- Classroom Information
- LMS/LHS Grading Scale
- Champion Time
- Class Guidelines
- Spelling Lists Period 5-6
- Period 5-6 Spelling Worksheets
- Spelling Lists Periods 1-2 and 3-4
- Greek and Latin Roots
- Where the Red Fern Grows Webquest
- The Watsons go to Birmingham, 1963
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes
- Compare and Contrast
- Persuasive Essay
- Main Idea and Details
- Sentence Types
- Social Studies
- Comprehension Practice
- Remembering 9/11
- NWEA Review
- Escape Room #1
- Grades 6-12
- School Leaders
Don't forget to enter today's giveaway! Prizes change daily 🎁.
101 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids and Teens
Use your words to sway the reader.
Persuasive writing is one of those skills that can help students succeed in real life. Persuasive essays are similar to argumentative , but they rely less on facts and more on emotion to sway the reader. It’s important to know your audience so you can anticipate any counterarguments they might make and try to overcome them. Try reading some mentor texts to show kids great examples of opinion writing. Then use these persuasive essay topics for practice.
School and Education Persuasive Essay Topics
Life and ethics persuasive essay topics, science and technology persuasive essay topics, sports and entertainment persuasive essay topics, just for fun persuasive essay topics.
- Do you think homework should be required, optional, or not given at all?
- Students should/should not be able to use their phones during the school day.
- Should schools have dress codes?
- If I could change one school rule, it would be …
- Is year-round school a good idea?
- Should we stop giving final exams?
- Is it better to be good at academics or good at sports?
- Which is better, private schools or public schools?
- Should every student have to participate in athletics?
- Do you think schools should ban junk food from their cafeterias?
- Should students be required to volunteer in their communities?
- What is the most important school subject?
- Are letter grades helpful, or should we replace them with something else?
- Is it ever OK to cheat on homework or a test?
- Should students get to grade their teachers?
- Do you think college should be free for anyone who wants to attend?
- Should schools be allowed to ban some books from their libraries?
- Which is better, book smarts or street smarts?
- Should all students have to learn a foreign language?
- Are single-gender schools better or worse for students?
- Is it OK to eat animals?
- What animal makes the best pet?
- Visit an animal shelter, choose an animal that needs a home, and write an essay persuading someone to adopt that animal.
- If you find money on the ground, should you try to find the person who lost it, or is it yours to keep?
- Who faces more peer pressure, girls or boys?
- Should all Americans be required to vote?
- Is it better to be kind or truthful?
- Which is better, giving or receiving?
- Is it OK to keep animals in zoos?
- Should we change the minimum driving age in the United States?
- Which is more important, happiness or success?
- Is democracy the best form of government?
- Is social media helpful or harmful?
- Should parents be punished for their children’s mistakes or crimes?
- Should kids have set bedtimes or just go to bed when they’re sleepy?
- Do you think the government should find a way to provide free health care for everyone?
- Is it better to save your allowance or spend it?
- Should we ban plastic bags and bottles?
- Which is better, living in the city or in the country?
- If I could make a new law, it would be …
- Is Pluto a planet?
- Should human cloning be legal?
- Should vaccines be mandatory?
- Is it right for countries to still maintain nuclear weapon arsenals?
- Should testing on animals be made illegal?
- Will expanded use of artificial intelligence be good for humanity?
- Should all people have free Internet access in their homes?
- Is there intelligent life on other planets?
- Does technology create more jobs than it eliminates?
- Should parents use their children’s cell phones to track where they are?
- Should scientists try to develop a way for people to live forever?
- What’s the best type of smartphone: Android or iPhone?
- Which is better, Macs or PCs?
- Do people rely too much on technology in the modern world?
- Should cryptocurrencies replace cash?
- Should there be a minimum age requirement to own a smartphone?
- Is it important to keep spending money on space exploration, or should we use the money for other things?
- Should kids under 13 be allowed to use social media sites?
- Should we ban cigarette smoking and vaping entirely?
- Is it better to be an animal that lives in the water or on land?
- Should kids be allowed to watch TV on school nights?
- Which is better, paper books or e-books?
- Is the current movie rating system (G, PG, PG-13, etc.) effective?
- Are video games better than board games?
- Should we allow little kids to play competitive sports?
- Which is better, reading books or watching TV?
- Does playing violent video games make people more violent in real life?
- Are graphic novels just as valuable as traditional fictional books?
- Should everyone play on the same sports teams, regardless of gender?
- Choose a book that’s been made into a movie. Which was better, the movie or the book?
- Who is the world’s best athlete, present or past?
- Are professional athletes/musicians/actors overpaid?
- Which is better, fiction or nonfiction?
- The best music genre is …
- What is one book that everyone should read?
- What new sport should be added to the Olympics?
- What’s the best video game system?
- Does playing video games make you smarter?
- Does reality TV actually depict real life?
- Should all neighborhoods have free parks and playgrounds?
- What’s the best holiday?
- The very best food of all time is …
- Which is better, artificial Christmas trees or real ones?
- What’s the best season of the year?
- Should you put ketchup on a hot dog?
- Is a taco a sandwich?
- Does fruit count as dessert?
- Should people have to go to school or work on their birthday?
- Are clowns scary or funny?
- Which is more dangerous, werewolves or vampires?
- The best pizza topping is …
- What would be the best superpower to have?
- Should everyone make their bed every day?
- Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- Should you put pineapple on a pizza?
- Should you eat macaroni and cheese with a spoon or a fork?
- Describe the world’s best ice cream sundae.
- Is Monday the worst day of the week?
- Would you rather travel back in time or forward in time?
- Is it better to be too hot or too cold?
- Are there aliens living among us here on Earth?
What are your favorite persuasive essay topics for students? Come exchange ideas in the We Are Teachers HELPLINE group on Facebook .
Plus, check out the big list of essay topics for high school (120+ ideas) ..
You Might Also Like
40 Strong Persuasive Writing Examples (Essays, Speeches, Ads, and More)
Learn from the experts. Continue Reading
Copyright © 2023. All rights reserved. 5335 Gate Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Monthly Newsletter
- E-Learning/ Remote Learning Days
- Short Story Unit
- Socratic Seminar
- Homeless Bird Unit
- Writer's Toolbox
- Critical Reading
An Introduction of Persuasive Essay: Importance & Examples
Request for scholarship brochure
Writing holds a crucial factor for expressing someone's knowledge and point of view on a specific topic. It is a medium to express your thoughts on a topic to your teachers or other audiences.
This is why writing persuasive essays should be an integral part of our education from a very early age. The best international school in Malaysia focuses on developing the writing skills of their students from the basic to the advanced level. In this blog, we have discussed why persuasive writing is important. Besides, we have listed persuasive essay topics for students in various subjects.
What Do You Understand By Persuasive Essay?
A persuasive essay implies a type of essay writing which involves various logical arguments along with a personal or subjective appeal to express a certain point of view. The subject matter of persuasive writing can be personal or academic. In general, persuasive writing pertains to a question that the writer argues for or against according to his/her point of view. Go through our persuasive essay examples to gain a clearer view.
Importance of Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
Good persuasive essay topics play a crucial role in a kid's learning process. It helps them to produce and provide their arguments for or against a topic in their own way. Persuasive essay writing for kids improves critical thinking, writing abilities, and proficiency to express themselves.
Alongside, persuasive writing also aids largely in the learning and betterment of a language.
Persuasive Essay Topics Ideas for Students
As you have already mentioned, persuasive writing is extremely essential for students. But what are some of the topics on which they should start writing?
We have hence provided various designated segments of some of the most engaging persuasive essay topics that students can write. Choose the topics in which you feel confident to write and express your point of view.
School and Education Persuasive Essay Topics
Here are some school and education persuasive essay topics:
● Which subject in school is the most important?
● Should athletics be an integral part of education?
● Should uniforms be mandatory in every school?
● Students must not be allowed to use phones in school. Argue.
● Which is better, public schools, or private schools?
● Students should be responsible for maintaining cleanliness in school.
● Grades should not only depend on academics but also extracurricular activities.
● Students should also be allowed to rank or grade their teachers.
● Co-education vs single-gender schools.
● Should home teachers be allowed in parents teachers meetings?
● Why is it important to introduce sex education in every school?
● Exams do not do a proper valuation of a student's ability. Argue for or against.
Fun and Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics
Here are some fun and interesting persuasive essay topics.
● Do you believe aliens exist? Why or why not?
● Was the generation of Maradona tougher than that of Messi's?
● Fiction or nonfiction: What should you read more?
● Rock or classical: Which one is your favourite music genre?
● What is the best season of the year and why?
● Recommend the best pizza toppings. What are the reasons for your choices?
● Write about the best video game ever.
● Is entertainment important in education?
● The egg or the chicken: What came first?
● The most underrated actor ever!
● Should schools extend the summer holidays a few more days?
Persuasive Essay Topics on Animals
Here are a few persuasive essay topics on animals.
● Cats vs Dogs.
● Should zoos be banned and wild animals be freed to their natural habitat?
● Is it justified to do medical tests on animals?
● The government should be more strict to restrict animal abuse. Argue?
● Are non-vegetarians animal haters? What is your view?
● What can be done to reduce animal cruelty?
● Which pet would you love to have the most?
● Why do you think penguins do not have long legs?
● Are dogs the most intelligent pets?
● How to keep a snake as a pet?
● Humans are solely responsible for the extinction of various animal species.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Life and Ethics
Topics on life and ethics.
● It is alright to eat animals. Discuss for or against.
● Do competitive sports build a strong character?
● Boys vs girls.
● Should everyone be allowed to stand as a candidate in elections?
● Is it better to give than to receive?
● Is social media harmful or helpful?
● Can financial success be the ultimate cause of happiness?
● Why is reading books the best habit one can develop?
● Argue for or against the system of democracy.
● Argue for or against the system of capitalism.
● Which is better: saving or spending?
Best and Unique Persuasive Essay Topics
Some unique persuasive essay topics.
● Is a celebrity's life truly any better than a normal person’s?
● Pizza vs hot dogs.
● Should cooking be a part of education?
● Can there be any good reason for war?
● Which age is the best among these: 3, 13, 33, 63.
● Oranges can be the best reason to love winter.
● Is it really important to be ‘early to bed and early to rise?’
● Which is more important: Following passion or following security in life?
● What if the earth had been flat?
● Will it ever be possible for human beings to live on Mars?
● Building more parks will help kids to stay more physically active. Argue.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Environment
A list of important persuasive essay topics on environment.
● Do plastics really have a worthy alternative?
● Wildlife protection programs are not as successful as they should be. Argue.
● Recycling should be made mandatory.
● Palm oil should be banned to save the plant.
● The environment is more important than technological advancements.
● Is science and technology hazardous to the environment?
● Humans are only to blame themselves for global warming. Argue.
● There should be more bird sanctuaries.
● Air pollution is more harmful than water pollution. Do you agree?
● Man's greed is a cause of environmental deterioration on earth. Argue.
Persuasive Essay Topics on Sports
A list of interesting persuasive essay topics on sport.
● What should India do to be better at football at the international level?
● Cricket vs Football.
● Why should schools organise more sports activities?
● Racism in sports. How to fight against it?
● 2022 Summer Olympics.
● Badminton vs Lawn Tennis.
● Rugby is too dangerous for players.
● Which sports require the most skills and why?
● More involvement in women's sports.
● Who is better: LeBron James or Michael Jordan?
● What are the windfalls of Paralympics?
See also - What are the Kindergarten Age in Malaysia?
We hope that this article conveyed the importance of persuasive writing for kids. Persuasive writing not only boosts the writing skills of students, but it also allows them to learn new vocabulary, and a better understanding of the language, and most importantly, teaches them to express their point of view on a matter in the perfect way.
We have listed down various persuasive writing topics for kids on various subjects and fields of interest. If you are a student, try writing them all and provoke your mind to find relevant persuasive essay ideas.
What are the best Persuasive writing topics for grade 5?
Here uggestions for good persuasive essay topicsare some s for grade 5.
● How does homework help us in better learning?
● Hard work or talent: Which is more important according to you?
● ‘Everyone should be vegetarian’. Do you agree or disagree? Argue.
What are some easy Persuasive writing topics for grades 6 and 7?
Here are some persuasive writing ideas for 6th and 7th graders.
● How are video games addictive, especially to students?
● All students must wear proper uniforms in schools. Argue for or against.
● How is book reading a crucial habit to develop?
How do you choose a persuasive speech topic?
Follow these persuasive writing tips for extracting the best persuasive writing ideas.
● Write relevant topics.
● Do proper research.
● Choose a topic within your comfort zone.
How can grade 3 students write persuasive essays easily?
Grade 3 is the perfect time to introduce the students to interesting persuasive essay topics according to their standards. Fun persuasive writing topics will grow their interest in writing. Some suggested persuasive essay topics for kids are:
● Whom do you love the most and why?
● Which is better: Summer or winter?
● Cats vs dogs.
Ms Ranjana, a highly accomplished French teacher, joined the GIIS East Coast Campus after moving from Australia. She has been teaching French, English and EAL for more than 20 years and graduated from Monash University, Australia. As a polyglot, she shares her passion for languages with her students. She helps them understand how our experiences influence our communication.
More from same author.
Top ten great features of Kuala Lumpur International Schools
Best CBSE School in KL
Tops Reasons for Sending Your Child to Nursery
Top Reasons for Choosing an IGCSE School for Your Child
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Global Skills Scholarship
Talent Based - Technology
Tunku Abdul Rahman Universal Values merit cum means scholarship
Gross Family Income RM 120K to RM 250K
Global FUTURE-READY Merit Scholarship
91% Above or A and Above
Global Citizen Scholarship
93% and Above or A*
9GEMS Holistic Development Scholarship
Talent Based - 9 GEMS
Nam libero tempore, cum soluta nobis est eligendi
Malaysia is a country filled with diverse cultures, delectable foods and an accomplished education system.
There are plenty of scholarships available for children.
Are you thinking of sending your toddler to a kindergarten school?
If your child is an athlete in an international school, you would be a proud parent.
Quoting Swami Vivekanand, ‘Education is the manifestation of perfection, already existing in a man’- since birth every child has certain qualities within him/her and with right education and nurturing
Kuala Lumpur Campus
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Request for a Call back
Does your child qualify for scholarship to study at giis kl.
Fill this form to find out
essay writing tips
- Online help
- Custom Writing
- Winning college essay topics
- Analysis essay topics
- Argumentative essay prompts
- Cause/effect paper ideas
- Ideas for 6th graders
- Ideas for informative papers
- Writing on gender issues
- Writing on the Hobbit
- Ideas for a rhetoric essay
- Topic ideas on bulimia
- Comparative topics in sociology
- Point of view paper topics
- Ethical evaluation questions
- Environmental pollution problems
- Writing on corruption issues
- Ideas for descriptive essays
- Persuasive writing prompts
- Creating cause & effect paper topics
- 6th grade persuasive paper ideas
- Personal reflective paper subjects
- Romeo And Juliet paper topics
- Facebook argumentative essay ideas
- College informative essay questions
- Argument essay ideas:weapon possession
- History essay titles
- Topics for rhetoric analysis essays
- Argument synthesis essay prompts
- Essay ideas on The Great Gatsby
- Romeo and Juliet: essay prompts
- Fresh essay ideas on global warming
- Cause-and-effect paper topic sentences
- Essay topics on efficient governance
- Year 9 biology essay prompts
- Your school: descriptive paper topics
- Writing ideas for an essay on friendship
- Rhetorical essay examples
- Writing a how-to essay
- Where to look for professional help
- Where to find free samples
- Social Media in 2014 - sample paper
- Pros & cons of writing assistance
- Starting your persuasive paper
- Places to get free examples
- Looking for sample opinion essays
- Descriptive paper samples
- Free short story papers
- Persuasive writing samples
- Writing a cause & effect essay
- Free papers about music
- Creating an evaluation essay
- Art essay sample
- Writing a descriptive essay
- Titanic - sample essay
- Creating a paper on video games
- How to write an illustration paper
- Family Law essay template
- Narrative paper writing basics
- Persuasive essay: knowledge vs. diploma
- Creating an essay for middle school
- Expository essay writing advice
- Getting sample poverty expository essays
- Writing a grade 8 expository essay
- Improving essay writing skills
- Outlining an expository essay
- How to buy papers for sale
- Essay writing on world changes
- Writing an essay on yourself
- Example Master's essays
- Descriptive papers about a person
- Comparative paper conclusion tips
25 Good Persuasive Essay Topics For 6th Graders
The idea behind a persuasive essay is to help the student pass their ideas through to the audience. Even at such an early age, kids today have formed some opinions of the things that they see in the world around them, and it is important to use this as a means to get them to open up. Through a persuasive essay, it is easier to learn what they think, and help them see the world in a better light as they grow up. The following are some of the simplest persuasive essay topics from myhomeworkdone.com that you can choose for 6th grade students:
- Laws should be placed to ban droopy pants
- Snow days are better than sunny days for having family fun
- Having too much money for kids is not a good idea
- Parenting classes need to be administered to all teenagers
- Arts and sciences are supposed to be offered as special degrees
- People who abandon their pets should be charged in jail
- Children who get terrible grades should be encouraged to do better
- Freedom of speech should not have limits
- Homework should be reduced so that kids have more time to relax at home after school
- Advertisements in magazines should not feature skinny women
- A woman president would be better than a male president
- Students should be taught to write more often so that they learn better handwriting
- Etiquette should be taught as a lesson in classes
- There should be a law against spam mail, and huge penalties to those who send them
- Passing into Mexico from America should be easier than it currently is
- Longer hair is better than shorter hair
- It should be illegal to make a racial slur
- Comedians who use foul language to entice their audience should be charged
- Babysitters should be sent to parenting classes
- The world needs to appreciate recycling more often
- Children who read more perform better than children who do not read more often
- Internet access is supposed to be free for anyone who wishes to gain access
- Every student should be allowed to study abroad
- Gun ownership is supposed to be made accessible to most people for security reasons
- The government should stop invading other countries so that we can have more peace and fewer people who hate us.
- Quality essay writing services
- Evaluation essay examples
- Getting a custom essay
- Harley-Davidson essay sample
- Writing an argumentative essay
- Crafting a leadership paper
- Sample paper on racism
- War Has Beauty: an essay sample
- Crafting a paper step by step
- Media relations essay template
- Mass destruction & terrorism essay
- Technology paper sample
- When you have an hour left
- Choosing your agency
- 5 reasons to get help online
- Understanding the essentials
- Literary essay examples
- Pimp my paper
- Writer jobs from home
© WritingCastle.net. All rights reserved.
6th grade persuasive writing
All formats, resource types, all resource types.
- Rating Count
- Price (Ascending)
- Price (Descending)
- Most Recent
6th Grade Common Core: Opinion Writing *NO PREP
Main Idea 6th Grade | Text Structures 6th Grade Opinion Writing +
6th Grade Opinion Writing Rubric
4th 5th 6th Grade Christmas Opinion/ Persuasive Writing
4th 5th 6th Grade Thanksgiving Opinion/ Persuasive Writing
No Prep, One Day Lesson or Sub Plan for 6th Grade : Persuasive Essay Writing
Sixth Grade Bundle: Common Core Narrative and Opinion Writing (*NO PREP)
Would You Rather - Opinion Writing Prompts - Sixth Grade
Greatest Development of Ancient China Opinion Writing Unit | 5th & 6th Grade
4th 5th 6th 7th 8th Grade : Persuasive Opinion Writing Choice Board Center
Election Day Political Platform Persuasive Writing for 3rd through 6th Grade
6th grade Persuasive and Narrative Writing Rubrics
- Google Drive™ folder
6th Grade Opinion Writing Strategy Cards
6th grade S.S. Leaf Shortage Simulation & Opinion Writing Activity
- Google Slides™
Sixth Grade Common Core Persuasive Writing Rubric
- Word Document File
6th Grade Week 1 Opinion Writing
ELA Emergency Sub Plans 6th grade 7th 8th Middle School Substitute Lesson Plans
- Easel Activity
Persuasive Writing Unit - Activities and Games | Grade 4 - 6
Unpopular Opinions - Opinion Writing Activity ( Grade 6-8 Language)
Persuasive Writing Prompts & Topics: Opinion Writing Prompts Graphic Organizers
- Google Apps™
6th Grade Literacy Centers | 6th Grade Reading Comprehension ELA Activities
Opinion Writing Bundle | Introduction and Conclusion Paragraphs
4th and 5th Grade Writing Center - Persuasive Writing
Opinion Writing Prompt: Real Tree or Artificial
- We're hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Student privacy
- Terms of service
- Tell us what you think