100+ Informative Essay Topics for Top Students
What is an informative essay .
As this task is encountered even among middle school students these days, it is basically a creative assignment that includes writing, correct structuring, researching, and even analysis as it is being written. In simple terms, it stands for a type of paper where your purpose is to tell your target audience about something. It can be an object, some personality, an event, or a phenomenon like northern lights.
You have to collect as much information dealing with your topic as you can. Therefore, finding informative topics to write about often becomes challenging as things must be narrowed down. You have to explain how something works or why it happens. The younger students may have to discuss something with a teacher first while college students will have to start with independent research and provide good sources to support their findings.
How To Choose Informative Essay Topics?
This part can easily seem difficult, especially if you have never dealt with choosing a subject for your informative essay. You should not let it frighten you as there are several things to follow:
- Keep your topic narrowed down to address only one issue.
- Your tone must be explanatory as you have to explain how something works.
- Focus on processes or the cause-and-effect aspect if it is applicable.
- Keep things inspiring and provide interesting information.
- Topics for informative writing must have a good structure with an introduction, thesis, and conclusion that sums things up.
- Provide sources to support information.
- Informative essays must have zero bias as your task is to provide information.
Remember to double-check your grading rubric to ensure that every minor rule is followed!
Good Informative Essay Topics
When you are starting with informative essay ideas, it is important to narrow things down and provide all the necessary sources for ideas that are not originally yours. Even if you talk about baking bread or discuss yoga practices in Thailand, you may still require an essay plagiarism fixer to get things right as you must include your sources in the final paper bibliography. Of course, things become much easier when you have good examples. Keeping the possible challenges in time, we provide you with various categories based on academic level and complexity to help you get into creative mode!
- Informative Essay Topics For Middle School
Without a doubt, middle school is the best place and time to get creative. The trick here is to be a great narrator who can explain something by offering examples. For example, you can talk about your experience at summer camp and tell about what you have learned. You can generalize your impressions and tell about why it is important and how it can be helpful for others.
- The role of water in our lives.
- The challenges of raising a well-behaved dog.
- What does it mean to be popular in middle school?
- The dangers of cyberbullying and the ways to prevent it.
- How can scouting help us become more responsible?
- The reasons why smoking is bad.
- Learning financial security must be taught in schools.
- How to overcome a heartbreak when you are a student?
- My first trip abroad.
- Why telling the truth is something we must learn.
- How to take care of younger siblings?
- Why learning history is important.
- The importance of reading helps us to write better.
- The role of children in politics.
- School safety and karate classes.
- The pros and cons of playing video games.
- The Irish heritage among American students.
- Why learning STEM subjects is important.
- How to manage homework stress.
- The easy way to serve yourself a breakfast.
- Informative Essay Topics For High School
As a rule, high school will deal with more important topics that are more serious and will require doing some research. You can talk about social issues or volunteering, the dangers of video games, or bullying. Your purpose is to inform others about some issues that can be explored and discussed with your teacher and the other students.
Here are informative essay topics to consider that will work well:
- Why TV shows for teens is not always a good influence.
- Playing sports as a high-school student: the challenges.
- The role of online volunteering for students.
- Dealing with a mental breakdown.
- How to help friends with learning disabilities cope.
- The pros and cons of modern Instagram influencers.
- The importance of education in our lives.
- Video games: how to talk to your parents.
- Obesity and high school lunches: the evidence.
- How to make friends when you are a high-school freshman.
- Why listening to music can help you to cope with your homework.
- The role of team projects at schools.
- The best ways to overcome the fear of school presentations.
- The history of the Black Lives Matter social movement.
- The role of George W. Bush in foreign politics of the United States.
- The importance of pet shelters.
- My first trip to the mosque / orthodoxal church (fit anything that fits).
- The culture and traditions of the American Indians.
- The basics of gender equality in our society.
- How to dress well and impress your friends as a high school student.
- Informative Essay Topics For College
The majority of college students get their share of informative essays, which is why it is essential to narrow things down as you choose a competitive topic. Remember to provide sources if you use any information that has been quoted or an idea that is not yours. It will help you to avoid plagiarism while keeping things reliable regardless of informative writing topics that will always deal with some sort of external information.
- Dealing with college debt.
- The best ways to find a college internship.
- The role of a college mental help center for students with dyslexia.
- The pros and cons of community colleges today.
- Why being an exchange student can widen your horizons.
- The benefits of publishing your research college paper.
- How to fight procrastination when you are at college.
- The challenges of college athletes and academic excellence.
- Why is college social work becoming more important than ever?
- How to say “no” to binge drinking when you are a college student?
- Reporting abuse on behalf of teachers: things you must know.
- The best ways to learn how to wash your clothes correctly.
- The ways to solve conflicts with your siblings.
- Why you should start saving for college.
- The importance of learning a foreign language while at college.
- How to avoid plagiarism in your research paper.
- Romantic relationships among college students.
- Tech startups for college students: pros and cons.
- Study and travel: why it is becoming even more popular.
- Evolution of rock (or any other style) music culture.
- Interesting Informative Essay Topics
Remember that informative essay topics must be interesting and inspiring. Below are twenty great ideas to keep your creativity up and running:
- The history of yoga and meditation.
- The cultural background of Mardi Gras.
- Things we did not know about Native American Culture.
- How to survive in the wilderness.
- The benefits of being a vegetarian.
- The role of love and affection among dogs.
- Why do Indians believe in after-life?
- Why do people see the light when in a coma?
- PTSD and brain processing of information.
- The role of mills in the Netherlands and their protective functions.
- The history of Mafia and the most common myths.
- The heritage of English etiquette traditions.
- Why is France considered the homeland of the fashion industry?
- The sanitary conditions in the Middle Ages.
- The definition of friendship in different cultures.
- The Middle Eastern trading traditions and the markets.
- The most common misconceptions about video games.
- The reasons why younger children learn foreign languages easier.
- Flemish traditions and their influence on the world of arts.
- Popularity and loneliness on social media.
- Informative Process Analysis Essay Topics
The trick with topics for informative essays that deal with some process is to describe some routine by providing as much information as you can. For example, you can tell how to feed a baby with the bottle or talk about how to install Windows. Almost any topic will fit here as long as it includes and describes some process!
- How to cook a delicious meal for your significant other.
- The safety behavior rules when dealing with a malfunctioning electric device.
- Manufacturing of lycra clothes.
- Installing an average app on your smartphone: the things to know.
- Working with a telescope: basic safety rules.
- Setting up the tent in the wilderness.
- Sanitary standards during Covid-19 times.
- Preparation for a college video conference.
- Dealing with a wound: emergency instructions.
- Substance abuse: reporting the trouble.
- Hairdressing and fashion standards.
- Creating a successful resume at LinkedIn.
- Feeding an infant.
- Creating a nursing reflection journal.
- Setting up your profile on Face book.
- Woodcutting and the use of traditional tools.
- Renting a room as a college student.
- Protecting international property online: things to know.
- Cooking seafood: the rules to remember.
- Driving a car for the first time.
- Easy Informative Essay Topics
Here are some easy topics that are mostly entertaining and will appeal to the younger generation as this kind of exploration will be interesting. Remember to get your facts and citations first as it will help to save some precious time and outline things in a better way.
- The secrets in how music DJs work.
- The history of Korean pop music.
- The technical aspect of the Star Wars saga.
- The history of Bollywood.
- The benefits of studying at MIT.
- How to choose your first guitar.
- The truth about fast-food restaurants: bias or truth?
- The differences between Republicans and Democrats.
- Dealing with anorexia and social media’s role.
- The history of superstitions regarding black cats.
- The most common objectives of left-wing activists.
- The biography and cultural significance of the Beatles.
- The secrets to becoming a successful surfer.
- Steve Jobs: the things he stood for.
- The history of scouting in the United States.
- The benefits of being an exchange student in Southern America.
- The role of herbal medicine in the fashion industry.
- Science fiction and the engineering disciplines’ popularity.
- The health effect of the sauna.
- The explanation of dreams in different religions.
Most importantly, remember that if you are choosing something contradictory and sensitive for your informational essay topics, always show respect and provide information that would either explain or balance the main points.
Getting That Extra Bit of Assistance
Remember that it is only natural to get stuck with your topic as you may not know how to continue with an introduction or believe that your informative essay thesis is too weak. Have no worries as you can always approach college essay help that will not cost a fortune and will follow all the guidelines of your grading rubric. The experts will also help you come up with a great research summary for your assignment or any other task like explanatory writing. Just get in touch and we shall provide you with the most efficient, reliable, and timely solutions!
Order your paper now!
- Criminology Essay Topics
- 100+ Best Exemplification Essay Topics
- Economics Essay Topics
- 110 Great Process Analysis Essay Topics Ideas
- 100+ Greek Mythology Essay Topics Ideas For You
26 Best Report Writing Topics For Students
Stumped while brainstorming report writing topics? We’ve got your back. Take a look at our list of interesting-to-research report topics for students.
Completing a research report for a high school or college English class can be a great way to show off your smarts or interest in a topic, but figuring out where to start can be challenging. Choosing a topic that interests you is an essential part of getting started. The more curious you are about your chosen topic, the more interested you’ll be in the research process.
Choose from our list of sample essay topics below to show off your writing skills—we have options that work for several types of report writing formats. If you’re still stuck picking your next essay topic, check out our round-up of essay topics about education .
1. Technology’s Effect on Society
2. gun control in america, 3. anxiety and social media, 4. present-day slavery, 5. should assisted suicide be legal, 6. the draft’s history in america, 7. no child left behind: did it work, 8. the bp oil spill: 12 years later, 9. parental leave around the world, 10. the insanity plea, 12. trans rights: at what age should a person be legally allowed to transition, 13. should school uniforms be mandatory, 14. compare the uk and us education systems, 15. discuss the pros and cons of violent tv shows for teens, 16. analyze how peer pressure impacts teenagers, 17. does music have healing powers, 18. analyze the causes of wildfires, 19. discuss the impact of global warming on the environment, 20. how does single parenting impact the upbringing of a child, 21. what are the social impacts of the covid-19 pandemic, 22. the effects of urbanization on wildlife, 23. mental health impact of social media on teens, 24. sustainable farming practices and food security, 25. the rise of e-learning, 26. impact of plastic waste on marine life.
Technology makes our lives easier in many ways, but today’s tech-heavy society can also have detrimental effects. Some people find they must always be reachable due to constant access through email and cell phones, while others appreciate instant access to the people closest to them.
In a research report on how technology affects today’s society, you can focus on both sides, touching on how technology makes life easier and affects relationships and work-life balance. Discuss how technology has positively affected medical care and how the overuse of technology has contributed to health issues (including an increasingly sedentary lifestyle). Be sure to back up your points with background information based on research.
Gun control in the United States is a controversial topic. This type of academic report can either be written as a report that presents both sides of a story or as a persuasive report that argues one side. People who are for gun control argue that access to guns increases the risk of violence in the United States. In contrast, people against gun control argue that guns aren’t responsible for deaths and violence.
While presenting this topic in a formal report, discuss the history of gun control in the United States. You may also want to consider comparing gun violence rates in the United States with gun violence in other countries and comparing gun control laws in the U.S. to gun control laws in other countries. Be sure to check your sources carefully when writing about gun control, and choose unbiased sources as often as possible.
It’s tough to avoid social media in today’s day and age. While many people find social media a valuable tool for keeping in touch with family and friends, others find apps like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to induce stress. Research shows that using social media can have an addictive effect, as scrolling through a social media app affects the brain’s levels of dopamine, a feel-good chemical.
The high associated with scrolling social media can become addictive. People may find themselves stuck in the downward spiral of scrolling for a dopamine hit, followed by comparing themselves to others, negatively affecting their self-esteem. In a paper on this topic, explore how cutting down on social media can relieve adolescent anxiety and explain how social media can also be used to boost self-esteem positively.
While many think of slavery as a thing of the past, the concept is still sadly alive today. This can be an emotional and tough topic to research and write about. Still, it can educate your readers about the harsh reality of present-day slavery, bringing attention to an issue that often goes ignored.
According to antislavery.org , nearly 50 million people live in modern-day slavery, and approximately 25% of modern-day enslaved people are children. There are many forms of modern-day slavery, including forced marriage, domestic servitude, forced labor, human trafficking, and descent-based slavery (when enslaved children are also forced to work as enslaved people). For your research report on present-day slavery, you may focus on one of these areas or explore the concept of modern-day slavery as a whole.
Many people who have experienced the death of a loved one have struggled to watch them suffer and have wished that there was something they could do to help them end their suffering. In some states in America, assisted suicide has become legal . This means that a person who is terminally ill can work with their medical treatment team to develop a plan to die on their terms.
Some people are against assisted suicide and believe people should be unable to choose how and when they’ll die. In contrast, others feel that allowing people to choose their time of death following a diagnosis of a terminal illness allows them to pass away with dignity.
This report writing topic for students can work as an informational or persuasive essay. If you have strong feelings on the topic, be sure to present both sides of the argument and your personal opinion on your point of view. You’ll also want to be sure to touch on the history of assisted suicide in the United States and views on assisted suicide around the world, as the practice is common in many areas of the world.
The draft in the United States dictates that any male over the age of 18 can be called to military service in times of war. While some people believe that the draft is outdated and should be left behind , others believe that the draft still has a place in America.
This topic can work either as a research report or a persuasive essay. If you can, talking with a military veteran who began their service due to the draft can help bring realism to your report. You may also want to talk with people who left the country to avoid the draft.
While the draft currently can only bring men to military service, some people believe that women should also be able to be drafted. Discussing this aspect of the history of the draft in the United States can add an exciting aspect to your report.
No Child Left Behind was enacted by President George W. Bush and was in effect from 2002-2015. The law rewarded teachers and schools for having high-performing classrooms and penalized schools that did not perform up to par. While some people felt that the law was the right thing to keep schools accountable for student progress, others felt that it kept disadvantaged students at a disadvantage instead of providing teachers and schools with the support they needed to achieve.
While some schools rose to the challenges of No Child Left Behind, others struggled. In an essay on the topic, you’ll need to form your own opinion on whether NCLB was an effective law for education in the United States. You may want to interview educators and administrators working in schools during the No Child Left Behind era to get firsthand opinions on whether the laws were adequate.
Also known as the Deepwater Horizon oil spill , the BP oil spill occurred on April 20, 2021, and spilled more than 130 million gallons off the Gulf of Mexico near New Othe Orleans, Louisiana coast. The effects of the BP oil spill are still being felt in the area more than a decade later.
You can go in several different directions while reporting on the effects of the BP oil spill. The animal and plant life in the area is still suffering from the spill’s effects. People in the area are also struggling, especially those who made a living fishing off the coast. Tourism in the area
has also been affected, leaving many people in New Orleans struggling to make ends meet.
The length of your research paper will determine how in-depth you can go with the topic. If you’re writing a shorter research paper, it’s wise to choose one of the topics (how the spill has affected the area’s economy, wildlife, tourism, etc.). If you’re writing a longer research paper, split it into subheadings so you can fully delve into each facet of the topic.
Many parents in the United States struggle to make ends meet following the birth of a child due to the short time that companies are required to give parents after they welcome a baby into their home. While the United Nations recommends that mothers have at least four months to recover after giving birth, the United States has no federal requirement for parental leave .
While researching this issue, it’s key to explain the differences between how new parents are treated in the United States compared to other countries and how this treatment affects both the stress levels and job performance of new parents. You’ll want to be sure to look at both sides of the issue, also explaining how the lack of a federally mandated parental leave policy can affect companies.
In the United States, a person can be found not guilty of a crime because of insanity. This means that the person accused of a crime isn’t found innocent—the court has decided that they could not understand the severity of the crime. Some people argue that people should not be able to plead insanity after committing a crime, as the crime occurred whether they understood their actions or not. Others argue that the insanity defense is necessary to protect people who do not understand the consequences of their actions.
When writing a research paper on the insanity defense, it’s key to include examples from real-life legal cases, such as the Steven Steinberg case (1981) . Mr. Steinberg claimed he was sleepwalking and dreaming about a break-in to his home when he stabbed and killed his wife. Steinberg was found not guilty due to temporary insanity, as the jury decided he was not in his right mind when the crime occurred.
Transgender health has received a lot of attention in the news recently, and one of the most commonly debated topics in the transgender health medical community is at what age it makes sense for people who are transgender to begin taking hormones and undergo surgical procedures that allow their body to be in alignment with their gender identification.
According to AP News , “The World Professional Association for Transgender Health said hormones could be started at age 14, two years earlier than the group’s previous advice, and some surgeries are done at age 15 or 17, a year or so earlier than previous guidance.”
Digging into the current research on transgender health and gender dysphoria can help you determine your position on this issue. Be sure that the news sources you use are current, as research in this area constantly evolves. You’ll want to be sure you’re basing your opinion on the most up-to-date information from the medical community.
In most US schools, school uniforms aren’t mandatory; instead, the school enforces a dress code. Dress codes define the clothing the school board finds acceptable for students. The dress code can vary from school to school, but for the most part, it requires students to wear appropriate clothing that is not overly short, formal, or dressy. Some argue that allowing students to choose their clothing for school promotes individuality and confidence. In other countries in the world, a school uniform is mandatory. The purpose of a school uniform is to eliminate any class issues where some children may be able to afford more fashionable clothes than others. A uniform ensures all students look the same and can be argued to promote a feeling of self-confidence and a sense of belonging amongst the students, removing the pressure on deciding what to wear and meeting peer expectations regarding fashion. Choose a side and argue your case in your report, citing sources and studies.
The education systems in the US and the UK have pros and cons. Some argue that the US approach allows for confidence building through more extracurricular activities, while others argue that the UK prioritizes subjects like Math and English from a younger age. Study the differences in both education systems and choose which one you think is most beneficial to children. Does one education system set students up for success more than the other? Answer this in your own words to create an engaging argument.
Violent TV shows can have positive and negative impacts on teens worldwide. In this report discuss the pros and cons of violent TV shows. Some pros include reinforcing morals and prior beliefs that violence is wrong and has negative consequences. However, some argue that violent TV shows can justify violence in the viewer’s mind.
In your report, analyze both sides of this argument and conclude by discussing your views. Include studies and data to support your arguments, looking at how violence can be perceived.
Peer pressure is one of the biggest challenges that teens face. Peer pressure can be severe, such as peer pressure to drink alcohol underage. However, it can also show up in milder ways, such as pressure to dress a certain way, listen to specific music, or follow the crowd. In your report, discuss the impact of peer pressure on teenagers’ self-esteem and examine how individuality can be challenging to achieve. Discuss factors contributing to peer pressure, like social media, bullying, etc.
Music is argued to be a healing power for mental health, physical conditions and can even help plants grow. Study this theory and use research data to determine whether this is true. In your report, describe how music can be healing, but also look at the limitations. To create a compelling report, source real data on how music has been used to heal a health condition and discuss how much it can help.
Wildfires are becoming increasingly common all around the world. In particular, the US sees a high number of wildfires every year. In August 2002, devastating wildfires across California left many people without homes.
In this report, discuss the causes and effects of wildfires across the globe. Use this report as an opportunity to bring attention to the noticeable effects of global warming and include ways in which governments can work to reduce wildfires.
Global warming is becoming increasingly common, making it an essential topic for argumentative and analytical reports. In your report, discuss the climate changes and how they have impacted the environment.
For example, examine the glaciers and ice sheets shrinking, wildfires across the globe and the overall temperature increase in countries worldwide. Use scientific data to back up your report, keeping it factual and informative.
Parenting is a common topic for research reports, examining how upbringing and circumstance can help or hinder a child’s development and well-being. Study the effects of living in a single-parent household versus a joint-parent household on the well-being and success of children. There are many arguments both for and against single parenting.
Some pros include that the child creates an excellent bond with the parent or the absent parent could negatively affect the child, so they shouldn’t be within the household. However, some cons can include the single parent becoming dependent on childcare. Discuss the effects of single parenting and look at both the positive and negative effects.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the world; with it, social issues have come into focus. Some of the most impactful social challenges of the pandemic are the increasing rates of anxiety and depression . In your report, research and identify the main social challenges that we have faced since the pandemic and discuss the steps that can be taken to recover. Use this report to discuss your own experiences and the challenges others have faced.
Explanation : Urbanization refers to the growth in population concentration in urban areas and its subsequent effects on the environment, economy, and society. One critical effect is on local wildlife, which can be displaced or endangered due to urban sprawl. Start by researching the local species affected by urban development in your region. They should gather data on species decline, habitat loss, or conservation efforts. Consider visiting a local wildlife reserve or sanctuary. Interviewing experts or conservationists can provide firsthand insights works too.
The ubiquitous use of social media has led to various mental health concerns among teenagers, including issues related to self-esteem, peer pressure, and isolation. Analyze various scholarly articles and surveys highlighting the psychological effects of prolonged social media use. Contrast this with the potential positive aspects, like connectivity and information dissemination. Survey your school or community to gather primary data on the topic. This can make the report more relevant and localized.
Sustainable farming is a method of farming that incorporates practices that can sustain the farmer, resources, and the community at large. It often interlinks with food security, ensuring everyone can access sufficient, safe, nutritious food. Examine different sustainable farming methods, their benefits, and how they contribute to food security. Highlight challenges and propose potential solutions. If possible, visit a local farm that employs sustainable practices. Real-world observations can add depth to your report.
E-learning refers to using electronic technologies to access educational content outside of a traditional classroom. With the rise of digital platforms and tools, e-learning has become more prevalent. Assess the advantages of e-learning, such as flexibility and accessibility, against its challenges, like lack of face-to-face interaction and potential distractions. Interview students or educators with firsthand experience with traditional and e-learning settings to provide a balanced view.
Plastic waste often ends up in our oceans, affecting marine life. From microscopic plankton to gigantic whales, marine organisms ingest or get entangled in plastic debris, leading to fatal consequences. Research the plastic journey from land to sea, the species most affected, and the overall ecological repercussions. Investigate potential solutions and conservation efforts. Incorporate visuals, like photographs or infographics, to show the severity of ocean plastic pollution.
Looking for more advice about report writing topics? Check out our guide on how to write an argumentative essay .
Meet Rachael, the editor at Become a Writer Today. With years of experience in the field, she is passionate about language and dedicated to producing high-quality content that engages and informs readers. When she's not editing or writing, you can find her exploring the great outdoors, finding inspiration for her next project.
View all posts
Informative Essay Topics to Suit Every Preference
Exploring the best informative essay topics unveils a wealth of intellectual treasures, with surprises around every corner. Consider this: Honey never spoils. Archaeologists have unearthed pots of honey in ancient Egyptian tombs that are over 3,000 years old and still perfectly edible. Much like the timeless nature of honey, the world of informative essays offers an enduring appeal, providing a reservoir of knowledge that withstands the test of time. Whether you're delving into the wonders of nature, the pages of history, or the intricacies of modern science, the choices are as diverse and enduring as the golden sweetness of honey.
Discover the essence of informative writing as our paper writing experts delve into what is an informative essay and unravel the art of selecting a compelling topic. Navigate through the intricacies of crafting a well-rounded essay that both educates and captivates. From understanding the structure to polishing your prose, our exploration extends to the nuances of creating an informative masterpiece. Uncover a treasure trove of possibilities as we present a comprehensive list of topics spanning the realms of science, history, technology, and beyond.
What Is an Informative Essay
In the academic landscape, an informative essay stands as a unique form of writing with the primary objective of imparting knowledge rather than steering opinions. This genre encapsulates a diverse array of subjects, ranging from the historical trajectory of the Internet to the tangible advantages associated with meditation practices. What distinguishes these essays is their adaptability, accommodating various writing styles such as descriptive, comparative, cause and effect, and even narrative approaches.
What makes informative essays intellectually invigorating is their demand for thorough research. Engaging in this writing process is akin to embarking on a scholarly exploration, requiring the unearthing of insightful information to enhance one's understanding of a given topic. The underlying charm lies not only in the broad spectrum of subjects but also in the commitment to presenting information objectively, ensuring its accuracy and reliability.
Contrary to being exclusive to academia, this type of essay writing offers a pathway for inquisitive minds to expand their knowledge horizons. They serve as an accessible invitation for anyone seeking to gain insights into new realms. The significance of these essays lies in their capacity to empower readers through the delivery of factual, unbiased information.
In the following section, we'll unravel the process of choosing topics for informative essays that not only intrigue but also contribute to the broader tapestry of knowledge acquisition.
Don't Have the Time or Skills to Write Articles Yourself?
Let our professional writing services do the work for you
How to Choose Informative Essay Topics
Choosing the right informative essay topic is essential for crafting an engaging and insightful piece. The topic should be interesting, relevant, and informative. So, what is the first step to creating an informative essay? Here are five tips from our custom essay writing service for selecting a great topic for an informative essay:
Identify your interests and passions - Start your informative essay journey by tapping into your passions and interests. Consider topics that resonate with you personally, whether it's a hobby, a specific field, or an experience you've encountered. This personal connection not only makes the research process more enjoyable but also enriches your writing with genuine enthusiasm.
- Example: If you're passionate about environmental sustainability, you might explore ideas for informative essay like the impact of urbanization on local biodiversity, the effectiveness of recycling programs, or innovations in eco-friendly technologies.
Research current events and trends - Stay in the know by researching current events and trends that capture your interest. This approach ensures that your informative essay remains relevant and addresses topics that are both timely and engaging.
- Example: Dive into topics such as the influence of social media on public discourse, the evolving landscape of remote work, or the ethical considerations surrounding emerging technologies like artificial intelligence.
Consider your audience - Tailor your informative essay to your audience by considering their age group, interests, and needs. Think about what would resonate with them and what knowledge they might find valuable or intriguing.
- Example: If your audience comprises young adults, you might explore topics like the impact of social media on mental health, sustainable lifestyle choices, or the role of technology in shaping future career paths.
Focus on a specific aspect of a broader topic - Narrow down broad topics to a specific aspect, allowing for a focused and in-depth exploration in your essay.
- Example: Instead of tackling the broad theme of 'global health,' narrow your focus to the impact of a specific disease on a particular demographic or the effectiveness of a public health intervention in a specific region.
Brainstorm with others - Collaborate with peers, classmates, or colleagues to brainstorm informative essay ideas. Engaging in discussions with others can bring fresh perspectives and novel ideas to the table.
- Example: Discuss with classmates the potential informational paper topics related to advancements in technology, environmental sustainability, or societal changes. Their insights might lead to unique angles or specific aspects of these broad themes that you hadn't considered.
A List of Good Informative Essay Topics
The key to a compelling, informative essay lies in selecting the right topic, a choice that significantly influences the quality and engagement of your piece. With numerous options available, the challenge often lies in where to begin. In the following paragraphs, we'll delve into various informational topics to write about, spanning current events, social issues, science, and technology, offering a diverse array of subjects for students. These topics not only provide ample opportunities for research but also cater to different purposes—whether your goal is to educate, persuade, or simply inform. So, let's explore some great informative essay examples , sparking inspiration and setting you on a path for a successful academic writing journey!
Easy Informative Essay Topics
These easy informative essay topics are great starting points for those who want to write a straightforward and informative essay without getting too complicated.
- The Basics of Healthy Eating: Simple Tips for a Balanced Diet
- The Impact of Social Media on Everyday Life
- How Recycling Benefits the Environment: Easy Steps for a Greener Tomorrow
- The History and Significance of Traditional Festivals in Your Culture
- Understanding the Basics of Climate Change: A Beginner's Guide
- The Wonders of Space Exploration: A Journey into the Cosmos
- The Influence of Music on Mood and Productivity
- The Evolution of Video Games and Their Impact on Society
- DIY Home Gardening: Tips for Growing Your Own Vegetables
- The Importance of Regular Exercise for Mental and Physical Health
- How to Develop Effective Study Habits for Academic Success
- The World of Endangered Species: Conservation and Awareness
- The Process of Photosynthesis: Unraveling the Mystery of Plant Growth
- Exploring Cultural Diversity: Traditions and Customs Around the Globe
- The Fundamentals of Personal Finance: Budgeting for Beginners
- A Journey into the History of Your Local Community
- The Impact of Technology on Education: Advantages and Challenges
- Understanding Different Types of Renewable Energy Sources
- The Benefits of Mindfulness and Stress Reduction Techniques
- The Basics of First Aid: Essential Skills Everyone Should Know
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School Students
The following informative paper topics are tailored specifically for middle school students and cover a wide range of subjects that are both interesting and relevant to their age group.
- The Life Cycle of Butterflies: A Fascinating Journey from Caterpillar to Butterfly
- The Impact of Bullying on Mental Health: Recognizing and Preventing Bullying in Schools
- Exploring Ancient Civilizations: The Wonders of Egypt, Greece, and Rome
- The Science Behind Volcanoes: How They Erupt and Shape the Earth
- The Importance of Reading: How Books Can Broaden Your Horizons
- The Role of Bees in Pollination: Why Bees are Essential to Our Ecosystem
- The Solar System: A Tour of Planets, Moons, and Beyond
- The Intriguing World of Mythical Creatures: From Dragons to Unicorns
- Internet Safety: Tips for Navigating the Online World Responsibly
- The Process of Photosynthesis: How Plants Convert Sunlight into Energy
- The Basics of Coding: An Introduction to Computer Programming
- Understanding Different Forms of Energy: From Solar to Wind Power
- The Water Cycle: Exploring the Journey of Water on Earth
- Discovering Native American Cultures: Traditions and Heritage
- The Impact of Fast Food on Health: Making Informed Dietary Choices
- The Importance of Wildlife Conservation: Protecting Endangered Species
- The History of Animation: From Flip Books to Digital Cartoons
- Healthy Screen Time Habits: Balancing Technology and Well-being
- The Human Digestive System: How Our Bodies Process Food
- Exploring Career Options: What You Can Be When You Grow Up
Informative Essay Topics for High School Students
Here are some great essay topics for high school students. Our college essay writing service recommends conducting thorough research, providing evidence to support your claims, and presenting your findings in a clear and organized manner.
- The Influence of Social Media on Political Movements: Examining Modern Activism
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Job Market: Challenges and Opportunities
- The History and Cultural Significance of Hip-Hop Music
- The Rise of E-Sports: A Look into the World of Competitive Video Gaming
- Exploring the Benefits and Drawbacks of Virtual Reality Technology
- The Relationship Between Mental Health and Teenage Social Media Use
- The Evolution of Feminism: A Comprehensive Analysis of its Waves and Impact
- The Science Behind Climate Change: Understanding the Causes and Effects
- The Intersection of Technology and Privacy: Navigating the Digital Age
- The Impact of Globalization on Local Cultures: Challenges and Adaptations
- The Role of Genetics in Human Health: Unlocking the Secrets of DNA
- The History and Impact of the Civil Rights Movement
- The Ethical Implications of Gene Editing: CRISPR Technology and Beyond
- The Psychology of Decision-Making: Understanding Behavioral Economics
- The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Academic Performance and Health
- The Influence of Popular Culture on Teenagers: Music, Fashion, and Trends
- The Future of Renewable Energy: Innovations and Sustainable Practices
- The Significance of Space Exploration in Advancing Scientific Knowledge
- The History and Impact of the Internet: From ARPANET to the World Wide Web
- The Role of Education in Combating Climate Change: Building a Sustainable Future
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
Here are some informative essay topics for college students that span a wide range of subjects that will help you in your academic and professional endeavors.
- Here are some informative essay topics for students that span a wide range of subjects that will help you in your academic and professional endeavors.
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on the Future Job Market: Adapting to Change
- Exploring the Link Between Mental Health and Academic Performance in College
- The Role of Social Media Influencers in Shaping Consumer Behavior
- The Intersection of Technology and Healthcare: Innovations in Medical Practices
- Understanding Cryptocurrency: The Rise of Bitcoin and Its Implications
- The Psychology of Procrastination: Causes, Consequences, and Coping Strategies
- The Influence of Political Polarization on College Campuses: Navigating Diverse Perspectives
- The Evolution of Sustainable Practices in Business: Corporate Responsibility
- The Impact of Climate Change on Global Health: Risks and Mitigation
- The Future of Space Exploration: Mars Colonization and Beyond
- The Role of Artificial Intelligence in Enhancing Education: Opportunities and Challenges
- The Psychology of Decision-Making in Financial Investments
- The Influence of Cultural Diversity on College Campuses: Building Inclusive Communities
- The Ethical Considerations of Genetic Engineering: Implications for Future Generations
- The Effects of Social Media on Political Activism: Mobilizing the Youth Vote
- The History and Impact of Cybersecurity: Protecting Digital Frontiers
- The Relationship Between Diet and Mental Health: Exploring the Gut-Brain Connection
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Remote Work in a Globalized Economy
- The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Creative Industries: Redefining Art and Entertainment
- The Role of Renewable Energy in Addressing Global Energy Challenges: A Sustainable Future
Fun Informative Speech Topics
These fun, informative speech topics are designed to engage and entertain audiences while still providing informative and educational content.
- The Science Behind Laughter: How Humor Affects the Brain
- Unusual Hobbies: Exploring the World of Extreme Ironing and Underwater Pumpkin Carving
- The History of the High-Five: Origins and Cultural Significance
- The Secret Lives of Cats: Decoding Feline Behavior
- The Art of Napping: Benefits and Strategies for Optimal Power Naps
- The Surprising Benefits of Chocolate: More Than Just a Sweet Treat
- The Strange World of Competitive Eating: From Hot Dogs to Pumpkin Pie
- The History and Impact of Internet Memes: How They Shape Online Culture
- The Quirky Side of Science: Bizarre Experiments and Curious Discoveries
- The Joy of Random Acts of Kindness: Simple Ways to Spread Positivity
- The Fascinating World of Optical Illusions: Playing Tricks on the Mind
- The Evolution of Dance: From the Twist to TikTok Trends
- The Power of Positive Thinking: Boosting Mental Health with Optimism
- The Unusual Origins of Common Phrases: Exploring Idioms and Sayings
- The Benefits of Laughter Yoga: Combining Chuckles and Mindfulness
- The Art of Juggling: Coordination, Focus, and Entertainment
- The Strange Habits of Historical Figures: From Einstein's Forgetfulness to Newton's Eccentricities
- The Science Behind Why We Love Puppies and Kittens: The Cuteness Factor
- The Joy of Board Games: Navigating the World of Modern Tabletop Games
- The History and Art of Karaoke: From Japanese Bars to Global Singing Phenomenon
Creative Informative Speech Topics
These creative essay topics are designed to spark curiosity and interest in unique and unconventional subjects.
- The Art of Origami: Crafting Intricate Designs with Paper Folds
- The Impact of Color Psychology on Marketing and Consumer Behavior
- Creative Ways to Upcycle Everyday Items: From Trash to Treasure
- The World of Augmented Reality Art: Merging Digital and Physical Realms
- The Evolution of Street Art: From Graffiti to Urban Masterpieces
- The Influence of Music on Creativity and Productivity
- The Intricacies of Food Styling: Making Meals Look as Good as They Taste
- The Power of Storytelling in Advertising: Crafting Compelling Narratives
- The Art of Mind Mapping: Unleashing Creativity and Boosting Productivity
- The Psychology of Creativity: Exploring the Creative Process
- The Impact of Architecture on Human Emotions: Designing Spaces for Well-being
- Creative Problem Solving: Techniques for Thinking Outside the Box
- The Intersection of Science and Art: BioArt and Genetic Engineering
- The Rise of Immersive Theater: Engaging Audiences in Unique Experiences
- The Art of Cinematography: Capturing Moments in Living Photos
- The Unique World of Steampunk: Blending Victorian Era Aesthetics with Modern Technology
- The Power of Improv Comedy: Building Confidence and Quick Thinking
- The Art of Graphic Novels: Exploring Visual Storytelling in Literature
- Creative Ways to Practice Mindfulness: Beyond Traditional Meditation
- The Intricate Craft of Hand Lettering: Transforming Words into Art
Extra Ideas for Informative Essay
These unique ideas cover various informative writing topics that can appeal to various interests and tastes.
- The Science Behind Memory: How We Encode, Store, and Retrieve Information
- The Evolution and Impact of Self-Driving Cars on Transportation
- The Art of Effective Public Speaking: Techniques for Overcoming Anxiety
- The Cultural Significance of Traditional Festivals Around the Globe
- The Benefits of Mindfulness in Education: Improving Focus and Well-being
- The Impact of Digital Detox: Balancing Technology in the Modern World
- The World of Competitive Gaming: Esports and Its Global Rise
- The Power of Language: How Words Shape Our Thoughts and Perceptions
- The Connection Between Physical Exercise and Mental Health: Boosting Well-being
- The Journey of a Plastic Bottle: From Production to Recycling
- The Effects of Music on Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Evolution of Fashion: From Historical Trends to Sustainable Practices
- The Art and Science of Brewing Coffee: A Comprehensive Guide
- The Influence of Gaming on Cognitive Skills and Problem-Solving Abilities
- The Impact of Social Media on Body Image and Self-Esteem
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Laughter: More Than Just a Mood Booster
- The Cultural Significance of Traditional Tattoos: History and Rituals
- The World of Virtual Reality Therapy: Innovations in Mental Health Treatment
- The History and Impact of Podcasting: Changing the Landscape of Media
- The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Personal and Professional Success
Informational Paper Topics about Sports
These informative essay topic ideas cover a broad range of sports-related subjects that can be explored in an informative paper.
- The Evolution of Sports Broadcasting: From Radio to Streaming Platforms
- The Impact of Sports on Youth Development: Physical, Social, and Psychological Benefits
- The Science Behind Sports Nutrition: Optimizing Performance and Recovery
- The Role of Sports in Promoting Gender Equality and Inclusivity
- The History and Significance of the Olympic Games: A Global Sporting Tradition
- The Rise of Extreme Sports: Thrills, Risks, and Cultural Influence
- The Economics of Professional Sports: From Sponsorships to Ticket Sales
- The Effect of Sports on Academic Achievement: Balancing Athletics and Education
- The Impact of Sports Analytics on Team Performance and Strategy
- The Cultural Significance of Sports in Different Societies and Regions
- The Psychology of Sports Fandom: Emotional Connections and Identity
- The Influence of Sports on Social Change: Athletes as Agents of Transformation
- The Role of Sports in Community Building and Social Cohesion
- The Science of Sports Injuries: Prevention, Treatment, and Rehabilitation
- The History and Impact of Paralympic Games: Celebrating Athletic Achievement
- The Intersection of Sports and Technology: Innovations in Training and Equipment
- The Business of Fantasy Sports: From Hobby to Multi-Billion Dollar Industry
- The Evolution of Women's Sports: Challenges, Triumphs, and Equality
- The Impact of Sports on Mental Health: Exercise as a Tool for Well-being
- The Legacy of Iconic Athletes: Examining Their Influence Beyond the Field
The Final Thoughts
In conclusion, selecting a topic for an informative essay can be challenging, but choosing a subject that is engaging, informative, and relevant to the target audience is crucial. Whether you are writing for high school, college, or professional audiences, there are endless possibilities for good topics for informative essays. Now that you understand what is the purpose of an informative essay, you must know that the key is to identify a topic you are passionate about, conduct thorough research, and present your findings in a clear and organized manner.
Meanwhile, you can always get top-notch papers from our team of experienced writers. You can even do math homework of any degree of complexity using our paper writing platform!
Looking for a High-quality Informative Essay Paper?
Look no further than our professional writing services
200 Best Research Paper Topics for 2023 + Examples
When you enroll in university, you are maybe not even aware of the number of obligations that you might have to face over the course of your studies, and this might make you feel overwhelmed and exhausted especially when it comes to writing and submitting research papers on time. Most students feel highly stressed and anxious about their assignments and exams that most of them feel lost and don’t even know how to choose the most appropriate topic for papers that would suit their writing style as well.
Luckily, our professional research paper writers are here to bring you a list of research paper topics 2023 that might as well be useful, interesting, and thought-provoking, which are the qualities of great writing tasks. If you are having difficulty writing a paper, even with the most competent resources, topics of interest, and earnest efforts to write the very best, then it is time to seek help from the website that writes essays for you .
Table of contents
Easy research paper topics, interesting research topics, controversial topics for research paper, funny research paper topics, argumentative research topics, natural sciences (physics, chemistry, ecology, biology), criminal law and justice, history (world, us, anthropology), medical research topics (dentistry, nursing, psychology).
- Business (marketing, economics, and finance)
Science and Technology (Computer Science, Math, Statistics)
Social sciences (social work, political science, sociology).
- Social Media
- Social issues
Choosing a field of interest.
- Checking Available Material
Making a Research Question
Brainstorming research topic ideas, create a thesis statement, list of best research paper topics 2023.
Having a comprehensive list of topics for research papers might make students think that the most difficult part of work is done. However, research topics still need to do enough research and gather a lot of data and facts from reliable sources in order to complete their research paper. Then again, this can be quite demanding since a lot depends on what kind of paper you yourself want to write. Is it supposed to be a funny one, an interesting one, a controversial one or a simple argumentative essay?
We understand that the research paper writing process piles up, so writers from our custom research paper writing service work hard to provide only the best research paper topics. If you want to succeed in college, you can pay someone to write a research paper to ensure a brilliant future. Knowledge is power, and Paperell is here to help you learn as much as you can so you can bring home A’s and B’s every semester.
- Evolution of anime – what made anime popular worldwide?
- Is diversity a good thing within a team, and why?
- Is traditional music of a country more important than the international music that is heard everywhere?
- What makes one sport more popular than another?
- How would the world be different without the discoveries of Nikola Tesla?
- Why do people change their leisure time activities as they get older?
- What hobbies are the most popular with children and adults in your area?
- Are there hobbies you can do in your own country but not when you travel abroad? Why?
- How to deal with procrastination?
- What stereotypes are related to people from your country, and is there any truth to those?
- Are older people always wiser and correct in their choices and opinions?
- Is it true that technology can cause a gap between generations?
- Are friendships between men different from friendships between women and why?
- Can amusement parks have an educative purpose apart from an entertaining one?
- What other common sayings such as “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” exist in your language?
- What makes people in your country happy?
- What makes some nations happier and more prosperous than others?
- Does beauty, in general, determine how much a person will be successful in life?
- What are some pros and cons related to plastic surgery?
- How to be better at communicating with friends, family, work colleagues, and strangers?
There are some subjects that might trigger different responses from people because most of these subjects are controversial and are prone to raise a series of other issues. Creative writers online know how to develop a topic for research papers. Most of these research titles are related to politics, religion, gender roles, as well as human relationships.
- What is the proper punishment for serial killers and rapists?
- What caused two state-of-the-art planes to crash and what can be done to prevent further accidents?
- How to prevent an increase in the number of homeless children?
- What is the future of religion?
- What is the morality in the world of cam girls?
- What is the background of all terrorist attacks in the world?
- What is it like to be transgender nowadays?
- How to deal with a huge wave of immigrants?
- Can police unions prevent corruption?
- What can developed countries do in order to help underdeveloped countries?
- How to stop being a couch potato?
- Why did we start celebrating Halloween Day?
- What are some positive sides of energy drinks and coffee?
- What are some ways to fund a trip around the world?
- Who is the funniest historical figure, and why?
- If you could turn into an animal, which one would you choose to be?
- What makes people mispronounce .gif?
- What comics are funny but educational?
- What is the philosophy behind Assassin’s Creed?
- Why do we talk and act like we are drunk when we become exhausted?
- Do immigrants provide a good or bad impact on a country’s economy?
- Are the virtual world and video games, causing more violence or more antisocial people?
- Why more expensive sports like rowing and tennis should be more accessible to social and ethnic minorities?
- Adoption rights for single parents: why are laws so strict?
- City development: should we keep the grid pattern or move to the new approaches to city planning?
- What makes communism the best political system in the world?
- Did Andy Warhol manage to make high art more accessible to a wider audience?
- How can raising the minimum wage help increase economic mobility?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can be done to prevent cyberbullying?
- Is obesity a problem for the American population?
- Should all students have free access to the Internet for education?
- Students should be able to change a college curriculum due to their objectives
- English will be the official language in most countries in a few decades
- Each student should learn at least three foreign languages
- The advertisement industry is all a lie
- Education should be less expensive in order to involve more students
- Steroids should be forbidden
- The attention to sports in the education system is too big
- Diets are not as effective as they are presented to the masses
- Eight hours is a normal duration of sleep for every student
- Risky sports should be forbidden
- Parents shouldn’t allow their children to watch adult films
- Tobacco and its smoking should be forbidden in most the countries
- Government should do more for fighting alcoholism in the US
- Energetic drinks can be more dangerous than usual alcohol drinks
- Filming court proceedings shouldn’t be forbidden in any court
- People should be allowed to start voting at the age of 25
- The usage of animals in research should be forbidden
- Each person who causes environmental pollution should be punished
- The government needs to work more on protection from tornadoes
- Indians that are living in the US are not true representatives of their kind
- Each following financial crisis will be worse than previous
- Acceptance rates it should be much higher than now
- The legalization of gay marriages shows the high level of development in the county
- How to fight corruption more effectively?
- Communism as an ideology and communism in USSR are many different things
- Chats of the web teach children of a bad grammar
- When using modern technologies, people become less intelligent
- The usage of messengers has a bad influence on the culture of communication
- The educational system should use more advantages of modern technologies
- The number of working hours should reduce from time to time
- The government should support social activists in their projects
- Cloning animals and people should be banned
- Modern art is mostly a lie and shouldn’t be called an art even
- The movie can never be better than the book on which it is based
- Song lyrics become worse with every year
- Buying a lottery ticket is a bad idea for those who want to win
- That is the problem that sports competitions take much more attention than scientific events
- The feminist movement becomes a problem for women who don’t join it
- Democracy is not the best ideology for the modern world
- Social media are not as dangerous as they told to be
- Are diaries still popular?
- Are public cameras a problem for privacy?
- Is homeschooling a problem for the socialization of children?
- All subjects should be optional so students can choose other subjects
- This is the problem that modern films are crueler than old films
- Historical films should be based only on facts
- Do artists risk their mental health when playing psychopaths and killers?
- People should read more books
Sample Research Papers
- Argumentative essays examples
Research Topics By Field of Study
Research proposal ideas can be found in many fields of study that allow you to be innovative and do extensive research to put forward new ideas and opinions.
- Why being warm usually makes us feel tired and sleepy?
- What causes visual abnormalities such as special frequency?
- How is it possible that birds flying in bad and cloudy weather conditions don’t get disoriented?
- When gas becomes plasma, what actually happens to molecules?
- Why is skin on a face more sensitive to breakouts and touch than on any other part of the body?
- What are some proofs of period alignment?
- How do allergies to nuts and other fruits happen?
- What chemical processes keep canned drinks mixed together and not separate into their ingredients?
- What steps can be taken in third world countries to prevent ecological catastrophes?
- Why are carbs bad for people who are insulin resistant?
- Biology examples
- Chemistry examples
- Physics examples
- Ecology and Environmental Issues examples
- What have been some of the best decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What have been some of the worst decisions of the Supreme Court?
- What does it mean when jury rules that Bayer must pay in the Monsanto cancer trial?
- How can students protect themselves from giving back students’ loans?
- What can be done to improve family law?
- What countries have the worst legal systems?
- What countries have the best legal systems?
- What are the main flaws of the legal system in the USA?
- How to change abortion laws to pro-choice?
- How corrupted are legal systems in South America?
- Criminal Justice examples
- Criminal Law examples
- Criminology examples
- What is Operation Pastorius?
- Was the Norse religion practice in the Danelaw, and to what extent?
- Why did the Soviet Union want to invade Afghanistan?
- Why did the Germanics abolish their religion?
- What are the most important events in the history of Latin America?
- Who foresaw the encroachment of Nazism?
- What’s the story behind the Yugoslav wars in the 90s?
- How did Greece become such a philosophical hotspot in ancient times?
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19 th century?
- Who profited the most from wars in the Middle Ages?
- History examples
- American History examples
- What improvements in dentistry marked the 21 st century?
- How can implants provide a permanent solution to a lost tooth?
- What nutrition can prevent insulin resistance?
- What are the main symptoms of PCOS and how to deal with them?
- What are the pros and cons of antipsychotics?
- What are the benefits of massage therapy?
- How many treatments to Autism are there?
- What are the potential risks of water birth?
- How can music therapy foster lactation?
- How is ageism impacting mental health and addictions?
- Medicine examples
- Nursing examples
- Psychology examples
Business (Marketing, Economics, and Finance)
- Who are the greatest businessmen in the 21 st century?
- Who are the greatest businesswomen in the 21 st century?
- How has business etiquette changed in the past few years?
- How can the knowledge of culture help in doing business better?
- What are the qualities of team leaders and how to become one?
- Why are stock markets becoming more and more popular?
- What is an all-female working environment like?
- How is Islamic banking system different from interest?
- How does finding gold and diamonds affect the economy?
- How do offshore bank accounts work – the case of Panama papers?
- Business examples
- Marketing examples
- Economics examples
- Finance examples
- What are some great scientific breakthroughs in the 21 st century?
- Why is the first image of a black hole so important?
- What is the significance of the number 0?
- How do fractals have an unlimited perimeter but limited area?
- How to be able to perform rapid mental calculations?
- What is the math behind the NBA Draft lottery?
- What is the fourth dimension?
- What is the difference between parametric and non-parametric statistics?
- How are the concepts of something impossible or random mathematically proven?
- Who are some great mathematicians of the modern age?
- Computer Science examples
- Math examples
- Statistics examples
- What social issues marked the beginning of the 21 st century?
- Is there a difference in how men and women gain power?
- How has the role of a woman in society changed over time?
- Is the study of humanities necessary to develop critical thinking?
- How to prevent child marriages?
- Why has socialism been mostly unsuccessful?
- How does globalization affect politics?
- What is identity politics and how it affects society in general?
- How can child welfare in underdeveloped countries be assured?
- How to make the most out of clinical supervision?
- Political Science examples
- Sociology examples
Other Great Research Paper Topics:
- How are the latest improvements in the automobile industry working on the protection of the environment?
- What makes smartphones so resistant to bugs and viruses compare to computers?
- What is the story behind the Internet of Things?
- Why didn’t vector graphics become mainstream instead of pixels?
- What are some advances in technology related to medicine?
- What are Molten Salt Nuclear Reactors?
- Can everything be solar powered?
- How are old recordings converted to new formats?
- What are the differences between open and closed systems?
- Why do smart our electronic devices get slower over time?
- Technology paper examples
- What do all religions have in common?
- Why are younger generations less religious than older ones?
- How are terrorist attacks in religious buildings affecting religion?
- What are the new beliefs that are becoming popular?
- What are some main differences between Orthodox and Catholic Christians?
- Why did we stop believing in multiple gods?
- What impact do religions have on the perception of the good and the bad?
- Are Abrahamic religions the only ones that punish non-believers?
- Can religion help to change the view of women in Arabic cultures?
- Historically speaking, what has been the impact of religions in wars?
- Religion paper examples
- Are social networks making us lonely and unsociable?
- How to protect children online?
- What are some ways to identify pedophiles on social media?
- Why do people have the need to post everything online?
- How to stop cyber-bullying?
- Can LinkedIn help people find jobs or further education?
- How to make a break from social media?
- Why are younger generations obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
- Is there such a thing as social media addiction?
- Who are world-famous influencers on social media?
- Social media paper examples
- Why do people listen to sad music when they are in a bad mood?
- What music to listen to when you want to relax?
- How has hip-hop culture changed over the years?
- Why is classical music becoming more popular these days?
- What music to listen to in order to foster memorization?
- Why are successful musicians more prone to become drug-abusers?
- Who was Doris Day?
- Why influences the popularity of soundtracks?
- What are some all-time romantic songs?
- What makes some music festivals more popular than others?
- Music paper examples
- What are some successful anti-bullying programs at school?
- Is student-centred learning effective?
- Are there any benefits of taking a year off and what to do during the year?
- What visual aids can be implemented in all classrooms?
- What are some innovations in the USA Education system?
- What is FERPA and what impact does it have on education?
- What encourages students to cheat on exams?
- How to prevent students from plagiarizing their research papers?
- What education system is the best – the USA, Finland or France?
- Education paper examples
- Why do more and more women suffer from PCOS?
- What is insulin resistance and how to fight it?
- What are some ways to encourage obese people to change their habits?
- How can Israeli colon cancer research be a true breakthrough?
- What health problems can be caused by emotional stress?
- Can have too much coffee cause health problems?
- How to lower blood pressure using natural medicines and herbs?
- Is there a link between online bullying and depression?
- Is it appropriate to fine parents for skipping vaccination?
- Are antibiotics becoming useless and obsolete?
- Health paper examples
- How can immigration crises be solved?
- Is there a way to stop the raising of racism?
- Why are there still anti-LGBT communities and?
- How to encourage parents to educate themselves on vaccination?
- Is there a way to stop sex trafficking in underdeveloped countries?
- Is it too late to stop global warming?
- Why are people fighting against abortion?
- Are children becoming over-dependent on technology?
- Which countries are known for media censorship?
- What are the good and bad sides of digital currencies?
- Social Issue paper examples
- Is going vegan one way to protect the environment?
- How can an average person contribute to saving the environment?
- What can schools do to make children be more aware of environmental issues?
- How is global warming affecting wildlife?
- How are pesticides harming bird populations?
- How is plastic ocean pollution harming the oxygen we breathe?
- What eco-friendly products are better than the original ones?
- What catastrophes in history had a bad impact on the environment?
- Can solar technology become more sustainable?
- How to attain land for reverse desertification on a tight budget?
- Environment paper examples
How to Select The Best Research Paper Topic?
Selecting research topics might be a nightmare for all college students since you are expected to write about something new even though nobody expects you to make some groundbreaking discovery, especially not during the early years of your studies. However, there are some tips on how to choose the right topics for research papers that can make the whole process much easier.
Topics for the research paper are not easy to find since there are different fields that have been already exhausted from the beginning of the year, but you can always go for an area of interest. In order to choose great research paper titles and interesting things to research, taking some time and contemplate on what makes you be passionate about a certain subject is a good starting point. This is, after all, of great importance since you won’t be able to commit fully to writing an amazing assignment if you are not so interested in the subject. Once you managed to decide which topic might be of your interest, you should check the available materials you could use to foster your research. You should analyze the available materials carefully in order to make the right choice on which subject you could thoroughly work on and expand it to a whole other level. If you skip this step, you might end up putting yourself under a lot of pressure to meet the due date of the research essay, topics, and research paper submissions. Then again, if you enjoy conducting experiments and your chosen research topic allows you, maybe you could have a survey conducted with the help of your peers and write a paper after analyzing the data.
Topics for research papers might be demanding, but the most challenging part is related to making a research question. This is where you need to think hard about what your work will be focused on and what other people might find thought-provoking. You need to be able to motivate people to read your research essay even though they don’t know much about the subject itself.
Dedicating your time and knowledge as well as skills to finish a paper based on well-done research asks for a lot of self-discipline. However, if you feel stuck at any point looking for research paper ideas, you should ask your peers about research proposal ideas. Sometimes, getting a second or even third opinion can help you brainstorm your research ideas much better. In addition, you can always turn to your mentor who can help you identify an issue or an idea you should work on.
Some students still say that the most difficult stage of writing a research paper for them was to create a thesis statement. Throughout the studies, students have the chance to write a lot of essays on a variety of subjects that are not so closely connected, but they have never had to create a thesis statement. Therefore, most professors encourage students to ask for help in order to have the best possible ground statement for their research proposal topics.
You May Also Be Interested In
Abstract paragraph - a summary of the main ideas of the text; it's not just…
Some people say that history is boring, and a lot find it completely obsolete. However,…
How to Write a Discussion Section One of the final sections of a research report…
Chances are academic writing will not pass you by if you are attending any educational…
Always Ready to Help
Running out of time.
Type to search
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
717 Good Research Paper Topics
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
Some examples of common research paper styles include:
- Argumentative Research Papers
- Persuasive Research Papers
- Education Research Papers
- Analytical Research Papers
- Informative Research Papers
Your research essay topic may also need to be related to the specific class you are taking. For example, an economics class may require a business research paper, while a class on human behavior may call for a psychology research paper.
The requirements for your paper will vary depending on whether you are in high school, college, or a postgraduate student. In high school, you may be able to choose an easy topic and cite five or six sources you found on Google or Yahoo!, but college term papers require more in-depth research from reliable sources, such as scholarly books and peer-reviewed journals.
Do you need some help with brainstorming for topics? Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control, history, climate change, social media, AI, global warming, health, science, and technology.
But we have many more!
On this page, we have hundreds of good research paper topics across a wide range of subject fields. Each of these topics could be used “as is” to write your paper, or as a starting point to develop your own topic ideas.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
How to Choose Your Research Paper Topic
The first step to developing an interesting research paper is choosing a good topic. Finding a topic can be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start. Finding the Right Research Paper Topic
If you are in a class that allows you to choose your own term paper topic, there are some important areas to consider before you begin your project:
Your Level of Interest: Research papers are time-consuming; you will be spending countless hours researching the topic and related topics, developing several primary and secondary sources, and putting everything together into a paper that is coherent and accomplishes your objectives. If you do not choose a topic you are passionate about, the process will be far more tedious, and the finished product may suffer as a result.
Your Level of Experience: Being interested in a topic is great, but it is even more helpful if you already know something about it. If you can find a topic that you already have some personal and/or professional experience with, it will vastly reduce the amount of research needed and make the whole process much easier.
Available Information on the Topic: Be sure to choose a topic that is not only interesting but also one that has numerous sources available from which to compile your research. A researchable topic with several potential sources gives you access to the level of information you need to become an authority on the subject.
Your Audience: An interesting topic to you may not necessarily be interesting to your professor or whoever is grading your research paper. Before you begin, consider the level of interest of the person(s) who will be reading it. If you are writing a persuasive or argumentative essay, also consider their point of view on the subject matter.
As you begin researching your topic, you may want to revise your thesis statement based on new information you have learned. This is perfectly fine, just have fun and pursue the truth, wherever it leads. If you find that you are not having fun during the research phase, you may want to reconsider the topic you have chosen.
The process of writing the research paper is going to be very time consuming so it’s important to select a topic that is going to sustain your interest for the duration of the project. It is good to select a topic that is relevant to your life since you are going to spend a long time researching and writing about it. Perhaps you are considering starting your own business or pursuing a career in politics. Look through the suggested research paper topics and find one in a category that you can relate to easily. Finding a topic that you have some personal interest in will help make the arduous task a lot easier, and the project will have better results because of your vested interest.
Our List of Research Topics and Issues
Affirmative action, health, pharmacy, medical treatments, interpersonal communication, marketing and advertising, barack obama, discrimination, bill clinton, hilary clinton, computer crimes and security, cosmetic surgery, controversial, criminal justice, donald trump, easy/simple, environment, family violence, foreign policy, gambling and lotteries, the lgbtq community, generational conflict, gun control, hate crimes, immigration, middle east, maternity/paternity leave, natural disasters, police work, population explosion, pornography, prisons and prisoners, prostitution, ronald reagan, student loan debt, teen issues, women, mothers, what, why, and how, relationships.
We compiled an exhaustive list of topics that would make excellent research papers. The topics are specifically organized to help you find one that will work for your project. Broad topics are headed, and then below them are narrowed topics, all to help you find an area to focus on. The way we have organized the topics for research papers can save you lots of time getting prepared to write your research paper.
We have topics that fit into categories that cover such areas as education, environmental sciences, communication and languages, current events, politics, business, criminal justice, art, psychology, economics to name just a few. Simply get started by choosing the category that interests you and peruse through the topics listed in that category and you’ll be well on your way to constructing an excellent research paper.
Be sure to check other topics ideas: persuasive speech topics , argumentative speech topics , policy speech topics . We also have some sample outlines and essay templates .
- What limits are responsible?
- What limits are realistic?
- How to protect abortion doctors, pregnant women, and the protection of abortion clinics vs. the right to protest
- Partial birth abortion
- Scientific evidence vs. definition of viability
- Stem cell research
- Unborn victims of violence
- Relative equality has been achieved vs. serious inequities continue
- Can racial balance in business, education, and the military be achieved without policies that promote Affirmative Action
- Reverse discrimination
- NOW, National Organization for Women
- No government support vs. fairness to parents who pay twice for education
- Separation of church and state vs. religion’s contribution to the public good
- Placement by age vs. placement by academic ability
- Mainstreaming students with disabilities vs. special classrooms for their special needs
- Required standardized tests for advancement vs. course requirements only
- National standardized tests vs. local control of education
- Discrimination in education
- Multicultural/bilingual education vs. traditional basics
- Teacher competency tests vs. degree requirements only
- Teacher’s needs/demands vs. teaching as a service profession
- Policing schools
- School’s responsibility vs. parental responsibility for school violence
- Drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide
- Zero tolerance toward violence vs. toughness with flexibility
- Permit corporal punishment
- Exams often do little more than measure a person’s ability to take exams. Should exams be outlawed in favor of another form of assessment?
- Should teens in the U.S. adopt the British custom of taking a “gap year” between high school and college?
- In some European schools, fewer than 10% of students get “As”. Is there grade inflation in the U.S.? Why so many “As” for Americans?
- Education and funding
- Grade inflation
- No Child Left Behind Act: Is it working?
- Home schooling
- Standardized tests
- Are children smarter (or more socialized) because of the Internet?
- Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the internet?
- How has the music industry been affected by the internet and digital downloading?
- How does a search engine work?
- What are the effects of prolonged steroid use on the human body?
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- How does tobacco use affect the human body?
- Do the benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks?
- What are some common sleep disorders and how are they treated?
- What are the risks of artificial tanning or prolonged exposure to the sun?
- Should thin people have to pay Medicare and other health costs for the health problems of obese people? Should obese people have higher premiums?
- Low carbohydrate vs. low fat diets
- Benefits of weight training vs. aerobics
- How much weekly exercise is needed to achieve lasting health benefits
- Health websites give too much information
- Psychological disorders, such as cutting and self-harm, eating disorders, Autism, Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Asperger Syndrome
- Are we taking it too far by blaming fast food restaurants for obesity? When is it individual responsibility and when is it appropriate to place blame?
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on work time?
- Steroids, Antibiotics, Sprays; Are food manufacturers killing us?
- Alternative medicine
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Causes of eating disorders, society’s portrayal of women
- Eating disorders statistics
- Down’s syndrome
- Birth control
- Dietary supplements
- Exercise and fitness
- Heart disease
- In vitro fertilization
- Attention deficit disorder
- Investigate the history and authenticity of ADHD and ADD.
- Organic foods
- Prescription drugs
- Learning disabilities
- Coma recovery: techniques, successes, new strategies.
- What are the primary types of cancer, and in what ways are they related?
- Investigate the success ratio of holistic and non-medical cancer treatments.
- Is Alzheimer’s inevitable? Examine theories regarding its prevention.
- What forms of physical degeneracy are seen as linked to aging?
- Investigate the connections between emotional stability and physical well-being, and provide evidence as to how the two may be related.
- Investigate differences in rates of injury recovery and overcoming illness based on cultural parameters.
- Examine the modern history of viral epidemics, researching what is known about the emergence of deadly viruses.
- Examine how congenital heart disease may be treated, and how it differs from other forms of heart disease.
- Is occasional depression a natural state to an extent, and is society too eager to treat this as a disorder?
- Investigate Sociopathy, determine biological and psychological roots, typical patterns, and potentials of treatment.
- How are compulsive behaviors determined as such? Explore examples of anal retention and expulsion, OCD, etc., as offering accepted criteria.
- Research and analyze the nature of codependency as both a normal state of relations and as an unhealthy extreme.
- Investigate the history and practice of electroshock, analyzing how and why this extreme treatment came to be widely used.
- Hoarding: symptoms and treatments, causes, types of hoarding
- Limits on extraordinary, costly treatments vs. doing everything possible
- Nutritional/alternative therapy vs. mainstream medical treatment insurance coverage for alternative treatment?
- Government grants for alternative treatment research?
- Health superiority of alternative treatments?
- Assisted suicide vs. preservation of life
- Governmental insurance requirements
- Should there be a national database to track controlled substances (i.e., OXYCODONE) or should it be a state issue?
- Should parents avoid vaccinating their children?
- Decline of communication due to technology
- Online social networks and their influence
- Impact of texting and cell phones
- How do men and women communicate differently using body language, and why does it matter (in dating, the workplace, and social circles)?
- Limitations of the media
- Marketing to children
- Sexual innuendos in marketing
- Global marketing trends
- Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality/annoyance – alcohol, cigarettes, prescription meds, etc…?
- Children’s programming and advertising
- Most controversial political ads
- Media response and public outcry to political ads
- Campaign funds and their relation to political advertising
- Domestic policy
- Separation of church and state
- Judge nominations and make up of supreme court
- Congressional opposition to presidential nominees/filibusters
- Affirmative action
- Erosion of civil liberties vs. protection against terrorism
- Patriot Act One and Two
- Most developed nations have universal health coverage. Why doesn’t the U.S., the wealthiest nation, have it?
- Tax cut as economic stimulation
- Needs of the states vs. needs of the individuals
- Budget deficits and deficit spending
- Rich vs. poor
- Protection of victims vs. freedom of speech/rights of the accused
- How to improve race relations
- Women still earn only 75 cents for every $1 a man earns. Explain why.
- Discrimination in the workplace: analyzing issues for today’s corporations.
- Gender discrimination
- Interracial marriage
- Should government impose restrictions on what kinds of foods can be served in school cafeterias?
- Pros and cons of school uniforms.
- Do children learn better in boys-only and girls-only schools?
- Charter schools
- Prayer in schools
- Rights of the individual vs. community safety (or campus safety)
- Funding for research
- U.S. obligation to third world countries
- Manufacturing of generic drugs vs. U.S. pharmaceutical companies
- How contagious diseases “jump” from animal hosts to human
- What treatments are available to people infected with HIV and are they effective?
- Right to privacy of a child with AIDS vs. safety of other children
- Limits for campus safety vs. personal freedom
- Implications on violence and crime
- Issues with binge drinking
- Should the U.S. lower the drinking age to 18?
- Leniency because of condition vs. community safety
- Revoking drivers license vs. being able to attend classes and work
- Age discrimination of violators
- Animal rights vs. medical research
- Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment?
- Humane treatment of animals vs. factory farms
- Animal welfare in slaughter houses
- Animal protection vs. business, employment interests
- School prestige vs. academic standards
- Should shoe companies be able to give away free shoes and equipment to high school athletes?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Doping in sports
- What are the effects on children whose parents push them in sports?
- Steroids: Should they be legalized?
- Title IX: Has it helped women’s sports? Has it harmed men’s sports?
- Social effects of team sports
- Needed in public school library/curriculum?
- Needed in entertainment industry?
- Needed on the Internet?
- Should parents censor textbooks and other literature for children in schools?
- Parental filters on the Internet. Does censorship actually increase curiosity and use of pornography?
- How is internet censorship used in China and around the world?
- How has United States censorship changed over the decades?
- Democratic kingmaker, influence on political succession
- Impact of global initiative
- Influence on fundraising
- Influence as Secretary of State
- Foreign policies
- Influence on women
- ACT or SAT score requirements
- Promotional techniques, such as 1st time scholarships
- 4 year vs. 2 year colleges
- College admission policies
- College tuition planning
- Distance education
- Diploma mills
- Online porn vs. freedom of speech
- Stalking, invasion of privacy vs. reasonable access
- Hacking crimes–workable solutions?
- What are the latest ways to steal identity and money?
- From where does spam email come and can we stop it?
- How do computer viruses spread and in what ways do they affect computers?
- Cyber security
- Securing Internet commerce: is it possible in today’s arms’ race of hackers and evolving technology?
- Is downloading of media (music, videos, software) infringing on the rights of media producers and causing economic hardships on media creators?
- Should media producers prosecute students and individuals that they suspect of downloading copyrighted materials?
- Programs such as SPOTIFY and PANDORA
- Copyright Law
- Age limitations on surgery
- Addiction to surgery
- Demand for beauty by society
- The dangers of breast implants for teenagers
- The cost of cosmetic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Are surgeons “scissor happy,” and are surgeries widely unnecessarily
- Negative texting, instant messaging, email
- Is cyber-bullying as bad as face-to-face?
- Kinds of punishment for cyber-bullying
- Media response
- Should the state or federal government put laws into place to prevent bullying?
- Is homosexuality a choice, or are people born gay?
- Evolution vs. Creationism.
- Should “under God” remain in the Pledge of Allegiance?
- Is healthcare a right or a privilege?
- Fossil fuels vs. alternative energy.
- Transgender bathroom policies.
- Capitalism vs. socialism.
- Should parents be allowed to spank their children?
- Should sanctuary cities lose their federal funding?
- The pros and cons of gun control.
- Should the U.S. continue drone strikes in foreign countries?
- Was the U.S. justified in going to war with Iraq?
- How to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- The pros and cons of animal testing.
- Do pro athletes have the right to sit during the national anthem?
- Incarceration rates in the U.S.
- Technology and the criminal justice system.
- Police brutality and minorities.
- Should the police wear body cameras?
- In what circumstances should the death penalty be allowed?
- Should we have stiffer penalties for drunk driving?
- Should those who text while driving be put in jail?
- White-collar crime and punishment.
- Criminalizing protests and activism.
- The rise of wrongful convictions.
- Mutual consent vs. exploitation
- Campuses with “no touch” policy
- Drugs associated to Date Rape
- Violence and Rape
- Government support vs. parental financing
- Benefits vs. harmful effects
- Trump’s unconventional presidential campaign.
- The psychology of Donald Trump.
- Who is behind Trump’s political rise?
- Donald Trump and evangelical voters.
- Donald Trump the businessman.
- Trump’s war on the press (aka “fake news”).
- The Trump Organization and conflicts of interest.
- The border wall and illegal immigration policy.
- Global warming and climate change policy.
- Trump-Russia collusion.
- The rapid rise of “The Resistance.”
- Trump’s legislative agenda; e.g., health care, tax policy, deregulation, etc.
- Trump’s “America First” trade and foreign policy.
- The case for (or against) the Trump presidency.
- Punishment vs. treatment
- Family reactions
- Social acceptance
- Community safety vs. legalization
- United States military involvement in Colombian drug trade?
- Drug legalization
- Abstinence Program: Do they work?
- Should the federal government legalize the use of marijuana?
- What is the true key to happiness?
- What is the cause of America’s obesity crisis?
- Why sleep is necessary.
- Are plastic bottles really bad for you?
- How to encourage people to recycle more.
- How 3D printers benefit everyone.
- How do GPS systems on smartphones work?
- How have oil spills impacted the environment?
- Verbal vs. nonverbal communication.
- The accuracy of lie detector tests.
- How Bill Gates and Steve Jobs changed the world.
- The pros and cons of hitchhiking.
- The PC vs. the Mac.
- What causes tornadoes?
- Pollution, air, and water
- Endangered species
- What are the risks of climate change and global warming?
- Rain forests
- Alternative energy
- Alternative fuel/hybrid vehicles
- Greenhouse effect
- Marine pollution
- How have oil spills affected the planet and what steps are being taken to prevent them?
- Sustainability of buildings
- Recycling programs
- Cost of “green” programs
- Wind turbines
- Landfill issues
- Renewable fuels
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Soil pollution
- Wildlife conservation: what efforts are being taken to protect endangered wildlife?
- Excessive burden on industries?
- Drilling for oil in Alaska’s ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge)
- Gasoline consumption vs. SUV’s popularity
- Wildlife protection vs. rights of developers
- Clean air and water standards–weakened vs. strengthened
- What are the dangers of scuba diving and underwater exploration?
- Should the use of coal be subjected to stricter environmental regulations than other fuels?
- Is global warming a hoax? Is it being exaggerated?
- How much is too much noise? What, if anything, should we do to curb it?
- Protecting victims vs. rights of the accused
- Women who kill abusive husbands vs. punishment for murder
- Marital rape?
- How to protect children vs. respect for parental rights
- Children who kill abusive parents
- Child abuse–workable solutions?
- Child abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Organic farming vs. mainline use of chemical sprays
- How to best protect the environment; conservation
- Family vs. corporate farms
- Food production costs
- Third world debt and World Bank/International Monetary Fund
- Military support vs. economic development of third world countries
- Human rights violations
- European Union in competition with the U.S.
- Relevance of the United Nations
- Neocon role in foreign policy
- Christian right influence on foreign policy
- Pentagon vs. State Department
- Nation building as a policy
- Arms control
- Obama’s National Strategy for Counterterrorism
- Control of al Qaeda
- Drawdown of U.S. Armed Forces in the Middle East
- Cats vs. dogs: which makes the better pet?
- My pet can live forever: why I love animal clones.
- According to my social media profile, my life is perfect.
- Football vs. baseball: which sport is America’s favorite pastime?
- Starbucks vs. Caribou: whose coffee is better?
- What does your dog really think of you?
- Why millennials deserve lower pay.
- What makes people end up with so many mismatched socks?
- How to become a research paper master.
- How reading Tuesdays with Morrie can make you wiser.
- Easy way to earn revenues vs. social damage
- Individual freedom vs. social damage
- Do lotteries actually benefit education or is it a scam?
- Can gamblers ever acquire a statistical advantage over the house in casino games?
- Should there be a constitutional amendment that allows gays and lesbians to legally marry?
- Adoption rights?
- Need special rights for protection?
- College campus response
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
- Gay parenting
- Elderly to share in the tax burden vs. government support of elderly
- Future of social security
- Job discrimination
- Child rearing
- Employment issues
- Generational differences
- Community and police safety vs. unrestricted right to bear arms
- NRA (National Rifle Association)
- 2nd Amendment
- Do states that allow citizens to carry guns have higher or lower crime rates?
- Community safety vs. freedom of Speech
- Punishment inequities
- Persecution of alternative lifestyles
- Church Arson: Hate crime?
- Prevention of hazing
- Greek organizations and rituals of hazing
- Statistics of death or injury due to Hazing
- High Schools and Hazing
- What happened during the Salem witch trials?
- How did trains and railroads change life in America?
- What may have occurred during the Roswell UFO incident of 1947?
- What Olympic events were practiced in ancient Greece?
- How did Cleopatra come to power in Egypt? What did she accomplish during her reign?
- What are the origins of the conflict in Darfur?
- What was the women’s suffrage movement and how did it change America?
- How was the assassination of Abraham Lincoln plotted and executed?
- How did Cold War tension affect the US and the world?
- What happened to the lost settlers at Roanoke?
- How did Julius Caesar affect Rome?
- How did the Freedom Riders change society?
- What was the code of the Bushido and how did it affect samurai warriors?
- How did Joan of Arc change history?
- What dangers and hardships did Lewis and Clark face when exploring the Midwest?
- How are the Great Depression and the Great Recession similar and different?
- What was the Manhattan Project and what impact did it have on the world?
- Why did Marin Luther protest against the Catholic Church?
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- How did the black plague affect Europe?
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- How did journalists influence US war efforts in Vietnam?
- Who is Vlad the Impaler and what is his connection to Count Dracula?
- Who was a greater inventor, Leonardo di Vinci or Thomas Edison?
- What was the role of African Americans during the Revolutionary War?
- What was Britain’s view of India during British rule?
- What were the factors in the China-Tibet conflict?
- Research and analyze the emergence of the Catholic Church as a political force following the collapse of the Roman Empire.
- Investigate Dr. Eileen Powers’ claim that the Roman Empire was lost primarily due to an inability to perceive itself as subject to the change inevitable to all governments, or her “force of nature” theory.
- Explore and discuss the actual cooperation occurring through the centuries of Barbarian conquest of Rome.
- Examine the differences and similarities between Western and Eastern concepts and practices of kingship.
- Investigate and explain the trajectory of ALEXANDER THE GREAT’s empire, with minimal emphasis on personal leadership.
- To what extent did commerce first link Eastern and Western cultures, and how did this influence early international relations?
- Research and analyze how Japan moved from a feudalistic to a modern state, and how geographic isolation played a role in the process.
- Analyze the process and effects of Romanization on the Celtic people of ancient England: benefits, conflicts, influences.
- Overview of British dominance of Ireland, Wales, and Scotland! How was this justified in each case, and what motivated the attempts over centuries of rebellion and failure?
- Investigate the known consequences of Guttenberg’s printing press within the first 30 years of its invention, and only in regard to the interaction between European nations.
- Identify and analyze the point at which the Reformation became fused with European politics and nationalist agendas.
- To what extent did Henry VIII promote the Reformation, despite his vigorous persecution of heretics in England?
- Trace and discuss the uses of papal power as a military and political device in the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Research the city/state of Florence from the 13th to the 16th centuries, discussing how and why it evolved as so fiercely republican.
- Compare and contrast the Russian Czarism of Peter, Elizabeth, and Catherine with the monarchies of England and France in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Investigate the enormous significance of Catholic Orthodoxy as the dominant faith in Russia, and its meaning and influence in an empire populated by a minimal aristocracy and predominant serfdom.
- To what extent did Philip II’s religious convictions shape European policy and conflict in the 16th century?
- Trace the path leading to the convocation of the Estates in France in the late 18th century, leading to the Revolution. Assess political and social errors responsible.
- What eventually ended serfdom in Russia, and why were numerous attempts to end it by the Czars in power consistently unsuccessful?
- Research and report on how England was transformed in the 19th century by the industrial revolution and the advent of the railroad.
- Compare and contrast the consequences of the industrial revolutions in England and America in terms of urbanization.
- What were the circumstances leading to World War I, and how might the war have been averted?
- Assess the Cold War of the 20th century in an historical context: can any parallels be made between this conflict and other ongoing tensions between major powers in earlier centuries?
- Analyze Roosevelt’s decisions in implementing the New Deal, beginning with the closing of the banks. Suggest alternative strategies, or reinforce the rationale of the actions.
- What architectural marvels were found in Tenochtitlan, capital of the Aztec Empire?
- What was the cultural significance of the first moon landing?
- Food programs
- Welfare reform
- Governmental supplementation
- Homeless: urban restrictions vs. needs of the destitute
- Workable solutions?
- Realistic limits vs. openness toward people in need
- English as official language vs. respect for diversity
- Should illegal immigrants be made legal citizens?
- Access to public school and public programs for Illegal Aliens
- Policing borders–workable solutions?
- Employment and/or taxation for Illegal Aliens
- International trade
- “Shock and awe”
- U.S. occupation vs. liberation
- Iraqi run vs. U.S. puppet state
- Oil and Gas prices-Control of resources
- Effective self-government
- War on Terrorism
- Is America winning or losing the War? What is the measurement of success? Have the benefits outweighed the costs?
- Parental leave for both parents
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)
- Bonding time
- Preemptive strike policy
- Precision weapons
- Intelligence reliability
- Afghanistan – a success or stalemate
- Should the U.S. have mandatory military conscriptions? For whom?
- Governmental support
- School emergency plans
- Community warning systems
- Damage costs
- U.S. presidential elections should be decided by the popular vote, rather than the Electoral College.
- The minimum wage should be increased to provide a “livable” wage for working families.
- There should be stiffer penalties for those who commit animal cruelty.
- School vouchers increase competition and create better quality schools.
- The corporate tax rate should be lowered to create more jobs.
- Social Security should be privatized.
- Human torture should be banned in all circumstances.
- Affirmative action is still needed to ensure racial and gender equality.
- The U.S. dollar should go back on the gold standard.
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide should be outlawed.
- Police brutality vs. dangers that police face
- Racially motivated brutality?
- Politician’s right to privacy vs. the public’s right to know
- Amount of money going into presidential campaigns
- Views on abortion, gay marriage, and other controversial topics
- Political debates throughout history
- Third-party candidates at presidential debates
- Rights of religious citizens vs. freedom from imposition (e.g. prayer in schools)
- Religious motivation for political involvement vs. cultural pluralism
- Christian Right’s influence on foreign policy
- How serious? Causes? Workable solutions?
- Funding abortion as a form of birth control in third world countries?
- What would happen globally if the demand for natural resources is greater than the supply?
- Limitation of social deterioration vs. freedom of speech
- Definition of Pornography
- Child Pornography
- Building prisons vs. alternative sentencing
- Adjusted sentencing for lesser crimes
- Community service
- Diversion Programs for inmates
- How does the prison population in America compare to other nations?
- Prostitution laws in the US and abroad
- Benefits and drawbacks to legalizing prostitution
- Psychological effect on prostitutes and former prostitutes
- Sex slavery, buying and selling
- Should the government be allowed to wire tap without permission?
- What limitations, if any, should be applied to the paparazzi?
- What medical information should be confidential? Who, if anybody, should have access to medical records?
- Does the public have a right to know about a public figure’s private life?
- Privacy rights
- Do harsher punishments mean fewer convictions?
- Date rape: consent vs. exploitation
- Drugs-Rohypnol, GHB, KETAMINE
- Legalization of Date Rape Drugs
- Recently, a 17-year-old boy was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl. Are statutory rape laws patronizing to girls and discriminatory to boys?
- Acquaintance rape
- Is there one true religion?
- Freedom of religion
- Offer distinct reasons why the Bible should be studied as literature, removed from religious significance.
- From Hollywood to the White House: the political rise of Ronald Reagan.
- The Great Communicator: how Reagan captured the hearts of Americans.
- 1981 assassination attempt: bullet wound leaves Reagan inches away from death.
- Reagan appoints the first female Supreme Court justice.
- The PATCO breakup and decline of the labor unions.
- Tax cuts and “Reaganomics.”
- The “Iran-Contra” scandal.
- Reagan, Gorbachev, and the end of the Cold War.
- The final act: Reagan’s Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis and long goodbye.
- How has airport security intensified since September 11th, 2001?
- Identity theft
- Homeland Security: Are we safer since the creation of this department?
- Should the government use invasive pat-downs and body scans to ensure passenger safety or are there better methods?
- Is arming Pilots a good idea?
- What responsibilities do secret service agents have?
- Student loan scams
- How to avoid student loan debt
- Managing student loan debt
- Driverless cars and the future of transportation.
- Breaking the glass ceiling: the impact of the women’s rights movement.
- How seniors contribute to societal well-being.
- How disabled individuals are viewed by society.
- The modern-day civil rights movement.
- Has technology made us more detached from society?
- The role of religion in society.
- In today’s society, are we better off or worse off than previous generations?
- Popular music and its impact on the culture.
- Class and geographical segregation.
- The differences between life in the city, suburbs, and/or rural areas.
- Should parents be able to create designer babies?
- Should microchips be implanted inside humans for better tracking and security?
- Will smart watches eventually replace cell phones?
- The pros and cons of being a global citizen.
- Progressive vs. flat tax
- Excessive taxes vs. worthwhile programs
- Is text messaging contributing to teen illiteracy?
- How eating disorders impact teens.
- Tablets vs. textbooks.
- Do standardized tests improve teen education?
- Are violent video games contributing to juvenile delinquency?
- Is English literature relevant for today’s teens?
- Should the HPV vaccine be required for teen girls?
- Do teachers inflate grades so students can pass?
- Should advertisers be allowed to target teens?
- How to encourage teens to stop smoking.
- The causes and effects of teen alcohol and drug abuse.
- How to prevent teen pregnancy.
- Osama Bin Laden
- World Trade Center and Pentagon bombings
- September 11, 2001
- War on terrorism
- Al Qaida: Has U.S. policy actually spread terrorism rather than contained it? Will it get better or worse? Why and how?
- Can terrorism ever be justified?
- What kind of person becomes a suicide bomber?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the death of Osama Bin Laden?
- Has the Patriot Act prevented or stopped terrorist acts in America?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- Cell Phones: How have they changed us socially?
- Does the Information Age mean we are losing important historical information?
- Where did hip-hop music originate?
- A day in the life of a Buddhist monk.
- How does the brain store and retrieve memories?
- What life is like inside an ant colony.
- The case for and against the existence of UFOs.
- Can virtual reality adequately substitute for actual reality?
- Are dreams hidden messages or just hot air?
- Why do people collect the most ridiculous things?
- When is it time to get out of an abusive relationship?
- The art of pretending to care.
- Public attitudes toward veterans
- Health issues caused by service time
- Organizations for veterans
- Governmental support for veterans
- What programs are available to help war veterans get back into society?
- Iraq War Vets: Are they being cheated on medical benefits?
- Is there a glass ceiling?
- Obstacles to women running for political office?
- Should women be priests, pastors, ministers, and rabbis?
- What differences, if any, are there in children who are raised by stay-at-home moms and working moms? Does society today still discriminate against working mothers who wish to have flexible work schedules?
- Should stay-at-home moms get a salary from the government?
- Why do we sleep?
- How do GPS systems work?
- Who was the first person to reach the North Pole?
- Did anybody ever escape Alcatraz?
- What was life like for a gladiator?
- Are there any effective means of repelling insects?
- How is bulletproof clothing made?
- How was the skateboard invented and how has it changed over the years?
- What is life like inside of a beehive?
- Where did hip hop originate and who were its founders?
- What makes the platypus a unique and interesting mammal?
- What is daily life like for a Buddhist monk?
- How did gunpowder change warfare?
- How were cats and dogs domesticated and for what purposes?
- What do historians know about ninjas?
- Are humans still evolving?
- What is the curse of the pharaohs?
- Why was Socrates executed?
- How did ancient sailors navigate the globe?
- How are black holes formed?
- How do submarines work?
- Do lie detector tests accurately determine truthful statements?
- How does a hybrid car save energy?
- What ingredients can be found in a hotdog?
- How does a shark hunt?
- How does the human brain store and retrieve memories?
- How does stealth technology shield aircraft from radar?
- What causes tornados?
- How does night vision work?
- What causes desert mirages, and how do they affect wanderers?
- What are sinkholes, and how are they formed?
- What are the major theories explaining the disappearance of the dinosaurs?
- Should we reform laws to make it harder to get a divorce?
- Divorce rates
- Family relationships
- Family values
- Race relations
- Marriage and Divorce
- A view of home life and its effect on child development
- How 4 generations in the workplace can work together.
- Building positive employee relationships
- Modern work environments
- Business leadership
- Workforce regulations
- Small business and taxation
- Corporate law
- Issues in modern Human Resources: Are today’s corporations patronizing employees or being more responsible for them?
- Cultural conflict in globalization: Strategies for successfully establishing a presence in a foreign culture
- Corporate abuse: How can executives so successfully manipulate corporations criminally?
- Identifying stakeholders in non-public companies: is the corporate responsibility the same as for public offerings?
- Devise a new model of leadership for business today, incorporating elements of existing leadership models and theories.
- Examine the actual impact of social media as a business promotion instrument.
- Devise a scenario in which traditionally unethical business practices may be justified.
- Should newspaper reporters be required to reveal their sources?
- Do the media (both print and broadcast) report fairly? Do they ever cross the line between reporting the news and creating the news?
- Does news coverage favor whites?
- What steps are involved in creating a movie or television show?
- How have the film and music industries dealt with piracy?
- Media conglomerates/ownership
- Minorities in mass media
- Portrayal of women
- Reality television
- Television violence
- Media portrayals
- Sensationalized media
- Examine the issues of responsibility in pharmaceutical companies’ promotion of drugs in the media.
- Forensic science technology
- What are the current capabilities and future goals of genetic engineers?
- What obstacles faced scientists in breaking the sound barrier?
- What is alchemy and how has it been attempted?
- What technologies are available to home owners to help them conserve energy?
- Nuclear energy
- Clean energy resources
- Wind energy: Is wind energy really that inexpensive? Is it effective? Is it practical?
- What are the dangers and hazards of using nuclear power?
- Investigate Freud’s contributions to psychology as they exist today: what value remains?
- Are there gender foundations to psychology and behavior that are removed from cultural considerations? To what extent does gender actually dictate thought process?
- To what extent is sexual orientation dictated by culture, and is there an orientation not subject to social and cultural influences?
- Investigate the psychological process in group dynamics with regard to the emergence of leaders and the compliance of others.
- Compare and contrast Jung, Freud, and Adler: explore distinctions and commonalities.
- What is “normal,” and to what extent is psychology reliant on culture to define this?
- Research and assess the effectiveness of radical psychotherapies and unconventional treatments.
- Research the concept of human will as both a component of individual psychology and a process or element removed from it.
- To what extent is self-image influenced by culture in regard to eating disorders? Are external factors entirely to blame?
- How do centuries-old beliefs of madness and dementia relate to modern conceptions of mental illness?
- Is psychology itself inevitably a non-science in that virtually any theory may be substantiated, or is there a foundation of science to the subject to which all theorists must conform?
- Examine Euripides and gender psychology: what do the Trojan Women and Medea reveal?
- Using three characters, explore Chaucer’s insight into human behavior in The Canterbury Tales.
- Identify the true relationship between Dante and Virgil in The Divine Comedy, emphasizing Dante’s reliance on the poet.
- Research and discuss the English fascination for euphemism and ornate narratives in the 16th century, beginning with John Lyly.
- Examine any existing controversies regarding Shakespearean authorship, citing arguments on both sides.
- Analyze similarities and differences between Marlowe and Shakespeare in regard to Tamburlaine and Titus Andronicus.
- Defend or support Bloom’s assertion of Shakespeare as the “inventor of the human being.”
- To what degree are Shakespeare’s plays influenced by, or reflective, of the Elizabethan era? Identify specific cultural and national events linked to at least 3 plays.
- Analyze the unusual construction of A Winter’s Tale in regard to transition from comedy to drama. Is this valid? Does the transition benefit or harm the play?
- Support the belief that Shakespeare is representing himself as Prospero through evidence, or similarly refute the belief.
- Why was extreme violence so popular in English Reformation drama? Cite Marlowe, Kyd, Webster, and Shakespeare.
- Analyze the metaphysical in Donne’s poetry: is it spiritual, existential, or both?
- What is Shelley seeking to say in Frankenstein? Support your answer with passages from the novel.
- Compare and contrast Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina with Flaubert’s Madame Bovary, noting the characters of the heroines.
- It is argued that Dickens failed when he turned to serious, romantic narrative in his novels. Using Copperfield, Great Expectations, and Dombey and Son, defend or refute this claim.
- Assess Dickens’ stance as a moralist in Bleak House and Hard Times: to what extent does he seek reform, and to what does he comment on the human condition?
- Was the Harry Potter phenomenon warranted by quality of storytelling or more a matter of public receptivity at the time combined with media exposure?
Top 10 Microphone Isolation Shield Reflectors + Buyer’s Guide 2021
Best Microphones for Streaming, Gaming and Live Chats in 2022
20 thoughts on “717 Good Research Paper Topics”
How has music evolved? How has music effected history? Music of the past vs music of the present. How has the music industry effected the music’s quality?
Do you think abortion is legal? Why they do abortion?
Why are people instinctively afraid of animals that are not mammals?
Should abortion be legalized? Should domestic abuse and child abuse victims be granted clemency for killing their abuser?
Jewish holocaust and its contribution to European History, specifically Germany
What is the most popular college in the United States?
The Black Knight: Space Waste or Alien Satellite? The Moon Landing: Real or Hollywood Hoax? Have We Become Too Politically Correct? Paranormal Research: Real? Fake? Should it be offered in college? Who really was Jack the Ripper? Can a zombie apocalypse truly occur? Who is the best or worst president of the USA? The Men in Black: real or hoax?
Why Marching Band is a sport.
Marching band is not a sport
how did aids start?
Topic : Alternative medicine Research question : Does the alternative medicine is safe and standardized Hypothesis : analyse the quality controle of alternative medicine formulations
Does our nostalgic music/childhood songs affect our present lifestyle, and in what ways?
reverse discriminations is still discrimination so there’s no such thing as that. like reverse racism isn’t a thing because that is still racism
Men on birth control and not women.
You forget the topic Islamophobia 😉
You should add a music section. Is Muzio Clementi overshadowed by Mozart? The Toccata and Fugue in D- really wasn’t written by Bach The use of the “Dies Irae” in cinema Why is modern music so repetitive and simple compared to classical music?
I want to do a research project on Education
I want to research but not get a perfect topic help me give me a best topic about current affairs
Topic: History. Are the Crusades oversimplified? where they justified? If so, how? Topic: Current affairs. Is the term “conspiracy theory” used to discredit any non-mainstream, controversial opinions. Topic: Gun control. Does limiting magazine capacity for firearms have any effect on gun crime? Are high-capacity magazines ever necessary for self-defense? Topic: Economics. Are minimum wage laws necessary to guarantee “decent”, or do the laws of supply and demand automatically ensure that?
Are women funny?
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class
Research Report Topics for Students
College students frequently confuse research papers and research reports. In fact, these genres have a lot in common: academic writing style, informative and concise character, logical structure, etc. However, there are several fundamental differences. In the first place, report topics are much broader than topics for research papers. Consequently, reports have a more general character and it is easier to find enough information to compose a high-quality report. Here you can read more information on how to write a report .
For some students, picking one particular topic can be challenging. We want you to overcome the fear of making the first step. Define the field of your interest and start writing your report!
Below, you can read a list of topics for report writing in different disciplines: economics and business, history, ecology, culture, and sociology. We have also accompanied every topic with short instructions in order to give you information on the writing process. Need your essay done urgently? Our service PayForWriting specializes in writing essays fast, meeting tight deadlines while maintaining excellence – just say ‘ write my essay fast ‘ and let us take care of it.
Economics and Business Report Topics
- Networking types in business
People are social beings, and we can’t live a full life in isolation. Even the most dedicated introverts need human contact from time to time. Social connections are an important part of our everyday life. We regularly interact with other people. When these interactions are mutually beneficial, we may call it “networking.” We propose you to examine the types of networks that are available in the world of business. The specialists usually maintain distinct personal networks, strategic networks, and operational networks. Describe each type and explain how it can be useful for establishment or development of the company.
- The risks of online business for the companies
Everything is online now. Internet users buy, communicate, study, and work online. Many businessmen have decided to turn their companies into online businesses. Such a strategy has a wide range of advantages: global access, flexibility of client service, low initial cost, automated work, etc. However, business owners can’t, and shouldn’t, ignore the numerous risks that they may face: hacker attacks, internet traffic issues, malware, etc. Online business is a good research report topic for those who are interested in economics and computer technologies at the same time.
- Business report on the Nestle company
Business reports on different types of companies allows for the study of their activities, marketing strategies, hiring processes, and other crucial aspects of business conduct. You may study both successful and failed companies in order to examine different experiences. In this report, we propose you to take a closer look at the famous international food and drink company Nestle. This company owns over 2000 brands, so you will have much work to do. Include information on its history, well-known brands, management philosophy, financial data, employees, etc.
All three topics described above are related to the modern world. If you like to dig deep, we offer you to pay attention to the historical report topics list. We hope that you will find something interesting here!
Best Topics for Report Writing on History
- Economic recovery after the Great Depression
The Great Depression is considered to be the biggest economic crisis of the 20th century. Actually, it was a real disaster for the global economy. Although it began in the USA, the crisis negatively influenced a wide range of rich and poor countries all around the world: Australia, Italy, Canada, New Zealand, Latin America, and others. Monetary expansion and currency devaluations were two main techniques that helped to recover after the Great Depression. In your research report, analyze both techniques, their strengths and weaknesses, and use in different countries. You are also welcome to compare the recovery process in the USA and other countries that were strongly struck by the crisis.
- Salem witch trials
Although religion is aimed at uniting people and bringing peace in their souls, sometimes it may cause the most horrible massacres and persecutions. Salem witch trials perfectly exemplify how faith can turn into hysteria and entail human victims. There are many theories and explanations related to these trials. We offer you to gather all the theories and summarize them in your report. Try to remain objective and present different points of view on this topic.
- Economical state of Germany after World War II
Although Germany was the aggressor in World War II, the common efforts of the Allies put an end to the German invasion. Germany lost part of its territory and was divided by the Allies. The nation was financially exhausted, as the Nazis spent money on military needs uncontrollably. High inflation destroyed the value of savings. It took decades from the German nation to fully recover after the war. This theme will be a good report topic for students who are interested both in history and economics.
We should care not only about our past but also about our future. Let’s save our planet and learn more about the ecological problems with the help of the topics below.
Ecology Report Topic Ideas
- Report on the 2010 Haiti earthquake
Natural disasters are a part of the life of our planet. We can’t prevent earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tornadoes, or tsunamis. The only thing we can do is hide and save our lives in the face of the great and horrifying power of nature. The 2010 Haiti earthquake affected about 3 million people. Many countries (Dominican Republic, China, Qatar, Iceland, Israel, USA, and others) immediately responded to the appeal for help and provided humanitarian aid. Today, many Haitians still live in camps because their houses have been ruined by the earthquake. You may include in your report the following sections: geological background, damage, casualties, international response, and recovery state.
- Geothermal energy technology
Renewable sources of energy are one of the most acute scientific report topics for students. For now, humanity uses mostly six renewable energies: wind power, solar energy, biomass, hydroelectric energy, hydrogen and fuel cells, and geothermal power. Of course, there are more sources that can be applied to generate electricity, but modern technologies don’t allow the safe and beneficial use of all kinds of sources. In your report, we suggest you to present information on geothermal energy technology. You may display different aspects: types of energy, potential, cost, benefits, risks, environmental impact, etc.
- The benefits of electric cars for the environment
The first electric car was built back in 1837! Can you imagine that? You may wonder why our roads are not filled with them exclusively. The answer is simple – money. Oil companies could not allow the development of the technologies that would decrease their benefits. That is why electric cars have gained popularity only in the early 21st century. They have a wide range of advantages in comparison to the gasoline and diesel powered vehicles: running costs, low maintenance, safety, etc. However, the most attractive aspect is their environmental benefits. Describe all the advantages and compose an excellent research report!
We strongly believe that humanity is able to create magnificent and beautiful things like paintings or sculptures and not only devastate our poor planet. We are 100% sure that you will love our topics about culture.
Culture Report Writing Topics for Students
- The development of Comic-Con
Comic books crossed the line of youth literature a long time ago. The diversity of comic book genres may satisfy the pickiest readers no matter what their gender, age, job, or tastes are. Back in 1964, the first comic book convention took place in New York. Since that key event, the tradition of hosting comic-cons has spread all around the world. Now, the conventions are held in India, United Kingdom, Brazil, Canada, Ukraine, Pakistan, and other countries all around the planet. How has this cultural phenomenon come this far? Who were the pioneers of this movement? How many visitors attended the comic-cons from the past compared to today? Answer these questions, and you will get a good basis for your report.
- Day of the Dead traditions around the world
Of course, the first country that comes to mind when we hear “Day of the Dead” is Mexico. The tradition of this holiday dates back to the pre-Columbian period. However, respect for ancestors is common for the majority of the world’s population. Day of the Dead is one of the most interesting topics for report writing, as you have the opportunity to learn more about the customs of different countries. We recommend you to gather and present information on Samhain (Celtic holiday), All Hallows’ Eve (US tradition), Mahalaya (Hindu festival), and Day of the Dead (Mexican tradition). You may simply provide your readers with information or compare these traditions.
- Basic characteristics of magic realism in painting
Magic realism is a genre of art that combines pictures of our reality with magic and imaginary elements. This style began its path in the early 20th century and remains popular even today. Although magic realism, also known as marvelous realism, had a great impact on all kinds of art, we recommend you to focus on painting, as it is much easier to analyze a great number of pictures than to read a great number of books. Pay attention to the characteristics that are common for all artists, as the paintings may differ a lot at first sight but have the same basis.
Now, you can compose a dozen reports on different topics easily and quickly! If it is not enough for you, we have three more interesting themes related to sociology.
Sociology Report Writing Ideas
- Impact of social media on communication
For a modern human being, it is quite hard to live even one day without a phone or laptop with a good internet connection. Social media provides a wide range of opportunities. We can share our emotions and thoughts with a greater audience, broadcast the most important (or not) moments of our lives, and get current news immediately just in one click. All these advantages are amazing, especially in comparison to older ways of spreading information, such as mail, newspapers, or telegraphs. Despite all these positive aspects, we can’t consider social media to be absolutely positive for our society. Cyberbullying, unhealthy sleep patterns, and addiction are not the only negative effects of social media. Analyze both positive and negative influences in your research report.
- Social attitude toward albinos in Africa
The attitude toward albinism in African countries is an acute report paper topic. Although our world is far from the past epochs of barbarian violence, the persecutions of albinos still take place in African countries, especially in Malawi and Tanzania. The witch doctors are ready to pay killers or exhume albinos’ bodies from graves in order to get their body parts. They believe that albinos are not humans, but are demons or ghosts, and their bodies contain magic energy that can be used for witchcraft. Albino children have to go to special schools and camps, as going to regular schools can be dangerous for them. The educated populations of African countries try to fight against these beliefs and stop the persecutions.
- Common elements of US student fraternities
Many pupils probably dream of becoming members of fraternities and sororities. These communities are an indispensable part of college life in the USA. Of course, Greek letter organizations also exist in other countries such as Canada, France, or Germany, but they play a significant role in the social life of American colleges. Although they may vary when it comes to structure, purpose, and traditions, almost all fraternities and sororities share the same elements. Your main goal is to determine these common elements and describe them in detail in your research report.
History Report Topics
- American auto industry in the 1920’s. The beginning of mass automobile manufacturing.
- Life of Leonardo da Vinci and the history of his immortal creations.
- Adolf Hitler – the path to authority. Psychological portrait of Adolf Hitler.
- Ancient civilization. The legacy of ancient Greek literature.
- Foreign policy and economic relations of Japan during the postwar period.
- Activities of Pierre de Coubertin to revive the modern Olympic Games.
Architecture Report Topics
- Architecture of Brunelleschi during the Early Renaissance.
- Defect elimination of walls, caused by the change in their material properties during long periods of construction.
- New construction ideas of underground stations on lines of shallow locations.
- Ancient Greek sculpture and their influence on modernists.
- French Gothic cathedrals. History of the Rouen Cathedral.
- The history and architecture of St. Petersburg’s largest bridges.
Computer Science Report Topics
- Data transfer to railway transport. Experience of the railways of Japan.
- History of supercomputer modeling. Solving the three-dimensional dynamic problems.
- Digital design: 3D-modeling and Simulation-Based Design.
- How weak artificial intelligence is used in everyday life.
- Managing large sets of data. “Internet of things” and data mining.
- The development of corporate information systems and difficulties associated with it.
Education Report Topics
- Tradition and innovation in an education sphere. “New schools” of the 20th century.
- The impact of social roles on personality development.
- Case method in the teaching process: description, stages, efficiency.
- The main problems of the organization of distance learning.
- How to pass exams in different countries: features and advantages.
- The role of cribs in the learning process. Types and forms of cribs.
Fitness/Wellness Report Topics
- Methods of running middle distance. Common mistakes and trauma.
- Body weight adjustment methods in the sports training process.
- Innovative systems of physical training for preschoolers.
- The use of anabolic steroids. The aftermath of high doses.
- Exercise and fitness during pregnancy. Harm and benefits.
- Fat burning workout according to particular characteristics of the organism.
Ecology and Environment Report Topics
- Assessing the impact of acid rain on the elements of the ecosystem of the industrial city, and global warming
- The impact of rocket and space technology on the ozone layer
- Greenhouse effect: Carbon dioxide and anthropogenic factors
- Ways to prevent the negative effects of oil and gas industries on the environment
- A closed technological cycle of processing domestic and industrial waste of a megacity
- Ecological problems of underground disposal of dangerous industrial waste
- Environmental safety and technological problems of waste disposal of industrial enterprises
- Investigation of the effectiveness of industrial waste utilization using the method of pyrolysis
- Dolomite powder – the new sorbent for cleaning oil-contaminated wastewater
- The uselessness of the Montreal Protocol for the preservation of the planet’s ozone layer
Health Care and Medicine Report Topics
- Breast cancer: Mammalogy from antiquity to the present day
- Molecular, genetic and clinical aspects of hereditary breast cancer
- Problems of acute myocardial infarction in patients with diabetes
- Genetic basis of bronchial asthma: Effectiveness of drug therapy
- Congenital nephrotic syndrome: etiology, diagnosis, treatment
- Approaches to the evaluation of biological age by analysis of mitochondrial DNA
- Epilepsy and nicotine: clinical observation and a literature review
- Psychological problems and personality characteristics of adolescents with diabetes
- The Framingham Heart Study: 65 years of studying the causes of atherosclerosis
- The role of anxiety and depressive disorders in the genesis of psychosomatic diseases
Economy Report Topics
- The impact of the oil industry on oil pricing
- Human Development Index: place of the US in the modern world
- New ways of promoting goods: modern forms of marketing communication
- Innovations in the hotel industry: international experience
- Advantages and disadvantages of the GDP as an indicator of socio-economic development
- Marketing in healthcare: capabilities and prospects
- Innovative start-ups: problems of creating and marketing promotion
- Bitcoin as a phenomenon in the world economy: problems and possible ways of development
- Improvement of venture investment in today’s economy
- Business planning of startups in the context of attracting venture capital investment
- Higher education in Finland – a course on innovation and nanotechnology
- Professional teacher standards, new requirements and qualifications of the modern teacher
- Japan’s education system: features of child education
- Psychological and socio-demographic factors of students experiences of loneliness
- The research work of a student: nature, content and features
- Forms and methods of motivating students for physical training
- Problems of adaptation of foreign students in US: pedagogical support and ethnic specificity
- The dynamics and nature of educational motivation of students at different stages of learning
- The ideal image of a student in the understanding of senior students
- Personal and gender characteristics of medical students
Drugs and Drug Abuse Report Topics
- The object and subject of crimes related to drug trafficking
- Drugs – amphetamines (N-methylamphetamine, desoxyephedrine, Syndrox, Methedrine, and Desoxyn): mechanism of action
- Consumption of alcohol among youth and its role in familiarizing drugs
- The dynamics of morphological changes in the heart during chronic drug addiction, depending on the duration of drug use
- Does legitimation of “light” drugs help in fight against drug abuse?
- Intentional drug overdose and suicidal behavior among drug addicts
- New approaches in diagnostics of drug addiction and test systems for drugs and psychotropic substance identification
- Synthetic cannabinoids: psychotropic effects, side effects, risks
- Features of higher mental functions in people who use cannabinoids
- The role of psychological and familial factors that cause the use of psychoactive substances among college students
Religion Report Topics
- How and why Tibet became the “central country”of Buddhism
- About the medieval schools of Chinese Buddhism
- Buddhism and Confucianism in the spiritual culture of China: problems dialogue between the two traditions
- Philosophy and Religion: the point of intersection and demarcation
- Comparative analysis of the scientific and religious ways of knowing
- Historical aspects of religion and religiosity: the origin of religion and understanding of religious phenomena
- Correlation of morality and religion: Socrates, Kant, Tolstoy
- Relations of mythology and religion in religious culture: problems and origin
- Feminist discourse of world religions: the status of women in the Buddhist tradition
- Do we need the faith? Questioning the necessity of faith, and the role of spirituality and beliefs in a person’s development
Sociology Report Topics
- Social networks: classification, analysis, and its role in a person’s life
- The impact of advertising on consumer behavior in young people
- Social nature of marriage, and the patterns of its establishment, operation, and breakdown
- The spiritual and moral qualities of a soldier from the US army
- Integration of disabled people into society: theoretical and practical understanding of the problem
- The modern child: a new type of consciousness and problems of raising a child in today’s socio-cultural conditions
- Social portrait of modern youth and the organization of free time
- Studies of youth subculture: normative and axiological models
- Moral choice of today’s youth: ideals and reality
- Practical methods of social work with refugees internally displaced in extreme situations
We know that you loved these social science report topics, right? You’re welcome. When people try to coexist, something interesting always happens. That is probably the reason why social science is so popular. You may also be interested in our guide about report writing format for students with example .
We put a lot of effort into gathering these report writing topics examples and providing you with concise and understandable instructions for each topic. No matter what topic you will choose, we are sure that you will manage to create a truly brilliant research report. Finally, we want to give you a few tips: use reliable sources, manage your time, and don’t forget to remain objective and reasonable!
Give your grades a boost
Original papers by high quality experts
Free preview and unlimited revisions
- Retirement Farewell Speech Example
- Farewell Speech Example
- Business Owner Farewell Speech Sample
- Receiving a Twenty Year Service Award
- Princeton Graduation Speech
- Never Giving up on a Dream
- Medical Student Graduation Speech
- Tribute Presentation Sample
- Greenpeace Organization
- Treatments of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Marketing Manager Speech Sample
- Demographic Policy and Abortion in China
- Causes of Teenage Drug Addiction
- Positive Effects of Classical Music
- Developing of Professional Skills of the Employees
- College Psychologist Speech
- How to Plan an International Trip Essay
- Demonstrating a Marketing Plan for New Product Line
- Destructive Effects of GMO on Children
- Child Adoption Speech
- Become a Volunteer
- Why Videos Go Viral
- Party Planning for Children’s Birthday Parties
- Modern Relationship Problems Presentation Sample
- The Advantages of Jogging
- Let’s Become Vegetarians
- Killing Routines
Non-fiction review, creative review, business letters, academic letters, personal letters, essay writing, business writing, creative writing, research papers, writing tips.
Research Paper Topics: 50 Ideas to Get Started
You’ll most likely be writing a lot of research papers while in college, so it is important to master the skill of finding the right research paper topics. Unfortunately, not all the topics you are interested in may be that easy to write about. It becomes even more difficult if there is not enough research material on the topic you’ve chosen.
Research Paper Topics: Find a Broad Subject First, Then Narrow It Down
One thing that works when finding the right research paper topics is to think of several subjects that interest you. Try writing down these subjects on a sheet of paper. Choose the one that interests you the most, and then break down the general subject into smaller chunks of topics that are related to it.
Narrow down your topics to the most interesting ones. If it is a controversial topic, choose a particular perspective that you will develop in your research paper. Read different points of view related to your topic, as this expands your knowledge and makes writing your paper easier.
Mind mapping is always a good idea, too. To find out how much you actually know about a topic, make a mind map of it. Put the main concept in the middle of a sheet of paper, then start adding relevant terms around it. When you run out of terms on this topic, you’ll see if they’re sufficient for a paper.
Another way to get yourself completely rid of all the trouble is to get a research paper writing service to help you. By delegating your assignment, you will free up some of your time and see how this type of paper is done by a professional. You can stay in touch with your paper writer every step of the way, ask them questions, and request drafts. This will allow you to stay on top of the process and see how a thesis statement becomes a full paper.
A helpful way to find a topic that would make writing a research paper easy is to use one you’ve already written about. Take one of the essays you’ve written for this particular subject and see if you can broaden this topic. How much more detail can you add? Has any new research been made on that topic? In academia, it’s quite normal to broaden and deepen your past research, so you might as well start now.
Make sure you have enough resources for your topic.
Do a quick online search on the topics on your list to see which one is widely researched. This means finding a topic that is discussed not just on websites or blogs, but more so in books, articles, and even encyclopedia references. Find a topic that is both interesting and has plenty of published material. Check magazine articles, because these are usually shorter and more updated than those found in books.
Check references online or at the library.
Once you have chosen your topic, check the internet for references and also try using your school’s library database, which may also be available online. Don’t hesitate to ask your librarian for assistance with an urgent research paper. Other resources beyond the library include research paper websites that provide professional research paper writing help .
Writing a research paper requires a lot of time, extreme concentration, and diligence. And not everyone can cope with this task. Therefore, some people turn to special services for writing student papers. However, we do not recommend ordering this work. It is better to order editing for the writing assignment. In any case, it is always better to analyze both writing and editing services.
It is difficult to identify scammers, so it is better to trust a professional like William Grabe. On his website, you will find a detailed analysis of the best essay writing services .
Running out of topics to write about? Check the suggestions below that can help you choose the right research paper topics:
Business Research Paper Topics:
- Cloud computing
- Glass ceiling
- The gender pay gap
- Geo arbitrage
- Gig economy
- Online retail
- Online whiteboards
- Machine learning and automation
- Marketing and advertising
- Customer Service
- Operations Management
- Business ethics and social responsibility
- Human Resources Management
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Teleconferencing and video meetings
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- White collar crime
- Work from home
Crime, Law, and Social Justice Research Paper Topics:
- Acquaintance rape
- Animal rights
- Assisted suicide
- Campus violence
- Capital punishment
- Civil rights
- Climate justice
- Drinking age, legal
- Drug legalization
- Gun control and gun violence
- Hate crimes
- Hunger and food insecurity
- Insanity defense
- Mandatory minimum sentencing
- Patriot Act
- Police brutality
- Prisons and prisoners
- Racial equality
- Refugee crisis
- Self defense
- Serial killers
- Sexual harassment
- Stand Your Ground Law
- Three Strikes Law
Drugs and alcohol Research Paper Topics:
- Addiction recovery
- CBD (Cannabidiol) benefits
- Doping in sports
- Drug testing
- Drug addition
- Drunk driving
- Hemp seed benefits
- Marijuana and medical marijuana
- Prescription drug abuse
- Sober living
- Substance abuse
- Twelve Steps
Education Research Paper Topics:
- Attention deficit disorder
- Charter schools
- College admission policies
- College athletes
- College tuition planning
- Distance education
- Diploma mills
- Education and funding
- Grade inflation
- Greek letter societies
- Home schooling
- Intelligence tests
- Learning disabilities
- Literacy in America
- No Child Left Behind
- Prayer in schools
- Sex education
- School vouchers
- Standardized tests
Environmental Research Paper Topics:
- Alternative fuel/hybrid vehicles
- Climate change
- Endangered species
- Global warming
- Greenhouse effect
- Marine pollution
- Nuclear energy
- Population control
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Soil pollution
- Wildlife conservation
Family Issues Research Paper Topics:
- Battered woman syndrome
- Child abuse
- Divorce rates
- Domestic abuse
- Family relationships
- Family values
- Parental Leave Benefits and Their Impact on the Family
- Children’s Mental Health & Development Impacted by Parental Absence
- The Cost of Child Care
- What Future Education Systems Must Include to Support Familial Wellbeing and Successful Learning for All
Health Research Paper Topics:
- Alternative medicine
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Artificial insemination
- Birth control
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Dietary supplements
- Exercise and fitness
- Heart disease
- Health Care Reform
- HIV infection
- In vitro fertilization
- Medicaid, Medicare reform
- Organic foods
- Prescription drugs
- Plastic surgery
- Stem cell research
- Teen pregnancy
- Weight loss surgery
Media and Communications Research Paper Topics:
- Children’s programming and advertising
- Copyright Law
- Freedom of speech
- Media conglomerates, ownership
- Globalization of media and communications
- Minorities in mass media
- Political correctness
- Portrayal of women
- Reality television
- Television violence
Political Issues Research Paper Topics:
- Affirmative Action
- Budget deficit
- Electoral College
- Election reform
- Illegal aliensIllegal aliens
- International relations
- Operation Enduring Iraqi Freedom
- Partisan politics
- Social Security Reform
- Third parties
Psychology Research Paper Topics:
- Criminal psychology
- Physical attraction
Religion Research Paper Topics:
- Freedom of religion
- The Religious Beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Religion as a Form of Therapy
- A Comparison of Wicca and Catholicism in the Media
- Religious Fundamentalism in the United States
- Teaching Islam in Public Schools
- The Role of Religion on Sexuality
Social Issues Topics:
- Airline safety, security
- Affirmative Action programs
- Child rearing
- Discrimination in education
- Employee rights
- Gambling, online gaming
- Gang identity
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
- Gay parenting
- Gender discrimination
- Genetic screening
- Identity theft
- Interracial marriage
- Race relations
- Reverse discrimination
- Test biases
- Textbook biases
- Changing Public Opinion & Politics in Social Media Era
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- FTX Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Innovation in AI and Machine Learning
- Quantum Computing Revolutionizing Information Security
- Smart Cities and Transportation Systems
- The Future of Social Media
- Homeland Security
- September 11 attacks
- Domestic terrorism
- International terrorism
- Religious terrorism
- Irgun: Zionist terrorism
- The Munich Olympics
Women and Gender Topics:
- Birth control and pregnancy
- Botox injections
- Cultural expectations and practices
- Eating disorders
- Female genital mutilation
- Gender Identity
- Gender-neutral pronouns
- Marriage and Divorce
- Media portrayals
- Modern women
- LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender)
- LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and more)
- Social media influencers
- Sex and sexuality
- Female athletes
- Women stereotypes
- Women executives
- Traditional wife
- Violence and rape
- Women’s rights
Source: University of Illinois Online Library
Related posts, mind mapping techniques for students: how to skyrocket academic success, dorm room essentials list: 7 must-haves for hbcu students, campus safety at hbcus: a beacon of hope and resilience amidst challenges, 5 thoughts on “research paper topics: 50 ideas to get started”.
Pick a topic that interests you or a topic that you have a lot of experience in. It’s much easier to address specific research issues when you either know the topic or have the interest to spend weekends and nights reading about it.
That was helpful
thank you this was very helpful!!
Thank you! Now i just need to do the difficult part of choosing a topic to write about.
Comments are closed.
Essay Topics – List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
List of 500+ Essay Writing Topics and Ideas
Essay topics in English can be difficult to come up with. While writing essays , many college and high school students face writer’s block and have a hard time to think about topics and ideas for an essay. In this article, we will list out many good essay topics from different categories like argumentative essays, essays on technology, environment essays for students from 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grades. Following list of essay topics are for all – from kids to college students. We have the largest collection of essays. An essay is nothing but a piece of content which is written from the perception of writer or author. Essays are similar to a story, pamphlet, thesis, etc. The best thing about Essay is you can use any type of language – formal or informal. It can biography, the autobiography of anyone. Following is a great list of 100 essay topics. We will be adding 400 more soon!
But Before that you may wanna read some awesome Essay Writing Tips here .
Get the Huge list of 100+ Speech Topics here
Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should plastic be banned?
- Pollution due to Urbanization
- Education should be free
- Should Students get limited access to the Internet?
- Selling Tobacco should be banned
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Facebook should be banned
- Students should not be allowed to play PUBG
Essay Topics on Technology
- Wonder Of Science
- Mobile Phone
Essay Topics on Festivals on Events
- Independence Day (15 August)
- Teachers Day
- Summer Vacation
- Children’s Day
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Republic Day
Essay Topics on Education
- Education Essay
- Importance of Education
- Contribution of Technology in Education
Essay Topics on Famous Leaders
- Mahatma Gandhi
- APJ Abdul Kalam
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Swami Vivekananda
- Mother Teresa
- Rabindranath Tagore
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Subhash Chandra Bose
- Abraham Lincoln
- Martin Luther King
- Lal Bahadur Shashtri
Essay Topics on Animals and Birds
- My Favorite Animal
Essays Topics About Yourself
- My Best Friend
- My Favourite Teacher
- My Aim In Life
- My Favourite Game – Badminton
- My Favourite Game – Essay
- My Favourite Book
- My Ambition
- How I Spent My Summer Vacation
- India of My Dreams
- My School Life
- I Love My Family
- My Favourite Subject
- My Favourite Game Badminton
- My Father My Hero
- My School Library
- My Favourite Author
- My plans for summer vacation
Essay Topics Based on Environment and Nature
- Global Warming
- Air Pollution
- Environmental Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Rainy Season
- Climate Change
- Importance Of Trees
- Winter Season
- Natural Disasters
- Save Environment
- Summer Season
- Trees Our Best Friend Essay In English
Essay Topics Based on Proverbs
- Health Is Wealth
- A Stitch in Time Saves Nine
- An Apple a Day Keeps Doctor Away
- Where there is a will, there is way
- Time and Tide wait for none
Toppr provides free study materials like NCERT Solutions for Students, Previous 10 Years of Question Papers, 1000+ hours of video lectures for free. Download Toppr app for Android and iOS or signup for free.
Essay Topics for Students from 6th, 7th, 8th Grade
- Noise Pollution
- Environment Pollution
- Women Empowerment
- Time and Tide Wait for none
- Science and Technology
- Importance of Sports
- Sports and Games
- Time Management
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness
- Rome was not Built in a Day
- Clean India
- Cow Essay In English
- Describe Yourself
- Festivals Of India
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Healthy Food
- Importance Of Water
- Plastic Pollution
- Value of Time
- Honesty is the Best Policy
- Gandhi Jayanti
- Human Rights
- Knowledge Is Power
- Same Sex Marriage
- Childhood Memories
- Cyber Crime
- Kalpana Chawla
- Rani Lakshmi Bai
- Spring Season
- Unity In Diversity
- Artificial Intelligence
- Online Shopping
- Indian Culture
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Indian Education System
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Issues
- Freedom Fighters
- Save Fuel For Better Environment
- Importance Of Newspaper
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Raksha Bandhan
- World Environment Day
- Narendra Modi
- What Is Religion
- Charity Begins at Home
- A Journey by Train
- Ideal student
- Save Water Save Earth
- Indian Farmer
- Safety of Women in India
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Capital Punishment
- College Life
- Natural Resources
- Peer Pressure
- Nature Vs Nurture
- Romeo And Juliet
- Generation Gap
- Makar Sankranti
- Constitution of India
- Girl Education
- Importance of Family
- Importance of Independence Day
- Brain Drain
- A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
- Action Speaks Louder Than Words
- All That Glitters Is Not Gold
- Bhagat Singh
- Importance of Discipline
- Population Explosion
- Poverty in India
- Uses Of Mobile Phones
- Water Scarcity
- Train Journey
- Land Pollution
- Environment Protection
- Indian Army
- Uses of Internet
- All that Glitters is not Gold
- Balanced Diet
- Blood Donation
- Digital India
- Dussehra Essay
- Energy Conservation
- National Integration
- Railway Station
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Health And Hygiene
- Importance Of Forest
- Indira Gandhi
- Laughter Is The Best Medicine
- Career Goals
- Mental Health
- Save Water Save Life
- International Yoga Day
- Winter Vacation
- Soil Pollution
- Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining
- Indian Culture And Tradition
- Unity Is Strength
- Unity is Diversity
- Wildlife Conservation
- Cruelty To Animals
- Nelson Mandela
- Of Mice And Men
- Organ Donation
- Life in a Big City
- Democracy in India
- Waste Management
- Female Foeticide
- Harmful Effects Of Junk Food
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Save Electricity
- Social Media
- Social Networking Sites
- Sound Pollution
- Life in an Indian Village
- Life in Big City
- Population Growth
- World Population Day
- Greenhouse Effect
- Statue of Unity
- Traffic Jam
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Importance of Good Manners
- Good Manners
- Cyber Security
- Green Revolution
- Health And Fitness
- Incredible India
- Make In India
- Surgical Strike
- Triple Talaq
- A Good Friend
- Importance of Friends in our Life
- Should Plastic be Banned
- Traffic Rules
- Effects of Global Warming
- Fundamental Rights
- Solar System
- National Constitution Day
- Good Mother
- Importance of Trees in our Life
- City Life Vs Village Life
- Importance of Communication
- Conservation of Nature
- Man vs. Machine
- Indian Economy
- Mothers Love
- Importance of National Integration
- Black Money
- Greenhouse effect
- Self Discipline
- Global Terrorism
- Conservation of Biodiversity
- Newspaper and Its Uses
- World Health Day
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- A Picnic with Family
- Indian Heritage
- Status of Women in India
- Child is Father of the Man
- Reading is Good Habit
- Plastic Bag
- Terrorism in India
- Library and Its Uses
- Life on Mars
- Pollution Due to Diwali
- National Flag of India
- Vocational Education
- Importance of Tree Plantation
- Summer Camp
- Vehicle Pollution
- Women Education in India
- Seasons in India
- Freedom of the Press
- Caste System
- Environment and Human Health
- Mountain Climbing
- Depletion of Natural Resources
- Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
- Health Education
- Effects of Deforestation
- Life after School
- Starvation in India
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Impact of Privatization
- Election Commission of India
- Election and Democracy
- Prevention of Global Warming
- Impact of Cinema in Life
- Subhas Chandra Bose
- Dowry System
- Ganesh Chaturthi Festival
- Role of Science in Making India
- Impact of Global Warming on Oceans
- Pollution due to Festivals
- Ambedkar Jayanti
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Family Planning in India
- Democracy vs Dictatorship
- National Festivals of India
- Sri Aurobindo
- Casteism in India
- Organ trafficking
- Consequences of Global Warming
- Role of Human Activities in Global Warming
- Issues and Problems faced by Women in India
- Role of Judiciary in the Country Today
- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
- PUBG Mobile Game Addiction
- Role of Youths in Nation Building
- Value of Oxygen and Water in Life/Earth
- Farmer Suicides in India
- Start-up India
- Pollution Due to Firecrackers
- Life of Soldiers
- Child Labour
- Save Girl Child
- Morning Walk
- My School Fete
- Essay on Financial Literacy
- Essay On Sustainable Development
- Essay On Punjab
- Essay On Travel
- My Home Essay
- Child Marriage Essay
- Importance Of English Language Essay
- Essay On Mass Media
- Essay On Horse
- Essay On Police
- Essay On Eid
- Essay On Solar Energy
- Animal Essay
- Essay On Mango
- Gender Discrimination Essay
- Essay On Advertisement
- My First Day At School Essay
- My Neighborhood Essay
- True Friendship Essay
- Work Is Worship Essay
- Essay On Self Confidence
- Essay On Superstition
- Essay On Bangalore
- Sex Vs Gender Essay
- Essay On Social Issues
- Time Is Money Essay
- Essay About Grandmothers
- Essay On Hard Work
- First Day Of School Essay
- Flowers Essay
- My Favorite Food Essay
- Essay on Birds
- Essay on Humanity
- Essay on Sun
- Essay on Kargil War
- Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining Essay
- Francis Bacon Essays
- Importance of Cleanliness Essay
- My Sister Essay
- Self Introduction Essay
- Solar Energy Essay
- Sports Day Essa
- Value Of Education Essay
- Essay On Isro
- Essay On Balance Is Beneficial
- Essay On Reservation In India
- Essay On Water Management
- Essay On Smoking
- Essay On Stress Management
- Essay On William Shakespeare
- Essay on Apple
- Essay On Albert Einstein
- Essay On Feminism
- Essay On Kindness
- Essay On Domestic Violence
- Essay on English as a Global Language
- Essay On Co-Education
- Importance Of Exercise Essay
- Overpopulation Essay
- Smartphone Essay
- Essay on River
- Essay on Cyclone
- Essay On Facebook
- Essay On Science In Everyday Life
- Essay On Women Rights
- Essay On Right To Education
- Essay on Quotes
- Essay On Peace
- Essay On Drawing
- Essay On Bicycle
- Essay On Sexual Harassment
- Essay On Hospital
- Essay On Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Essay On Golden Temple
- Essay On Art
- Essay On Ruskin Bond
- Essay On Moon
- Birthday Essay
- Dont Judge A Book By Its Cover Essay
- Draught Essay
- Gratitude Essay
- Indian Politics Essay
- Who am I Essay
- Essay on Positive Thinking
- Essay on Dance
- Essay on Navratri
- Essay on Onam
- Essay on New Education Policy 2020
- Esasy on Thank you Coronavirus Helpers
- Essay on Coronavirus and Coronavirus Symptoms
- Essay on Baseball
- Essay on coronavirus vaccine
- Fitness beats pandemic essay
- Essay on coronavirus tips
- Essay on coronavirus prevention
- Essay on coronavirus treatment
- Essay on essay on trees
- Essay on television
- Gender inequality essay
- Water conservation essay
- Essay on Gurpurab
- Essay on Types of sports
- Essay on road safety
- Essay on my favourite season
- My pet essay
- Student life essay
- Essay on Railway station
- Essay on earth
- Essay on knowledge is power
- Essay on favourite personality
- Essay on memorable day of my life
- My parents essay
- Our country essay
- Picnic essay
- Travelling essay
- Letter Writing
- It So Happened Summary
- Honey Dew Chapter Summaries
- The Alien Hand
- Malu Bhalu Summary
- Sing a Song of People Summary
- The Little Bully Summary
- Nobody’s Friend Summary
- Class Discussion Summary
- Crying Summary in English
Which class are you in?
Download the App
Essay Writing Guide
Last updated on: Nov 20, 2023
Essay Topics: 100+ Best Essay Topics for your Guidance
By: Nova A.
13 min read
Reviewed By: Rylee W.
Published on: Jan 29, 2019
Let’s face it, essay writing can be tedious and boring. Spending hours to write a good essay is difficult, and brainstorming essay topic ideas can be even more confusing.
This is what makes writing essays difficult and time-consuming. Luckily, you can learn essay writing with practice and by following some good examples. But before that, you should know how to choose a good and engaging topic for your essay.
To help you get started, we have categorized a list of a number of different types of essay topic lists.
On this Page
Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay investigates a topic in great detail, forms an argument over it, and defends it using supporting data.
Below are some good argumentative essay topic ideas to help you draft winning essays.
- School students should be allowed to curate their high school curriculum.
- The role of physical education in the school system.
- Should the death sentence be implemented globally?
- It should be illegal to use certain types of animals for experiments and other research purposes.
- Should the government do more to improve accessibility for people with physical disabilities?
- Do people learn the art of becoming a politician, or are they born with it?
- Social media platform owners should monitor and block comments containing hateful language.
- Does technology play a role in making people feel more isolated?
- Will there ever be a time when there will be no further technological advancements?
- It should be illegal to produce and sell tobacco.
- Girls should be motivated to take part in sports.
- Rape victims should abort their unborn children.
- Fathers should get equal paternity leave.
- Do teenagers get into trouble because they are bored?
- Individuals who have failed at parenting should be punished.
- Vaping is less harmful than smoking cigarettes.
- Covid-19 vaccination has more cons than pros.
- Social media is the real cause of teenage depression.
- Is the American education system perfect for society?
- Recycling should be made compulsory.
Choosing a strong topic is key to writing a great essay. Have a look at our blog to select good argumentative essay topics to impress the audience.
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is similar to an argumentative paper. However, in it, the writer wants to convince the readers of their point of view. Simple essay topics would make better essays as they help the students stay focused.
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay topics for you:
- Energy drinks should be banned in schools and colleges.
- Gambling should be banned in the United States.
- Should abortions be banned worldwide?
- Hunting is an immoral act.
- Is it okay to use animals in a circus?
- Harmful dogs should be euthanized.
- Cell phones should not be allowed in schools.
- Teachers should pass a professional exam, just like students.
- Schools should reduce the workload on students.
- Sex education should be mandatory in high schools.
- Vlogging isn’t an actual profession.
- Is LinkedIn helpful for finding a job?
- Social media has played a big role in increasing business opportunities.
- Is Java becoming obsolete?
- Should employers go through the candidate’s social media profiles?
- Animal testing should be banned.
- Violent video games should be banned.
- Parents with mental disabilities should not be allowed to adopt children.
- Alcohol consumption should be legalized in Muslim countries.
- Every person should get Covid-19 vaccination.
For your help, we have gathered a wide range of persuasive essay topics . Give it a read.
Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay describes a specific thing by using sensory data. It is done to engage the reader’s five senses (taste, touch, smell, hearing, sight).
The following is a list of descriptive essay topic ideas for the students.
- The person who is responsible for making a difference in my life.
- Describe a smartphone and its benefits to someone from the ‘60s.
- The most interesting piece of art I have ever seen.
- Describe the experience of falling in love.
- What does a place that only exists in your imagination look like?
- Describe meeting a famous person.
- Describe yourself and your personality to a stranger.
- What will life be like in 2050?
- An experience that changed my life forever.
- Your idea of the perfect day.
- My first trip abroad.
- The most significant event in American History.
- A popular book series that disappointed you.
- A look into my daily life.
- A day in the life of an ER doctor.
- A trip to the museum.
- The most interesting movie I watched during my summer vacation.
- My favorite childhood memory.
- An incident that changed my life.
- An incident that restored my faith in humanity.
Here are some more descriptive essay topics to help you find a good idea for your essay.
Discover Captivating Topics in a Click!
Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, your goal is to share a personal experience by telling a story. This creative form of writing depends on how strong and exciting the theme is. The article topics for students given here are carefully curated and would help the students do good in their essays.
Some examples and topics of narrative topic ideas are presented below.
- The experience that taught me how looks could be deceiving.
- A week without internet and technology.
- The impact your first love had on your life.
- How much did your teachers contribute to making you the person you are today?
- An experience that made you realize your parents were or weren’t always right.
- A moment when someone you didn’t like surprised you with kindness.
- The influence technology has had on your hobbies and life.
- An achievement outside of academic life?
- Which school lesson had the biggest influence on your life?
- A day when you fought procrastination.
- The time you faced rejection.
- The time when you stood against your parents.
- An experience that left you helpless.
- The time you prayed to be an only child.
- An act of kindness you can never forget.
- Death of a loved one.
- Your biggest pet peeve.
- Your definition of a perfect weekend.
- The things you regret most in life.
- Your first experience of an air trip.
Choosing interesting narrative essay topics is essential to make the content compelling for the readers.
Research Essay Topics
While writing a research essay, the most crucial step is choosing a topic for your essay. Select a topic that is broad enough to compose an entire research essay on it.
Below are some of the best topics for your research essay.
- Effects of violent cartoons on children.
- Should universities provide accommodations to disabled students?
- Events and experiences I agree are causing the increase in terrorism.
- How do technology and gadgets affect the studies of children?
- Do children who attend preschool do better in school?
- Universities are becoming business-driven.
- Does college debt affect the future lives of students?
- Why has the divorce rate changed in the past decade?
- Schools should allow the use of smartphones in school.
- Effective ways to decrease depression among our youth.
- Analyze the relationship between the United States of America and North Korea.
- Why did the UK decide to leave the EU?
- Is it true that students learn better in a same-sex school?
- How does giving kids different gadgets affect their studies?
- Compare the immigration policies of two different countries.
- Events that lead to World War I.
- Pros and cons of studying abroad.
- How has Covid-19 influenced the education system of the world?
- Individual acts that lead to Global Warming.
- Effectiveness of the policies made to control Covid-19.
Looking for more? We have an extensive range of research essay topics to make the audience fall in love with your work.
Expository Essay Topics
While writing an expository essay, you have to explain and clarify your topic clearly to the readers.
Below is a list of expository essay topics:
- Why do teenagers commit suicide?
- What is the impact of music on our youth?
- What are the consequences of skipping school?
- Why do teenagers use drugs?
- How can pets make you happy and improve your life?
- Consequences of having alcoholic drinks within a school campus.
- How does drug use affect relationships?
- Is global warming a cause of skin cancer?
- Is sodium bad for your health?
- What is the line between being overweight and being obese?
- Why do you want to pursue your desired career?
- Explain how advancements in science improve the quality of life for humans.
- What are some unconventional ways of relieving stress?
- If you could swap your lives with someone, who would it be and why?
- What are some major stress factors in a teenager’s life?
- Why is getting a degree important for job life?
- Pros and cons of getting financial aid.
- How emotional support animals help in treating mental conditions.
- How does prostitution influence society?
- The environmental causes of smoking.
5StarEssays.com has gathered an additional and extensive list of expository essay topics .
Tough Essay Due? Hire Tough Writers!
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In a compare and contrast essay, you evaluate and analyze the similarities and differences between the two subjects. Your reader must be able to form an opinion after weighing the pros and cons you have set forth.
Below are some topics for you to choose for your compare and contrast paper:
- Extroverts and introverts.
- Generation Y Vs. Generation Z.
- Traditional Helicopters Vs. Lifesize Drones.
- Unemployed students Vs. students with a part-time job.
- SAT and TOEFL.
- Persuasive and argumentative essays - How are they similar?
- How were the causes of World War I different from the causes of World War II?
- Education vs. professional career: what is more difficult?
- Real-life or spending your time daydreaming.
- Consequences of earthquake and tsunami: what’s worse?
- Being popular in high school or alone?
- Part-time work or studying for a higher degree?
- Getting married at an old age or a young age?
- Fashion today Vs. twenty years ago.
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton.
- Democracy Vs. Dictatorship
- Vietnam War Vs. War on Terror.
- Benefits of drinking tea Vs. coffee.
- Greek and Roman methodologies - Similarities and differences.
- Traditional Vs. distant learning.
Get more interesting compare and contrast essay topics at 5StarEssays.com to impress your instructors.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The cause and effect essay explains why something happens and what happens as a result of those happenings. A cause and effect essay is a type of expository essay.
Here are a few topics for your cause and effect essay:
- What are the causes of eating disorders?
- Effects of climate change and global warming.
- The effects of the Feminism movement.
- What are the causes of increasing depression among teenagers?
- What are the causes of suicidal thoughts?
- Is keeping a pet effective in calming your mind?
- How does divorce affects children?
- Why are men afraid of commitment?
- Effects of social media on youth.
- Has social media affected relationships among families?
- Discuss the effects of homeschooling on children.
- Causes of heart diseases.
- Causes of sibling rivalry.
- Cramming doesn't help improve test scores.
- Cause and effect of depression in the workplace.
- How do abusive parents influence the mental stability of a child?
- Causes and effects of bullying.
- Causes of obesity in teenagers.
- Effects of taking a balanced diet on health?
- Causes and effects of insomnia.
To get more ideas, visit our cause and effect essay topics that are remarkable and well-suited for a great essay.
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Argumentative essay topics are quite popular assignments in universities. If you are a student searching for a captivating argumentative essay topic, here is a list of ideas you can consider.
- Third world war should be prevented by the Russian and US governments.
- Political policies and practices affecting students.
- Is gun control effective in reducing crime?
- Same-sex marriage and constitutional law.
- Is society over-regulated?
- Are leaders born or made?
- No one should be above the law.
- Monarchy: pros and cons.
- Rules on Political Activities by Federal Employees.
- The most corrupt countries in the world.
- Mercy killing should be legalized in all countries of the world.
- Death penalties should be abolished.
- Third-world countries should be provided with education plans by the developed countries.
- Muslims should not be labeled as terrorists.
- Illegal immigrants should be given equal rights.
- Abortions should be legalized.
- Live-in relationships should be encouraged.
- Professional athletes should be allowed to consume steroids.
- Should physical punishments be given to children?
- Smoking in public should be an offensive crime.
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Are you looking for some funny argumentative essay topics for your essay? If so, choose a topic from the following list.
- Why do people like watching funny videos?
- What your cat is really thinking.
- Why spam emails should be your favorite type of email.
- Why wearing braces is fun.
- School dropouts are the best in our society.
- Why I don't like country music.
- Types of dates.
- A better way to get things done.
- What organic food really is.
- Things guys do that girls hate.
- How to annoy your friend.
- Why do women pretend that they enjoy sports?
- Things preventing you from completing your homework in time.
- Funny things we see in wedding ceremonies.
- Why are spam emails more interesting?
- Why does Starbucks coffee taste better?
- Why are backbenchers smarter than other students?
- Clowns are scarier than funny.
- Should we be maintaining social distancing even after Covid-19?
- Why is watching movies better than reading books?
Informative Essay Topics for Students
Essay writing requires depth. However, you don’t have to choose a complex topic in middle school, high school, or college.
Here is a list of interesting essay topics for middle school, high school, and college students.
Essay Topics for College Students
- Virtual classes cannot replace the traditional class system.
- Advantages and disadvantages of online classes.
- Is there a need to reform the college education system?
- Assault weapons should not be legal.
- People with a history of mental illness should not be allowed to purchase firearms.
- The taxation system needs to be changed around the globe.
- Kids should not be the target audience in advertising.
- The number of calories should be mentioned with every meal.
- Feminists have effectively improved the workforce for women.
- Is the death penalty effective?
- How to identify fake news?
- How to maintain a healthy life?
- How to treat PTSD naturally?
- Should people be judged on their appearance?
- How is technology influencing the work performance of people?
- Private Vs. public schools
- How to choose majors in high school?
- Impact of legalizing drugs on society.
- Significance of learning social values.
- How to prevent bullying on campus?
Essay Topics for High School
- The choice to join the armed forces should be an individual decision.
- Listening to music can increase work efficiency.
- Being honest has more cons than pros.
- People who have been in an accident value life more than others.
- Embarrassing moments help boost your confidence.
- Kindness is the most valuable personal trait.
- Spontaneity can improve your life.
- Can hobbies help improve the richness of one’s life?
- Dressing properly in the office improves work efficiency
- Being organized can help in school as well as the office.
- Impact of homosexuality on society.
- What is feminism?
- How to overcome fears and phobias?
- Significance of having leadership skills in job life?
- Causes and treatments for bipolar disorder.
- Side effects of consuming antidepressants.
- How important is mental health in succeeding professionally?
- How do teaching methods influence learning abilities?
- Should specially-abled people be allowed to work in offices?
- Discrimination and racism in the US.
Paper Due? Why Suffer? That's our Job!
Essay Topics for Middle School
- Every child should have chores at home.
- There should not be any summer classes.
- Should students continue studying during summer vacation?
- Parents should pay attention to the amount of time their children spend watching television.
- Favorite family summer vacation.
- Sports should be mandatory in every school.
- Processed foods should not be part of private and public school lunch.
- Do students still use newspapers for research?
- Every individual should spend a year doing community service.
- The weekend should be 3 days long.
Still need help choosing an essay topic? 5StarEssays is a professional essay writing service that helps you get a high quality essay. We have a team of essay writers who are professionals and can do your essay .
We also have an AI-powered paper writer for you to help you generate an essay in seconds to use as a reference!
As a Digital Content Strategist, Nova Allison has eight years of experience in writing both technical and scientific content. With a focus on developing online content plans that engage audiences, Nova strives to write pieces that are not only informative but captivating as well.
Was This Blog Helpful?
- How to Write an Essay - A Complete Guide with Examples
- The Art of Effective Writing: Thesis Statements Examples and Tips
- Writing a 500 Word Essay - Easy Guide
- What is a Topic Sentence - An Easy Guide with Writing Steps & Examples
- A Complete Essay Outline - Guidelines and Format
- 220 Best Transition Words for Essays
- Essay Format: Detailed Writing Tips & Examples
- How to Write a Conclusion - Examples & Tips
- How to Title an Essay: A Step-by-Step Guide for Effective Titles
- How to Write a Perfect 1000 Word Essay
- How To Make An Essay Longer - Easy Guide For Beginners
- Learn How to Start an Essay Effectively with Easy Guidelines
- Types of Sentences With Examples
- Hook Examples: How to Start Your Essay Effectively
- Essay Writing Tips - Essential Do’s and Don’ts to Craft Better Essays
- How To Write A Thesis Statement - A Step by Step Guide
- Art Topics - 200+ Brilliant Ideas to Begin With
- Writing Conventions and Tips for College Students
People Also Read
- impromptu speech topics
- precis writing
- how to write a summary
- creative essay writers
- how to write a persuasive essay
Burdened With Assignments?
© 2023 - All rights reserved
- Homework Services: Essay Topics Generator
2000+ SATISFIED STUDENTS
95% Satisfaction RATE
30 Days Money-back GUARANTEE
95% Success RATE
© 2023 5StarEssays.com. All rights reserved.
LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- LOG IN Processing...
SIGN UP TO YOUR ACCOUNT
- Your phone no.
- Password Password must be minimum 8 characters.
- Confirm Password
- SIGN UP Processing...
- SEND PASSWORD