alone, symbolizing the recipient’s multiple acts of bravery.
The Maha Vir Chakra and its associated design elements stand as a symbol of exceptional courage and gallantry, representing one of India’s highest military honors. It reflects the bravery, sacrifice, and dedication of those who go above and beyond the call of duty in service to the nation.
The MVC is awarded for acts of conspicuous bravery and self-sacrifice during wartime but of a lesser degree than required for the PVC.
It is the second-highest military award and recognizes exceptional gallantry in the face of the enemy.
Vir Chakra (VrC) :
Description of the Vir Chakra Medal:
The Vir Chakra (VC) is a prestigious medal with distinct design characteristics:
- Obverse: The obverse side of the medal features a five-pointed heraldic star with the points of the star just touching the rim. In the center of the star is a Chakra, and within the Chakra is a domed center piece bearing the gilded State Emblem. This design signifies honor, bravery, and the significance of the State Emblem.
- Reverse: On the reverse side of the medal, the words “VIR CHAKRA” are embossed, presented in both Hindi and English. Between the Hindi and English inscriptions, two lotus flowers are embossed.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Vir Chakra is half blue and half orange in color. The combination of blue and orange represents qualities of courage and valor.
- Purpose: Similar to the Param Vir Chakra and Maha Vir Chakra, if a recipient of the Vir Chakra performs another act of bravery deserving of the medal, an additional Bar is awarded. This Bar acknowledges and distinguishes subsequent acts of valor.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Vir Chakra is suspended.
- Posthumous Awards: Bars may also be awarded posthumously to recognize recipients who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of the Vir Chakra is added to the riband when worn alone, symbolizing the recipient’s multiple acts of bravery.
The Vir Chakra and its associated design elements symbolize exceptional courage and dedication, representing one of India’s esteemed military honors. It pays tribute to individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary bravery and valor in service to the nation.
The Vir Chakra is awarded for acts of gallantry and bravery during wartime, but at a lower level than the MVC.
It is a prestigious military honor recognizing acts of valor and courage on the battlefield.
Ashoka Chakra (AC) :
Description of the Ashoka Chakra Medal:
The Ashoka Chakra is a prestigious medal with distinctive design elements:
- Shape: The medal is circular in shape and features rims on both sides.
- Composition: It is made of gold gilt, giving it a radiant and honorable appearance.
- Obverse: On the obverse side of the medal, a replica of Ashoka’s Chakra is embossed in the center, surrounded by a lotus wreath. Along the rim, on the inner side, a pattern of lotus leaves, flowers, and buds is displayed. The Chakra symbolizes the cycle of life, righteousness, and dharma.
- Reverse: The reverse side of the medal bears the words “Ashok Chakra” in both Hindi and English, with two lotus flowers separating the two language versions.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Ashoka Chakra is green and divided into two equal segments by an orange vertical line. The green color symbolizes growth and life, while the orange stripe adds a touch of vibrancy.
- Purpose: If a recipient of the Ashoka Chakra performs another act of gallantry deserving of the medal, a Bar is awarded. This Bar recognizes and distinguishes subsequent acts of gallantry.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Ashoka Chakra is suspended.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of the Ashoka Chakra is added to the riband when worn alone, signifying the recipient’s multiple acts of gallantry.
The Ashoka Chakra and its design elements serve as a powerful symbol of exceptional courage, righteousness, and service to the nation. It represents one of India’s esteemed civilian honors, recognizing individuals who have displayed extraordinary gallantry and selflessness in the face of adversity.
The Ashoka Chakra is awarded for acts of bravery, courage, or self-sacrifice in non-military situations, such as counter-terrorism operations or peacetime circumstances.
It is the civilian equivalent of the PVC and recognizes exceptional bravery and sacrifice in challenging situations.
Kirti Chakra (KC) :
Description of the Kirti Chakra Medal:
The Kirti Chakra is a prestigious medal with distinctive design elements:
- Obverse: On the obverse side of the medal, a replica of Ashoka’s Chakra is embossed in the center, surrounded by a lotus wreath. Along the rim, on the inner side, a pattern of lotus leaves, flowers, and buds is displayed, symbolizing purity and resilience.
- Reverse: The reverse side of the medal bears the words “KIRTI CHAKRA” in both Hindi and English, with two lotus flowers separating the two language versions.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Kirti Chakra is green and divided into three equal parts by two orange vertical lines. The green color represents growth and life, while the orange lines add vibrancy and contrast.
- Purpose: If a recipient of the Kirti Chakra performs another act of gallantry deserving of the medal, a Bar is awarded. This Bar acknowledges and distinguishes subsequent acts of gallantry.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Kirti Chakra is suspended.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of the Ashoka’s Chakra is added to the riband when worn alone, signifying the recipient’s multiple acts of gallantry.
The Kirti Chakra and its design elements serve as a symbol of exceptional courage, honor, and valor. It represents one of India’s esteemed civilian honors, recognizing individuals who have displayed extraordinary gallantry and selflessness in the face of adversity.
The KC is awarded for acts of bravery and courage in non-military contexts, similar to the Ashoka Chakra but of a lesser degree.
It is a civilian honor recognizing acts of gallantry and selflessness.
Shaurya Chakra (SC) :
Description of the Shaurya Chakra Medal:
The Shaurya Chakra is a distinguished medal with unique design features:
- Shape: The medal is circular in shape and made of bronze.
- Diameter: It measures one and three-eighth inches in diameter and has rims on both sides.
- Obverse: On the obverse side of the medal, a replica of Ashoka’s Chakra is embossed in the center, encircled by a lotus wreath. Along the inner rim, a pattern of lotus leaves, flowers, and buds is displayed, symbolizing purity and resilience.
- Reverse: The reverse side of the medal bears the words “SHAURYA CHAKRA” in both Hindi and English, with two lotus flowers separating the two language versions.
- Color: The ribbon associated with the Shaurya Chakra is green and divided into four equal parts by three vertical lines. The green color signifies growth, life, and courage, while the vertical lines add symmetry and visual distinction.
- Purpose: If a recipient of the Shaurya Chakra performs another act of gallantry deserving of the medal, a Bar is awarded. This Bar acknowledges and distinguishes subsequent acts of gallantry.
- Attachment: The Bar is attached to the riband by which the Shaurya Chakra is suspended.
- Miniature Replica: For each Bar awarded, a miniature replica of Chakra is added to the riband when worn alone, signifying the recipient’s multiple acts of gallantry.
The Shaurya Chakra and its design elements serve as a symbol of exceptional courage, valor, and bravery. It recognizes individuals who have displayed extraordinary gallantry and selflessness in the face of adversity, making significant contributions to the security and welfare of the nation.
The Shaurya Chakra is awarded for acts of bravery and courage not involving the enemy, such as in life-threatening situations or during rescue operations.
It acknowledges acts of exceptional bravery and valor in various circumstances, whether civilian or military.
Service-Specific Medals :
Each branch of the armed forces, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, and paramilitary forces, has its own set of gallantry awards and medals. These include the Sena Medal, Nao Sena Medal, and Vayu Sena Medal, among others, which are awarded for acts of bravery within their respective domains.
The significance of these awards extends beyond recognition; they inspire individuals to display extraordinary courage, dedication, and selflessness in the service of their nation. The diversity of categories ensures that acts of bravery in different contexts and by different individuals are duly honored, fostering a culture of heroism and valor across the nation’s military and civilian spheres.
Criteria for Award Selection
The selection of recipients for Indian Gallantry Awards is a meticulous process that involves careful evaluation of the nominee’s actions, ensuring that only the most deserving individuals are honored for their acts of bravery. The criteria and guidelines for selecting recipients typically include the following aspects:
- Bravery and Valor : The foremost criterion is the nominee’s display of exceptional bravery and valor. This includes acts of courage, selflessness, and extraordinary determination in the face of danger or adversity. The action must be of such a nature that it goes above and beyond the call of duty.
- Risk to Life : The act must involve a significant risk to the nominee’s life. This emphasizes the element of self-sacrifice and the willingness to put one’s life on the line for a greater cause, whether it’s defending the nation, saving lives, or combating terrorism.
- Impact : The action’s impact and outcome play a crucial role in the selection process. It must have had a substantial positive effect, such as saving lives, preventing a major disaster, or significantly contributing to the success of a military operation.
- Exemplary Conduct : The nominee’s conduct, both during and after the act of bravery, is closely examined. Factors such as composure, leadership, and adherence to ethical and professional standards are considered.
- Recommendations : Recommendations for the award typically come from commanding officers, superior officers, or eyewitnesses who can provide firsthand accounts of the nominee’s actions. These recommendations are an essential part of the selection process.
- Verification : The accounts of the nominee’s actions are meticulously verified to ensure accuracy and authenticity. This may involve investigations, interviews, and evidence collection.
- Selection Committee/Board : A selection committee or board, consisting of high-ranking officials from the armed forces and other relevant authorities, is responsible for reviewing and evaluating nominations. The composition of this committee may vary depending on the specific award and the context of the act.
- Secrecy : The selection process is often conducted with a high degree of secrecy to protect the nominee and maintain the element of surprise associated with the award.
- Merit-Based : The selection process is merit-based and devoid of any biases or political considerations. The sole focus is on recognizing and honoring acts of bravery and valor.
- Posthumous Awards : In cases where the nominee has made the ultimate sacrifice and is no longer alive to receive the award, the criteria remain the same. Posthumous awards are granted if the individual meets all the necessary criteria.
The role of the selection committee or board is pivotal in ensuring that the awards are given to individuals who truly deserve them. This committee thoroughly assesses each nomination, rigorously applying the established criteria to make impartial and just decisions. Their diligence helps maintain the prestige and credibility of the Indian Gallantry Awards, making them a symbol of honor and courage in the nation.
The eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for the various Indian Gallantry Awards are outlined in specific terms to ensure that recipients are deserving of these prestigious honors. Here is a breakdown of the eligibility conditions for each of the major Indian Gallantry Awards:
Param Vir Chakra, Maha Vir Chakra, and Vir Chakra Eligibility:
- Officers and personnel of all ranks in the Naval, Military, and Air Forces, including Reserve Forces, Territorial Army, Militia, and other legally constituted Armed Forces.
- Matrons, Sisters, Nurses, and staff of Nursing Services and related medical services who serve regularly or temporarily under the orders, directions, or supervision of any of the above-mentioned Forces.
- Civilians of any gender who serve regularly or temporarily under the orders, directions, or supervision of any of the above-mentioned Armed Forces.
Conditions of Eligibility for these awards:
- Param Vir Chakra : Awarded for the most conspicuous bravery, daring, or pre-eminent acts of valor or self-sacrifice in the presence of the enemy, whether on land, at sea, or in the air.
- Maha Vir Chakra : Awarded for acts of conspicuous gallantry in the presence of the enemy, whether on land, at sea, or in the air.
- Vir Chakra : Awarded for acts of gallantry in the presence of the enemy, whether on land, at sea, or in the air.
- All of these gallantry awards may be awarded posthumously.
Ashoka Chakra, Kirti Chakra, and Shaurya Chakra Eligibility:
- Officers and personnel of all ranks in the Army, Navy, and Air Force, including Reserve Forces, Territorial Army, Militia, and other legally constituted forces.
- Members of the Nursing Services of the Armed Forces.
- Civilian citizens of either gender in all walks of life and members of Police Forces, including Central Para-Military Forces and the Railway Protection Force.
- Ashoka Chakra : Awarded for the most conspicuous bravery, daring, or pre-eminent acts of valor or self-sacrifice otherwise than in the face of the enemy.
- Kirti Chakra : Awarded for conspicuous gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy.
- Shaurya Chakra : Awarded for gallantry otherwise than in the face of the enemy.
In addition to these eligibility conditions, it’s essential to note that persons recommended for these awards should not have been involved in any adverse reports or received any displeasure or censure through court martial proceedings or administrative action. This criterion helps ensure that recipients maintain a high standard of conduct and character in addition to their acts of bravery.
Significance of Indian Gallantry Awards
The Indian Gallantry Awards hold immense significance in recognizing and honoring acts of bravery, and they play a vital role in inspiring individuals to exhibit courage and selflessness. Here are several key aspects of their importance:
- Recognition of Valor : The awards provide formal recognition to individuals who have displayed exceptional valor and bravery. This recognition not only honors their actions but also acknowledges their sacrifice and dedication to the nation. It serves as a testament to their commitment to a higher cause.
- Inspiration for Future Generations : The stories of gallantry award recipients inspire future generations. They serve as role models, encouraging young people to emulate the courage and selflessness demonstrated by these individuals. Aspiring to be recognized with such awards can motivate individuals to push their limits and act bravely when the situation demands it.
- Fostering a Culture of Heroism : The awards contribute to the development of a culture of heroism in the country. They reinforce the idea that acts of bravery, whether on the battlefield, in disaster relief, or in everyday life, are commendable and worthy of celebration. This cultural aspect can have a profound impact on society’s values and expectations.
- National Pride and Unity : Gallantry award ceremonies and the stories of recipients often evoke a sense of national pride. They remind citizens of the sacrifices made by individuals in the service of the nation and reinforce the idea of a shared identity and unity among diverse communities.
- Boosting Morale : In the military and paramilitary forces, the awards boost morale and camaraderie. Knowing that exceptional acts of bravery are recognized and celebrated can motivate servicemen and women to perform their duties with greater dedication and resolve.
- Enhancing Institutional Values : The awards help in reinforcing the core values and ethos of the armed forces and other organizations. They highlight the importance of bravery, sacrifice, and selflessness as integral elements of these institutions.
- Promoting Acts of Kindness and Heroism : Gallantry awards extend beyond the military and are also awarded to civilians who exhibit bravery. This recognition encourages ordinary citizens to intervene in crisis situations, assist those in need, and take courageous actions, knowing that their efforts may not go unnoticed.
- Honoring Sacrifice : In cases where recipients have made the ultimate sacrifice, the awards posthumously honor their memory and sacrifice. It provides solace to their families and serves as a reminder of the profound sacrifices made by individuals in the line of duty.
- Raising Awareness : Gallantry awards often lead to increased awareness of the challenges faced by security forces, first responders, and those who protect the nation. This awareness can lead to greater public support for these individuals and the causes they represent.
Numerous individuals have been honored with Indian Gallantry Awards over the years for their extraordinary acts of bravery. Here are a few notable recipients and their inspiring stories:
- Act of Valor : Captain Vikram Batra, an officer in the Indian Army, was awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his courageous actions during the 1999 Kargil War. He led his troops fearlessly in the face of heavy enemy fire, ultimately capturing a key peak known as “Point 4875.”
- Inspiring Story : His famous words, “Yeh Dil Maange More!” (This heart wants more!), before charging into battle, became a symbol of determination and valor. Captain Batra’s sacrifice and bravery continue to inspire generations of young Indians.
- Act of Valor : Neerja Bhanot was a flight attendant who displayed immense courage during the hijacking of Pan Am Flight 73 in 1986. She helped save the lives of passengers by alerting the authorities and preventing the hijackers from detonating explosives on the plane.
- Inspiring Story : Neerja’s selflessness and dedication to the safety of the passengers, even at the cost of her own life, earned her the Ashoka Chakra posthumously. Her story has inspired many to stand up in the face of adversity.
- Act of Valor : Major Somnath Sharma was the first recipient of the Param Vir Chakra. During the Indo-Pak War of 1947-48, he defended a crucial bridge against overwhelming enemy forces. Despite being mortally wounded, he continued to encourage his men and held the position until reinforcements arrived.
- Inspiring Story : Major Sharma’s unwavering determination and leadership exemplify the qualities celebrated by the Param Vir Chakra. He remains an enduring symbol of bravery and sacrifice.
- Act of Valor : Havildar Hangpan Dada of the Assam Rifles displayed exceptional courage in 2016 when he single-handedly killed four terrorists during a counter-insurgency operation in Jammu and Kashmir. Despite being critically injured, he continued to engage the terrorists and ensured their elimination.
- Inspiring Story : Havildar Dada’s fearless actions in the face of danger showcased his dedication to protecting the nation. His sacrifice and heroism continue to inspire both the armed forces and civilians alike.
- Act of Valor : While not a gallantry award recipient in the traditional sense, Sachin Tendulkar, the legendary cricketer, received the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award. His decades-long commitment to cricket and his ability to handle pressure situations with grace and excellence have made him an inspirational figure for countless Indians.
These are just a few examples of the remarkable individuals who have received Indian Gallantry Awards. Their acts of valor, dedication, and selflessness serve as a source of inspiration for the nation, reminding us of the incredible courage that individuals can display in the service of their country and fellow citizens.
Challenges and Controversies
While Indian Gallantry Awards are generally held in high regard and are symbols of valor and sacrifice, they are not without their share of controversies and challenges:
- Selection Bias and Transparency : There have been occasional allegations of selection bias or political influence in the awarding of these honors. Maintaining transparency and ensuring that the selection process is entirely merit-based remains a challenge.
- Overlooked Acts of Bravery : Some argue that not all deserving acts of bravery receive recognition. In a diverse and vast country like India, many courageous acts go unnoticed or unreported, and there may be limitations in the system’s ability to capture all such acts.
- Posthumous Awards : While posthumous awards are important for honoring those who made the ultimate sacrifice, there can be difficulties in verifying and accurately assessing the actions of recipients who are no longer alive to provide firsthand accounts or witnesses.
- Media Sensationalism : In some cases, media sensationalism surrounding gallantry awards can detract from the true spirit of recognition. Excessive media attention can inadvertently undermine the humility and selflessness associated with acts of bravery.
- Validation and Verification : Validating and verifying the details of an act of bravery, especially in high-risk or combat situations, can be challenging. The need for accurate and comprehensive documentation can sometimes hinder the recognition process.
- Complex Criteria : The complexity of criteria for different awards may lead to confusion or debate over whether a particular act qualifies for a specific honor. Clarifying and simplifying these criteria is an ongoing challenge.
- Equity and Inclusivity : Ensuring that acts of bravery across diverse contexts, including those by civilians, women, and different regions of India, receive equitable recognition is a continuous challenge.
- Respect for Recipients : In some instances, recipients of gallantry awards have faced challenges in their personal lives, including difficulties in obtaining employment or housing due to a lack of awareness or societal prejudices. Ensuring that awardees are respected and supported in their post-award lives remains a concern.
Despite these challenges and controversies, the Indian Gallantry Awards system remains an important means of recognizing and honoring acts of bravery. Continuous efforts are made to improve transparency, streamline processes, and address any shortcomings to ensure the integrity and credibility of the awards are maintained. These honors continue to inspire individuals across the nation to act courageously and selflessly when the need arises.
Impact on Society
The Indian Gallantry Awards have had a profoundly positive impact on society, contributing to the promotion of patriotism, bravery, and a strong sense of duty. Here’s how these awards have influenced Indian society:
- Inspiration and Role Models : Gallantry award recipients serve as powerful role models for people of all ages, backgrounds, and professions. Their stories of valor and sacrifice inspire individuals to rise above their fears and limitations and take courageous actions when necessary.
- Fostering Patriotism : The awards instill a sense of patriotism and love for the nation among citizens. Recognizing the sacrifices made by gallantry award recipients reminds people of the importance of serving the country and reinforces their commitment to its welfare and security.
- Respect for Armed Forces : Gallantry awards, especially those given to military personnel, bolster respect and admiration for the armed forces. They highlight the dedication and courage of soldiers, encouraging the public to appreciate the sacrifices made by those in uniform.
- Nurturing a Culture of Bravery : These awards help nurture a culture of bravery and selflessness. They send a clear message that acts of courage, whether in times of conflict, during natural disasters, or in everyday life, are praiseworthy and worthy of emulation.
- Community and National Unity : The recognition of acts of bravery transcends regional, linguistic, and communal differences, promoting a sense of unity and belonging among diverse communities in India. It reinforces the idea that the nation stands united in the face of adversity.
- Increased Awareness : Gallantry awards draw attention to the challenges faced by those in the armed forces, paramilitary, and law enforcement agencies. This increased awareness can lead to greater public support for these organizations and a better understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Promoting a Sense of Duty : The stories of gallantry award recipients emphasize the importance of duty and responsibility towards society and the nation. They encourage individuals to contribute positively to their communities and to fulfill their roles as responsible citizens.
- Enhancing Morale : For members of the armed forces and paramilitary forces, these awards boost morale and reinforce the idea that their sacrifices and acts of valor are recognized and appreciated by the nation.
- Encouraging Acts of Kindness : Gallantry awards awarded to civilians who exhibit bravery in everyday life inspire others to step forward and help those in need. They encourage acts of kindness, compassion, and assistance during emergencies or challenging situations.
- Preserving a Legacy : These awards help preserve the legacy of those who have made significant sacrifices or displayed exceptional bravery, ensuring that their stories continue to inspire future generations.
In summary, the Indian Gallantry Awards have a multifaceted positive impact on society. They inspire patriotism, encourage bravery, foster unity, and remind individuals of their duties and responsibilities towards the nation and their fellow citizens. These awards not only honor the past but also play a crucial role in shaping a brighter and more courageous future for India.
In conclusion, the Indian Gallantry Awards represent a distinguished tradition of recognizing and celebrating acts of extraordinary bravery and valor. These awards have evolved over time, from their colonial-era origins to the modern system that honors individuals from diverse backgrounds and contexts. The significance of Indian Gallantry Awards lies in their role as a symbol of national pride, their ability to inspire future generations, and their contribution to fostering a culture of heroism and selflessness.
Throughout this essay, we explored the historical background and development of these awards, the various categories and criteria for selection, and the notable recipients whose exceptional acts of courage continue to inspire us. We also discussed the challenges and controversies associated with the awards system, as well as the positive impact they have had on Indian society, promoting patriotism, bravery, and a sense of duty.
In a world filled with challenges and uncertainties, the Indian Gallantry Awards remind us that ordinary individuals have the capacity for extraordinary courage and selflessness. They serve as beacons of hope, demonstrating that even in the face of adversity, we can rise above our fears and limitations to protect and serve our nation and fellow citizens.
As we reflect on the stories of gallantry award recipients and the principles they embody, let us remember that the spirit of courage and sacrifice lives within each of us. It is a call to action for all of us to find our own opportunities to make a difference, to stand up for what is right, and to contribute to a safer and more compassionate society. Just as these heroes have shown us, in acts of bravery, we can find our greatest strength.
- This official government website provides comprehensive information about Indian Gallantry Awards, including historical background, categories, and recipients.
- This book offers an in-depth exploration of the Param Vir Chakra and its historical context.
- This news article provides examples of gallantry award recipients for anti-terrorism operations in Jammu and Kashmir.
- This article includes the citation for Neerja Bhanot’s Ashoka Chakra award, offering insights into her act of bravery.
Essay on Friendship in English & 10 Best Tips For Essay On Friendship
Discover the importance of friendship and its role in our lives with our “Essay on Friendship in English.” Explore the different types of friendships, the benefits they offer, and the effort required to maintain them. Get tips for making new friends and building lasting relationships. Read on for an engaging and insightful essay on this…
Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media
Explore the pros and cons of social media in our comprehensive Essay on Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Media. Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of these digital platforms, from global connectivity to privacy concerns. Gain valuable insights into the impact of social media on our lives. Essay on Advantages of Social Media Advantages of…
Essay On Deforestation : “The Impact of Deforestation: Causes, Effects, and Solutions”
“Learn about the causes, effects, and solutions of deforestation in this informative essay On Deforestation. Explore the environmental, social, and economic impacts of this critical issue, and discover how we can preserve our forests for future generations. Read now and join the fight against deforestation!” Essay On Deforestation For Class 1,2,3,4,5 10 Lines Essay On…
Essay on World Rabies Day in English
Explore a comprehensive essay on World Rabies Day in English, highlighting its significance, objectives, global impact, and the One Health approach. Learn how this annual observance raises awareness about rabies prevention and the pursuit of a world free from this deadly disease. World Rabies Day: Raising Awareness to Prevent a Deadly Disease Essay on World…
Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources
Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources Conservation of Natural Resources Poster Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources Conservation of Natural Resources Poster drawing Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources Slogans on Conservation of Natural Resources Essay on Conservation of Natural Resources Conservation of Natural Resources: Nurturing a Sustainable Tomorrow Introduction Natural resources, the essential elements…
Essay on Trees our Best Friend | The Importance of Trees in Our Ecosystem
Explore the significance of trees in our ecosystem, their role in climate change mitigation, and the benefits of tree planting in this insightful essay. Looking for an insightful essay on trees? This article explores the importance of trees in our ecosystem, their ecological, social, and economic significance, threats they face, and the need for conservation…
Gallantry Award Winners Essay in English
Hi, friends! This page, titled “ Essay On Gallantry Award Winners In 300 Words ,” contains a 300-word essay about a winner of the Gallantry Award. So… let’s get going.
Essay on Gallantry Award Winners in English
Gallantry awards are awarded by the government of India to celebrate the act of courage and sacrifices of the Indian Armed Service and Civilians . After independence, bravery medals including Maha Veer Chakra, and Vir Chakra was Instituted by the Indian government on 26 January 1950.
Neerja Bhanot ( Gallantry Award Winner)
Neerja Bhanot is the holder of the Gallantry Award that I admire the most. She was given the Ashoka Chakra for her efforts. During a landing in Karachi, Pakistan, she was the senior purser for Pan Am Flight 73, which was later captured by terrorists connected with a terrorist organization. She lost her life while helping to save the lives of people on the flight. She was from India. On 5 September 1986. Just a few days before she turned 23 years old.
Speech on Hindi Diwas in English Role of Tribal Uprisings in Freedom Struggle Essay gallantry award winners essay 100 words gallantry award winners essay 150 words gallantry award winners essay 200 words gallantry award winners essay 400 words gallantry award winners essay 500 words gallantry award winners essay 750 words gallantry award winners essay 1000 words
Vikram Batra a Gallantry
Kargil Vijay Diwas is a holiday that is celebrated yearly in India on July 26. On this day, the nation pays tribute to all of the combat heroes who served during the War. Every year, on this day, amongst the many courageous hearts who sacrificed their lives, if there is one name that pops into everybody’s mind, it is that of Captain Vikram Batra . During the war, he bravely fought for India without fear, giving his life as a sacrifice. He was given the Param Vir Chakra for his service. On August 15, 1999, he was awarded India’s highest honor.
Captain Vikram Batra displayed the most conspicuous display of personal bravery and leadership of the highest order in the face of the enemy, and he made the highest sacrifice by the highest tradition of the Indian army. His actions have been hailed as one of the most significant moments in the history of the Indian military.
I hope this essay might have helped you gain immense knowledge and help you write the best essay among your friends.
Please let us know your feedback in the comment section.
lachit borphukan essay in English my vision of India in 2047 essay essay on Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav value of discipline essay essay on Service to Mankind is service to God
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Question and Answer forum for K12 Students
Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners: A Tribute to Them
Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners: Gallantry awards are bestowed upon individuals who have displayed exceptional courage and bravery in the face of danger or risked their lives to protect the nation’s interests. These awards are a symbol of recognition and appreciation for the heroism of the awardees. In this article, we will highlight some of the most inspiring stories of gallantry award winners in India.
Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners
In this blog Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners, we include Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners, in 100, 200, 250, and 300 words. Also cover the Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners belonging to classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and up to the 12th class and also for kids, children, and students. You can read more Essay writing in 10 lines, and about sports, events, occasions, festivals, etc… Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners is also available in different languages. In the Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners, the following features are explained in the given manner.
Param Vir Chakra (PVC) Awardees
The Param Vir Chakra is the highest military decoration awarded for acts of valour in the presence of the enemy. Some of the most notable PVC awardees include Major Somnath Sharma, Captain Manoj Pandey, and Havildar Abdul Hamid, who showed exceptional bravery and valour in different wars fought by India.
Ashok Chakra Awardees
The Ashok Chakra is the highest peacetime gallantry award in India, awarded for acts of valour and courage displayed outside the battlefield. The list of Ashok Chakra awardees includes individuals like Neerja Bhanot, who sacrificed her life to save passengers on board a hijacked flight, and Kamlesh Kumari, who fought against terrorists to save the lives of her fellow citizens.
Mahavir Chakra (MVC) Awardees
The Mahavir Chakra is the second-highest military decoration awarded for acts of valour in the presence of the enemy. Some of the notable MVC awardees include Captain Vikram Batra, who sacrificed his life in the Kargil War, and Naik Jadunath Singh, who fought valiantly in the Indo-Pak War of 1947.
Kirti Chakra Awardees
The Kirti Chakra is the second-highest peacetime gallantry award in India, awarded for acts of valour and courage displayed outside the battlefield. Some of the notable Kirti Chakra awardees include Hemant Karkare, who laid down his life fighting terrorists during the 2008 Mumbai attacks, and Major D. Sreeram Kumar, who saved the lives of many people during a terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
Shaurya Chakra Awardees
The Shaurya Chakra is the third-highest peacetime gallantry award in India, awarded for acts of valour and courage displayed outside the battlefield. Some of the notable Shaurya Chakra awardees include Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who laid down his life fighting terrorists during the 2008 Mumbai attacks, and Lieutenant Colonel D. S. Cheema, who rescued 65 tourists during the 2013 North India floods.
The gallantry award winners in India have shown exemplary courage, valour, and selflessness in protecting the nation’s interests and its citizens. Their stories are a testament to the strength and bravery of the human spirit. It is essential to recognize and appreciate their sacrifices and contributions to the nation.
Also Read: Write a paragraph on my best friend 100 words
FAQ’s On Paragraph On Gallantry Award Winners
Question 1. How do you start an essay on gallantry award winners?
Answer: One way to start an essay on gallantry award winners is to provide some background information on the awards and their significance, followed by a brief overview of some notable winners. Another approach could be to highlight the bravery and selflessness exhibited by these individuals and the impact of their actions on society.
Question 2. Who are the winners of the gallantry award?
Answer: The gallantry award winners are individuals who have shown exceptional bravery and courage in the face of danger while serving in the armed forces, police, or civil services. Some of the well-known gallantry award winners include Captain Vikram Batra, Subedar Major Yogendra Singh Yadav, Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey, Naik Jadu Nath Singh, and Havildar Abdul Hamid. These brave individuals have sacrificed their lives for the nation and are remembered with great respect and honor.
Question 3. What is the paragraph of gallantry awards?
Answer: A gallantry award is a medal or award bestowed upon an individual in recognition of their bravery, valor, or courage in the face of danger. These awards are usually given to members of the military, police, or fire department who have exhibited exceptional bravery in the line of duty.
The gallantry awards are a way to recognize and honor the selfless service and sacrifice of these brave men and women, who put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. The highest gallantry award in India is the Param Vir Chakra, followed by the Maha Vir Chakra and the Vir Chakra.
Question 4. Who won the gallantry award with paragraph 150 words?
Answer: There have been many gallantry award winners over the years, each recognized for their outstanding acts of bravery and heroism. One such person is Subedar Yogendra Singh Yadav, who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military honor, for his exceptional bravery during the Kargil War in 1999.
During the war, Subedar Yadav was part of the Ghatak Platoon tasked with capturing a strategic peak called Tiger Hill. Despite being heavily outnumbered and facing intense enemy fire, he led his team to the top of the peak and captured it. He was injured during the assault but continued to fight until he collapsed. His bravery and determination in the face of overwhelming odds were instrumental in the success of the mission.
Question 5. How do you introduce an award winner?
Answer: To introduce an award winner, you can start with a brief introduction about the award and its significance. Then, provide some background information about the winner, including their achievements and contributions that led to them receiving the award. Finally, highlight some of the specific reasons why the winner was chosen and why they are deserving of the recognition.
Read More Essays:
- As One Journey Ends Another Begins Paragraph
- Work Is Worship Paragraph
- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Paragraph
- Paragraph On Plants
- Paragraph Is Verbal Or Non Verbal
- Childhood Of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Paragraph In English
- Clean India Green India Paragraph
- Youth And Sports Paragraph
- Calligraphy Paragraph
- Paragraph On Butterfly
Gallantry Award Winner Essay
Essay on gallantry award winner.
I will honour my role model (Gallantry Award winner) _________ by taking a pledge to _______
essay gallantry award winner cbse board class 6 , 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12
Gallantry award is given to Indian armed forces, officers and civilians to honour them for their constant bravery and sacrifice. The civilians of armed forces work selflessly for the sake of our country till their last breath. The highest gallantry award Paramvir chakra and Mahavir chakra were introduced by the government of India after independence. Vir chakra, ashoka chakra, kirti chakra and shaurya chakrawere added to the list of gallantry awards later on. The soldiers who laid down their lives to protect our country from the enemies are honoured by all these gallantry wards. In this essay I will depict how the bravery and sacrifice of soldiers have inspired me immensely.
Gallantry award winner captain Vikram Batra as my role model:
Every year the brave soldiers who sacrificed their life for the sake of our country get honour through gallantry awards on the republic day and Independence Day. Whenever we talk about the brave hearts of soldiers who won ParamVir chakra the name of Captain VikramBatra come first in my mind. He lost his life while he was fighting fearlessly in the Kargil war for protecting then nation. He brought victory in the Kargil war by fighting with his courage and leadership skills. He is the Paramvir chakra awardee of the year 1999 celebrated on 15 th august, India’s 52 nd Independence Day. His indomitable spirit, fearlessness, dignity and sacrifice have inspired me a lot which has changed my view towards life. He was always ready to serve the nation at any situation and condition which shows his true responsible nature as an ideal soldier. His helpful nature to support others in difficult times has taught me to be kind. His positive view to life and calmness has made me understand the need of being focused in tough times. He has showed us the valid and powerful reasons of leading an honourable life as a soldier in Indian armed forces.
We all have some aim in life which we want to achieve one day with hard work and dedication. After following the life journey and positive attitude of my role model VikramBatra my aspiration is to become a great soldier and serve our nation. As I always want to do something for my motherland and people, it will be a great role to protect my nation from the enemies. It will fulfil my mind when I will be able to do something for my country and give a fruitful future to its people. I have clearly understood that I will be responsible to stand like a protective wall near the borders of my country. The disciplined and well organised lifestyle of soldiers have inspired me so much that I have adopted in my daily routine. All soldiers are trained through such hardships and difficulties that they become completely responsible to do their duty ideally. I have understood that as a soldier I need to be focused in my duty at any circumstances. As a soldier I need to be concerned about everything around me always which is a sign of wise personality. Captain VikramBatra had always lived a life with complete dignity at all situations which is another reason for my inspiration. At all times, he acted the role of great friend and leader besides fulfilling all the responsibilities of a soldier. He had never thought for second times when it came to fight for his nation. So, in the overall his courageous nature, positive attitude and sacrifice have inspired me a lot to choose the career of soldier by keeping all other options behind. I would like to say that I have always immense honour for all army soldiers in my mind who have chosen the life of soldiers with the aim of protecting the nation and fighting for it. All these reasons are enough to make me feel proud for choosing the armed forces as a great career option.
The persons who choose the life of soldiers are well-known to the life of dignity, honour, full of sacrifices and unavoidable duty. This reasons should always be in mind while moving ahead to be an ideal soldier of the country. So, as a soldier it is also my responsible to protect my country and reach to the supreme power where no enemy can think about disturbing us. I will follow the philosophy of captain VikramBatra for becoming a great soldier and fight for my country at all situations. At any cost I want to see my motherland safe, free from the attack of enemies. So, I want to join Indian armed forces in future to dedicate my life for the nation and work selflessly for the people of it.
FAQs on Gallantry Award Winner Essay Class 6 to 12:
- What are the names of all gallantry awards given by the government of India?
Answer. The names of all gallantry awards category wise are Paramvir chakra, Mahavir chakra, Vir chakra, Ashoka chakra, Kirti chakra and Shaurya chakra.
- On which days gallantry awards are given and by whom?
Answer. Every year gallantry awards are announced twice, once on the republic day and the other on the Independence Day. Gallantry awards are given by the president of India at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
For more update follow net explanations page
nice epic super
hey this was really helpful and impressive as well.Thank You!!
Bhai mene q&a nahi manga mene essay manga tha
Sahi hai yaar
This is so impressive
Bakwas essay koi ni kahega..Ye kitna accha essay hai
it was very helpful to my child
very bad it is not useful to me
How can we help You?
You can help us by giving some more detailed information about vikram batra sir , actually i need a biography of him
Ok We will add Biographyon Vikram Batra Sir
Thankyou for this because I get hint from the it and it’s very nice…
Nice this essay because this are appointed of gallantry award winner who is an army I am proud of this army she became a gallantry award winner and who wrote this essay that will be a big and associated man I also proud of this man who wrote this essay and best of luck that you wrote another thing so please don’t leave this duty.you must pleased the god .
THANK YOU ☺️
It’s a really inspiring story
Please do remember that it is the defence forces which are willing to take molten lead on their living flesh in defence of our country
It helps me too much really very good it is……..
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.